New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sometimes you just want power... [IC]

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 219/219 | AC: 43 Touch: 18 Flatfooted: 37

Carefully putting the woman on the ground after reaching the others, he stood above her, staring down the constructs before from his throat a growl could be heard that quickly became a roar as he closed the distance and, opening his jaws wider than they should, revealing many, many incredibly sharp teeth, he bit down on it.

Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show

Move action to get closer, after dropping the cultist.
    Standard action attack... single one
    Attack Bite Roll (1d20+14)[28]
    Damage Bite Roll (3d8+13)[31]

"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

One of the constructs breaks down under the attacks of Taylor and Gawain, while the other one melts under the rays of Arach, almost breaking.
    The one with the cane turns back.
    "Aborption. Danger level Alpha. Contacting ABs, hold them back..." it says, and starts running away.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    one construct is still standing, albeit barely, and quite fuming. The shooter is running away, at a speed of 120' (because of running, not that it has a land speed of 120')

Laird turn
    Last edited by Valmark; 2017-10-04 at 05:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Armon locks his eyes on the fleeing construct.
    "Don't run! I have one for you,
    too!"

"Bass Drop."

Spoiler: Bass Drop
    Show

Sonic Elemental Bomb = 72 damage
    Reflex save vs DC 23
    It's a 20' blast
    Range 720'

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

The construct almost breaks down from the soundwave- the tube dropping on the ground because the wave broke the attachments to the construct.
    The other one disengages from the fight, goind down the corridor a fair bit before stopping.
    "Wall protocol initialized" it says, as the back opens and two tower shields emerge from it, shimmering with light.

Show
    All of you. The construct that's running will be out of sight after yasa, jna and gravity turns (order not really necessary)
    The second one is blocking the way, you can run past him but you'll get attacked.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    How high is the ceiling? Could I fly over the blocker and avoid an AoO that way?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

"Yes...run. RUN FOR YOUR MISERABLE SEMBLANCE OF LIFE! I cast Haste on myself and run towards the retreating construct.
    elephants are made of carbon

and so are you

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[SIZE=1/2]"uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh"[/SIZE] Her head was swimming, and so was her vision. She felt herself over on instinct, but, could find no wounds. Battle, she'd been in a battle, that, that didn't make sense, why why did she remember different angles of a battle? She, was hurt, she was sure.

Everything was shaking, like some earthquake, massive sounds like explosions or mountains being dropped were rumbling. Move. She needed to move, she forced herself to her feat, moving, through the darkness toward a better lit segment. She knew she hand armor, tools. Some supply's. Weapons.

Things cleared when she got to the light, and her eyes dilated and she tried to stick to the shadows on reflex even as she began to draw the string. The bow enchanted to fire arrows it conjured of force. Feeling both new and familiar in her hands.

It was massive, and charging seemingly right at her, this great monstrosity of metal and magic. She fired on it, and any shots she could get off, she fired at it's partner down the way, battling other similar colossuses. But not similar, organic it seemed? Were In all the hells and abyss had she landed?!

Spoiler: Mechanics.
    Show
    (1d20+55)[62] Hide Check cause she's a bit freaked. Call that what she was doing prior to joining the combat.

(1d20+14)[27] Initiative.

Full Attack. Using Rapid Shot and Power Attacking for full, -8 to hit and +16 to Damage. If they have spell like ability's or spell casting of any sort, my favored enemy kicks in, and I get an extra +6 damage per hit. I bypass/ignore Spell Resistance/Immunity, Damage Reduction, and Miss Chance due to being Incorporeal.

Attack 1
    (1d20+28)[44]

Damage 1
    (1d2+18)[19]

Attack 2, Rapid Shot Attack.
    (1d20+28)[32]

Damage 2.
    (1d2+18)[20]

Attack 3, Iterative Attack.
    (1d20+23)[38]

Damage 3.
    (1d2+18)[20]

"I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

As Arach charges passing the construct in the direction of the running one, he sees tiny, flaming lights shoot out from a shadow on a side. One of them takes the running one, burning his last defences and dropping him to the ground, not before he said EXPERIMENT 0 RECOGNIZ- and then falling to the ground.
    Two of said lights instead pass alongside him, planting themselves in the construct behind, burning his circuits down.

Show
    Free of the fight, it takes a 42 to see her (-20 because she attacked)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

With the fight ended satisfactorily, Armon blinks out of sight and scans the corridor for whatever finished off the construct threats.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Listen (1d20+19)[26]
    Search (1d20+23)[26]
    Spot (1d20+19)[23]

10. - Top - End - #40

DrowGirl

"To me, Constantine." I speak in an undecipherable, lizardlike language. My snake Familiar approaches me, and I look around.
    (1d20+4)[13]
    "Show yourself." I order the one who destroyed the robotic guards.

and so are you

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 219/219 | AC: 43 Touch: 18 Flatfooted: 37

Seeing the constructs be struck down by arrows of light, he tried his best to find what was there, in that hallway. Although after seeing nothing, he went back to the body of the girl he put down on floor, lifting her up. At the very least, he will protect her, from whatever it was

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

SPot check (1d20+12)[28]
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-10-12 at 10:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

She took in a sharp breath, trying to wrap her brain around what she was seeing. The shaggy haired man, the currently unconcess woman he was helping up. The green haired elven man, the woman who seemed like she was made of water, all of them seeming hundreds of feet tall, dwarfing even the largest building she'd ever seen in her life! And they spoke like thunder, demanding she identify herself.

Yeah. Sure. She'd get right on that one.

"And how do I know none of you mean me harm either?! I don't know who any of you are! Or where in all the hells I am!" She wasn't stupid, she moved as soon as she'd spoken, sticking to the shadows and keeping the odd rock outcroppings between her and a clear line of vision to the strangely massive giants. If they wanted to use her voice to pin her down, she meant to disappoint them.

Show

Moving right after I speak, trying to throw off there assessment of were I am for now.

Hide check: (1d20+51)[66]
    Move Silently Check: (1d20+27)[43]
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 219/219 | AC: 45 Touch: 20 Flatfooted: 41

Barely making out the quiet voice, he decided to respond "We don't know who we are or where we are either, and so far you can see us but we can't see you, a bit unfair would you say?"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Spot check (1d20+12)[30]
    Listen Checks (1d20+8)[25]

14. - Top - End - #44

DrowGirl

"It's true," I say, "That you have no reason to trust us. I find that this implies a sense of paranoia, meaning that we cannot trust you not to abandon us in our hour of need. Therefore, logically, we should go our separate ways. Enjoy starvation.

and so are you

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"The one with the damsel in distress makes a logical point. Assuming he speaks true. But, I'll confess this much, If I come out, you'll probably have the advantage of me. What's my reassurance nothing will be done too me once that happens?

Also, the one with the elf ears confuses paranoia and treachery for basic precautions when one wakes up unsure of whom they even are, with no idea where they are, and is immediately attacked by giant iron golems or whatever the hell's those things I shot up mere seconds ago were. "
    She held her ground for the moment, ready to dart away again if the elvish looking giant started to make a problem, but listening. One of them at least sounded half way reasonable so far.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain

Glaring towards the Elf for the comments that were said, he continued talking. "Similarly we have no assurance that, the moment we drop our guard, you will use the fact we can't even find you to just shoot at us, even then you'd have advantage over us..." He took a moment to ponder over her words. "Giant golems? But... they weren't gian- oh. Is this why...?"
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-10-13 at 09:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, that would have something to do with it big guy. Give the man a prize. Though you make a half decent point again. So, just to test my understanding here, you lot are telling me none of you have the faintest idea who you are or were we all are, or how we got here. Have I got that right?" She was snarky, but there was, warming in her voice. A little less tension then there had been last time.
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain

He tried to go through his muddled memories, yet still nothing. "None whatsoever. As for the 'big'... You being invisible too, like one of our companions, was the first possibility, rather than size." Some concern could be heard in his voice. "...How small are you?"
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-10-14 at 12:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"From were I'm standing I'm most of six feet tall, but I'm in a place full of freaking overgrown giants. I, think I remember something about, being in a wizards old deserted tower, and, I don't know, it's still a blurr. Didn't the Golem say something about experiments?"

There was a pause, and then the voice spoke again.

"Ah the hells with it. Alright, I'm coming out. You lot try to pull a fast one on me and I will take an eye ball with me before I drop, fair warning."

It was quite for a few seconds, and then, a light, shining, clearly, down at ground level, it dimmed away after a moment, having done it's job, drawn attention to the inch tall figure standing there. She had Ivory skin, white beyond any humans, and raven hair which she had up in a fairly cute bun and pony tail combo. She was extremely slender in her build, and sporting massive ears and a tail that no human would have had, and bright light blue eyes that off set with the hair wonderfully. Her attire was of darker greens for the most part, with a pair of black leather boots and a dark leather belt with several tools hanging from it. In her hands she held a yellowish looking long bow, with a string made of a minute bit of visible force.

"Given that I don't know if introductions would work, I'll settle for asking if there's a plan?" She said up to the titanic group, still clearly not precisely comfortable with the situation.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #50

DrowGirl

"I happen to have a plan," I say. "We check the database of these constructs for a map out of this wretched labyrinth. If that fails, we search for a living creature and subjugate his will to inform us of any way to escape. If said being has no knowledge we can...let's see, if we order him to stand in place until the spell wears off, he wont be able to follow us."

and so are you

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I don't object to that first part anyway, so let's start there." She offers, raising an eyebrow at the second part for whatever that was worth.
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #52

DrowGirl

"I was simply working on my strengths. I excel at mental manipulation." Constantine slithers up my arm and coils around my shoulder.

and so are you

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain

He let his eyes fall upon the 1 inch person that he was speaking to... And he felt surprise at this, but also something nostalgic when looking upon her. And yet, at same size, respect towards her for taking down the constructs like that, despite such obvious size difference.

"Let's keep... mental manipulation as last resort, okay?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

mad Re: Sometimes you just want power... [IC]

"Are you aware, little girl, that you are very, very small?" The blast of warm air that accompanies the words emanates from directly behind the wee archer.
    This is because of the draconic creature laying in his stomach inches away from her. "I believe I have injuries larger than you. Will you be able to keep up? Perhaps if I carry you..."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"GAH!" Having been snuck up on, she did the obvious thing, and bolted, tearing forward at a dead sprint and leaping for all she was worth!

Show
    Moving 40ft toward and past the party. Jump check to get to higher ground. A ledge or something, I'm not picky.

(1d20+9)[22] Note: I get 1 foot of vertical movement for every 1 of the total. So, a 10 would be 10ft of vertical movement for example. At my size that is going to look like a crazy high jump and movement. Which is sort of the point! XD!

She whirled around, not even minding what she'd landed on so much, or realizing how much air she'd gotten or ground she'd covered, drawing her bow for a second before relaxing it.

"Do! Not! Sneak! Up! Behind! Me!" She grumbled at the scaly party member between pants. "Almost cause my heart to burst!"
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The scaled monstrosity lifts himself to his feet slowly. "I am sorry if I scared you, little girl," he vanishes for the same length of time as it takes to blink, only to reappear face to face with the little one, "that was never my intent."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-10-14 at 06:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain

He only took a step closer, but in a manner that lets his presence be known to the tiny one, so that she doesn't think he's sneaking up.

"I'd suggest maintaining some distance or making your presence be a bit better known before you appear, perhaps?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"GAHK!!" She went a literal four feet in the air before she landed, tense, pointing the bow at him for a couple of seconds before she visibly forced herself to relax, muttering to herself under her breath just before and as she did, looking like she was now sincerely in danger of having a heart attack.

"Ok, One. Stop, Getting, So, Bloody, Close, With, No, Warning! You wanna get a closer look, fine, but make sure I can see you walking like a normal person when you do! Geez! And second, why do you keep calling me little? I spent a whole lot of time being perfectly normal. This place and you people are just freaking overgrown!
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Hm. I can see your confusion.
    Perhaps we have become oversized."
    He turns to the rest of the rag tag party and glides to the floor. "Do any if you feel like you are particularly larger than normal?"

30. - Top - End - #60

DrowGirl

"Seven inches taller than the average for Elves. Does it even matter?"

and so are you