New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: 4th edition!

1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 4th edition!

Interestingly, it was recently reported that the current President of Wizards of the Coast, Loren Greenwood, is stepping down on March 21st. The new President will be Greg Leeds, a Hasbro man through and through. Or so I hear: New President of Wizards of the Coast Announced.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

2. - Top - End - #842
    Banned

AssassinGuy

Default Re: 4th edition!

Quote Originally Posted by akumadaimyo View Post
    Why does everyone blame WotC? Isnt Hasbro the one's holding the reins of power to WotC? They do own them after all. I suspect it's Hasbro behind the quick release of 4th ed. They probably have no idea at all how most gamers react to new editions all the time. They probably just see D&D as another toy. *rollseyes*
    No, it's WotC behind 4E. It's also not a "quick release".

Do you know how most gamers react to new editions? JUST FINE. Do you know how many editions other big games have gone through? More than D&D, that's for sure, and faster.

I'm mostly interested in 4th ed but some stuff about it I don't like at all. No alingment restrictions? Not just for Pallies btw! No stat penalties? So a halfling is now as strong as a human? Yeah right. I like the Saga Edition feel with the rules but I heard something about using cards? I hope not. I like my dice damnit. :-p
    Alignment restrictions are stupid. A halfling isn't as strong as a human unless they have the same Strength score--but seriously, if an Elf is as strong as a Dwarf, why wouldn't a Halfling be about as strong as a human?

Cards would be used to keep track of powers (i.e. you can have a card with each of your powers on it, so it's easy to look them up), not instead of dice.