New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: JDNP King Maker

1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default John jacob jingle heimer schmitt

"So, what are you here for? You the guys posting up those bounties back on the board?"
    Scarlett walks over to the board and takes a look at what's posted.

2. - Top - End - #272

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: JDNP King Maker

There is a bounty for reducing the bandit activity in the area for 400gp
    One to remove the kobold threat for 800gp
    Oleg has a bounty for a tatzlwyrm head that is undamaged of 600gp
    A reward of a masterwork longbow and 6 +1 animal bane arrows for the head of the boar known as tuskgutter
    A reward for the stag lords death with a reward of 5000gp and a charter to settle the land as well as some materials to get started
    And lastly there is a task from Svetlana to collect moon radishes with a reward of 250gp

Lastly Oleg comes back and says that you and your group has 1000gp in credit at his shop.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-24 at 09:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

Default Oh well this is easy!

Scarlett pulls off the ones for reducing banditry and kobold threats, and for the death of the Stag Lord.
    "Well, these are done. The bandits have joined my ranks and work labor for me in exchange for their lives, the Stag Lord's head is at the keep if you want to come with I'll fetch it, and I eradicated the mites in the old tree a few miles south west, which in turn earned me the favor of the Kobold Chieftain, in exchange for killing the Shaman that held a curse over their clan. They're now loyal to me and my friends."

4. - Top - End - #274

WolfInSheepsClothing

The guards looks at each other and the one that spoke earlier says “Well if that’s true then **** you have been busy. We will send a messenger back and get a representative out here to verify and give you your payment. Shouldn’t take more then a week at most for them to get here.”

5. - Top - End - #275

Default A week? Yeesh

"Well, if it takes that long I'll have finished the board so be sure to bring some new tasks."
    Scarlett waves and goes into the trading shop. "I'll take that room to sleep, I know it's only noon but we've been riding all night."

6. - Top - End - #276

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oleg shows you and the rest up to their rooms.

(Your choice for what to do now remember that you need to explore some. Also read the kingdom building rules so you can figure out what your going to start building)

7. - Top - End - #277

Default First *** first serve

(Castle, capital city, brothel)
    Scarlett will rest for a few hours, then head out to the first unexplored hex on the map. "Ordis follow at a distance, and Milah let the rest of the bandits and our party know I'm exploring, and to keep the people calm and working. Also technically we don't own it, yet, but the silver vein needs to have a mine built immediately so we can start producing silver and silver weapons."
    Spoiler: Map Exploration (as far as I know)
    Show
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2017-11-25 at 05:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278

WolfInSheepsClothing

It takes you several hours to get there but you get there with little effort.

It’s goig to take 1 full day of exploration to scout out everything. Roll perception

(The hex below and to the right of the arrow and this hex next is not scouted.
    The hex below and to the left of the largest star is the stag lord keep hex and is explored.
    The hex that has thorn river printed in it that also has a star is still unexplored but it does have a known location that you learned from a map in it.

If you are marking the known locations that are not explored tomorrow I’ll edit a map and post it so we can have a new starting point)
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-25 at 06:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Default Yes please make a map :I

Spoiler: (Here's a blank map from the map portfolio for you in jpg form)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default map o my map

Spoiler: map
    Show
    The gold stars are the locations that you have explored all other locations are ones that you know of but haven't explored yet. Not sure on what symbol I'm going to use to denote hexs that are part of your kingdom yet if you have an idea I'm open to suggestions.

11. - Top - End - #281

Default Exploring

Spoiler: Hex I am exploring
    Show

(1d20+12)[15] : Perception to explore marked hex

12. - Top - End - #282

WolfInSheepsClothing

You come across a large patch of radishes with 4 kobolds groaning in the middle of the patch with very large bellies with several large baskets of radishes next to them.

When they spot you they jump to their feet. They then see who you are and bow. then set back down.
    Spoiler: map
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

"Hey, are those the Moonradishes that Svetlana wanted for some reason?"
    Scarlett approaches the kobolds and the patch.

14. - Top - End - #284

WolfInSheepsClothing

In draconic one of the kobolds says “Hi want some radishes?”

15. - Top - End - #285

"Actually, harvest as much as you can, for every three baskets you get me I'll grant you a favor." Scarlett stares at them impatiently.
    (1d20+37)[40] diplomacy

16. - Top - End - #286

WolfInSheepsClothing

They look at each other the give you three of their 4 baskets of radishes. “We have to bring some back to the rest of the clan. Since that’s what we where to do.”

17. - Top - End - #287

Default Wait, are radishes radiated ishes? Rad-roaches, rad-ishes FALLOUT IS COMING!

"Well, that will suffice. Just as a hint to gain favor and trade for stuff, Svetlana likes the moonradishes, so if you bring them to Oleg's trading post they will likely trade you stuff for it."
    She smiles and takes the three baskets, tying them to her horse and covering the tops so they don't fall out.
    "Now, what favor would you request of the Little Dragons' goddess?"

18. - Top - End - #288

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default What are you a genie!?

They talk together for a short time.

One says “I wish for good armor shiny metal armor for me and friends!”
    The second says “Shinny coin to buy good stuffs”
    Third “Slaves help build and run farm.”
    The last “good weapons for me and friends.”

19. - Top - End - #289

Default Armored Kobolds Incoming

Scarlett looks to the first Kobold, "Alright, but it won't be immediate. When we get our reward from the other nation we'll pay to have you all outfitted with armor, detailed to your liking!"

She turns to the second one and pulls out a small pouch with 50g coins inside and hands it to him. "Coin for buying, and remember don't spend it carelessly, haggle the prices."

Turning to the third she seems to think for a moment. "Well, we don't have any slaves at the moment. However, any prisoners we take whether they're criminals in our nation or enemy warriors shall be directed to you to have them work as you see fit. Along with a security team to make sure they don't escape!"

Finally to the fourth one, "Same thing for the armors, once we get the reward you'll all get to pick out any kind of weapon and we'll have it made for you. You may request artistic stylings such as flames or dragons to adorn it like the armor."

Scarlett bows and thanks them then hops onto her horse riding off towards Oleg's.

20. - Top - End - #290

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Koboldocolips

The kobolds seem very happy with this.
    The short ride back to Oleg’s is uneventful.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-26 at 09:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

Default Kobolocolypse

Scarlett takes care of the horse, unloads the radishes takes them to Svetlana and hands in the poster.
    "All done, big ol' patch a few miles down. Kobolds may show up here randomly hoping to trade them for trinkets, hope that's not a problem."

22. - Top - End - #292

WolfInSheepsClothing

Svetlana says “Thank you so much. If you would like some stew it should be ready in a few hours.” She hands you a bag with 25 platinum in it.

Oleg “well as long as they don’t cause trouble and their coin is good they can train here.”

23. - Top - End - #293

Default I think you mean trade not train

"Well, there's going to be a few that have coin, but do expect that most will trade stuff you want for stuff they want rather than coin. So I recommend putting up little posters with items or stock you want and hand them out to the Kobolds. Makes it really simple and will really boost your income of items worth selling. Even if they may be looted goods from some poor bastards that try to cross a highly trained, well armed and extremely loyal group of Kobolds."
    Scarlett takes a strong stance, "Don't cross the Little Dragons, or you'll get swallowed whole." Laughing she retorts, "But seriously.... I'm training them into an elite group, if you need them to get you stuff they will."

She grabs the Tuskgutter poster and the Tatzlwyrm poster, "Any idea where this pig is? Also, the Ta-tats-el-why-erm? How do you say that? Tatsel-worm?"

24. - Top - End - #294

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oleg “I’ll see what kind of stock I could use and make some posters. As to where boar and tatzel-worms are not really sure. Probably someplace in the forest. Also there is some cleric looking for some help finding some temple or something. He’s over at the guest house if you want to talk to him.”

Spoiler: talk to him
    Show
    the priest greets you and asks if you will help him to find the temple of the elk. He thinks that it should be someplace south of Oleg’s and guarded by a guardian that will need to be killed before the temple can be restored. He offers free spell casting with the exception of expensive material components that he doesn’t have the ability to provide.

(Aka if it specifies a material component that wouldn’t be found in a spell pouch you will have to provide but he will cast the spell he is 4th lvl cleric. as the campaign progresses he will level up)

Spoiler: don’t talk to him
    Show
    Nothing happens you can do what you want. What did you expect to be here. A guide to the universe or some ****?
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-26 at 11:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Default Lets talk to him

Spoiler: What I expected
    Show
    That's about what I expected, is this what you expected?

"Free spellcasting? For the duration of the task, or whenever I should perhaps need an object enchanted?"
    She displays a contemplative face, "Perhaps, if instead you teach others into clerichood I would consider it. As I have men without direction in their life."
    (1d20+37)[54] Diplomacy

26. - Top - End - #296

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well I am a priest of Erastil and I was planning on rebuilding the temple and turning it into a place of worship. The spell casting is for life after you have found and cleared the temple. As for teaching others in the ways of Erastil that was something that I was already going to do once the temple was rebuilt."

27. - Top - End - #297

Default Excellent

"Well, I'll be sure to call on you to heal my future kingdom. I'll make Erastil a prominent figure of our nation."
    Scarlett shakes his hand, "We have a deal. Spellcasting for life and training lost souls for a higher purpose. Now lets go find this temple, to the south and guarded by what now?"

28. - Top - End - #298

WolfInSheepsClothing

“I’m not really the adventuring type. But my god gave me a vision of the temple in ruins guarded by some kind of bear and told me that I would find one here who could find it. I feel it is too the south but more then that I don’t know.”

29. - Top - End - #299

Default I can't bear it

"Alright, feel free to follow along but hide during battle. I need to find a Tatzelwyrm and a Boar before we get the temple. So it'd go by faster if you were with me to recover me after battle."
    Scarlett tries on her most, 'pretty please' face that she could.
    (1d20+37)[53] : Diplomacy

30. - Top - End - #300

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Alright I suppose that I could come with you. I will go get my horse."

(after battles once you start to move off into another area he will heal you back to full health.)