New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Demons vs. Devils (Devil IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    The acid rolls off the statue without leaving a mark.
    HA HA HA, ACID WONT HARM ME. I WANT GOLD
    The sword rings off with no effect
    I WANT GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    Paddy

"Must you be so boorish? I was trying to be polite about destroying you; not just anyone can get the chance to face MY power after all!" The outrageous statement, and the outrage expressed in said statement, are quickly ruined by a fit of deep and heavy laughter. "Here then. How about this?"

With a wave of its hand, and the monumental shifting of it's hidden fat, Paddy rains down each of the traditional elemental powers upon the statue's bowl. A blast of flame, a wave of frosty air, a stream of lightning and yet another bolt of acid should make quick work of the creature. If not...Paddy may have to resort to something disgusting like 'negotiation' or 'actually casting spells' like a plebeian.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Second verse, same as the first.

Paddy will fire off Fiery Burst, Wister Blast, Storm Bolt and Acid Splatter (in that order, in the unlikely event that it matters) upon the bowl the little statue is holding. To be more specific, Paddy aims each into the bowl and the strange fire that consumed a coin earlier.

Fiery Burst: Reflex Save DC 46. Does [roll0] fire damage in a 5 ft burst.
    Winter Blast: Reflex save DC 46. Does [roll1] Cold damage in a 15 ft cone.
    Storm Bolt: Reflex Save DC 46. Does [roll2] Electric Damage in a 20 ft Line.
    Acid Splatter: Ranged Touch attack [roll3]. Does [roll4] Acid damage.
    The spells have no effect on the bowl either
    I WANT GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Sahigu View Post
    Xeroch

As Sabrina and Paddy both unleash their barrage, Xeroch continues approaching the statue, nonplussed by the swinging slashes or the elements raging around him. As the secuence of magic fires, he dodges by leaning oh-so-slightly out of the way.
    Spoiler: Ref Saves
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conceivably, only the cone's area would affect him, unless Paddy was shooting everything THROUGH an ally, but I'll roll all three just in case
    Fiery Burst [roll0]
    Winter Blast [roll1]
    Storm Bolt [roll2]

After reaching the dais, he addresses the statue itself. "I apologize for my companions' behavior. They are quite zealous in their drive, and sometimes that makes them act... rashly." He turns appreciatively at each member of the party before continuing, though his body language is clear: Give me a minute and I'll take care of this."I am Krinstalbr, Chief Inspector of the Interdimensional Gemstone Appretiation Agency, third precinct. These are my co-workers, plus some hired security. We are here to make sure the facilities are up to the standards required to protect a treasure such as the Sirrus Gem."
    Spoiler: Bluffiest Bluff ever
    Show
    [roll3]
    I WANT GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Telluria

Following wordlessly into the Plane Shift, Telluria shakes her head, reorienting herself into realspace. She looks around the room curiously, but her attention is drawn to the strange idol in the center. Watching as Paddy attempts the destroy it, she groans. "Must you use violence as your first resort? There are other options, you know?"

She reaches into her pocket and tosses a gold coin into the bowl after Xeroch finishes speaking. "Some gold, for your troubles."
    The gold coin disappears as did the first
    I WANT GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Goaty14 View Post
    Basa

Basa looks at the girl, thinks for a moment, and picks up a 2nd gold coin, steadies his aim, and throws it.
    Show

Move Action - 3 Locks
    Move Action - 3 Locks
    Swift Action - Throw. I have no idea how much a gold coin deals, but lets assume it's like a tiny shuriken (1 point)
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage: 6+6d6, crit on a 13-20, x2 (lol, maybe somebody with a higher STR should throw this)
    Immunities Ignored:
    -Immunity to Precision Damage
    -All DR (by dealing force damage)
    -Magical Effects (i.e Wind Wall/Prot. From Arrows)

OMGHULDUSKUBWUOBW A ONE!?
    Basa misses the target
    I WANT GOLD, ARENT YOU IDIOTS LISTENING?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Paddy

The paeliryon harrumphs and rustles and finally decides to devil-up and be the bigger (ha!) being. With a flourish it produces a single gold coin and tries to force it into the statue's mouth.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Xeroch

"Everybody wants something, my metallic friend. The question is: How bad do you want it, and what can you give in return?" His hands make a flourish and six coins appear between his extended fingers, three in each hand. "Me and my friends, for example, we want to open this door and go through a labyrinth; and we want it bad enough to try and break, pulverize, melt and dissolve you. Of course, if you know a way, we certainly would appreciate any information you gave us."

As he speaks, Xeroch waves his coin-adorned hands close (but not above) the statue's proferred bowl, in the same way he would tease a beggar asking for alms. He is very experienced in reading intentions, and although he has rarely encountered seemingly sentient constructs, he can pinpoint when a creature is desperate for something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+32)[37]
    Intimidate (1d20+25)[30]
    Also, on an earlier post I made spot and search checks for gleaning any details about the statue and its pedestal.
    Last edited by Sahigu; 2017-11-12 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Typo

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Maybe we all have give it some gold She looks at Paddy Some real gold, and not force fed. But Im not giving it all of mine With that, she drops 5 gold coins in the bowl.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    Paddy

The paeliryon harrumphs and rustles and finally decides to devil-up and be the bigger (ha!) being. With a flourish it produces a single gold coin and tries to force it into the statue's mouth.
    The mouth isnt actually open right now, and since the statue is made of bronze, you cant really force it in now

Xeroch

"Everybody wants something, my metallic friend. The question is: How bad do you want it, and what can you give in return?" His hands make a flourish and six coins appear between his extended fingers, three in each hand. "Me and my friends, for example, we want to open this door and go through a labyrinth; and we want it bad enough to try and break, pulverize, melt and dissolve you. Of course, if you know a way, we certainly would appreciate any information you gave us."

As he speaks, Xeroch waves his coin-adorned hands close (but not above) the statue's proferred bowl, in the same way he would tease a beggar asking for alms. He is very experienced in reading intentions, and although he has rarely encountered seemingly sentient constructs, he can pinpoint when a creature is desperate for something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive [roll0]
    Intimidate [roll1]
    Also, on an earlier post I made spot and search checks for gleaning any details about the statue and its pedestal.
    The idol really doesnt have any facial expressions or body language to read, other than the head raising, eyes opening and mouth talking, no other parts move. However the statue didnt seem to react when the first pieces of gold went into his bowl. There does not seem to be anything visible about the statue.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Basa

Huh, so this construct only reacts to actions... How will this work?
    Basa says, putting his foot into the bowl.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Being a devil, Basa is immune to fire, so he feels nothing from this action.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Xeroch

As Basa approaches, Xeroch makes another flourish and the gold in his hands disappears, his attention now on the sniper next to him instead of the idol.

"Hmm... how anticlimactic." He says as it becomes apparent that Basa remains unharmed. "But what about this?" He reveals a gold piece in his upturned palm, as he also puts a hand into the fire.

Spoiler: DC 67 Spot check
    Show
    The coin he's offering is not actually his, but one he lifted off Basa as he put his hand on the bowl.

9. - Top - End - #39

Sabrina takes the possibly dangerous action of actually searching the idol physically, looking for any sort of opening or switch or device of some sort

Spoiler: Search
    Show
    (1d20)[8] please apply bonuses

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Xeroch

As Basa approaches, Xeroch makes another flourish and the gold in his hands disappears, his attention now on the sniper next to him instead of the idol.

"Hmm... how anticlimactic." He says as it becomes apparent that Basa remains unharmed. "But what about this?" He reveals a gold piece in his upturned palm, as he also puts a hand into the fire.

Spoiler: DC 67 Spot check
    Show
    The coin he's offering is not actually his, but one he lifted off Basa as he put his hand on the bowl.
    Just like Basa, Xeroch feels nothing as he puts his hand into the fire, but the coin appears to vanish

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D1 View Post
    Sabrina takes the possibly dangerous action of actually searching the idol physically, looking for any sort of opening or switch or device of some sort

Spoiler: Search
    Show
    [roll0] please apply bonuses
    HEY DONT HANDLE THE MATERIAL
    Sabrina is not able to find anything on the idol, but finds that the base (with the idol sitting on it) can be turned.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2017-11-16 at 12:09 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Paddy

Upon seeing that the statue's base can be turned Paddy's face splits with a massive, toothy grin. "Say, wouldn't it be much more agreeable of you to to simply be destroyed? If not, we will simply have to experiment" Paddy does not actually wait to see if the greedy little thing with acquiesce to her/his demands, instead putting the considerable fat and muscle to use manipulating the dias and watching for any changes in the fire, idol or room/door.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2017-11-17 at 12:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Sabrina moves out of Paddy's way and continues to try the door as he moves the statue around.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as the idol is oriented towards the door, it can be opened by Sabrina.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Paddy
    "Oh, well would you look at that? How cooperative of you! And here I thought you were going to be bothersome" Paddy releases the dias and claps its fleshy hands together sending ripples across its whole body. giggling all the while. "I see, I see...so this place is like that hmm? Well, nothing we can do about it other than learn from the time we wasted, hmm?" He/She/It almost makes it sound like it is magnanimously smoothing over the fact that everyone else wasting time while it solved the puzzle on its own.

The paeliryon skips heavily (very, very heavily) toward the door.

15. - Top - End - #45

Sabrina heads out the door as well

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

As the group files out of the room, the statue continues
    YOU CANT LEAVE
    I STILL HAVE VALUABLE INFORMATION
    YOU NEED ME
    I WANT GOLD
    #GoreMutualarejerks

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    As the group files out of the room, the statue continues
    YOU CANT LEAVE
    I STILL HAVE VALUABLE INFORMATION
    YOU NEED ME
    I WANT GOLD
    Sense Motive: (1d20+37)[49]
    Show

Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

Telluria

Having already started walking out of the room, Telluria turns back to the idol and raises an eyebrow. "Yeah? If you want us to stay, you'd better give us some useful information before we give you any more gold."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

There are....dangerous monsters, yes that's it, dangerous monsters in this dungeon
    I WANT GOLD
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Basa

Telluria, now is the time to stop peddling to the... thing. It obviously is trying to win you over with lies. I would suggest putting it out of it's misery before speaking another word to it.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

No, really dangerous monsters, with sharp fangs and long claws
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #52

You can continue to waste your time as much as you want with it, but Im moving on. Try to keep up With that, Sabrina turns on her heel and moves to the front of the line to continue exploring.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The path leads away from the room, and then makes a right turn, you can see no farther
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Xeroch follows close to Sabrina, taking careful notice of where she steps. When they reach the bend, he tugs on her arm and expressively points to his eyes and ears, then to the turning corridor.

Spoiler: Skill checks
    Show
    Spot (1d20+34)[46]
    Listen (1d20+34)[52]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Paddy takes a spot in the middle of the group, flab sloshing about with every heavy step; every few seconds it applies a matrix of protective energy upon itself and the others, the power drawing eldritch tattoos upon each target that fade in the space of one breath and are reapplied at the beginning of the next.

Show
    Paddy uses its standard and swift action to apply Protective Ward on itself and the others. +16 profane bonus to AC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

(to help in orienting people, I am going to use terms north, south etc, even though you have no idea of which direction is which, the first passage out of the room went north, and then turned east)

The passage turns east, and continues in that direction. There is a branch to the north about halfway down in it, but it also continues several feet more before ending in a door. Xeroch hears nothing as they continue to move.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #57

(hearing no objections to taking the lead)

Sabrina ignores the north passage for now and continues to the east, and the door. She listens at it for a moment
    Spoiler: Listen
    Show
    [roll]1d20+31

and if she hears nothing, she will boot it open

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler: Listen
    Show
    (1d20+31)[48]
    ten characters

29. - Top - End - #59
    Firbolg in the Playground

Telluria

Following along behind Sabrina, Telluria murmurs a few words of power and her eyes glint with a hidden power. "See anything, Sabrina?"

"I'll send some scouts out, but they won't be able to spot many traps. At best, we can get a general layout of this dungeon and some advance warning on creatures." A swarm of miniscule floating eyes flickers into existence around the devil and she gestures slightly with one hand, sending them all out in different directions.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Telluria casts See Invisibility (duration 7 hrs 10 min), Prying Eyes (duration 43 hrs), and Detect Secret Doors (duration concentration up to 43 minutes).

Number of Eyes: (1d4+43)[45]
    Instructions: Breadth first search. Split swarm evenly. Keep spread out. On dead end, return one and continue search. On other creatures, retreat and return one.

Breadth first search is about halfway down the page. In essence, it's "search through a path until you come to an intersection, then (in this case) split up evenly to search all paths".
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

The room appears to be empty, with a door at the far side. There is a table in the room, holding what looks to be a balance scales. There are a number of balls on the table, and there appears to a scroll.
    #GoreMutualarejerks