New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default OOTS time line: is there one?

Hi guys.

after reading the newest strip (1105) I started having some questions about the time line in this world, more accurately I started wondering if there was any time lines that have been made that mostly up to date? If there are could someone give me a link. If there isn't one then I think that someone, or a group of people, should try to make one just to help out the people eho need to know when this stuff is happening (like me!).

Thanks!
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: OOTS time line: is there one?

There is a couple floating around the internet. One on the forums here somewhere and at least one more out in the wild internets. There is a OOTS Wikia fandom page that includes a timeline. It gives the whole story thus far takes place over 1.5 to 2.5 years. The forum timeline was more accurate, and was the basis for things like Belkar's death bit.

On a semi-related note - Kazumi is probably gonna have a baby at some point... probably.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

According to this old timeline thread, it looks like we're at a little more than 16 months (give or take) since the beginning of the story. This would put Durkon's son at 7 months old, given human-like gestation periods. I think Kazumi's about 5 months pregnant by this timeline.
    Last edited by unbeliever536; 2017-11-14 at 01:13 PM.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by unbeliever536 View Post
    I think Kazumi's about 5 months pregnant by this timeline.
    Can't be. Something like 106 days after the Battle of Azure City, Daigo says she's 8 weeks pregnant. The Battle of Azure City was, what, a week into the New Year? So Kazumi ought to give birth about a month before the end of the year, which means it could be any day now.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2017-11-14 at 11:06 PM.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    There is a couple floating around the internet. One on the forums here somewhere and at least one more out in the wild internets. There is a OOTS Wikia fandom page that includes a timeline. It gives the whole story thus far takes place over 1.5 to 2.5 years. The forum timeline was more accurate, and was the basis for things like Belkar's death bit.

On a semi-related note - Kazumi is probably gonna have a baby at some point... probably.
    The wikia timeline was originally lifted from RMS Oceanic's timeline in this thread. So it IS a forum timeline, for things prior to the OOTS main story anyway. It used to credit RMS Oceanic, but it looks like that got edited out. As far as the main story timeline, the wikia timeline puts the events taking place over 387 days, which is 1 year and 3 weeks and 1 day, starting some time after April 1183 (but actually much closer to the end of 1183, given that the Southern New Year occurs on day 37). According to that timeline, 7 weeks from #666 would be day 407. The current day is day 387, so Belkar's death is 20 days away, pretty much in-line with the countdown to Belkar's death thread (which hasn't been updated for one in-universe day since the Godsmoot).

In the end, such a project is bound for frustration, since the Giant himself has said there are inconsistencies in the source material, the amount of time between Northern and Southern new years is unknown, etc.

edit: by that same timeline, Kazumi is 284 days pregnant, which is 4 days past her due date. Any day now indeed!
    Last edited by knag; 2017-11-15 at 04:21 PM.