New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Something else important to notify you of, in case you were not clear (extremely many people are not): any effect that recovers Strain, including spending Surges to do so, recovers Damage if you have no Strain.

(The reverse is not true).

Once purchases and upgrades are decided, I will lay out the next mission.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Confirming: I'm good without anything.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like the armor and am banking the xp
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then, I'll get us set up. Shyla, if there are any XP or item purchases you are interested in, advise and I can adjust accordingly.

Rebel Credits

Imperial Influence
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Mission III: Under Siege

The distress beacon you failed to disable covered the escape of several prominent Imperials, including the man who concocted the scheme, a general named Weiss. While Rebel spies scour the galaxy in search of any information about this man, other efforts to slow the Empire's recovery after the Battle of Yavin continue.

Command has assigned you a brutally simple task: you're to cause a diversion, allowing another team to investigate a facility under Weiss's control. The instructions from your commander were clear: "Don't jam or cut off any signals," she told you. "If they send any calls for help, good. If they don't, then you didn't make enough noise."

Considering the sheer amount of Imperial weight now bearing down on the compound, you certainly succeeded in "making enough noise."

After removing the Imperial presence from the facility, you made preparations to defend it. Many of the doors are sealed off, barricaded against the possibility of troops coming in through another entrance. You're expecting they'll try, but hopefully your hasty fortifications will hold long enough to keep their numbers manageable.

Mission-Specific Rules

• Mission tokens represent capture sites. At the end of each round, if an Imperial figure occupies a tile with a capture site and there are no healthy Rebel figures on that tile, that site is secured by the Imperial player and he claims its token.
    • Doors are locked. An Imperial figure can attack a door. (Health: 6, Defense: 1 black die)
    • A door adjacent to a Rebel figure does not block that figure's movement or line of sight.
    • The mission ends at the end of round 8, when the Imperial player secures any 4 capture sites, or when all heroes are forced to withdraw.
    • Rebel players deploy their figures to any interior space.

Mission Map

Claim your positions on any space inside the facility, let me know if there are any issues with XP spend/items, and then we'll begin with a Rebel's turn first.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 09:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

We should get the crates early (when the outer doors are open), but we can't close doors... so we need people behind doors that are relatively fast. As such, I think I should start at J14. This lets me get this crate and head straight into battle.

Oh wait we can go through doors. I'm still in the spot I said, others should consider starting near other crates, based on their ranges and Effective speeds
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2017-11-05 at 09:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

I will start at B8.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will take J9 and first turn if all are ok with it, that will allow to take two pot shots at the troopers.

Edit: I would say the ranged heroes near the doors in the first turns and the melee ones should get the crates in this first couple of turns. After that, perhaps they will have more to grab on.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; 2017-11-06 at 04:48 AM.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

No items I'd like to get and I'll hold on to the XP for now. Starting at F14, so I can claim the crate, and I'm OK with Fenn going first.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

I say have at it Fenn.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, since everyone is ready, Fenn can begin. I assume you don't need an updated map for your first v turn.

12. - Top - End - #342

Fenn moves out of the complex for a second to shoot at the incoming imperials, before returning back inside.

Tactical movement for 2 move points
    1 move to get to K9

1st action: Havoc shot (2d6)[5][6](11) to stormie
    (1d6)[2](2)

13. - Top - End - #343

That's 3 damage to the trooper (killing him and damaging 1 to the officer). Well... Wasn't expecting to kill him outright. I have a spare action that I believe I won't use as I dont have LOS to anything else even with strain move (and have move enough to return to the building). If anyone has ideas...

One point of movement to get back to J9.

One action thinking about Leias pretty curls!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have access to my desktop ATM, but on my turn the E-Web is going v to double move to set himself up with a line to v the north-facing door. If you'd like to proceed we should have no b difficulties.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

I dont think we will get any more attacks off this round so i eill go.

Vinto grabs the crate.

Vinto moves c8-d9-e9-e10-g10 (1 strain)

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Vinto draws a this: http://cards.boardwars.eu/albums/Cor...%20Medpack.jpg

The remaining Stormtroopers move south and shoot at c the eastern door. I'll check for breach when I get home, or someone else is welcome to do the attack rolls if you feel you need that information.

Then the next Rebel may activate.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, Stormtroopers shooting door.

(BG)(2d6)[4][1](5)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)

(BG)(2d6)[4][5](9)
    (B)(1d6)[4](4)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Rerolling 1st green, blasted durable door... (1d6)[5](5)

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Well then, it seems the door will hold for the moment.

Diala or Shyla, your go.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-06 at 04:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Shyla Varad
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Claiming Crate in F15.

Moving to F9.

After action:
    Health 14/14
    Strain 204
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla scrambles for a good position near a door as her compatriots rush about, though she still finds time to pry open a cache that must have been ignored in the confusion of battle.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

That eweb is going to be a pita ....though it shouldnt be able to fire over its shoulder lol

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Shyla found a Shock Grenade! That ought to be helpful.

The Imperial Officer sidles down to bring fire against the door.

Show of Force: Focused.

(BGY)(3d6)[6][3][1](10)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-06 at 10:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

The power of the blast the Officer directs against the door with his little pointer beam blows it wide open.

Diala

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Diala sees the door blow "Already? We haven't even gotten started."

Diala Passil

Health 12/12
    Strain 0/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None
    Companions None

Bacta does nothing
    Interact to get crate
    Move to K10
    Strain move 2 To M12

After action
    Health 12/12
    Strain 2/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None
    Companions None

Single die attack rerolls available for the team: 1

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Shame about that do-nothing Bacta, since you drew a Bacta Infusion from the crate.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Round End

Imperial earns 3 Threat.

• Reinforce Stormtrooper for 2 Threat

Round 2 Begins

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Not really worth me taking my turn until some foes move at this point, I suggest eweb attacks.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Going to try and blitz that E-Web before it becomes a problem.

Shyla Varad
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving to G5.

Attacking E-Web Engineer in F4-G4 with All-Out Attack.

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GY: (2d6)[6][1](7)
    E-Web Defence roll Black: (1d6)[2](2)

After action:
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla rushes through the door the moment it opens, not giving her enemy time to breathe as she bears down on him with calculated strikes.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blazmo View Post
    Going to try and blitz that E-Web before it becomes a problem.

Shyla Varad
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving to G5.

Attacking E-Web Engineer in F4-G4 with All-Out Attack.

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GY: [roll0]
    E-Web Defence roll Black: [roll1]

After action:
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla rushes through the door the moment it opens, not giving her enemy time to breathe as she bears down on him with calculated strikes.
    Spending surge on Mandalorian Heritage's first ability for +2 damage.
    Last edited by Blazmo; 2017-11-07 at 03:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, a target. The E-Web is delighted to make your acquaintdie. Firing on Shyla.

Show of Force: Focused

(BGRY)(4d6)[2][3][4][5](14)
    (B)(1d6)[5](5)

(BRY)(4d6)[3][4][4][1](12)
    (B)(1d6)[2](2)