New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer IC

Anna eyes her own light crossbow, and takes it into her hands. Still, she is ready to spew fire if need be.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    wield her crossbow. Then ready action to blast the enemy with fire if the enemy tries to attack her.
    Fire Damage: [roll0] Reflex DC 16 for half.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

The fight continues, Vilgeirr and the drake trading blows. If the tatzlwyrm shows any indication that its strength is waning, it does not show it and still lunges at Vilgeirr enraged.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

No movement
    Standard action: attack (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[12]
    Possible crit confirmation: (1d20+5)[16]
    Possible critical damage:(1d8+5)[7]
    Grab if applicable: Standard action: attack (1d20+9)[15]
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Kira holds and keeps her weapon on the target.

Show
    Yes.

A: (1d20+5)[10]
    D: (1d12)[5]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vilgeirr growls his frustration at his missing and launches another attack on the miniature linnorm.

Show

Falcata melee attack: (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    Critical confirmation: (1d20+3)[14]
    Critical damage: (2d8+4)[17]

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Vilgeirr Ísleifson
    Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Viking) 1 NG
    HP 6 (3) / 13 Speed ft Init 2
    AC 18 Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 1
    CMB +4 BAB 1
    Falcata +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x3)
    Spiked heavy wooden shield +4 (1d6+4, x2)
    Greatclub +4 (1d10+4, x2)
    Throwing Axe +4/+3 (1d6+3, x2)
    Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 12 (1) Cha 11 (0)
    Combat Stamina 3/3
    Shield Bearer 1/1

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

The sling bullets apparently proving ineffective, Dorrin pocketed his sling and drew his pencil-sized rapier, hoping that it wouldn't rust in the snow before there was a need to use it.

Show
    holster sling, draw rapier I guess

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Anastasiya is now annoyed at this slap-fest, and steps to the side in order to get a clear shot. "PLAY TIME'S OVER!" Red-hot fire from her outstretched fingertips sprays towards the mini-dragon, hopefully slagging it.

Show

Анастасия / Anastasiya
    F CN Human Sorcerer, Level 1, Init 2, HP 8/8, Speed 30
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 10, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 1, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Burning hands CL3 Reflex save DC16 (3d4+6 Fire, )
    Light Crossbow (Bolts x20) +2 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 9, Cha 18
    Condition Endure Elements

Cast Burning Hands. DC16 Reflex save for half.
    (3d4+6)[17]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-03-17 at 07:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Trallus is relieved to see the blast of fire engulf the creature, but he reloads his crossbow and takes aim just in case it's still alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Reload crossbow
    Ready action: Shoot at the wyrm if it survives the others' attacks.
    Attack (1d20+2)[3]
    Damage (1d6)[1]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

A torrent of fire leaps out of the sorceress' fingers. The tatzlwyrm is too absorbed in fighting off its enemy to react in time, and gives out a sickening screech as its white scales are seared, many flaring into embers. Its leaps away, coiling and shuddering in the snow, writhing in agony. All you see in its beady eyes is horrible pain.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

As the rush of fire comes from Anastasiya, Kira almost flinches, glad she's a good distance away from the effect. "Wasn't me!" She says, as the beast falls over.

10. - Top - End - #220

Vilgeirr rears back as the fan of flames envelops the white wyrm. Seeing his foe lay writhing in agony at his feet, the large Ulfen turns to face the one who interfered in his quest. Murderous fury in his eyes, he just manages to control his rage to demand, "Hver þorir?"

Spoiler: Actual Skald
    Show

Hver þorir? = Who dares?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've no idea what 'hver þorir' means" Dorrin replied with a broad smile, walking up nonchalantly to Vilgeirr. "but anyway, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have counted, since I'm the one who spotted it first. But I just want you to know that I forgive you for trying to horn in on my kill. At least you got some good practice in. Now, are you injured enough to need my last bit of healing magic, or would you prefer to let it scar up for a while first?

"Anyway, we're all a bit on edge, it's starting to get late, and it's pretty chilly. Perhaps we should set up a camp for the night, or head back to town and get a few drinks? I really don't care which..." he trailed off, scanning the melted ground for his sling bullets.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Anastasiya just blinks as the Ulfen roars. She pretend to not understand Skald, giving more time for the warrior to calm down.

“Anyone know what he said?”

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Trallus stumbles back into the snow when Vilgeirr makes his angry response, then pipes in. "What's important is that we survived!" He shouts in attempt to defuse the situation as he gets back to his feet. "Whatever gripes you might have can be resolved over ale in a warm tavern once we're done with this mess." Finally, he turns to Dorrin. "If your magic supply is strained, you can just ask me to take up the burden. I'm able to supply limited magical healing as well."

14. - Top - End - #224

Chest heaving, steaming breath like a forge bellows, he looks down at the half-man, slowly registering the small folk's words before looking at the wounds along his legs and body. "Já,
    these are wounds worthy of healing. Thank you, Dorrin."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

'You're quite welcome" Dorrin replied, heaving a sigh of relief at not tasting the bite of a falcata, before turning to Trallus. "Maybe it would be better if you did it? That way, if we should run into another of these, and it it eats you, then I can do something about it, and the reciprocal arrangement the other way of course?"
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-03-21 at 11:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Ana roll her eyes, chants a quick incantation, and touches the Ulfen warrior. He soon feels invigorated, his wounds closing in real time. "So, I think you're about to get frostbite. Shall we head back, get provisions like you know...snow shoes? And then head back this way tomorrow?"

Apparently this mage can offer healing as well.

Show
    Cast Inferno Healing. Vilgeirr gains Fast Healing for 10 rounds

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

You head back to Heldren, trying to make sure you are out of the frozen forest by sunset. The snow obscures your tracks somewhat, and you could swear there are voices in the whistling noises on the wind. Or... some sort of noises, at least - always just weak enough so you cannot be sure, yet there. You find yourselves turning back every so often, as if subconsciously expecting something to be there, even as you try to hurry to get back on the main road.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception and survival for anyone so inclined, if you cannot do it in the next few hours I will be rolling from your sheets when I am home
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2018-03-29 at 12:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

On the way back, Kira stops, holding up a hand for a moment as she frowns, looking off into the underbrush. Then she grins, and pulls Lyubimaya Sestra over her shoulder and into her hands. "Stay quiet. Sounds like we've got dinner coming," she says with a grin. Lowering herself as well as she can, Kira sneaks forwards only to suddenly rise to her full height, aim and fire. However, instead of the normal crack and burst of smoke, there's a click, then a moment's pause before the weapon lurches to the side, vomiting forth a large puff of smoke and sending a ball of lead into the snow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So Kira is going to alert the others, then sneak up 20 feet closer to the thing she's spotted and fire on it for that wonderful (hopefully) flat-footed touch AC attack.

Stealth: (1d20+7)[27]

A: (1d20+5)[6]
    D: (1d12)[8]
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2018-03-30 at 03:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Dorrin scrambled, pulling both at his rapier and sling while scanning the area futilely for any threat. "Where is it? WHAT is it?" he shouted, as Kira's blast had clearly eliminated any concept of the element of surprise.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few hearbeats, movement in the snow shows the rest of you what Kira appears to have aimed at - a wide, low silhouette heads your way through the undergrowth, wading quickly through the thick snow. It appears to be a large boar, looking around and smelling the air. In nearly the last second before crashes out of the underbrush, its head tilts your way and it snorts with an ornery air.

((you are first, the boar has soft cover because of the undergrowth, and is at 20 feet away))

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Muttering obscenities, Kira rapidly shifts Lyubimaya Sestra to one hand and stuffs the ramrod down the barrel, rapidly making scrubbing motions with it for a few moments before removing it, tapping the side of the weapon, nodding and then reloading it.

Show
    Almost thought I was stuck using a dagger again, but then I remembered Gunslingers have Quick Clear to make a misfire not just disable your main weapon for the entire combat. So, using Quick Clear to remove the Broken condition and spending a Grit point to make it a Move action, then reloading as a Standard.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

The sorceress steps forward, and decides to have roast boar for dinner! “Boys, it looks like dinner is delivered tonight! After I lightly sear it, be so kind as to carve it into serving portions would you?”. Flames once again shoot out from her fingertips, immolating the pig!

Show
    Move to 15ft of the boar. Cast burning hands.
    (3d4+6)[17] DC16 reflex for half.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-04-03 at 01:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, that. Do more of that, please" Dorrin quipped, ducking behind the front line while deciding that his sling would again be the weapon of choice.

Show
    Move to behind the person shooting flames out of their hands, sling is readied per earlier post, sheath rapier. I'm, uh, not great at the first round of combat. or any of the other ones really

24. - Top - End - #234

In the wake of the sheet of flames issuing forth from the woman's hands, the Ulfen moves to present a target to the boar and attack it should it still be standing. He draws his falcata on the move and slashes down at the beast.

Show

Falcata melee attack (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage (1d8+3)[9]

Critical confirmation (1d20+4)[18]
    Critical damage (2d8+6)[15]

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Vilgeirr Ísleifson
    Human (Ulfen) Fighter (Viking) 1 NG
    HP 13 / 13 Speed ft Init 2
    AC 18 Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 1
    CMB +4 BAB 1
    Falcata +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x3)
    Spiked heavy wooden shield +4 (1d6+4, x2)
    Greatclub +4 (1d10+4, x2)
    Throwing Axe +4/+3 (1d6+3, x2)
    Str 16 (3) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 12 (1) Cha 11 (0)
    Shieldbearer 1/1
    Throwing Axes 4/4

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The jet of flames sears the animal, shocking it and leaving it thrashing in the snow. If it notices Vilgeirr, it does not show it and the falcata's meaty chop brings it down. It struggles,and tries to bite and paw at whatever comes near, but only manages to snap at the northman's thick boots, choking on the fur as it dies.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"That works too," Kira says, looking at the boar. "Hope it didn't burn much. Let's get him ready to bring back."

With that, Kira slings her musket back over her shoulder and begins the steps needed to most effectively bring the slain boar back to Heldren.

Show
    I don't think anyone is really hyped for How To Prepare Boar, so I'll just take 10 on a Survival check for 15 and be good for popping us back to town.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Anastasiya dusts off her hands clean of any soot and smiles at her "hand"-iwork. "I suppose women *are* better at cooking food..."

She is ready to head back!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

You arrive at Heldren late in the evening, only the long day reminding you that this is supposed to be the middle of summer. The streets are mostly empty, but some of the few people outside look at you curiously, before returning to their chores. It is old mother Theodora, sitting on a bench in her yard wrapped with a thick shawl, who asks the question that you saw in everyone's eyes. "What did you see?"

29. - Top - End - #239

The Ulfen shakes his head. "You certainly do not leave anything of the hide." Vilgeirr remarks as he bends to assist the gunslinger in cleaning and parting the meat.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

In the forest

Dorrin looked on with interest as the others butchered the boar, appearing to take mental notes but not physically pitching in unless asked.

Back in Heldren

Now, talking about things -- that was Dorrin's element. "Well" he said, taking in a deep breath, "first we were walking, of course, and we came upon the lady's carriage and their encampment, but it was all pretty well destroyed I'm afraid, no sign of the lady I'm afraid. We retrieved some of what we think are her belongings. Also, oh, yeah, when we opened the back of the carriage there were real actual zombies inside with the moaning and the trying to eat us! Vilgeirr here went hya-cha-thwack! (here, Dorrin made huge swinging motions with an imaginary sword) "with his big sword and nearly sliced one clear in two, and Kira pointed her staff and KA-BOOM! with the giant explosion, and then no more zombies. So then we saw some tracks that we think were from whoever took the lady and went to follow them, except it's really cold now, really REALLY cold, much colder than here in town, and Vilgeirr started to get a bit of problems so we stopped for a bit. Also, there was a nasty little thing whoever was out there that must have taken her set up, with a rope and bunch of huge logs set up in the tree and so we pulled the rope from a bit of a distance and the logs came down with a huge CRUNCH-A-BOOM! and landed on some treasure chest that was set up as bait, and there was some cool stuff underneath it so we took that too, maybe someone here will want to buy some of it maybe? Then there was a real, live tatzylwyrm, except it was like a white one and they're usually green, so it blended into the snow really well, and Vilgeirr was giving it an epic battle, really starting to wear it down, probably would have taken it eventually, and then she came in with the WHOOOOSH! and there was a huge blast of fire, and that pretty well did it. By then it was starting to get late, and we were all quite tired and cold and somehow it was getting even colder than the really cold it was, and we thought it would be best if we came back here for the night and set out again in the morning when it was light because freezing to death in the woods is no good, and on the way back we stumbled upon a boar, or it stumbled upon us, but either way, again with the hya-cha-thwack and the WHOOOOOSH! -- that would be the charred bits on the front there -- and then they decided it might be nice to bring it along because it's probably pretty tasty and no sense letting it go to waste, right? And then we came back."

He looked back at the others. "Did I forget anything?"