New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sometimes you just want power... [IC]

"But he's the avatar of destruction! He feasts on his enemies and mows down divinities!" she exclaims, looking at Gawain "Tell the moth who you are!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    everyone look at gawain. Social pressure.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

"At the rate this going, it's not going to matter who you were, it's what you are, and odds are good what you are is someone who really does NOT want to be trying to eat anything we find in this dungeon because of celestials only know what's been done with it.

Also, lady, given that I was party to saving your butt after you got observably in over your head in less than six seconds of fighting and I've done a heck of a lot more toward succeeding at killing things that are a threat too you than you have for me, AND that I just had to put about a quarter of you and some change back in proper place, after, I might add, I spent time I could have been spending prepping to more efficiently deal with the threat to give you some magical assistance that clearly would have been better applied to Gawian, I really don't think you've got any room to be calling me a Moth when you know my name, thank you very much!"

She was logical, but she was also firm enough to make it clear she really didn't have any room to be cocky right now.
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Arach is slightly surprised. "A moth? You? ...I'll have to remember that one. He then turns to their guide. So, where do we have to go next?"
    elephants are made of carbon

and so are you

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Ha ha ha! Well said, 'lil lady! An ace with words as well as arrows!"

Turning to the cultist, "Just a thought here, the biggest guy gets welcomed to the fight because he's big; the smallest, because he's proven."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 224/224 NONLETHAL DAMAGE: 39 | AC: 49 Touch: 19 Flatfooted: 45

As the battle ended, his teeth and his hands, his body, seemingly returned to normal. But watching the girl mutilate the corpses... He was reminded of something, but a part of him felt uneasy at this. And this behavior...

He heard Selena argue with the girl, and even when he was about to agree with her, something about what the purple haired girl said hit him. He stepped a bit forward.

"You... remember who I was before that? What a part of me was?" He held his head, closing his eyes, as he felt the confusion, but at same time a headache was forming, giving him a migraine. "I... I only remembered a name, one name. That's why I call myself Gawain. Tell me, who was I before all this..."
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Cultist pouts when she gets told off, rather fixing her attention on Gawain. Rather one-track mind, the girl.
    "You don't!? Neither do I remember myself but... how can YOU forget? The avatar of destruction! The eater of existence! The unkillable monster! The biggest of them all! You are the tarrasque!"

Show
    small note: she's NOT gonna be like this for long. Calling moth too much would kill my fun. And maybe yours too. But it's because of something that's gonna come out later :p

Also, yasa, you may unlock one memory of your tarrasque side. Which means remembering what you were... the evil part, at least.
    There are at least two npcs for each of you (only prepared one of them yet thought and you're not gonna like him...) plus memories that are to be "freed" in specific keypoints (I don't mean railroading, just moments where it'll happen, the exact event may vary)

Cultist doesn't have outside npcs.

The guy in the walkie-talkie answers to Arach "Franckly, I'm not understanding something. You got there and it should be filled with mutants, yet several minutes passed and you fought only... once? And they were few?
    I can't check much since in my position I can't reliably examine that part without responsive sentries, but I'm starting to think it may be good that you went there...
    Even because the situation around here is not THAT bad... yet"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Selena gave Arach a look that might have been imposing if she wasn't towered over by his pinky finger.

Ruger however, is afforded a broad grin and a nod.

"Nice to know someone appreciates me! Thank you very much!"

As the other two have the exchange, she winds up settling her eyes on Gawain, waiting to see what his, response to this claim was.

"I hate to be the one to say it, but, aren't you kind of, little, to be the Tarrasque? Also, whatever your name is, seriously what was your name anyway? And how do you even know that?!"
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 224/224 NONLETHAL DAMAGE: 28 | AC: 49 Touch: 19 Flatfooted: 45

At the girl's words he got quiet, as his headache intensified. Even now, the wounds and pain he felt in rest of the body were fading away, knitting, regrowing. His body was almost as pristine as it was before battle.

"The... Tarrasque..." he said, gripping his head, he groaned as his memories hit him with a sudden force.

He remembered destruction, he remembered being immense and this... this incredible hunger. He devoured, only to fill that void in himself, and anyone that tried to stop him? They did nothing, for any of their efforts soon dissappeared, as his carapace and skin healed themselves. All they did was make him hungrier...

And yet, somewhere deep inside him, he could recall something else. A memory as if from long long ago. A blurred, indistinct figure that he felt safe with. He felt no hunger at the time, and he... he knew he was still a tarrasque then. But what was this memory then? All everyone knew about tarrasque was what the girl said he was. An avatar of destruction. Eater of existence. Unkillable monster...

'Unkillable?' he thought, his headache lessening and finally letting him see again, his ears still listening to what was being said around him.

He looked towards Selena, memories of how others were of similar size compared to him in the past almost bringing some annoyance, but he pushed it back. That... that was only part of him.

"I... did say I felt smaller than I should be, then. I can assume that's that. But most importantly..." his eyes gazed towards the girl. "Selena is right. You said you don't remember yourself, but I could recall the name of the being that I was combined with. Selena remembered her own. Do you remember yours?" And at these, all he added was. "...You said unkillable monster. But we all died here, in one way or another. What finally managed to kill me, if I was a Tarrasque in the past?"

9. - Top - End - #159

DrowGirl

"I actually remember," Arach offhandedly mentions. "But personally, I prefer my current form. Much more powerful...much more skilled...able to leave behind the wretched life I once lived.

and so are you

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Cultist clutches her head, trying to remember.

"There was... a fight... a titanic creature of metal and bone... but then it all went dark..." she looks like she's in pain, and it almost looks like her whole body is shaking...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"Breath kiddo, just breath, will get that sorted out later. All of it. If I have to drag it out of the researchers at weapon point.

In the mean time, we've got some more mess to clean up."

It was an out for them, so that they could stop subjecting themselves to pain for now.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 224/224 NONLETHAL DAMAGE: 17 | AC: 49 Touch: 19 Flatfooted: 45

He gently pat the girl's head. "Don't force yourself to remember if it hurts you so much. We will have plenty of time later to do this slowly. For now... there's still more left to kill before we can rest." He said, with a smile that showed his teeth, both to reassure her and show that, if she considered Tarrasque so important, then he is still one partially. "But we have to call you something, and since you are so devoted to me and what I was... How about just Cultist?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Mechanics.
    Show
    (1d20+9)[27] Jump check as a formality.

Selena took a leap as Gawain moved to put is hand in more or less the same space she'd been occupying. She landed back at ground level, fixing him a mildly annoyed look before turning to look down the corridor.

"Right. Cultist it is then. On that note, do we have a spare crossbow or something we can give her so that next time she doesn't just get herself grabbed hold of and used as a shield?

Ponder that one while I start scouting ahead again.

(1d20+17)[24] Searching for traps or loot.

(1d20+17)[29] Spot.

(1d20+17)[35] Listen.

(1d20+27)[40] Move Silently.

(1d20+51)[71] Hide.

"I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #164

DrowGirl

Arach pulls out the rifle-like object he harvested from the mechanical golems and wordlessly tosses it to the Cultist.

and so are you

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Let's do as the little one does and move on out!" Once more, Ruger flickers out of sight.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Listen (1d20+21)[39]
    Search (1d20+22)[34]
    Spot (1d20+21)[26]
    Move Silently (1d20+23)[25]

16. - Top - End - #166

DrowGirl

Arach joins Ruger and...Selena? Was it?...in their sneaking.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Silently-(1d20+3)[10](10)
    Hide-(1d20+3)[11](11)
    Spot-(1d20)[18](18)
    Listen-(1d20)[2](2)

and so are you

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sliverblade hides in a corner, spying on the party.
    Show
    (1d20+19)[28] for Hide.
    (1d20+20)[33] for Move Silently.
    (1d20+13)[30] for Spot.
    (1d20+13)[16] for Listen.
    Last edited by TheLovableRogue; 2017-12-18 at 02:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

The three explorers go onward scouting admist the slime, while Gawain and Cultist stay behind, him trying to make her understand that the weapon Arach gave her is NOT to be used as a mace.

Scouting attentively, they press on until they notice someone hiding from them... and the guy noticing them.

Show
    Of course, it's Silverblade.

While they are scouting, Gawain hears a strange noise coming from the spider corpse, as if something was... eating in a rather rumurous way? Homewever the corpse isn't moving.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 224/224 NONLETHAL DAMAGE: 6 | AC: 49 Touch: 19 Flatfooted: 45

He narrowed his eyes, as he concentrated. He could feel his companions, an extra presence and... He could almost feel something from the corpse... a multitude of presences, of minds. This... could be dangerous.

He crossed his arms and took a deep breath, holding it and letting the instincts guide him. He could feel warmth gather in him, various energies collect... His arms and throat began to glow, along with the center of his chest... And then he uncrossed his arms and exhaled, a wave of silver energy that warped vision near it, with a loud sound accompanying it as the power was released. It was directed towards the corpse, to hopefully also attack whatever was in it.

"It's not over yet..."

Show
    Breath Weapon, standard action:
    Line 60 feet length, Sonic (8d6)[22] Reflex save DC: 28 for half

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Not over yet? "What's not over yet?
    Did that corpse move?"

Ruger appears with rifle in hand and fires into the remains.

Spoiler: Pew Pew
    Show

Full Attack

1.)
    Splitting, Force, Seeking

To Hit (1d20+21)[35]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[34]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[12]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm [roll](1d20+21)[38]
    To Hurt Critically [roll](4d8+18)[47]

To Hit (1d20+21)[40]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[31]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[20]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm [roll](1d20+21)[34]
    To Hurt Critically [roll](4d8+18)[28]

2.)

To Hit (1d20+16)[20]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[38]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[9]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm [roll](1d20+16)[21]
    To Hurt Critically [roll](4d8+18)[34]

To Hit (1d20+16)[21]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[35]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[14]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm [roll](1d20+16)[29]
    To Hurt Critically [roll](4d8+18)[36]

Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-12-22 at 09:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

As the sound wave hits the corpse, Gawain feels numerous minds turn off where many others still remain. The shots from Ruger form new holes in the corpse, which hastens what they probably guessed- hundreds of tiny spiders emerge from the corpse, ravenously searching for meat. Luckily, there are two nice pieces of meat right there...

Show
    Since they can't dodge, the swarm takes 33 damage from Gawain.

Damage (4d6)[16]+(2d6)[8] acid on Gawain
    Damage (4d6)[18]+(2d6)[9] acid on Cultist

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"Well this is just brilliant. Arach, we've got company. Go back up Ruger and Gaiwan, I'll see if I can fish out what's what with said company." She aimed at one remaining companion.

And then focused her attention on throwing her voice about again.

"Alright, you, in the corner, start talking. Who are you, what do you want with us?"
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #173

DrowGirl

Arach looks at Selena quizzically, but soon turns to his comrades' battle. As he walks forward, he nonchalantly tosses a bubble of acid to the ground, where it flows into a pool. Arach holds his hand out and the acid streams into his hand, morphing into an ornate silver staff with a spherical emerald attached to the top. He spins it for a moment, then slams the bottom on the ground, creating a green, glowing crack in it, which spreads to the swarm of spiders. A geyser suddenly bursts out of the ground, spewing acid at the arachnids and slamming them against the ceiling.
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25] for attack.
    (2d6)[6] for damage.
    Current Toxicity: 5
    Max Toxicity: 19

and so are you

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Gawain
    Level 8 T//E/EE | HP: 224/224 NONLETHAL DAMAGE: 0 | AC: 49 Touch: 19 Flatfooted: 45

Gawain's body blurred as the swarm tried to overwhelm him, but they just seemed to not be able to quite touch as his body moved, an afterimage left behind, similar to how one still sees an image after a candle is blown. At this point, the wounds he sustained previously from the previous fight have fully healed.

His claws seemed to blur and glow with an eerie sound as he cut at whatever his claws could reach. It felt maddening, the type of enemy he couldn't properly hit, properly rip apart...

Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show

MISS CHANCE, BEACHES. result in ooc
    Only Claws now. If they hit, only energy damage does anything

Claw 1 (1d20+20)[40]
    Sonic Damage (2d6)[9]

Claw 2 (1d20+20)[39]
    Sonic Damage (2d6)[5]

Cultist

She tried to attack the spiders swarming her, but being unable to hit as they covered her body as there were too many of them. However, it seemed that the damaged inflicted on her seemed less, as if it couldn't penetrate as deep as it should
    Show
    (16 damage, due to Just a Scratch)

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

The swarm is already dwindling, thought there are still a lot of vermins on Cultist and Gawain, biting and tearing apart their flesh.

Show
    You know, we are pretty much random right now.

Gawain/Cultist took two rounds, swarm took one, Ruger and Arach took one round too. So Ruger and Arach take another round (Tecnically Selene too, but she's speaking with Silverblade)

26. - Top - End - #176

DrowGirl

Arach inhales deeply and spewed acidic gas at the spiders.
    Show
    Save DC 18
    (8d6)[23]

and so are you

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”That is for me to know, and you to not. The question is, who are you?”

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm the one with the drop on you and actual back up in the area. I'm also the one with the drop on you and actual back up in the area who hasn't offered you violence, yet, because I'm trying to give you a fair shake. Work with me here.

So, passing it back. Who, are, you? Because I do want to know that and some other things, and the answers I get are going to influence the next few minutes quite a bit."
    The response was a tad snarky, but reasonable in it's tone over all. And it was hard to deny she had a point.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Swarms, I hate swarms."

Spoiler: Pew Pew
    Show

Full Attack

1.)

To Hit (1d20+21)[39]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[34]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[16]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm (1d20+21)[24]
    To Hurt Critically (4d8+18)[37]

To Hit (1d20+21)[27]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[31]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm (1d20+21)[28]
    To Hurt Critically (4d8+18)[42]

2.)

To Hit (1d20+16)[31]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[30]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm (1d20+16)[31]
    To Hurt Critically (4d8+18)[43]

To Hit (1d20+16)[24]
    To Hurt (4d8+18)[31]
    Trip - Strength Check (1d20+1)[16]
    Crit on 18+
    To Confirm (1d20+16)[29]
    To Hurt Critically (4d8+18)[43]
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-12-28 at 11:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Th swarm has taken around 204 damage (If I didn't lose count, had to recalculate damage with the formula that we said on discord)
    It is now reduced to Large size

The swarm keeps biting away at Gawain and Cultist, homewever you see that the dead ones (that now are way abundant)... rise. Literally raise in the air, before moving past Gawain and Cultist towards Arach and Ruger.

Show
    1st swarm: damage on Gawain (3d6)[8]+(2d6)[3] acid
    Damage on Cultist (3d6)[12]+(2d6)[10] acid
    Again, no miss chance

The second swarm, the flying one, doesn't grant AoOs and moves towards Arach and Ruger, without reaching them (it will next turn if you don't move). It is a Large one too.