New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Tunnel Spooktober 2017

Alien & Fairy

"A spirit? Well, that's an interesting idea. But I'm a fairy princess, so I think it's my native fairy princess magic playing up." Natalie nods, though she knows exactly how she does it, and it's not really magical. Or so she tells me. I'm not sure, since she performs sleight of hand with nothing up her sleeves, or more often, no sleeves at all. Her real conjuration is literally flashier, but she's prouder of her sleight of hand.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"I've heard they've got a... druid, I think they call it," Iknika says, as the pup is content with being petted. "She can train animals to be much better around people. I've heard that hobgoblins are even better at training wolves than goblins are. And they use much bigger wolves, since they're bigger too. Or boars, or big cats, or lizards."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Kendra raises an eyebrow for a moment, then shakes her head sadly.

"Those guys are generally bad guys. There's a reason we tend to teach kids to stay away from them, and it isn't the resulting sugar high for the kids, you know." Either Fade's trying to make a joke and she somehow missed it, or they really don't have that problem (or apparently, any sort of childhood) wherever Fade's from. She's not sure which thought bothers her more.
    She either got to ask or continue to guess it.^^

"Intressting. So they use their need of sugar." he replies. "What happens if they run out of it?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #214

NinjaGuy

Kendra shrugs after a moment.

"Eh, nothing bad, just that they tend to be grumpier and less willing to behave. It's a fine line, sometimes."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alien & Fairy]

"Ooooh." Rosabel understands perfectly now. It makes a lot of sense. "You're a spirit."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Alien & Fairy

"I'm a fairy. I suppose we might count as a type of spirit, but fairies are totally their own thing, too. Spirits aren't usually so physical." Though Natalie's going by the rationale of her magic system, and that is not the same as the rationale behind other magic systems I run, let alone those provided by other players.

7. - Top - End - #217

Kendra shrugs after a moment.

"Eh, nothing bad, just that they tend to be grumpier and less willing to behave. It's a fine line, sometimes."
    Fade got confused now.
    "So they don't run 100% on that stuff? That is weird. I guess I have more to learn about their kind."
    After a break he asks.
    "May I ask why are you here? Do you accompany one of thos small once?"
    And i migth have missed it, but does she wear a costum?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alien & Fairy]

Rosabel looks very confused. Something's just not lining up. "Can you do more magic?"

9. - Top - End - #219

NinjaGuy

Kendra is indeed wearing a costume, dressed as Tifa from Final Fanasy VII Advent Children. She chuckles again at Fade's question.

"No, I'm here on a mix of business and pleasure. The business is making sure the party isn't crashed by someone nasty I've been hunting. The pleasure is that Electra is one of my old friends, and I wanted to take the opportunity to visit with her for awhile. I didn't realize she was supposed to provide the music."

Speaking of Electra, she's decided to keep the whimsical bit she's got going on going with a silly tune that turns heavy after a moment. It's a relatively short piece, and she follows it with another somewhat whimsical tune that goes on a bit longer. Perhaps she'll get back to the more morose music in a bit, after she's gotten this stuff out of her system, but hey, there are kids present, and not all of them want to be depressed, right?
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #220

"Don't worry about the business part." Fade says in his typical voice. "I and other members are around if any trouble appears."

Sadly the music is wasted on Fade. He lacks the emotions to enjoy the music or understand what kind of feeling they want to create.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"I have some bits and pieces, yes. More of the same, really, nothing too spectacular. Summoning creatures, teleporting objects, creating miniature portals that emit light. Everything so far can be duplicated by stage magicians, ones with no real magic." Because so far, none of it has been real magic. You can tell with Natalie, because she is the only character of mine who still generates an Individual Magical Effect, because that concept really interested me back when I first found Goblins.

12. - Top - End - #222

NinjaGuy

Kendra looks sharply at Fade, an assessing sort of look, and frowns.

"I'd rather you didn't get involved with this enemy, if it's all the same to you. He's not a normal threat."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel's eyebrows furrow again. "What do you mean no magic? I saw you do magic!" She points at Natalie's hand.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"You did see me do magic, yes. But there's some very clever people out there with quick fingers, and they can hide the bead in their sleeves, taking it out when you're distracted, and make it look like magic. But I'm not wearing sleeves, am I? It's real magic what I'm doing." Natalie's not sure if she wants to confess that she's just an apprentice conjurer in a fairy costume or not. She might have to, and explain the differences between her magic and whatever Rosabel's familiar with. Which would be tricky if she doesn't know what Rosabel is familiar with.

15. - Top - End - #225

Kendra looks sharply at Fade, an assessing sort of look, and frowns.

"I'd rather you didn't get involved with this enemy, if it's all the same to you. He's not a normal threat."
    "Be sure I can handle a fight" Fade says. He sure might look like a normal person, but he still carries a stone cffin around like nothing.

16. - Top - End - #226

NinjaGuy

Kendra sighs and shakes her head.

"Well, it's your life, but then again, I'm more here as a precaution than anything else. I don't expect him to show up tonight."

17. - Top - End - #227

Fade looks at her, Someone might say he is annoyed, but he doesn't look different.

"I'm not sure how I shoult take that. You think he is so strong none can take him or do you think I am so weak I can't stand anything?"

18. - Top - End - #228

NinjaGuy

"He's that strong." Kendra returns the annoyed look, but there's sadness and more than a little anger in her eyes, too. "He -eats- things. Nearly anything you can think of, including souls, and, if our intelligence is correct, possibly even deities and entire dimensions, though we're not sure. And when he eats something, it gets converted to energy that he can use to defend and attack with. Even I can't really injure him, not permanently, anyways, but I can at least draw him or drive him away if he shows up. Do you really want to go up against something that terrible, that can snap you up like a dog with a bone without a second thought?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fairy & Alien

"You did see me do magic, yes. But there's some very clever people out there with quick fingers, and they can hide the bead in their sleeves, taking it out when you're distracted, and make it look like magic. But I'm not wearing sleeves, am I? It's real magic what I'm doing." Natalie's not sure if she wants to confess that she's just an apprentice conjurer in a fairy costume or not. She might have to, and explain the differences between her magic and whatever Rosabel's familiar with. Which would be tricky if she doesn't know what Rosabel is familiar with.
    [Fairy & Alien]

"Can you do other magic then?" Rosabel looks at her hand, and then closes it around the bead. "Like take the bead outta my hand?"

20. - Top - End - #230

"He's that strong." Kendra returns the annoyed look, but there's sadness and more than a little anger in her eyes, too. "He -eats- things. Nearly anything you can think of, including souls, and, if our intelligence is correct, possibly even deities and entire dimensions, though we're not sure. And when he eats something, it gets converted to energy that he can use to defend and attack with. Even I can't really injure him, not permanently, anyways, but I can at least draw him or drive him away if he shows up. Do you really want to go up against something that terrible, that can snap you up like a dog with a bone without a second thought?"
    Fade doesn't show any kind of fear or such. Sometimes it's good to have no emotions, but fear is also one.

"I wouldn't seek for a fight, but I have fought worst. I fougth something that can extinguish all living beeings in his sight without exceptions. You may guess I didn't loose, since I am here."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"Ooh, now that's tricky. I can do it, though." Natalie shows her hands, open and empty, before closing her left hand into a fist and blowing on it. Several red symbols appear in the air around her- card suit symbols, clubs, spades, diamonds and hearts- and float around her head as she attempts to teleport the bead using her flashier conjuration magic into her hand, and then opening it, to show the bead- if it's successfully teleported. It should work, but MERC may have blocked some forms of magical transportation for security reasons, or Rosabel could be magically impervious or some other thing could interfere. If it isn't, Natalie's confused.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel looks at the bead, freshly produced, and then opens her hand. She gasps! "You gotta be a spirit!" She insists. That's just how these things work!

23. - Top - End - #233

NinjaGuy

Kendra raises an eyebrow, and shakes her head.

"I can think of a number of ways to attack such a being, starting with sending things that aren't alive in the first place after it. I'm not trying to slight you, I just want you to understand that this is a powerful enemy, and honestly, I'd hate for him to manage to get anyone here."

24. - Top - End - #234

Fade shrugs.

"Where I met this thing, there wasn't anything not alive to throw at it or even hide from it, but I guess your not comfortable with this theme. So let's drop it." Fade says.
    "Up to know I asked you many things. Do you have something to ask me?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"I'm not a spirit. I'm not a fairy either. I'm just dressed like one for the party, like you're dressed as an alien. You aren't really an alien, are you?" Upon giving an answer, either affirming or denying extraterrestriality, Natalie smiles and continues. "I'm a conjurer. A type of wizard whose magic lies in moving things from one place to another. That's where my fairy handmaids come from. They really are spirits, I think. Or possibly reflections of spirits. The theory behind summoning creatures is a little fuzzy. I draw my magic from leylines, but I guess somebody you know uses spirits to power their spells. I wouldn't know how that works." Magic on Natalie's homeworld is confusing, and whilst it's studied as much as science is in ours, it makes less sense due to the different types of magic outright contradicting each other.

26. - Top - End - #236

NinjaGuy

Kendra shrugs, eyeing Fade once more.

"Were you born here in the Nexus, or did you come from elsewhere?"

27. - Top - End - #237

"I lived my live mostly in another world. One without light." he says.
    "I can't tell you where I was 'born'. My first memory was walking into the shadow world.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I just spoke to a half-goddess who offered to help me train, so that's a week's worth of weird and cool stuff," Iknika says. "A movie sounds great. And can you guess what I'm going as?" she asks, raising her "armour"-clad arms.

Fayyaad is perplexed. He assumed Cassandra wouldn't know how to dance at all. She really doesn't seem the type. Maybe she's learned for whatever mission she's going on that also requires her hair to be white? He decides that the least awkward way out for now is to let her lead.
    Cassandra fails to notice any form of puzzlement. She's lost in the dancing for the moment, a somewhat vague expression on her face, as if she's trying to remember some kind of dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"You dance very well, lady Cassandra," Fayyaad says, adopting a tongue-in-cheek formal manner. "Where did you learn to do it?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fairy & Alien

"I'm not a spirit. I'm not a fairy either. I'm just dressed like one for the party, like you're dressed as an alien. You aren't really an alien, are you?" Upon giving an answer, either affirming or denying extraterrestriality, Natalie smiles and continues. "I'm a conjurer. A type of wizard whose magic lies in moving things from one place to another. That's where my fairy handmaids come from. They really are spirits, I think. Or possibly reflections of spirits. The theory behind summoning creatures is a little fuzzy. I draw my magic from leylines, but I guess somebody you know uses spirits to power their spells. I wouldn't know how that works." Magic on Natalie's homeworld is confusing, and whilst it's studied as much as science is in ours, it makes less sense due to the different types of magic outright contradicting each other.
    [Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel frowns as she parses through that info. "Do you do rituals? Like with circles and dancing?" She's still trying to fit this all within her worldview.