HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Sorry about that, redoing my turn.

Shyla Varad
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving to J17 using Deadly Grace and 2 moves.

Activating Remote Detonator for 1 Strain and using it on Darth Vader in J18.

RD Roll G: [roll0]

After action:
    Health 14/14
    Strain 1/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla runs for Darth Vader, bringing out a detonator as she goes and pushing the button when she gets near to him.

2. - Top - End - #1982
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blazmo View Post
    Sorry about that, redoing my turn.

Shyla Varad
    Health 14/14
    Strain 0/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving to J17 using Deadly Grace and 2 moves.

Activating Remote Detonator for 1 Strain and using it on Darth Vader in J18.

RD Roll G: (1d6)[5](5)

After action:
    Health 14/14
    Strain 1/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla runs for Darth Vader, bringing out a detonator as she goes and pushing the button when she gets near to him.
    Whoops did the roll wrong. Here it is:

RD Roll G: (1d6)[5](5)

3. - Top - End - #1983
    Ettin in the Playground

Late to the party, but she could have moved + deadly grace + whipped him to her.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

4. - Top - End - #1984
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Late to the party, but she could have moved + deadly grace + whipped him to her.
    Whoops, oh well, it's probably too late now.

5. - Top - End - #1985
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blazmo View Post
    Whoops, oh well, it's probably too late now.
    I'm just a force ghost. whooooooooo

6. - Top - End - #1986
    Titan in the Playground

Vader raises his lightsaber, channeling his rage at being threatened by a remote as he uses the Force to shove it aside.

Show of Force

(GRRY)(4d6)[1][3][3][2](9)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-22 at 09:58 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #1987
    Titan in the Playground

Vader's lightsaber flicks nimbly upward as he brings it around for a follow-up stroke, a power slash.

Sustained Fire

(RRY)(3d6)[1][1][6](8)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)

Shyla's whip flicks out and catches the Dark Lord's arm, pulling the deadly stroke out of alignment such that it grazes her instead of mutilating her.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-22 at 09:48 PM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

8. - Top - End - #1988
    Titan in the Playground

Kayn Somos falls back behind the data core and fires, shouting at the Death Trooper for support.

(BBG)(3d6)[1][4][2](7)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)

The Death Trooper becomes Focused.

Combat Medic spending 1 Threat

With Somos adjacent, Vader is able to throw off Shyla's whip in time to slice apart the remote detonator, mitigating the damage of the explosion.

Rebel Turn
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-22 at 09:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1989
    Troll in the Playground

Well, don't have any really good moves so:

recover 1 strain
    Double move to I15.

M8, O7, O8, O9, M10
    L11, K12, J13, I14, I15.

(While doing thins, I realized this map has no N)

10. - Top - End - #1990
    Titan in the Playground

It's about to have no Shyla.

Vader keeps going.

(RRY)(3d6)[5][3][6](14)
    (B)(1d6)[4](4)

11. - Top - End - #1991
    Titan in the Playground

Shyla is Wounded. Vader's between Shyla and Diala now. The Imperial Officer falls back to secure the Medical Center.

Will assemble a map tomorrow, but basically the Imp. Off is in L18 and Vader's in J16 and you're all doomed.

Rebel Turn
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-12-23 at 12:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1992
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to have limited access to a PC or laptop for quite some time, probably until 2nd of January. As such, assuming everyone else isn't taking any breaks, I suggest someone take over Shyla for me while I'm gone.

13. - Top - End - #1993
    Troll in the Playground

Dash Rendar double moves in to I13, where he has a shot on Vader.

14. - Top - End - #1994
    Titan in the Playground

The Stormtroopers adjust position but remain safely ensconced in the Medical Center.

Rebel Turn I'm not going to bother updating for that nonsense.

15. - Top - End - #1995
    Troll in the Playground

Saboteurs also double move, since they have no targets:

J8 to K12
    K9 to M12

16. - Top - End - #1996
    Titan in the Playground

Death Trooper fires on Diala.

(BGG)(3d6)[5][2][3](10) +1
    (W)(1d6)[3](3)

Spoiler: Reroll
    Show
    (1d6)[4](4)

17. - Top - End - #1997
    Troll in the Playground

W - (1d6)[1](1) Foresight GO

18. - Top - End - #1998
    Titan in the Playground

Final Death Trooper to finish the job.

(BG)(2d6)[3][2](5) +1
    (W)(1d6)[1](1)

19. - Top - End - #1999
    Troll in the Playground

Might as well, can't roll worse

W - (1d6)[2](2)

20. - Top - End - #2000
    Titan in the Playground

Diala staggers under the onslaught of the Death Troopers, and though her armor keeps her barely alive, the blazing red lightsaber at her throat will not be deterred by such a feeble defense. Shyla is pinned to the wall by the Dark Lord of the Sith, and you know Fenn has been hiding the severity of the injuries he sustained against the AT-DP earlier. Diala activates her comm and shouts "Fenn, make the call!"

Seconds later, the facility shakes as turbolaser fire rains down from above. Somos sounds the Imperial evacuation, and more stormtroopers advance with binders to take you prisoner. Fenn is not able to drag himself clear of the warehouse before being caught.

From what you hear in the weeks that follow, Rebel forces were defeated in the skies above while you struggled against the Dark Lord. You think it must be Imperial propaganda, but it is difficult to know for certain. Fenn's final call and the evacuation - surely those were not the products of a Rebellion in shambles.

A large spectacle is made of your trial on Coruscant, which exposes Varo as well. You hear that Dr. Cylo has taken over the Tarkin Initiative in the wake of Varo's arrest and execution - all the tangled webs he laid amounting to nothing next to the vast conspiracies of the Emperor himself. Your activities in recent months are dragged out; it's almost an honor to relive your exploits. In the end, you're charged with high treason, which carries a death sentence.

You'll never know what your contribution provided to the Rebellion in your final days. Despite the Imperial propaganda, however, you truly believe that the victory was decisive, that your part in it was important, and most of all that your sacrifice will be remembered.

The Imperial player wins the campaign

21. - Top - End - #2001
    Titan in the Playground

A hard-fought journey, albeit with a difficult conclusion. I hope you all enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed running for you. I have some questions if you'd like to offer your input:

Favorite Mission?
    Favorite Event or Trigger?
    Favorite Enemy?

Least Favorite Mission?
    Least Favorite Event or Trigger?
    Least Favorite Enemy?

Any Other Input?

22. - Top - End - #2002
    Troll in the Playground

Was fun guys! We kinda needed me able to make at least one of those rolls, but the dice weren't with us.

Favorite Mission? Temptation
    Favorite Event or Trigger? Vader showing up for us on mission 2.
    Favorite Enemy? Vader

Least Favorite Mission? Leia's
    Least Favorite Event or Trigger? Any trigger that can kill a character / ally out of nowhere, like the Leia one.
    Least Favorite Enemy? Probe Droid - Always annoyingly powerful.

Any Other Input? Loved the narrative work that was done!
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2017-12-23 at 11:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #2003
    Ettin in the Playground

Favorite Mission? Incoming, despite the stun bombardment BS :)
    Favorite Event or Trigger? Officer Weiss's run for his ATST....that was a fun race we lost miserably.
    Favorite Enemy?Hard to say. I liked bringing down General Weiss in the 2nd to last story mission.

Least Favorite Mission? The Leia one.
    Least Favorite Event or Trigger? The Leia death one....that was just ugh.
    Least Favorite Enemy? Hired Guns + upgrades.....jerks.

Any Other Input? Clarity on attack rolls is pretty important. Especially at the end of a campaign there's a lot of modifiers running around.

24. - Top - End - #2004
    Bugbear in the Playground

Favorite Mission? I really loved the Fenn one. Maybe because I was invested in it and had a bit more to gain. But it was the one where all were dong tactics and seeing that if we did it was luck.
    Favorite Event or Trigger? The controling the imperial soldiers on the shapechagers mission. A bit confusing but very entertaining.
    Favorite Enemy?IG 88 - Why? Because was someone (something??) that I enjoyed from the extended universe and seeing a killer he is was rewarding.

Least Favorite Mission? The Leia one.
    Least Favorite Event or Trigger?
    The Leia death one - we were stupid...
    Least Favorite Enemy? Strangely the E-web gunners - they seemed beast in the early game. Gained a lot of respect for them!

Any Other Input? Just to thank you all the work you've had with us and this game.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

25. - Top - End - #2005
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: This thread has exceeded 50 pages. Please begin a new thread.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.