New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default To Design a Keyboard...

Hi all! For my EDD (Engineering Design and Development) project, we are developing a keyboard with a focus on durability. This could range from keyboard feet that don't break as easily to (potentially) waterproofing. If you're interested in helping us gather some data, please consider taking this short survey.

Thanks a lot, fellow Playgrounders!
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: To Design a Keyboard...

Whelp, there ya go.
    (Can't say that the feet on keyboards ever entered my mindspace. Other concerns are more pressing before that.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    Hi all! For my EDD (Engineering Design and Development) project, we are developing a keyboard with a focus on durability. This could range from keyboard feet that don't break as easily to (potentially) waterproofing. If you're interested in helping us gather some data, please consider taking this short survey.

Thanks a lot, fellow Playgrounders!
    I don't know if this is anyadditional help, but one of the early personal computers (before the IBM PC annexed the name) was the Husky-Hunter (and the possibly original Husky), which was designed to be... Well, a reviewer at the time reckoned that you could drive a truck over it.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I don't know if this is any additional help, but one of the early personal computers (before the IBM PC annexed the name) was the Husky-Hunter (and the possibly original Husky), which was designed to be... Well, a reviewer at the time reckoned that you could drive a truck over it.
    Technically, you could drive a truck over any computer. The question is whether the computer survives it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWizardGuy View Post
    Technically, you could drive a truck over any computer. The question is whether the computer survives it.
    True, but the Husky range were designed so that they would survive. I think the original was actually designed to work on building sites.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

6. - Top - End - #6
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    True, but the Husky range were designed so that they would survive. I think the original was actually designed to work on building sites.
    The modern equivalent is the Toughbook brand.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)