New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Halloween homebrew assistance

I am trying to find characters to play for this halloween one shot im going to run. Im using characters that are "famous" monsters from halloween but am also using just scary monsters in general. I already have a (modified) scarecrow, werewolf lord, mummy lord, vampire, and an oni (modified). I need to find one more monster thatd be around their cr and thatd be cool to play.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Halloween homebrew assistance

A ghost, maybe?
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I have a few ideas on what you could do. Now I'm assuming the CR is 10 because that's what most of those creatures happen to be. Firstly I'd suggest this homebrew Xenomorph with three levels of rogue.
    http://www.encountertable.com/2014/0...morph.html?m=1

Secondly If you want something with a slightly goofier bent I'd suggest Krampus by that boomerkid
    https://www.google.com/amp/thatboome...le-krampus/amp

Thirdly if you just want a good old fashioned slasher ala Jason or Micheal Meyers I'd suggest taking a human and givin them about 10 levels in the Vigilante class with the serial killer archetype

Fourthly if you want a zombie like monster I'd suggest a small horde of plague zombies if you want to mirror more modern zombies. If you prefer the older more Frankenstein style I'd suggest making a flesh golem with two levels in barbarian

Finally if you want a more scifi body snatchers type enemy I'd suggest either the russet mold, a yellow musk creeper with a small group of its zombies following it, or a colony of incutilis.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Frankenstein love? Flesh golem with a couple barbarian levels would be like the classic movie version. If doing PF, alchemists could be interesting as well.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

You could always make the Great Pumpkin, i used a Giant Squid that i turned into a Plant, otherwise it was largely unchanged except for having a land speed.

Also heres the thread for that quest if you wanna filch ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Can't believe I forgot to suggest this lol. If you've watched any of the Hellraiser movies you'd certainly enjoy using a Kyton in your game.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...ton-sacristan/

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hmm, you could throw in a Baba Yaga

If you are going for a real slasher flick style that is... maybe make it some sort of swordsage variant with a houserule that makes it utilize cha instead of wis.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Following along the Universal Monsters theme, either a Creature from the Black Lagoon (skum), a Blob (ooze), or some sort of alien (doppleganger, outsider, etc)?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

You might have to stat it out (or one might be out there) but how about the bogeyman/monster-under-the-bed. Give it hideous physical appearance, a fear attack, some slasher qualities, and a little magic (focused mainly on more fear effects: a fear-based Hold Person, Phantasmal Killer, etc.)
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson
    And shared laughter is magical

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.