New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: King Maker Solo

1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: King Maker Solo

Your arrow goes high, your aim knocked off as you try to acclimate yourself to fighting in mid air. The dragons again dodge deftly through the area of your spell, continuing south.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yes, I know. The grid is 10x10 instead of 5x5, and the wyrms ignore the first 5 feet of difficult terrain.

Reflex Saves-
    1: (1d20+7)[24]
    2: (1d20+7)[26]

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Eonn; 2017-11-16 at 04:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

"Then I'll have to use overwhelming force."
    Vindariel moved forward toward the two creatures and concentrated on his body, willing it to change as well, growing into the form of a giant.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending 5 Psi Points for Metamorphosis to become Huge and thanks to my new feat gain another benefit: +3 Natural armor to compensate for the -4 to armor

Psi Reserves 30/42
    Size Huge: AC: 10+7Armor+1Dex-2Size+4Dodge(Stance)+4Shield+3Natural=27
    Str: 22 Dex 12
    Reach: 15 ft.

Damage dice: 4d6 size +2d6 Stance (Electricity) + 9 Str (two handed) +3 Armor mod +1 Magic

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Where are you moving to, just so I know where you are on the map?

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm moving east 30ft above the ground with 20ft. per round (this and last round, so a total of 4 squares)

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Reflex for the one still in the AoE
    (1d20+7)[11]

The grasping debris finally snare one of the dragons, pinning it down while the other makes it to a large tree on shore and begins scaling it.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Eonn; 2017-11-16 at 05:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Once I am in reach of a charge attack, I'll make an aerial charge, connecting with my weapon at the 15ft. range. (I'll probably have to descend to 25ft. to reach the large creature) I'll add power attack (-2 to hit +6 damage)

(1d20)[18]+10 (If crit: (1d20)[13]+10)

damage: (6d6)[17]+19 (if crit: (6d6)[27]+19)

The captured creature is the ideal target. It can't move out of the way and is hampered from dodging his attack. With as much force as he can manage, Vindariel moves through the air with his lightning infused body and weapon.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2017-11-16 at 05:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

With a crack of thunder, you cut down your foe. The other wyrm turns around from the tree and charges at you, teeth bared.

Show
    Bite: (1d20+7)[24] (1d8+5)[9] +grab (1d20+11)[24]
    claw (1d20+7)[8] (1d4+4)[7]
    claw (1d20+7)[17] (1d4+4)[6]

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

The bite scratches across the armor's exterior, but doesn't manage to penetrate. The flailing claws he is able to simply dodge and Vindariel turns around for another hurricane of steel - this time without the power of his momentum, but still strong enough to shatter hide and bone.

Spoiler
    Show

Activating Time Skitter as a swift action (Equivalent to a haste spell with duration 4 rounds)
    Followed by Rapid Strike (Two Attack Actions)
    (1d20)[20]+11 damage (6d6)[26]+11 damage (if crit: (1d20)[16]+11 damage (6d6)[26]+11 damage)
    (1d20)[7]+11 damage (6d6)[24]+11 damage (if crit: (1d20)[10]+11 damage (6d6)[25]+11 damage)
    (1d20)[16]+11 damage (6d6)[20]+11 damage (if crit: (1d20)[14]+11 damage (6d6)[18]+11 damage)

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

You cut deep into the Wyrm's flesh, slaying it. You are victorious.

Show
    +1,600xp

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Carefully, Vindariel removes the head of one of those creatures. That done he takes a look at the "nest". Maybe those wanna-be dragons have a hoard...

Spoiler
    Show

Vindariel (1d20)[7]+7
    Psi Crystal (1d20)[10]+7

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not a hoard, but you do find something of value. Wedged in the debris is a skeleton of some long dead explorer. He wears a suit of scale mail that does not bear a speck of rust, despite how long it's been half submerged in the river. In addition, still clenched in the skeleton's hand is a longsword, expertly crafted out of cold iron.

Show
    You find a magic suit of scale mail (Spellcraft DC 18 to identify) and a masterwork cold iron longsword.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

With the help of his personality fragment inside the psi crystal, Vindariel takes a closer look at the suit of armor

Spoiler
    Show

Aid another by Psi Crystal - auto succeed

Spell craft: (1d20)[4]+14

Afterwards, he once again travels straight on back to Oleg, so that the trophes don't spoil.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

"Back again!" Oleg greets as you land in the courtyard. "And with another head for me, too. Once I get this stuffed and hung up, everyone who passes through will have something to talk about. Let me go fetch your pay."

Show
    The armor is +1 scale mail, and you get 600gp for the head.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks, yes. It was a nesting pair, but I dealt with them. I've also this sword and this suit of armor to sell. I'm sure you can find a buyer."

After that, Vindariel takes a look at the notice board. With some satisfaction he notes, that he has dealt with all, but Falgrim Sneeg.
    It seems about time to take on the bandits' stronghold.
    After spending another night at Oleg's, updating the second copy of his journal, he realizes that he never went back to the boggard.

From the interrogation, he knows the approximate location of the Stag Lord's place. But Vindariel takes a deliberate detour to seek out the Boggard first and talk to him, using the telepathy ability of his psi crystal.

Very carefully, he explains to the Boggard that he does not want to hurt him and his companion and that he is interested in trade and making friends. He also asks if the Boggard needs something.

Spoiler
    Show

By the way: Did I get any XP for the animal I freed from the pit trap?

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that you are unrestrained by language, you are actually able to get more than a few words out of the frog person.

*This is my kingdom* He replies telepathically, gesturing proudly to the ruins around him. *I claimed this place after I had to leave my old home. I don't want much from you, just to be left to tend to my people. Now, what you have to trade?*

Show
    I suppose you do get xp from that, since you did deal with the encounter. +600xp

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

*That's no problem. You seem to be alright and it's not like anyone else is interested in this particular place.
    As for trade: I can bring you nearly anything from the trading post you need. Good food, steel tools and weapons, that kind of thing.

I am mainly interested in information: I am out here to find and kill the Stag Lord and his bandits. You wouldn't happen to know more about him and where they live?*

Vindariel replied.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome.
    Also: Diplomacy check: (1d20)[14]

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

*I suppose we could use a few things around here. Would you be able to bring me a crossbow with some ammo? As for this bandit lord, I do not know where he has made his kingdom, only that is is not around here. I would have to believe it's to the west, however. That's where his people come from most of the time.*

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

*Thanks. When I'm done with the bandits, I'm sure I can find you a nice crossbow. Until then, goodbye.*

Vindariel leaves head straight for the area where he suspects the bandit camp to be, somewhere along the river.

As soon as he spots the place, he changes into astral skin and activates his camouflage ability to not be spotted, so he can get a feeling for the place

Spoiler
    Show

3 Psi Points for Camouflage
    Stealth: (1d20)[6]+14

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

You find the fort where the Skrike River flows into a large lake, and a fort it is indeed. The walls and towers of the structure dwarf the trading post, and that was built in the husk of an actual fortress. There is a single fortified gate in the northern wall with no obvious entrance besides it. From your position looking on from the distance, you can also spot a multitude of towers- four, at least- each likely guarded at all times. Getting in is going to be no small feat.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Last edited by Eonn; 2017-11-17 at 07:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Waiting for night fall, Vindariel gets ready to move into the fort. He hopes for a star less night where his superior vision allows him to move undetected. To this purpose he moves close to the ground around the fort to come at it from the lake side, where it's less likely to be well guarded.

Spoiler
    Show

Vindariel waits for night fall, meditating in the meantime to fill up his psionic energy.
    He starts in psionic skin form and with Camouflage up (3 Psi points) for a total of
    [roll]1d20[/roll]+14 to stealth.

From the lake visible guards he'll try to knock out from 400+ ft away with slumber (Will DC 15 with up to 4 more psi points to target a total of 8 HD worth of bandits).

Once he is close, he'll fly up to the tower to hopefully coup de grace the guard(s)

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2017-11-18 at 03:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[4]+14 to stealth

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Before you can fully move around to the southern portion of the keep, something on the ground snags you ankle. Maybe you think its branch, or one of the thorny bushes which are so speckly the area, but as you stop to free yourself, you find an arm reaching from the earth. The smell of death soon hits your nose as a zombie claws its way up from the earth. With a rumble, three more emerge around you. You are able to pull free but the undead are anything but silent. Their groaning is soon to draw the attention of the guards, though you now know why they were more intent on watching the front of the keep.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

"Great. Zombies. So much for stealth." Vindariel finds himself surrounded and isn't happy about it.
    Still, he is a master of speed and movement and shows those undead how fast he can be

Spoiler
    Show

Ini: (1d20)[13]+7
    Movement Action: Employ Astral Suit
    Standard action: Rapid Strike (two actions as standard action)
    (1d20)[4]+10 (4d6)[13]+10
    (1d20)[11]+10 (4d6)[15]+10

Swift action: Energy Spark
    (1d20)[7]+8 (touch attack) (5d6)[12] Electricity

I'm targeting three different targets, trying to take out as many as I can in one round

Slashing left than right, Vindariel creates a charge in the air. As flashes of lightning dance across his blade, he unleashes the pent up energy as a lance of thundering energy at his third assailant.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2017-11-18 at 05:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

You drop three of the undead as soon as they drag themselves out of the ground, but new zombies emerge quicker than the first fall.

Show
    Oops, forgot to post last night before I went to sleep.

1 zombie attacks you, but he only his on a nat 20 (1d20)[1] (1d6+4)[5]

4 more claw their way out of the soil.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

"How many of those are there?"
    Impatiently, Vindariel takes a step back so that he has these new enemies in front of him and conjures up a cloud of razor sharp crystal, shredding the undead.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to get them all into a 15ft cone (Taking the AOO): Swarm of Crystals augmented to 5 points
    Damage
    (5d4)[14]

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

The zombies drop to the ground, torn to shreds from the hailstorm of crystals. You hear a now familiar rumbling as more of the undead rise to replace their fallen comrades, though now only two new corpse creatures emerge. At the same time, you notice some shouting on the nearest tower. You can see a few of the guards gathering, pointing and laughing at you. One of the men fires and arrow high into the air, trying to hit you at extreme range.

Show
    AoO: (1d20)[13] (1d6+4)[9]

2 new zombies emerge, 1 arrow incoming. One a 20 it hits you, on an 18 or 19 it hits and kills one of the zombies. Else, it misses completely. (1d20)[18]

The men burst into cheers as the rogue arrow takes out a zombie, before frantically hushing each other.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2017-11-19 at 04:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking the Zombie
    (1d20)[4]+10 damage (4d6)[13]+10

Vindariel ignored the bandits for the moment. With the tide of zombies somewhat diminished - thanks to the errant arrow - he takes a second to dispatch the remaining one. While he does that, he calls out to the bandits:
    "Are you not entertained?"

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

The bandits throw up profane hand gestures from the tower, but don't call out in response. You notice the ground shift again as a single straggler zombie makes it's way out of the earth.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh come on, how many of you are down there?"
    Vindariel strikes the new zombie, taking care to make it look as if he is exhausted, hoping to attract more of the bandits to the palisades.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[13]+10 (4d6)[16]+10

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

The last zombie dies (again) before it can even fully pull itself out of the ground. It seems to have been the last of them, so you can be thankful for one thing. The bandits on the tower keep watching you, but no new ones come.