New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Alright! Stormtroopers doing it in style.

Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) (2d6)[6][5](11) • Reroll A if needed
    Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) (2d6)[6][1](7) • Reroll B if needed
    Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) (2d6)[5][4](9) • Reroll C if needed
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

And then I go and forget Fenn's defense dice. I'm so smart.

Fenn defenses (BBB, match to attacks in order) [roll0]
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

And then, the 60-second post window eats the roll registration.

Fenn's defenses, as above: (3d6)[5][2][1](8)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Reroll A (B) to see if I can turn 1 damage into 2... (1d6)[4](4)
    Reroll B (G) to find some damage, hopefully... (1d6)[6](6)
    Not using Reroll C, that was a good roll.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Fenn takes 1 damage from the first attack (3 + surge for 1 - 3 block)
    Fenn takes 2 damage from the second attack (3 - 1 block)
    Fenn takes 3 damage from the third attack (4 - 1 block)

Fenn Signis takes 6 damage total.

That's my turn. Stormtroopers are exhausted.

Rebel Turn

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fenn cringes his teeth as the blaster fire rolls next to him leaving him gasping with pain.

He unlocks the safety of his rifle and puts in autofire unleashing a stream of bolts towards the stormtroopers, hoping to add a new set of killing marks on the side of his helmet.

Fenn turn

First action: take 1 strain and use havoc shot
    (2d6)[6][3](9)

Stormie defense die
    Black: (1d6)[3](3)
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

7. - Top - End - #37

The middle stormtrooper falls dead, and the other two are injured. Smiling Fenn takes a step and shoots again, now trying to clear the way for the other to enter and clear the mission.

Fenn
    Strain move: to A2
    Second action: Shoot Stormtrooper in A4
    BG (2d6)[3][1](4)
    Defense: (1d6)[4](4)

8. - Top - End - #38

The attacks strinkes leaving a scorch mark in the white armor of the trooper.

Fenn:
    Use Surge to extra damage leaving 3 damage, 2 soaked

As Fenn is alone he regain one strain marker:
    Health: 6/12
    Strain: 1/4

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

The Officer advances, attempting to bring down Fenn.

(BY)(2d6)[3][4](7)
    (B)(1d6)[2](2)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Fenn takes 2 damage from a surprisingly good shot, and the Officer becomes Focused.

Focused Condition: On your next attribute check or attack roll, add a green die to your pool. Then discard this condition.

You Rebel Scum may take your next turn.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-28 at 12:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

tigerusthegreat: You want the next go, or should I? (I realized I just PMed you this instead of posting it in the thread when I could).

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Based on no reply, taking my turn

Diala sees the officer round the corner, and runs past the stormtroopers to take him down. "I've got the Boss!"

Diala Passil
    Health 12/12
    Strain 0/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving C2 -> B3 -> B4 -> C5 (Between stormtrooper and prope droid).
    Attack The officer, using Precise strike to remove his only defense die.

Attack with Plasteel Staff GY: (2d6)[2][6](8), surges will be spent in next post.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Green was: Damage, Surge, Acc 1
    Yellow was: Damage, Acc 2

So that surge goes to +1 damage, taking out the officer.

After action:
    Health 12/12
    Strain 2/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

The Officer keels over, and a Probe Droid floats into your midst. "Wowowowowowowoowowowowowowowo..."

Firing at Fenn Signis

(BYY) (3d6)[6][3][2](11)
    (B) (1d6)[1](1)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

That was a good roll, let's see here...

4 damage, 2 surges, against 1 block. Spending surge on damage, surge on Pierce 1 to bypass that block.

Fenn takes 5 damage. Fenn is now Wounded and uses the stats on the Wounded side of his player card (displayed on map). If the other three Rebels are wounded, the mission ends in Imperial victory.

Vinto Hreeda, you're up.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Vinto whips out his blaster and quickly feathers the trigger at the probe droid (range 2).

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto Hreeda, Reckless Vigilante
    Damage: 0/11
    Strain: 0/4
    Speed: 4
    Unwounded

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto attack1 vs Probe Droid BY - (2d6)[5][1](6) Reroll from Hair Trigger Pistol BY - (2d6)[1][1](2)
    Defense roll from Probe Droid: B - (1d6)[5](5)
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Assuming I am reading this correctly, that makes my rolls (using the first set, since that was better) 2 wounds, 1 surge and 4 total accuracy against a probe droid's defense roll of 3 block, which negates my whole attack.

Vinto fires off another blast from his pistol, trying to get through the probe droid's armor.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unwounded

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto attack1 vs Probe Droid BY - (2d6)[5][6](11) Reroll from Hair Trigger Pistol BY - (2d6)[5][1](6)
    Defense roll from Probe Droid: B - (1d6)[2](2)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

In the future, please do rerolls in a follow-up post. Choosing between two rolls is a distinct advantage and not what the game intends to support.

Round End

All exhausted abilities refresh. Imperial Player receives 2 Threat, spends on optional deployment. End of round triggers take place. Probe Droid does not self-destruct.

Yes, this is an early warning that I can spawn new Probe Droids and immediately blow them up if I so choose.

Another Stormtrooper rushes in from the forest to defend the terminal.

Round 2

Better get a move on. Rebel turn.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-28 at 06:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Again, assuming I am reading this correctly, using the first set of 5, 6 gives me 3 total wounds and 6 total accuracy against 1 block, resulting in 2 wounds for the probe droid (3 health left). I will also use my Boltslinger ability to deal 1 damage to the trooper on A4.

I will also use 1 Strain to move to D2. (Question: since I had an unused Surge from the first attack, could I use it to recover this strain, even though I moved after the attack?)

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unwounded

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Again, assuming I am reading this correctly, using the first set of 5, 6 gives me 3 total wounds and 6 total accuracy against 1 block, resulting in 2 wounds for the probe droid (3 health left). I will also use my Boltslinger ability to deal 1 damage to the trooper on A4.

I will also use 1 Strain to move to D2. (Question: since I had an unused Surge from the first attack, could I use it to recover this strain, even though I moved after the attack?)
    Boltslinger cannot be used on any target as you do not have line of sight. You cannot use expired Surges to remove Strain incurred after the attack in which they were earned. We'll say for the sake of introductory allowances that you chose to move prior to your first attack, as you don't lose your angle on the Probe Droid and it changes nothing for Boltslinger.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-28 at 06:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Boltslinger cannot be used on any target as you do not have line of sight. You cannot use expired Surges to remove Strain incurred after the attack in which they were earned.
    Is the Probe Droid what is blocking my Line of Sight? Followup: Can I use Thread the Needle to gain line of sight for Boltslinger? (I do not want to do this this round, just curious).

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Is the Probe Droid what is blocking my Line of Sight?
    And Fenn, yes. Line of sight requires that you be able to draw uninterrupted, non-overlapping lines from any one corner of your square to any two corners of the target's square. Figures block line of sight.

Followup: Can I use Thread the Needle to gain line of sight for Boltslinger? (I do not want to do this this round, just curious).
    No. Boltslinger is not an attack.

In the future, please do rerolls in a follow-up post. Choosing between two rolls is a distinct advantage and not what the game intends to support. Thanks!

Round End

All exhausted abilities refresh. Imperial Player receives 2 Threat, spends on optional deployment. End of round triggers take place. Probe Droid does not self-destruct.

Yes, this is an early warning that I can spawn new Probe Droids and immediately blow them up if I so choose.

Another Stormtrooper rushes in from the forest to defend the terminal.

Round 2

Better get a move on. Rebel turn.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Thread the needle specifies that for this activation, not the attack. That's why I was curious.

I will specify rerolls in the future.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Thread the needle specifies that for this activation, not the attack. That's why I was curious.
    Tsk, misread. Good catch. Does apply then.

I will specify rerolls in the future.
    Yeah, just do your initial rolls, and make appropriate rerolls in a subsequent post if needed. S'all good.

Anyone want to take first turn? Not take first turn? You have 5 rounds remaining, counting this one, to destroy those terminals.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

(Since I'm online, I may as well just go first in this round).

Vinto continues his blaster fire against the probe droid, electing to use his pinpoint skills to try to hit the stormtrooper behind it as well.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unwounded

Rolls/Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Using Thread the Needle (1 Strain)

Attack 1 against Probe Droid BY - (2d6)[2][6](8)
    Droid Defense B - (1d6)[4](4)

Attack 2 against Probe Droid (or Stormtrooper at A4 if probe droid dies) BY - (2d6)[5][5](10)
    Droid (or trooper) defense B - (1d6)[6](6)

If I get any wounds on the Droid, I will use my Boltslinger to hit the Trooper.

No Movement.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Rerolling the first die on the first attack only B - (1d6)[3](3)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Results:
    First attack hits the Probe Droid (needs 2 accuracy) 3 wounds 5 accuracy vs 2 block means 1 damage for the droid and 1 damage from boltslinger for the trooper on A4 (I think this kills him)

Second attack misses because the Droid is lucky. However, I'll use the surge to recover a strain.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Unwounded
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2017-10-28 at 08:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Just so you're aware, you can't reroll just one die with that weapon. Your choice is all or none. I rolled a die manually to see whether the yellow would have meaningfully changed and it did not, so I'll accept the reroll.

• Reroll each or any number: choose one or more, reroll as desired.
    • Reroll all: choose to reroll all of these dice or none of them.

Also it's worth me telling everybody that when you use rerolls, each die can only be rerolled once no matter how many pertinent abilities you have access to.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-28 at 08:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

The Probe Droid detects the vector of Vinto's attack and focuses fire on him.

Show of Force: Probe Droid becomes Focused.

(BGYY) (4d6)[4][5][5][5](19)
    (W) (1d6)[5](5)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Vinto takes 3 damage. The Probe Droid recovers 1 damage.

Rebels' Turn