New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one. Also, what's your take on Gen here, if I may ask?
    Gen is 100% just ****ing around. He's not evil he drank a soda pop.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Gen is 100% just ****ing around. He's not evil he drank a soda pop.
    Convincing endorsement

Not much in the new chapter, but fun and success and the reveal of Gen's plan. Well, my paranoia was not justified. It's actually really really sweet.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

As predicted. Gen is loyal. And even, surprisingly enough, looking out for Sengoku.
    I guess there is a kind of friendship there. Sengoku is likely the only person Gen looks up to for being smarter than himself.
    And Sen still also respect Gen for having the people skill he misses.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #124

That was a sweet chapter. Very nice. I like that Magma wasn't really won over by anyone but himself. He was planning on killing them, but when Senketsu was about to fall he acted on instinct. And for a big guy like Magma, instinct means a lot, so he must of realized that means he does care for them. It's neat.

Also I like that they responded the same way to Chrome's gushy feelings. That was kinda funny.

5. - Top - End - #125

New chapter! They do a science and get some tungsten coils.

Important: CHARACTER POLL TIME! Vote here: Viz.com/stonepoll

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, why do I feel like I replied already? I'm getting old.

Yes, nice chapter. Good to see Senku give responsibility to Chrome. I feel he came up with better ideas before but I guess this works..
    So how close are we to smartphones now?

Also : fanservice? Well, it is summer and I guess some girls in bikinis are OK.
    Also also : poll? But who do I pick...

Edit : another nice chapter, though it's just a bunch of stuff happening on the last stretch to the cell phone. Although.. Not sure this abomination deserves the name we'll see how they put it to use.
    Last edited by Kato; 2018-05-19 at 02:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    A pretty simple one, wherein we get all the things we need for a phone. The important bit is the mention that, while science might not be focused towards helping you directly all the time, it will inherently bring positive changes to the world. It's a cute sentiment, and I one I like.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    A pretty simple one, wherein we get all the things we need for a phone. The important bit is the mention that, while science might not be focused towards helping you directly all the time, it will inherently bring positive changes to the world. It's a cute sentiment, and I one I like.
    It's a nice sentiment but a bit idealistic. Though, I guess it applies to a few people who have made huge leaps in science, but in general it's more a "if I do this I can make lots of money/be really famous!" Well, that makes it sound worse than it is I mean, clearly that's not every great scientist ever. But yes, science is awesome.

I'm mostly curious how they will get that thing to their spies...
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #129

Phone get!

But of course you need two. But hey, fun little moment with the land line phone. Chrome is dense as rocks, but the end result reveals a secret message in the stories! I wonder what the record will hold.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, clearly that's not every great scientist ever.
    Of course not.

That's every great engineer ever.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Phone get!

But of course you need two. But hey, fun little moment with the land line phone. Chrome is dense as rocks, but the end result reveals a secret message in the stories! I wonder what the record will hold.
    Oh, how hard could making a second one be... ha...ha...
    But yeah, the landline was Kind of cute. I'm not sure if it was about density, maybe either his passion for science being greater or him being still not brave enough.
    Anyway, the bit with the record is really sweet. I guess since we are so used to it we don't appreciate the fact that seeing and listening to dead people is something science allows us to do for not such a long time. Then again, I'm not really an emotional Person so I don't care that much about it.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #132

Sometimes the art in Dr Stone is really good. Sometimes it's ****ing terrible. Today is one of the latter times. Except for the bits with Gen he looks fantastic and his rock scar twisting like a demon mouth is cool.

That aside, the revelation of "music" to people is really sweet...though I wonder what exactly Gen is getting at. My best guess is that they're going to try and trick Tsukasa's dumb idiots into thinking Gods are real and stuff.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes the art in Dr Stone is really good. Sometimes it's ****ing terrible. Today is one of the latter times. Except for the bits with Gen he looks fantastic and his rock scar twisting like a demon mouth is cool.

That aside, the revelation of "music" to people is really sweet...though I wonder what exactly Gen is getting at. My best guess is that they're going to try and trick Tsukasa's dumb idiots into thinking Gods are real and stuff.
    Really? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.. then again, I know nothing about art.

Also, Tsukasa's henchmen might not be the brightest but falling for a speaker as deity..?
    Then again, I will admit it was my first thought as well and it makes the most sense with the talk about gods.. We'll see.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #134

Really? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.. then again, I know nothing about art.

Also, Tsukasa's henchmen might not be the brightest but falling for a speaker as deity..?
    Then again, I will admit it was my first thought as well and it makes the most sense with the talk about gods.. We'll see.
    Everything about the singer lady looks wrong, basically. It's kinda offputting.

The other idea I had is instead of tricking Tsukasa's henchmen...tricking the villagers. Nothin' gets peoples blood flowing for war than religious fervor.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Except everyone one of them is a revived present day person. They would know what recorded message is.

The other idea I had is instead of tricking Tsukasa's henchmen...tricking the villagers. Nothin' gets peoples blood flowing for war than religious fervor.
    Also unlikely. Religion likely goes against everything Sengoku stands for. And there is also a high risk Chromo would see though the deception.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Everything about the singer lady looks wrong, basically. It's kinda offputting.

Hm... maybe she looks a little off but I don't think it's too bad.

While i agree wuth that it would go very much against the spirit of the story. And the village is already very much in awe of Senku / fighting to survive. I feel that is even less likely.
    I assume we will actually use some trick against the henchpeople, either religion or just superstition based. I mean, Senku and Gen are smart enough to make it work, I guess. But I'm opn to them having an even better plan.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

plan
    Spoiler
    Show

So yes it was a trick, and no it wasnt superstitious based. But it honestly is a really good plan.
    It is the sort of vile deception no hero would dream up. And it is really smart. Taking advantage of those hencment all being modern people.

18. - Top - End - #138

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that was a far more interesting plan than anything I came up with.

I also think it's doomed to failure because I doubt they'll care that much? But...we'll see. The one thing that changes if this plan works or not is if they're capable of understanding "everyone from the old world should be dead due to how long it's been". If they don't catch on that, it'll be fine.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

I could have sworn I posted something about the new chapter... Getting old sucks.

Yeah, fun chapter, not what I expected. Certainly nothing to go to hell for. Not sure if they will pull through with it / if it will work. But we will see how smart the enemy is..
    Also, you really couldn't walk around the watch woman at a larger distance? Seems unnecessarily complicated to me... But fine.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #140

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    In this one, our heroers head off to deliver the phone. And also we have a bit of a fight scene with Kohaku, which I feel like is all part of Senku's plan here, since he clearly planted that dripping shiny stuff on her.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Hm.. Well, I don't see the point in letting her get away. But I also don't see the point in not warning Kohaku about his plan, so...
    Also, not sure what the shiny stuff is. First thought was magnesium from flash but then again, I don't think it's luminescent. Dang, I need to fresh up on my chemistry. But I don't know when he had a chance to mark her otherwise.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #142

As it turns out the point to letting her get away was so they could capture her using telecommunication tactics. That's fine. This was...an alright chapter. I liked Kohaku's talk about killing.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Can't say that I don't enjoy it. But then again.......

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

I am very certain that she were not allowed to get away. Sengoku is a scrawny nerd. He just wanted able to hold her down.
    But as always he had a backup plan for handling her realising that he was to weak to hold her.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I am very certain that she were not allowed to get away. Sengoku is a scrawny nerd. He just wanted able to hold her down.
    But as always he had a backup plan for handling her realising that he was to weak to hold her.
    That's the thing though. He know he's a scrawny nerd. So he knows she'll escape. That feels like it's less "planning for a just in case" scenario and just plan planning.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

That's the thing though. He know he's a scrawny nerd. So he knows she'll escape. That feels like it's less "planning for a just in case" scenario and just plan planning.
    She could have failed to realise it. The other villagers could have stopped standing around like morons and instead piled down upon her.
    The important bit is he did not allow her to leave.

27. - Top - End - #147

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    A pretty decent one all things considered. Surprised hawkeye was so accurate as to fire an arrow at them like that, but not well sighted enough to...see them. Ah well.

28. - Top - End - #148

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything goes off without a hitch, though it's unclear if Chrome or Magma are okay after setting fire to the underbrush. All in all, a good outing. Let's see next time if the phone plan actually works.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah... Magma and Chrome are toast. Sorry, guys, but otherwise it was a decent plan. Also Gen is FAST. Unless we've cheated with the timeline here.
    But apart from that, yeah, I'm curious how this will go.
    I mean, I still don't see the point of letting Homura get away in the first place, unless Senku actually planned so far as to use this to prove the worth of information warfare to the reader village but... But I'll let it slide.

Also... girl, can you dress a bit less 20th century tween? I mean, did you tailor those knee high socks and miniskirts yourself?

Also, new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Surprising turn of events but good chapter, I think.
    Senku doesn't know what a Fermi calculation is I guess but still. Though, the measurements joke was slightly creepy.
    btw... does the record have actual music? Who made that? Dad?
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember Kato, the singer lady WAS THERE. She sung out that final song there, to BE recorded and preserved forever. That's how they have, it's literally her singing.

But yeah this chapter was...alright. They succeeded...by failing. But they succeeded! Yay science?