New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: On hair (and the cutting thereof): Why am I so gullible?

It's gotten to the point where I refuse to have my hair styled. My mom pesters me for it. My boss keeps badgering me for it because my hair is longer that the damn visor. I told her to get actual full hats. I mean I'm at the point where my hair is too short to tie back.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

This is why my prefered (sp?) haircut is number two razor. All over.

It isn't actually possible to get it wrong, and it looks pretty good (or so I'm told, by non relatives). It also dries easier after a shower

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferreon View Post
    Longhaired scruffy hippy that y'are!

(it's #1 or nothing for me now. Total lack of heuvo hair is ~sooooooo~ manageable)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, I feel your pain, Phoekun. For quite a while I've allowed myself to get duped into getting my hair cut really shrot, and thus it's ended up in many an afro joke.

But no more! I'm rejecting all haircuts until my hair is at least back-length!

My girlfriend likes it short, though. Says it adds to my head's AC.. Plus, she likes bouncing calculators off it, so I'm afraid getting long hair might sadden her.

(Go, Soten Kissun..?)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

It isn't actually possible to get it wrong, and it looks pretty good (or so I'm told, by non relatives). It also dries easier after a shower
    So you would think, but that's what my brother gets, and someone has still managed to mess it up. I have no idea how she did it, but she did.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Ditto. But I only use the razor because my hair started comming out on top. (genes and 14K volts of electricity) I used to have hair down to my knees, as I am 6' 4" tall, that was a LOT of hair. I feel your pain Phoe, I love long hair. Even after my accident I had the long hair (though I had to grow it back) but slowly it got thinner and thinner. Started looking bad long so I cut it business short. Still did not look great and started making me look older so it got brought up in conversation one time about possibly shaving it off. Been using the razor on it the past 3 years and I look much better with it shaved, but I still miss my long hair.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Crispy View Post
    Ditto. But I only use the razor because my hair started comming out on top. (genes and 14K volts of electricity) I used to have hair down to my knees, as I am 6' 4" tall, that was a LOT of hair. I feel your pain Phoe, I love long hair. Even after my accident I had the long hair (though I had to grow it back) but slowly it got thinner and thinner. Started looking bad long so I cut it business short. Still did not look great and started making me look older so it got brought up in conversation one time about possibly shaving it off. Been using the razor on it the past 3 years and I look much better with it shaved, but I still miss my long hair.
    PhoeKun is still at the height of his youth, and as a strapping young man, he has little to worry about his hair getting too thin anytime soon. I shall take these words to heart, however, for when I am old.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall View Post
    PhoeKun is still at the height of his youth, and as a strapping young man, he has little to worry about his hair getting too thin anytime soon. I shall take these words to heart, however, for when I am old.
    Never said I was old. Getting close to middle age (32) but not old. Though it does not matter on age as I knew a guy that was bald at 18 (he looked 40, never got carded for buying alcohol) and a guy that was completly gray at 23.

Just saying I feel for Phoe as I know what it is like to lose the long hair you love. All I can say is, like everyone else said, it will grow back and when it does dont listen to others about how you should have it. Now you know you really hate it short so no more short hair cuts.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say I prefer short hair. Obviously for me, but also in others.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inyssius Tor View Post
    I can feel your situation, sort of. Sorry about your hair...

For a long time, I've wanted long hair. Unfortunately, my hair is obstinately curly, so if I don't cut my hair short I just look like an idiot.
    Don't let that stop you! Mines bloomin' curly and for the first 6 months of me growing it it was an afro . Granted it's a BI*** to comb (you can't brush it, it's impossible, trust me) and when i do tonnes of hair comes out () but it's been growing for two years strong now. I do look like an idiot but i happen to like it* whereas very few people i know do. I do have it in a ponytale alot of the time now so i get less comments but it's still nice to have it down every once in a while.

I cut it for the first time in ages a few weeks back because it was all split-endy and felt like straw, and because of that when i tied it back my fringe wasn't quite long enough so it kept flopping in my face. Annoying but worth it .

My sister is nearly always "but your hair looked so nice short". Naff off love. Keep it long, keep it curly, forever

*My hair is know by people as 'The Hair' like it's an actual entity rather than just hair
    You've Been Sentenced to Death By Sexy...

Here comes the Pope he's been blessing some Apples!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitKat View Post
    Psionics is essentially "Automatic Still+Silent". It's kind of annoying to not know anything is up until the constipated-looking baldie at the other end of the arena blasts your brains out your ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocato View Post
    16. While sad, a bag of puppies works both as a trap springer and bait.
    Psionics. It's balanced, honest.

Avatar totaly not made by Baboon Army, it's all my own