New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: JDNP King Maker

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: JDNP King Maker

“That’s fair. Auchs would be a good kill as a show of force but Dovan will need to go one way or another.”

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Do-van-kin!

"Then lets find Dovan, I'm certain I can talk him into an aggressive persuasion and make it so we're not entirely at fault. Auchs being as dumb as he is will be the real fight but will likely join in." Scarlett brings out her scythe and leans it against her shoulder in a taunting pose. "Lets make that idiot wish he was never born."

That same smile, the cold eyes, as before with the blood. You could almost feel a pure evil aura radiate from her body. Certainly if one was detecting evil at this point, and could of course bypass her undetectable aura, she'd radiate the strongest among all nearby.

"Kressle, just point me in the direction of the opposition."

3. - Top - End - #123

WolfInSheepsClothing

“This is going to be fun.” She slaps your ass “come right this way.” She leads you to the central room (z5) and paints to a man in the corner with a short beard and long black hair with several tattoos.

There are also 4 other bandits in the room playing some kind of card game.

“The one with the black hair over by himself is Davon. I’m not sure where Auchs is but he shouldn’t be far from her since he isn’t ever far from Davon.”
    She walks up to Davon “hay Davon got a present for you.”
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-07 at 01:19 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Default Blooddemonjizz

"Hey, Dovan, whoa.... What is up with your hair? Did a blood demon **** on you, or was your mom's cycle just really heavy the last time you went down on her ass?" Scarlett says in the most sarcastic voice she has then doubles over laughing.

5. - Top - End - #125

WolfInSheepsClothing

This stops the other bandits in the room and dead silence falls over the room. Dovan looks at you for a min the laughs. His laugh is deep and rich “hahahaha your funny. Maybe I’ll use some of your blood later. Hay Auchs come down here!”

You hear a bellow from above in a deep but childish voice (think rick but dummer) “I come dav!”

Down the stairs comes barreling the largest human you have ever seen. He is easily 7ft tall but his hunch back makes him closer to 6.5ft his arms are bigger around then you are and his hands look big enough to crush a watermelon.
    “I here dav!”

“Aww Auchs this is your new toy” he points at you “have fun with the pretty lady.” He smiles in a very malevolent way.

“Aww you best dav. Come here pretty lady we have fun now!” He reaches for you and you can’t help but to feel a little panic you know that if he grabs you two things are going to happen one he will not be gentle since he doesn’t have the intelligence for it and second it would be easer to get out of a bear trap then to get him to let go.

Spoiler: dm hint
    Show
    I would advise using your ability and dominating Auchs and using him.

Grapple attempt from Auchs:(1d20+8)[27]
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-07 at 03:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Default Bitch I was already gonna do that!

"Auchs! I'm not your toy, dear, I'm your Queen. Now bow before me and do everything I tell you."
    (1d20+27)[36]
    Scarlett's face turns to a grin rivaling Dovan's as she raises her scythe and points it towards Dovan.

7. - Top - End - #127

WolfInSheepsClothing

“Uhh ok pretty lady!” He let’s you go and you have for jump back to prevent from getting hit as he bows. “What you want do pretty lady?”

Dovan “Auchs what’s going on?”

Auchs just stares blankly back at him zero recognition in his eyes you know he is fully under your control.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-07 at 04:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Default Auchs-ilary Power Activated

"Auchs, poor Auchs.... Dovan stole you from your Queen. Why don't you go hold him down so your Queen can deliver her punishment to him."

Scarlett looks around the room at the silent bandits. "Auchs knows who his Queen is, do you? If you do, keep Dovan from escaping...... If you don't..." She brings the blade of her scythe to her face and licks it from end to end smiling. "Well, I don't mind re-educating the rest using the ignorant as examples."

(1d20+21)[23] : Intimidate

9. - Top - End - #129

WolfInSheepsClothing

The other bandits stay where they are for a moment then move to bar the way out.

Auchs “ok pretty lady.” He reaches out to grab Dovan in response Dovan draws his weapon and stabs at Auchs.

(1d20+6)[22]

Spoiler: success
    Show
    damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Auchs pauses looks at his wound and bellows “Dav hurt Auchs! AUCHS HURT DAV!!” Then grabs the table the bandits was sitting on and uses it to smash Dovan over the head.
    (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage (2d8+16)[21]

Spoiler: fail
    Show
    Auchs grapple (1d20+8)[13]

When Auchs hits Dovan the table breaks in half and Dovan drops like a rock. Not dead but out cold. Then Auchs just picks him up in one meaty hand and holds him at arms length.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-07 at 06:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Default The tables have turned

Scarlett takes the scythe and runs the blade against Dovan's throat gently, a small trail of blood forming on the blade before attempting to decapitate him in Auchs' hands.

(2d4+6)[11] x4 coup de grace
    (2d6)[6] shocking grasp cast before attempt

"There, don't you feel better Auchs?" Scarlett rubs his wound gently and makes a heal check to treat it.

(1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2017-11-07 at 06:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

WolfInSheepsClothing

You cut his head completely off.
    Auchs picks up the skull and holds it in one hand. “Auchs likes blood. Dav look funny. Huhu.”

The other bandits looks at you in horror. Wile both Kressle and Auchs just smile at you. Though Kressle’s smile is very much predatory where Auchs smile is just dumb.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-07 at 09:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Default The new Queen Rises

"Now everyone here, you've got a choice. You listen to Kressle, and by extension myself or you get to play with Auchs. Should you manage the feat of defeating my bodyguard there, then you get to deal with me personally." Scarlett stomps the shaft of her scythe on the floor causing the blood to fall off. Turns to Kressle and takes a bow. "I'll be leading this ragtag group into a fine military force, our headquarters are here and Oleg's will be one of our suppliers. He's not to be threatened as I'm fond of his wife and besides, when business thrives so too do we. If it doesn't, we take care of him and Svetlana so that we may thrive later."

She points her scythe at the other bandits, "Now lets go take my throne. I doubt anyone is going to stop us, as it will be empty." Scarlett laughs, takes Dovan's head and haphazardly sticks it to the point of her scythe holding it up high. "Auchs, follow." She leaves the room and as Auchs does she stops him, bends him over and climbs onto his shoulders. "Now, lets walk to the central area.... Don't forget to look happy everyone, it's a parade! You too Dead-van..." She spends a moment to try and make his face contort into a smile.

(1d20+21)[28] Intimidate
    (1d20+31)[45] Diplomacy

13. - Top - End - #133

WolfInSheepsClothing

As you march through the area several bandits see you draw their weapons then see Auchs and see it’s Dovan’s head on your scyth and put their weapons away and start following.

At one point one of them your not sure who starts up the chant “long live the queen” once you get to the court yard most of the bandits are around you. Including the last lieutenant of the stag lord.
    You see a large man though not at large as Auchs stumble through a door with a large stag skill helm on his head. It looks like your march has attracted the attention of the stag lord though you can tell that he is almost dead from the poison. He staggers a few more feet then falls on his face and his breathing quickly stops.
    The last lieutenant pulls his sword gets down on his knee and pledges his loyalty to you quickly fallowed by the rest of the bandits.

Now you have most of the bandits around you that have just pledged their loyalty to you with the head of one of the bandits on your scyth and the stag lord dead at your feet.

14. - Top - End - #134

Default Staggered and broken

Scarlett tosses Dovan's head back to Auchs, "Have fun, big boy." Stands atop the Stag Lord's body pressing the shaft of her scythe into his back.

"Kressle, dearest, why don't you address our new citizens of the Scarlett Empire to their new home of Kresselia City and to yourself, the second in command and if you'll have me, second Queen of the Scarlett Empire and Commander of its forces."

She bows and extends her hand to Kressle.

15. - Top - End - #135

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default You could say he got the shaft

She takes your hand. “Long live the queen!”

Bandits “Long live the queen!”

“Today we will rise above ourselves to become better then before. We will create a place that will be what we want. Many of us left society due to its judgments or laws now we will make our own!”

One of the bandits “let’s get drunk to celebrate!”
    Another “Lets drink the good stuff! The private reserve of the late stag lord!”

16. - Top - End - #136

Default Drink until you drop

Scarlett slams her scythe into the body, "Wait!" She composes herself and steps down leaving the scythe sticking out like a flag. "You may not want to drink everything, it could quite be your last. Besides we are going to start cleaning this place up. By the time you're done I'll have a party ready for my new comrades."

17. - Top - End - #137

WolfInSheepsClothing

They look at the stag lord and realize what you mean.

“Ok where do you want us to start? We don’t really have the recourses to really fix anything. So not sure what you want us to do.”

Kressle takes charge and gives them direction since she knows what they have available.

(You don’t have the writ to found a kingdom nor the recourses since you have done zero exploration. Aka your broke.)

18. - Top - End - #138

Default Broke as a back on a gay man's mountain

"Well, now that this is finished. I'll be heading to Oleg's, to talk about arranging a deal with a small Kingdom rather than bandits."
    Scarlett takes the Stag Lord's helm and her scythe, then requisitions a horse for the trip back.
    She strides by Auchs, "Auchs, listen to whatever Kressle tells you until I come back."
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2017-11-08 at 03:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: loot
    Show
    gain 1500 xp well done...

When you pry the helm off the stag lord you see his face for the first time. It is covered in old burn scars. You also feel magic pulsing through the helm.

Before you leave a fat bandit asks "What about the stag lords monster? he keeps it in the basement." The others start to murmur. You hear things like "ya I heard that the stag lord was just its puppet." and "Without the stag lord to keep it in check are we safe from it?"

20. - Top - End - #140

Default You fat bastard

Scarlett visibly sighs and slides off the horse.
    "Come with me then." Her scythe at the ready she holds the helm in her offhand as she heads to the basement.
    "So, there's a 'monster' in here?"
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2017-11-08 at 03:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kressle and Auchs are the only ones to venture down into the bacement with you.

This room feels miserably damp, and greasy swaths of mold cake the carved stone walls and door. The ceiling ten feet overhead is thick with cobwebs. Three archways in the walls open into other rooms, all of which are lined with mounds of crates, furs, sacks, weapons, and other obviously stolen loot.

You hear skuttling from the ceiling right when you look up a giant ant drops from the ceiling to attack.

(Roll initative)

Auchs (1d20+4)[20]

Kressle (1d20+5)[19]

Creature (1d20-1)[10]

Ant attacks you (1d20+3)[21]
    Ant damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Ant grab if attack hits (1d20+7)[25]
    Second attack (1d20+3)[21]
    Ant damage (1d4+2)[6]
    (Roll a fort save)
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-08 at 07:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Default Aren't you getting a little Ant-sy?

(1d20+6)[19] : Initiative (+4 if you count this as an ability check ;D)
    Last edited by Nathan-the-Anon; 2017-11-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Initiative known, now to say what I do

23. - Top - End - #143

Default Too Antsy

Current HP : 13

Fort save : (1d20+9)[27]

Opposed Grapple : (1d20+10)[30]

Spoiler: Success
    Show
    Scarlett breaks free from the ant's hold and five foot steps back. "What a 'monster' that is...." She says sarcastically, "Auchs, smash this husk of chitin."

Spoiler: Failure
    Show
    Scarlett sits pinned in the creature's mandible. "Auchs.... can you do something about this please?"

24. - Top - End - #144

WolfInSheepsClothing

Auchs swings his club at the ant
    attack (1d20+10)[22]
    damage (1d8+16)[20]

Spoiler: if Auchs misses or doesn't kill the ant
    Show
    Kressle attacks the ant with her two hand axes
    attack (1d20+5)[6]
    attack 2 (1d20+5)[10]
    damage (1d6+3)[5]
    damage 2 (1d6+3)[8]

Spoiler: if Auchs does kill the ant
    Show
    Kressle holds action till something happens

You hear the sound of casting coming from the ceiling above you. You see a badger partially formed into the ceiling casting a spell. it will finish its spell on the start of its next turn.

25. - Top - End - #145

Default Badgerbadgerbadgerbadger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

"I'm tired of this weird ****.... Auchs brace yourself." Scarlett takes a move action to go back ten feet and then run and jump onto Auchs and use spellcombat swinging at this spellcasting badger in the ceiling with a power attack.
    Spoiler: Acrobatics
    Show

(1d20+12)[19]

Spoiler: If acrobatics success
    Show
    (1d20+8)[9]
    Spoiler: If Hit is Success
    Show
    (2d4+13)[18]
    (2d6)[3]

26. - Top - End - #146

WolfInSheepsClothing

You jump up and your swing is a good foot short. You hit the ground with a roll and pop back up to your feet.

Without anything to attack Auchs and Kressle both hold action.

Then a swarm of spiders drops from the ceiling covering both Auchs and Kressle.

The badger moves down the wall and attacks Kressle as it comes down the wall Kressle gets out of the area of the spiders. But Auchs just tryes to kill the spiders.

Swarm damage (1d6)[2]

Badger attack (1d20+4)[13]

Damage (1d6)[3]

Due to the swarm bother Kressle or Auchs can do anything this turn.

The harder misses the attack on Kressle.
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-08 at 09:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Default Swarma King

Scarlett five foot steps (I assume I'm close enough) and Spell Combat the badger.

(1d20+8)[16]
    (2d4+10)[16]
    (2d6)[9]

(1d20+8)[26]
    (2d4+13)[16]

28. - Top - End - #148

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kressle now not effected by the swarm moves in to attack the badger.

Attack (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage (1d6+7)[9]
    Attack 2 (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage 2 (1d6+7)[12]

This causes the badger to fall. Still breathing but bleeding out.

The swarm is till there since he badger is not dead yet.
    The badger also morphs into the shape of a very old deformed nude man.

Auchs is still preoccupied by the swarm trying to get the spiders of him self

Swarm damage (1d6)[5]
    Spoiler: unneeded
    Show

Badger still attacking you attack (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by Shongesabbe; 2017-11-09 at 12:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Default Time to strangle

Scarlett steps over him, drops to her knees on his chest and puts her hands around his throat attempting to cut off air and blood flow.

(1d20+8)[28] : STR check

30. - Top - End - #150

WolfInSheepsClothing

You feel the satisfying crunch of his wind pipe giving way. You quickly feel his breathing and pulse slow and then stop.
    The spiders then disapate and Auchs stands there covered in spider bites but otherwise fine.

You go back up to the rest of the bandits and Kressle proclaims that the one that lives in the cellar and protects the treasure is now dead and will pose no threat to any of them any more.