New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1377

Thread: King Maker Solo

1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: King Maker Solo

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I'm really happy to have this reliable game :)

Also, seems like I actually got a crit there

Not even a slip of paper would have fitted between Vindariel and the beast as it thundered past. But for it's troubles, it received a hefty blow to its side, cutting deep into the armored hide.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

You leave quite the bloody wound behind. With a pained roar, the creature flails madly in an attempt to shatter your body before it can be injured again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bite (1d20+20)[35] Damage: (1d12+8)[9]
    Claw (1d20+20)[36] Damage: (1d8+8)[11]
    Claw (1d20+20)[24] Damage: (1d8+8)[11]
    Gore (1d20+20)[32] Damage: (1d10+8)[12]
    Tail (1d20+15)[31] Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bite and claw hit for a total of 20 damage, reduced by DR to 12
    Current HP at 73/85

Full Attack (Power Attack)
    Swift action: Minute Hand

(1d20)[17]+16, damage: (5d6)[15]+24; if crit: (1d20)[3]+16, damage: (5d6)[22]+24;
    Iterative: (1d20)[14]+11, damage: (5d6)[16]+24; if crit: (1d20)[10]+11, damage: (5d6)[20]+24;
    Haste: (1d20)[16]+16, damage: (5d6)[14]+24; if crit: (1d20)[4]+16, damage: (5d6)[20]+24;
    Minute Hand: (1d20)[13]+14, damage: (5d6)[15]+24; if crit: (1d20)[9]+14, damage: (5d6)[24]+24;

The rampaging beast managed to land two solid hits, breaching his armor and cutting his flesh, but Vindariel did nothing to prevent the damage. The flesh would heal quickly enough. More important was the fact that now the beast was close enough to get hit by his sword in a veritable storm of strikes and static electricity.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2018-06-20 at 04:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Blow after blow connects with the creature. It is long dead by the time you are done swinging. As you catch your breath you are able to get a better look around the cavern. In addition to the bones and half eaten corpses, there are a few noteworthy items. None catch your eye like on thing in particular, however. A spear, lodged deeply into the back of the beast that appeared at first glance to be but another spike or horn.

Spoiler
    Show
    +1,600xp for killing the baby hodag
    Just kidding, it's not a baby. That would be horrifying it it was, though. Even baby dragons aren't that tough, and the game is named after them.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-06-21 at 12:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Changing my active Element to fire to activate fast healing from my stance

Roll Appraise
    (1d20)[5]+6
    Roll Perception
    (1d20)[16]+14
    Roll Spellcraft
    (1d20)[20]+14

Vindariel took a deep breath before realigning the power flowing through his body. healing warmth spread through him and made him glow like a torch in the dark. Once he felt his health restored, he let the forces of air and electricity flow through himself again.

Moving carefully through the debris he took a closer look at the spear, making sure it wasn't trapped or cursed or some such.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

You decided the spear- while magical- is neither trapped nor cursed.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a +1 Keen spear. The other items in the lair are as follows:
    3 masterwork handaxes
    a masterwork greataxe
    and a suit of +1 studded leather armor

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel picks up the gear, folds the armor around the weapons and stashes it in his nearly empty backpack. That done, he removes the head of the beast - just in case - and moves outside to continue the exploration of this quadrant, before moving on towards the east.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

You comb through the area, adding to your map as you go. You find nothing out of the ordinary, however.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Satisfied with the result, Vindariel moves on to the next quadrant, realizing that he soon will find the village of the lizard people again. This time he is prepared to lay down the law about what happens if they torture people...

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

The lizardfolk village comes into view as you move down the river. Physically it's much the same as when you saw it last, nestled on the muddy island in the center of the stream. As you draw nearer, however, you begin noticing a few peculiarities. While the gate was guarded before, warriors adorned in war paint and ceremonial armor patrol not only the entrance, but the paths of the town as well. Despite the heavy martial presence, no non-combatants can be seen. Most disturbingly, however, are the large stakes which rise up from around what you remember to be the chieftain's hut. Impaled on the wooden shafts are several of their own.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel ponders to turn himself into one of them, but immediately discards this plan: Too slim is the chance to pass for a lizard man without speaking the language. So instead, he goes for the obvious approach: Turning himself huge, with a rocky hide and a force field around him, he closes in on the village, expecting to see the guards he bribed on the poles.

Spoiler
    Show

Metamorphosis: Augmented to 9 for additional Enhancement and Ability options , expend Psionic Focus for 1.5 effect
    Grow to Huge (+6 STR size, -6 DEX, -2 Armor)
    Enhance DEX (+6)

Natural Armor Increase (+4 AC)
    Damage Reduction 7/Magic

Force Screen +4 AC

Getting closer as a flying giant, vindariel uses the telepathic ability of his crystal to address the lizardfolk: "What is going on here?"

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

If they hadn't seen you before, they certainly have now. The braves from across the village take up defensive positions, while the bear pelt which makes up the door of the chief's hut is flung open. From it steps their leader, flanked with lizardfolk clad in armor even more lavishly adorned than their peers. Only their great leader's garb is fancier. The Lizard King recognizes you instantly and roars a challenge. The braves around the village ready javelins, while his guard prepare themselves to call upon magics.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative!
    (1d20+4)[12]

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ini
    (1d20)[11]+7

Vindariel sighed: "So you want to go extinct - well, I'll certainly indulge you."
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2018-06-25 at 02:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Getting in range above the leader and unleashing a fully augmented Lightning Burst
    Swift action to activate Time Skitter

(9d6)[29] Electricity Damage
    DC 22 Reflex save for half damage

AC: 10+2Dex + 10Armor +4Shield + 5Dodge +5Natural Armor -2 Size =34

And with that, Vindariel unleashed another lightning storm above the lizzard leader...

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+9)[23]

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

The chief is able to shrug off the worst of effects while his entourage shudders as the energy arcs through their flesh. You have little time to celebrate your victory, however, as spears and spells alike are flung towards you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chief (-15HP): Throws a tomahawk (1d20+19)[20] Damage: (1d6+5)[8]
    Chief's Guard (-29HP): Sprays acid towards you. Damage: (6d6)[25] Reflex DC 17 for half
    Chief's Guard (-29HP): Shoots fire at you. Damage: (6d6)[24] Reflex DC 17 for half
    Chief's Guard (-29HP): Uses a wand to cast a cure spell on the chief: (3d8+3)[21]
    Chief's Guard (-29HP): Uses a wand to cast a cure spell on a fellow guard: (3d8+3)[21]
    Brave: Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[25] Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[21] Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[27] Damage: (1d8+2)[3]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[26] Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[19] Damage: (1d8+2)[4]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[16] Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[22] Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[24] Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[17] Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    Brave:Throws javelin. (1d20+9)[10] Damage: (1d8+2)[7]

The guards also spread out to avoid being all caught in a burst again.
    Combat is a lot easier when your just fighting one big guy.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-06-26 at 12:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spending 1PP for immediate action for +4 to Saves
    (Evasion)
    (1d20)[18]+12
    (1d20)[10]+12

The elemental attacks spray against Vindariel but are deflected without doing damage from his form.
    "Time to take of the snake's head."
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2018-06-26 at 02:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, no damage.
    Time to hit the chief where it hurts:

Move above him 15ft reach.
    Power attack:
    (1d20)[7]+17, damage: (6d6)[20]+26; if crit: (1d20)[7]+17, damage: (6d6)[14]+26
    Swift Action: Minute Hand
    (1d20)[9]+15, damage: (6d6)[23]+26; if crit: (1d20)[6]+15, damage: (6d6)[25]+26

Vindariel flies towards the chief and uses his superior reach to attack the lizzard king from above, hoping to knock him out fast and breaking teh fighting spirit of his retinue
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2018-06-26 at 02:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

The chief bats away your blows without a second thought. Still, being unable to strike you in return seems only to enrage him. The range quickly fades, however, and is replaced with a cruel grin as you are attacked. This time, the blow comes from above. A cold shock tears down your back as some kind of magic strikes you. Down below, the chief's guard continue casting while the rest draw near, hoping to strike at you once you are forced to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    The attack from above is a touch attack you are flat footed for: (1d20+16)[31] Damage: (2d8)[9]

The same two guard heal while the other two cast elemental magic
    Healing: (3d8+3)[20](3d8+3)[9]
    Attacks: Fire: (6d6)[16] Electricity: (6d6)[20] DC 17 reflex

The rest hold action

Only the guards are damaged, having taken 29, 20, 8 & 9 damage.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-06-26 at 11:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm getting a bit annoyed by your antics." Vindariel says to himself.
    "Time for some time wasting..."
    With a mental effort he gains some clarity and sinks down into reach of the King and as many of his defenders as he can...

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex Saves: (Spending another PP for +4 to saves)
    (1d20)[14]+12 Fire
    (1d20)[1]+12 Electricity (I have 15 Elemental resistance, so there won't be much damage from that anyway)
    If successful: Evasion
    No save vs. the cold damage (Can I identify the spell? (1d20)[20]+14 Spellcraft)
    Edit: I take 9 cold damage and 5 Electricity

Current HP 73/85

My actions:
    Swift actions: Inevitable Strike, augmented to 9 for a total of +21 to hit from insight
    Move: Get adjacent to as many enemies as possible (flying as a huge creature with a base of 9 squares, I have a total of 25 squares threatened
    Standard Action: Activate Sands of Time Tornado

Spoiler: Sands of Time Tornado
    Show

Sands of Time Tornado
    Discipline: Riven Hourglass (Strike); Level: 5
    Prerequisites: Two Riven Hourglass maneuvers
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action
    Range: Melee attack
    Target: Adjacent Opponents
    Duration: Instant

DESCRIPTION
    You accelerate your personal Hourglass, speeding up your mind and body to the point that you seem to be a blur, surrounded by a phantom aura of glittering smoke. Make a melee attack roll and compare it to the AC of each adjacent opponent. If the attack roll hits a target, it deals weapon damage as normal plus additional points of damage equal to twice your initiation modifier, and the target must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 15 + your initiation modifier) or become sickened for 1d4 rounds. Use the same damage roll for each target.

Power Attack
    (1d20)[19]+38, damage (6d6)[14]+36; if crit: (1d20)[15]+38, damage (6d6)[28]+36

Save DC vs. sickened is 20
    Edit: Looks like 114 damage for each of those guys within my reach, including the chief

... and unleashes for a moment the full power of his time mastery upon the ugly lizard and his supporters.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2018-06-27 at 04:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Today marks a new level of killing power for you. a spinning vortex of sand an barely perceivable blade strikes ravages the town. As the dull roar of the wind fades, you pause to bear witness to the devastation. The town of the lizardfolk is now littered with the bodies of the fallen defenders, most in several pieces. The chief stands alone, fighting to staunch the bleeding of his own wounds. His eyes dart around the battlefield. He no longer looks so confidant. In fact, the fear in his face is palpable.

Delicious delicious delicious.

His eyes dart to one of the fallen guards, searching, likely looking for one of the wands they clutched a moment before. The magical trinket seems to be lost in a sea of gore.

Feed feed feed!

His body stiffens, and collapses into the blood of half his tribe. Laughter fills the air. Pure and wholesome like that of a child.

I don't think I've ever ate so well before. Comes the child's voice again. You realize it is not spoken, rather, it is injected into your mind. Above the fallen chief, an orb appears. It glows bright and swells, a will-o'-wisp gouging itself on the combined fear and hopelessness the chief felt in his final moments. I know it'll be hard for you to top that, but please... scream for me.

The orb surges towards, and you become keenly aware of what struck you before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack: (1d20+22)[38] Damage (3d8)[9]

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Check to learn about Will-o'-whisps
    (1d20)[5]+9

Standard action to change my active element to water so I gain Cold Resistance 15 against it's attacks
    Swift action: Use Rapid Augmentation to gain an additional Customization Point: Retaliate

Spoiler: Retaliate
    Show

The aegis gains the ability as an immediate action and by expending psionic focus to make a melee attack against an enemy that has successfully hit him with a melee attack. This counts as an attack of opportunity and the aegis must be able to reach the enemy. An aegis must be at least 8th level before selecting this customization.

Diplomacy check
    (1d20)[4]+11

Vindariel concentrated and harmonized his energies with that of the creature, while also sharpening his reactions:
    "You are an aberation - just like me. And it seems you are feeding on pain and fear. On that I'll disapoint you: I don't frighten easily and neither am I killed easily. But I warn you: Attack me again and I'll end you. Now: Are you the reason this village just decided to attack me flat out?"

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

With that low roll, I'll expect it to hit me again: Spending Psionic Focus and rolling a Retaliation Attack:
    Power Attack:

(1d20)[17]+17, damage: (6d6)[18]+23; if crit: (1d20)[3]+17, damage: (6d6)[13]+23

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

feed feed feed feed It chants as it darts towards you. A well timed swing of your blade bisects it, and the will o' wisp fades from sight. No further attacks come.

Spoiler
    Show
    You know that will o' wisps, though often mistaken for lost souls, are actually elemental aberrations while feed on fear. Though generally weak, their ability to turn invisible makes them dangerous. Finally, though they may seem to be incorporeal, they are immune to magic while being normally affected by physical attacks which is almost the opposite of most incorporeal beings.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

Just to make sure the creatures is truly vanquished, Vindariel opens his third eye to look upon all things as they really are.
    Once he is satisfied that the creature is destroyed, he takes a closer look at the fallen warriors and especially at the ones carrying magic items. Once again he realigns the elemental forces within him and begins to glow like a torch while elemental fire burns through him, removing impurities and reshaping his protean body back into its correct form.

Spoiler
    Show

Changing Elemtal Flux Stance back to fire to gain Fast Healing 1 and manifesting Pierce the Veils for a true seeing effect.

Then it's on to collect the loot: I'll use detect magic to get all the juicy magic stuff and sort it out later.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

The will o' wisp is no more. Gathering the magical items from the fallen lizardfolk, you soon have a small pile laying before you.

Spoiler
    Show
    +7,600xp
    potion of cure serious wounds
    +1 leather armor
    +1 keen trident
    2 gold armbands (not magical, but valuable nonetheless)
    2 wands of cure serious wounds (7 and 5 charges, respectively)

There is a bunch of masterwork weapons and armor as well. Want that tallied up too?

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel stashes the unwieldy mundane armors and weapons ouside the village and only retains the more valuable gear on his person. Shrinking down to his normal size he also takes a look into the chief's hut, looking if there are any other treasures - or at least the 100gp he had paid the two unlucky village guards.

Once this is done, he returns to mapping the quadrant, taking on the more fluid elemental stance of air once he is healed.
    Remembering the words of the old witch, he takes a break before heading to the island where the will-o-whisps roam. To this end he reforms his armor, reducing his nimbleness somewhat but gaining elemental protection against cold, so he doesn't have to switch his stance.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[8]+14 Perception

Reconfiguring my armor, taking Energy Resistance 2x and Improved Energy Resistance for a total of 20 Cold Resistance

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

There are a few noteworthy items in the chief's hut, including a coral crown set with lapis lazuli, a malachite statuette of a serpentine dragon, and a pile of various fur which the chief likely used as a bed. Despite being good finds, you'd expect a leader of such a sizable village to have more wealth. Though maybe the lizardfolk just don't value the same things as you do.

Spoiler
    Show
    So what are you going to get up to next?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel collects the treasures, thinking about searching the rest of the village. But he decides against it. It's one thing to take the gear of a vanquished foe, but another plundering people who didn't attack you.

So he leaves it at that to continue to map the rest of the quadrant. Once that is done, he takes a rest, to refill his psionic energies.
    The next day he continues on East.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

As you rest for the night near the shore of lake Candlemere, you catch sight of lights on the horizon. Glowing orbs flicker and dance along the shore of the island some miles in the distance.

Setting out in the morning, you travel to the only point of interest in many miles: the Candlemere Island. The terrain in thick with brambles and other growths, but from the air you can make out the remains of a partially collapsed tower on the low summit of the land form.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-07-01 at 11:18 PM.