Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Aegir

Houserules

Spoiler: Feat changes
    Show

Keen Mind :

The keen mind's recall feature is interesting, but it's other aspects are useless. Instead, you gain the languages from linguist feat, and the month long hard limit on memory is removed, allowing for a truly keen mind.

+1 intelligence

Perfect recall: You can accurately recall anything you have seen or heard in the past month. Past 30 days, you have advantage on Int checks to remember. This doesn't apply to didactic recall, which is a knowledge check.

You know 2 additional languages and either gain proficiency in an Int based skill or 1 more language.

The linguist feat is deleted.

Cryptographer

Knowing many languages has nothing to do with secret codes. Cryptography takes the linguist feat's most interesting feature and expands on it.

Increase Int by 1

You know the Message cantrip at will, and it's range is doubled (240 feet).

Master Cipher : You can create coded messages that are harder to break. This cipher cannot be broken with magical means short of a limited wish or wish. Otherwise, it's an Int check. Anyone trying to crack your cipher has disadvantage on the check unless he or she is also a Cryptographer, or has a higher total int + proficiency bonus than you. The DC is equal to 8 plus your int plus prof bonus. Those whom you teach the codes can read it naturally.

Translator: You can translate any written, non ciphered language once per long rest, gaining the comprehend languages effect without expending a spell slot, except it applies only to written languages. You only translate literally what is written and it does not give you facility with that language. At the DM's discretion, a very obscure or complex language may require additional work.

Spoiler: Npc's
    Show

Spoiler: Zorg, the warrior.
    Show

Str 20
    Con 18
    Dex 9
    Int 6
    Wis 9
    Cha 9

50 hp
    Speed 25

5th level half orc (half dwarf) Champion.

Traits:

Short Legs-Speed 25
    Savage attacks
    Relentless endurance
    Darkvision
    Cognitively impaired- int 6: Can't increase. Illiterate. Reduced # of skills.
    Mysterious power- Immune to Keening. Resistant to Murk damage.
    Simple courage- immune to fear type effects.
    Dwarven resilience
    Higher starting strength

Skill: Athletics, Survival

Offense
    Great axe: +9 hit, d12 +5 damage (2 attacks)

Items:

Sigurd Olaffson great axe: 1 counts as 2 for dmg. Upgradeable.

Leather harness AC 12. Upgradeable.

Spoiler: Mangar, dog of war.
    Show

40 hp
    14 AC- Armor of Sköll (upgradeable).
    +6 hit
    Speed 40

Level: Mangar doesn't level up per se. Consider him as a generic class at the PC's current level if effects need to be determined.

S 16
    D 10
    C 17
    I 3
    W 12
    Ch 14

Skills
    Athletics + 6
    Perception + 9 (+5 bonus)
    Intimidation + 5

Abilities

Bond: Mangar only accepts commands from his bonded friends.

Current bonds: Thorak Tessanna Laucien Zorg Mia

Commands: A bonded ally can shout a command as a "free action."

Abilities/Commands available :

Bite: Default attack if not commanded. d6+3 dmg. DC 14 str or prone (M or smaller)

Rip: Bites twice, d6+3 damage. No prone effect.

Hold: Bites for 1d6+3 damage and initiates a grapple. Can't attack while grappled.

Scare: intimidate attempt.

Track: As a Ranger. On land only.

Training (new handle animal buff) : A bonded ally proficient in handle animal can give bonuses. See the skills section.

Spoiler: Mia, exile from the Feywild
    Show

5th rogue asassin
    Fey race (unknown)

Hp 32
    AC 16 (leather vest and leggings)

Str 13
    Dex 18
    Con 13
    Int 12
    Wis 10 (+2)
    Cha 12 (+2)

Skills

Perception, survival, deception, nature, athletic, acrobatics, stealth, sleight of hand

Tool proficiency : thieves tools.

Traits

Crafty : +2 perception, survival, deception, and checks to escape bonds. Successful foragings give 1 extra kg of food

Wild animal: Grappler (as feat), martial arts monk feature (d6 Unarmed dmg). Advantage on climb and swim checks and does so faster, holds breath longer.

Metally ill: Traumatic childhood gives her split personality disorder /borderline schizophrenia: gains personality and class of alternate persona, loses normal class features. Can engage in reckless or erratic behavior, sudden hostility or self harm.

Darkvision

Attacks :
    Hunting knife, d6 +4
    Folding short bow (concealable) d6 +4

Spoiler: Celd Attributes
    Show

Hardy: Cold damage taken -1 at level 1 and at every 5th level, for -5 at level 20. Environmental resistance to cold.

Survivalists: Can craft all simple weapons and ammo with no prerequisites using natural materials.

Spoiler: Classes
    Show

The home brew alchemist class is available. Pm me if interested.

Fighter fighting style (testing phase) Brawler. +2 to Grapple, shove, pin and unarmed strike attack roll.

Spoiler: Skills and Kits
    Show

Skills

Handle Animal Being proficient in handle animal gives you a training pool equal to your proficiency bonus. While giving a command to a bonded animal ally, you can transfer some or all of this training pool as a bonus to attack, skills, or saves.

Sense motive: no truth/lie. Dm rolls for tell clusters and are unreliable.

Crafting: Time reduced. Can make magic items. The power cap on the items is limited by level, and likewise increasingly rare and expensive materials and or special quests will be required.

Survival: Make and set traps on the fly. Traps scale in power with level.

Medicine: 1 charge of heal kit + 1 action=heal prof bonus in hp per person once per long rest. Stabilizing can critically fail or succeed. The practitioner can do this indefinitely as long as there are healing kit charges, but each person can only recieve this healing once a day. This stacks with the Medic feat.

Alchemy: Can scale. Special monsters more vulnerable. Crafting rules apply as above.

Kits :

Some kits deliberately overlap each other.

Blacksmith kit: all metal work, metal weapons, metal armor. Process/Smelt higher grade steels and custom alloys. Needs a workshop.

Cutters kit: To harvest and process wood, coral, stone, metal ore, bones, leather, horns. Contains different types of saws, knives and picks.

Fleshcraft kit: harvest leather, bones, horns, and process it (tanning), and creating items.

Weapon craft kit: create all weapons and custom weapons from any material. Requires processed raw materials and sometimes a workshop.

Armorer kit: make any armor from any material. Needs processed materials.

Spoiler: Materials
    Show

Two basic concepts regarding materials: Affinity vs dullness.

Affinity : a material with affinity means you treat a roll of 1 as a 2 on damage, healing, or effect.
    Dull: dull materials have - 1 to damage.

Sample material types:

Bone : Dull. Affinity for offensive cantrips and on hit weapon effects damage.
    Item weighs half as much.

Silver: good vs undead or disease-like creatures. Dull vs all others.

Iron: good vs Fey. Dull vs others.

White Coral : Affinity vs. Beasts. Applications last longer. Can be sharpened like steel.

Coral- other (red, blue, black): Rare and hard to work, but superior quality.

Horn: Affinity for defense/buff cantrips and Cure Wounds. Dull.

Steel : There are different types of steel and metals found in the world or made by master metallurgists. Here is an example:

Sigurd Olafsson's steel
    : Affinity for all non magic damage rolls.

Spoiler: Mettle and Favor
    Show

Mettle:

The Celd are a resilient and determined tribe. Mettle does everything that inspiration does, with additional effects.

If you die with Mettle, you automatically expend it and gain a success on a death save. Can only occur once per death.

If youre about to gain a level of exhaustion and have mettle, it is expended and you do not gain that exhaust level. Can only occur once per exhaustion effect.

You can expend mettle and do maximum damage on one attack dice, declare before the roll is made.

Use mettle to gain twice your prof bonus in temporary hp for that encounter, as a reaction.

Gaining mettle.

Mettle: the Celd are a resilient and determined tribe. Mettle does everything that inspiration does, with additional effects.

If you die with Mettle, you automatically expend it and gain a success on a death save. Can only occur once per death.

If youre about to gain a level of exhaustion and have mettle, it is expended and you do not gain that exhaust level. Can only occur once per exhaustion effect.

You can expend mettle and do maximum damage on one attack dice, declare before the roll is made.

Use mettle to gain twice your prof bonus in temporary hp for that encounter, as a reaction.

Gaining mettle.

You gain mettle by feasting. Feasting is an important tradition among Northern clans and is done as part of a long rest, boosting morale and forming alliances by consuming large amounts of food, drink, and engaging in trash talk, gambling, fornication, or fighting. You can both feast and gain your normal bonuses from a long rest, but you recover more hp from a feast.

A feast requires:

An appropriate shelter such as a longhouse or lodge.

Friendly npcs

Large amount of fresh meat per participant (no rations).

Letting your guard down. You cannot keep watch and feast at the same time, but others can keep watch, and if attacked, you can join battle without penalty. If the feast can continue after the attack, you still gain the benefit.

Non lethal fighting with feast members is permissible to settle disputes or for amusement.

Favor

The gods and spirits delight in being honored, and reward in kind. You have a pool of Favor equivalent to your proficiency bonus.

At any time before making a roll, you can expend up to half of your maximum Favor to enhance an attack roll, damage roll, or physical skill check (athletics, acrobatics, etc).

So at level 1, you have 2 favor, which you can use as +1 and +1. By level 20, you have 6 favor and can use up to 3 for any roll.

Gaining favor:

The Celd have a multifaceted spiritual view that allows for flexible personal interpretation. Some favor certain gods, while others lean towards totem spirits, animal aspects, or their ancestors. You gain favor by either impressing, honoring, or performing sacrifices. Likewise, you can lose favor by displeasing the spirits. How you go about that is a personal choice. Here are some examples:

Sacrificing an object that would otherwise be useful to you. It doesn't have to be extra valuable, just something you could have used. Subduing a difficult enemy then sacrificing it ritualistically is another way.

The Celd are not nice people.

Another way is to perform an outstanding deed in a gods dominion. For example: killing a mighty enemy in one or two blows will gain Kords approval. Telling an outrageous lie and getting away with it will impress Cyric. Perform great deeds and the favor will flow.

Alternately, you can choose to not honor anything at all. You will still gain favor regardless, by your actions. This way, one doesn't feel forced to role play a certain way to use the favor system. However, if you do choose to play an atheist or have an alternate belief system, know that you can be persecuted, and you may not gain favor as fast.

Spoiler: Haggling/negotiating
    Show

There is no rping for prices allowed, whether by persuasion, intimidation, or magic. It's assumed that the price given by an npc is the best price you managed to get. Those with a high persuasion modifier may receive a small, passive deduction on prices.

Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2020-04-19 at 12:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Aegir

Recap of intro :

Spoiler: The Situation
    Show

Your home is the northern lake of Celdmere, of clan Celd. Your homes and docks built over the water with slabs of reclaimed coral and scrap wood. Along the shores roam recent bands of risen dead. Along nearby uninhabited islands malevolent Fey emerge to cavort or cause mischief, hiding among the coral forests.

This winter was harsh, and many died. Now, a plague decimates the survivors. The spring thaw is late this year. Water level is low, bringing the Murk too close for comfort and limiting travel. There are other local villages you can still reach by water, but even allied clans now shun the Celd, fearing the plague.

Most of your veteran warriors are sick, injured, or dead, and the weakened villagers now look to you, barely out of childhood, for food and protection. The vigor of youth has shielded you from the plague, but you're untested for the trials ahead.

It is said the the plague is either caused by a mischievous Fey or witch living on a wild island nearby. Meanwhile, a rival clan is preparing a raid against you within the next few days.

Complicating matters is that all of you have a magic ability, kept secret amongst yourselves. If discovered you will be hunted for life until you're dead or banished to the dark side.

It's night time in early spring, winter's bite still sharp in the air. Your sickened clans folk dejectedly peer over the wooden walls over the lake. There is no revelry tonight, only the eerie quiet of misery, occasionally interrupted by coughs or groans.

You look around, perhaps passing a pipe, thinking of what to do. To the north is the mouth of your lake, marked by totems declaring your boundaries. Past the boundaries are a series of waterways connecting you to the lakes of the other clans. Further north still you can see Father's Shoulder, the great mountain.

To the east are a series of small wild islands, spiked with massive Coral forests ingrown with spruce and pines. A faerie has taken up residence in one of them, and brought this plague. You can see the ghostly faerie lights bobbing among the Coral. Your clansmen curse at her, too weak to intervene.

To the south and west is the shoreline and dry land. The Murk isn't visible at this time. It comes and goes. The undead on the west shoreline wandered off somewhere. Now it's empty except for a starving Ogre, driven to hunt on dry land out of desperation or stupidity. He is hiding behind a wooded Boulder, eyeing a lone deer further west grazing on a hill. The ogre is surprisingly stealthy. He has been slowly sneaking up to the deer for the past hour, but still has a ways to go before he can close in for a kill, assuming the Murk doesn't get to him first.

You have some fish stockpiled, but not that much. A day or two at best. Your clansmen eye the deer forlornly.

Villager: "If only the deer were closer to shore." says a hungry clansman.

Old woman: "If only that ogre won't bash your head in, idiot." replies another.

Villager: "Oy, chief. Those 3 young lads are looking fit. Why don't you send them off to kill that fairy and end the plague?"

Chief Hagar: "Full of bright ideas tonight. The last party we went never returned, though they were dumber than you. These lads are too young. Hopefully they'll live out the plague and breed more Celd. Our time is over." The mighty chief Hagar coughs up blood and says no more.

That's all you see tonight. You have access to several small rowboats of excellent design if you wish to venture out.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-06 at 12:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Thorak Stormhammer

Not wanting to accept the fate of my tribe, I send word out to any able-bodied warriors to meet at the local tavern in the early evening. Whether many or few arrive, and after I’ve had a mug or 2 of ale, a stand on a table and address all who would listen.

Many of you know me. Many of you do not. To some, I am simply a mistake or even a monster, but to others, a loyal friend and ally. I have served this clan as a warrior, but now in this time of peace, we are still under attack. I will not allow this plague nor or enemies to crush us. By the power of the gods, they will not prevail! I mean to seek out the witch or fey responsible for this plague and see to it that we are all rid of it’s ailments. With renewed vigor, I will then help rebuild our forces to fend off whoever wishes to cause us harm. There is a storm on the horizon. We all must brace for it. If you are with me, I set sail tonight. If not, I pray that Kord give you strength in the coming weeks.

Another swing of ale, and I wipe my mouth with my arm. I look to see if any one was moved by my words, but I act the same no matter the outcome, stomping off to one of those boats. I’m not much a sailor, but strong enough.

Spoiler: copied/pasted from my intro to the DM
    Show

He may seem rough/angry on first sight (as many half-orcs are), but this dude has got a huge smile and a fun-loving personality. His low Int is reflected on his lack of schooling, but he isn't child-like. He likes to drink, bed women, and have a good 'ol time. It isn't beyond him to walk around, half-naked, and embrace his natural/wild side. He is big and strong. and will be seen challenging others to feats of strength and looking forward to testing his mettle against a worthy opponent. He is mild-tempered for an orc, but will be ruthless against stamping out evil, especially giants and dragons as Kord is known as a dragon-slayer of sorts while besting a giant would be a great showing of physical prowess, bringing further glory to Kord. He stays fit and is constantly exercising. On early mornings, he may be seen chucking his javelins or swinging his sword to stay sharp.

Think of him as somewhat of a zealous jock/frat boy.

He has a lightly-green tinted complexion and dark brown hair, which he wears long and wild. His body is riddled with scars from scuffles here and there (many which end in the winner buying the loser a drink). He enjoys body art and will mark himself with tattoos and tribal-looking body paint to embrace his savage heritage, but keeps away from piercings, as they are too much a liability in combat--especially when wrestling.

He is average height for a half-orc (6'5"), but well built (240 lbs.). He tends to wear little/light clothing, enjoying instead to show off his physique and try to get a glance from the wandering eyes of a lady.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-06 at 12:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

SolithKnightGuy

Not wanting to accept the fate of my tribe, I send word out to any able-bodied warriors to meet at the local tavern in the early evening. Whether many or few arrive, and after I’ve had a mug or 2 of ale, a stand on a table and address all who would listen.

Many of you know me. Many of you do not. To some, I am simply a mistake or even a monster, but to others, a loyal friend and ally. I have served this clan as a warrior, but now in this time of peace, we are still under attack. I will not allow this plague nor or enemies to crush us. By the power of the gods, they will not prevail! I mean to seek out the witch or fey responsible for this plague and see to it that we are all rid of it’s ailments. With renewed vigor, I will then help rebuild our forces to fend off whoever wishes to cause us harm. There is a storm on the horizon. We all must brace for it. If you are with me, I set sail tonight. If not, I pray that Kord give you strength in the coming weeks.

Another swing of ale, and I wipe my mouth with my arm. I look to see if any one was moved by my words, but I act the same no matter the outcome, stomping off to one of those boats. I’m not much a sailor, but strong enough.
    EDITED:
    Tessanna sits by the hearth in the Inn, focused on sharpening her dagger on a whetstone. She hums a children's song one her mother taught her before she passed away.
    Tessanna seems to ignore the noise as she focus on her task at hand
    People close to Tessanna recognise this as the beginning of her ritual of sharpening her dagger, in order to cut her pen perfectly before using that to write in her journal. Tessanna is extremely protective of her journal and none of you have ever read anything from it, she has never revealed its content.
    Tessanna is a ravethaired pale skinned and a bit on the skinny side. But that's not uncommon in these parts of the world. What is most offsetting or special with her is her eyes. Her irissis is of different colour one green one pale blue, but her pupils are dark, extremely dark! like darkest corners of the univers dark.

She is deep in her daily writing when the "loud oaf", (Tessannas endearing term for the half-orc) starts shouting about fights and worldsaving.

She finishes her writing for the day, she is taken out of her "trance" by a loud rumbling of her stomach.

Tessanna gets up and dusts the wood splinters off her dress, styled in the common fashion, adjusts her leatherbelt equipped with two, what you know to be VERY sharp daggers. And a pouch containing different weird stuff Tessanna collects.

when things has quited down a bit Tessanna walk to the half-orc

"Ill come along, friend, someone has to keep you safe"

META: do we see the Ogre, or the deer? I dont quite understand what to do with this information
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2017-11-06 at 01:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

5. - Top - End - #5

Tessania listens to Thorak 's words, as a young clansman named Zorg leaps up to volunteer.

Zorg is the result of a genetic anomaly: half dwarf/half orc. This gives him natural strength and toughness, but sadly has imparted some mental deficiencies. Also, he apparently is unable to modulate the tone of his voice. His small eyes gleam from deep within an abnormally large, bald head.

"ME! I GO! ME! AWRWRW!" He brandishes his greataxe dangerously. "KILL FAIRY! EAT GOOD!"

The rest of the clan is too sick or injured.

Chief Hagar, always at the front of battle, now laid low by plague and creeping middle age: "Curse the day when a Celd war chief sits idly while the cubs plan for war. I bring shame to the clan."

Yes you can see the ogre and deer. It's the entertainment for the night.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-06 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Tessania listens to Thorak 's words, as a young clansman named Zorg leaps up to volunteer.

Zorg is the result of a genetic anomaly: half dwarf/half orc. This gives him natural strength and toughness, but sadly has imparted some mental deficiencies. Also, he apparently is unable to modulate the tone of his voice. His small eyes gleam from deep within an abnormally large, bald head.

"ME! I GO! ME! AWRWRW!" He brandishes his greataxe dangerously. "KILL FAIRY! EAT GOOD!"

Chief Hagar, always at the front of battle, now laid low by plague and creeping middle age: "Curse the day when a Celd war chief sits idly while the cubs plan for war. I bring shame to the clan."

"wouldnt it make sense to scare off that ogre and steal its prey, if its succesful? Im dead tired of fish and beats. We could all do with a good meal, especially if we are to fight someone causing plagues"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post

"wouldnt it make sense to scare off that ogre and steal its prey, if its succesful? Im dead tired of fish and beats. We could all do with a good meal, especially if we are to fight someone causing plagues"
    Zorg: "GOOD IDEA TASTY DEER CRISPY SKIN GOOD!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'll go out on a limb and say that I know of this Zorg. Someone like me may be able to relate to him better than most. Also, it probably would not have been uncommon for him to have been around other warriors of the tribe.

I look strangely at the odd woman.

Zorg! Yes. One as mighty you would be welcome. Together, let us smash skulls and bring glory to our clansman!

To Tessania: Sorry, you must be mistaken, m'lady. I called for warriors. Women and children should stay behind and care to the sick... (then noticing her eyes and unusual features)... but you are no mere lady I take it. (Hesitating to size her up, and ultimately realizing a party of just 3) I will let the gods judge our worth on the battlefield. Come! Glory awaits us!

If any one else wishes to join... meet us at the dock!

I pat them both on the back and strut off.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-06 at 02:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien sits outside the tavern, eyeing the hunt. Perhaps I could kill the deer and steal it away before the ogre can get his hands on it he thinks, but that would be risky. I want more than fish, but I'm not willing to die over venison. Maybe I could take the ogre down first, but that may scare off the deer. Hmmm...

He hears a ruckus from inside, the orc gathering a hunting party. A well meaning gesture, but a foolish plan... How will they kill it themselves? It has wings, it could easily fly out of the way of an axe. They could use my skills, but...

He's an outsider by choice. Magic users are punished violently, and his abilities (however weak) could get him killed. But maybe if they liked me more...

He sticks his head through the window, blocking the nights "entertainment." "If you're gonna kill a faerie, you're gonna want a bow on your side. I'll travel with you, but I'm taking my own boat."

Spoiler: Thorak
    Show
    I imagine Laucien knows Thorak well, not on a personal level, but someone as loud and boisterous as he would surely have unwittingly served as a distraction more than once.

Spoiler: Tessania
    Show
    Laucian has been keeping an eye on the girl. The quiet ones have the best secrets, and that journal has eluded him for quite some time. If she ever let that journal out of her grasp, he would have taken it by now, but she guards it well. He'll be surprised to see her on the boat.
    Last edited by Doctor-Dash; 2017-11-06 at 03:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say that I know of this Zorg. Someone like me may be able to relate to him better than most. Also, it probably would not have been uncommon for him to have been around other warriors of the tribe.

I look strangely at the odd woman.

Zorg! Yes. One as mighty you would be welcome. Together, let us smash skulls and bring glory to our clansman!

To Tessania: Sorry, you must be mistaken, m'lady. I called for warriors. Women and children should stay behind and care to the sick... (then noticing her eyes and unusual features)... but you are no mere lady I take it. (Hesitating to size her up, and ultimately realizing a party of just 3) I will let the gods judge our worth on the battlefield. Come! Glory awaits us!

If any one else wishes to join... meet us at the dock!

I pat them both on the back and strut off.
    I was thinking that we knew each other and had some sort of friendship.

Anyways.

im pretty good with a bow, and you need all able people if we are to succeed!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Zorg looks at Thorak, then Tessania, then Lucien: "WHICH WAY?!? KILL FAIRY OR DEER?! SO HUNGRY AWRWRWRWR! " He starts wailing and bashing his head against the flat of his axe.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-06 at 03:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zorg looks at Thorak, then Tessania, then Lucien: "WHICH WAY?!? KILL FAIRY OR DEER?! SO HUNGRY AWRWRWRWR! " He starts wailing and bashing his head against the flat of his axe.
    "A good meal would do us some good... if you three can distract the ogre, I can take the deer no problem."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Easy friend... save the excitement for when we need it!

To Laucien: If you are skilled with a bow, you will prove useful. We will need to hunt and be fed. Anyone else? No? I go.

I head to the ship (or Laucien's if he insists on taking his). If no one else shows, I'm ready to go. While we wait, I want to get to know my companions.

Are you from here?

What do you do or what did you do?

Tell me something about yourself?

14. - Top - End - #14

Villager: "Go get the deer! The gods clearly placed it there near shore, easy escape from the Murk!"

Old Woman: "Nar! That deer's a lost cause, up on a ridge with sight advantage. That ogre will scare him off any moment now. Go kill the fairy!"

Chief Hagar's voice rattles the floor. "SILENCE! The cubs are planning war, and we're in their hands. Their war, their path. We will support their choice."

The clan falls silent as you deliberate.

15. - Top - End - #15

SolithKnightGuy

Tessanna analyze the situation with the ogre and deer. Tessanna has a bit survival and would be able to asses the probability of a success by the ogre.
    Survival: +3 do you roll?
    if not Ive rolled 8

If I belive the ogre can take the deer and then we can take scare away the ogre, then ill advice Zorg of that. If I belive he will scare it away, then Tessanna will try and take sneak up on the deer and then have the group scare away the ogre.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are you from here?

I might as well be from here... we came here when I was very young, after fish became scarce.
    My mother weaves baskets, my father is a hunter, and I'm gonna be just like him!"
    He brandishes his bow proudly. "I made a lot of bows using driftwood, and traded them for this. Made of real wood, someone had to go on land and chop down a tree for this! It's my favorite posession, and i'm gonna use it to kill that deer and feed us good."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Villager: "Go get the deer! The gods clearly placed it there near shore, easy escape from the Murk!"

Old Woman: "Nar! That deer's a lost cause, up on a ridge with sight advantage. That ogre will scare him off any moment now. Go kill the fairy!"

Chief Hagar's voice rattles the floor. "SILENCE! The cubs are planning war, and we're in their hands. Their war, their path. We will support their choice."

The clan falls silent as you deliberate.
    Although it would bring Kord great glory to fell and ogre, I feel that the plague is the more pressing matter. Let us vote. There are 4 of us heading out. I vote we slay this fairy. Respectfully, Zorg seems to remain neutral. His axe longs for either, and we should not have a tie. What say you two?

18. - Top - End - #18

SolithKnightGuy

Easy friend... save the excitement for when we need it!

To Laucien: If you are skilled with a bow, you will prove useful. We will need to hunt and be fed. Anyone else? No? I go.

I head to the ship (or Laucien's if he insists on taking his). If no one else shows, I'm ready to go. While we wait, I want to get to know my companions.

Are you from here?

You know Tessanna and have for the entire time you've been in the village. She is a local girl. You know she is keeping to herself, and spend time writing in the book. You have no doubt she is special, some call her cursed, some call her blessed. And no one is surprised she didn't catch the plague.
    Tessanna has always liked Thorak, he is a weirdo like she, perhaps she is a bit suspicious about Lucien
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

SolithKnightGuy

Although it would bring Kord great glory to fell and ogre, I feel that the plague is the more pressing matter. Let us vote. There are 4 of us heading out. I vote we slay this fairy. Respectfully, Zorg seems to remain neutral. His axe longs for either, and we should not have a tie. What say you two?

Food is a pressing matter, and a deer would help us survive another day. We can try and sort the plague after we are fed, and with full focus.

Let me and Lucient try and sneak in on the Deer and kill it, and then you guys can scare off the ogre.

and if it attacks we will help with that as well of course
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You know Tessanna and have for the entire time you've been in the village. She is a local girl. You know she is keeping to herself, and spend time writing in the book. You have no doubt she is special, some call her cursed, some call her blessed. And no one is surprised she didn't catch the plague.
    Tessanna has always liked Thorak, he is a weirdo like she, perhaps she is a bit suspicious about Lucien
    Oh, now I remember. You are the one with her nose in those books! Ha! Well, be sure to record the glory of our exploits. Stay out of harm's way, or behind me!

Thorak may have seen her or even met her, but he pays little heed to those who are not true warriors. Also, he doesn't think much of her knowing him and not the other way around. He likes to think that all the ladies in the village "know him" one way or another.

Spoiler: DM only
    Show

Regarding her being blessed or cursed, this is where Thorak is most suspicious. Although he deems his gifts as those a blessing from the gods themselves, he cannot say the same for others. He welcomes her, but wants to keep a watchful eye. If she is a witch, he may feel the same as the common people regarding her fate. Of course, he does suspect that there is something off about him as well, so this sentiment may not be so harshly followed through with.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Food is a pressing matter, and a deer would help us survive another day. We can try and sort the plague after we are fed, and with full focus.

Let me and Lucient try and sneak in on the Deer and kill it, and then you guys can scare off the ogre.

and if it attacks we will help with that as well of course

Very well. To the deer! I long to face an ogre in battle, and then we feast on the spoils! (raises his hammer). Come! Time is of the essents!

Thorak, due to his slightly lower than normal intelligence will sometime use big words, but mispronounce them slightly. I will reflect this is poor spelling.

22. - Top - End - #22

SolithKnightGuy

Oh, now I remember. You are the one with her nose in those books! Ha! Well, be sure to record the glory of our exploits. Stay out of harm's way, or behind me!

Thorak may have seen her or even met her, but he pays little heed to those who are not true warriors. Also, he doesn't think much of her knowing him and not the other way around. He likes to think that all the ladies in the village "know him" one way or another.

Spoiler: DM only
    Show

Regarding her being blessed or cursed, this is where Thorak is most suspicious. Although he deems his gifts as those a blessing from the gods themselves, he cannot say the same for others. He welcomes her, but wants to keep a watchful eye. If she is a witch, he may feel the same as the common people regarding her fate. Of course, he does suspect that there is something off about him as well, so this sentiment may not be so harshly followed through with.
    Tessanna may find him charming, but she has never been part of those social aspects. Tessanna is by no means afraid, timid, awkward, asocial or anything like that. She is very self assured but choose to keep a little apart from normal social conduct. She, however is always helpful if someone is in need, or sick, or hurt. And in that way she has some respect. But evil tongs blame her, if she has tried to help, but the patient was too badly hurt.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Tessania watches the situation between Ogre and deer and applies her survival knowledge, concluding that the deer is likely to be spooked by the ogre at some point.

Zorg "LUCIEN SHOOT GOOD I SEEN IT LUCIEN SHOOT DEER WE KILL OGRE EAT GOOD. MAYBE... EAT OGRE? MEATY OGRE EHEHEHE ZORG DOES WHAT THORAK SAYS VERY GOOD."

24. - Top - End - #24

SolithKnightGuy

Very well. To the deer! I long to face an ogre in battle, and then we feast on the spoils! (raises his hammer). Come! Time is of the essents!

Thorak, due to his slightly lower than normal intelligence will sometime use big words, but mispronounce them slightly. I will reflect this is poor spelling.
    Tessanna smiles, this is an endearing feature of Thoraks boastful ego.

You loud oafs, should stay back till we get to kill the deer. I suggest that Lucient take one flank and I the other. When I fire my first arrow, Ill make it noticable, and at that moment Lucient fires his arrow. When you guys see this, you make sure to attract the Ogre. And we will help scare that away, when the deer is dead.

Tessanna looks around to see if she needs to repeat the plan, or speak slower.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

SolithKnightGuy

Tessania watches the situation between Ogre and deer and applies her survival knowledge, concluding that the deer is likely to be spooked by the ogre at some point.

Zorg "LUCIEN SHOOT GOOD I SEEN IT LUCIEN SHOOT DEER WE KILL OGRE EAT GOOD. MAYBE... EAT OGRE? MEATY OGRE EHEHEHE ZORG DOES WHAT THORAK SAYS VERY GOOD."
    If Lucien is sure to take down the deer, then alright. But I wanna hide before attacking the ogre. It affects my aim if im not in complete calm.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suggest that Lucient take one flank and I the other. When I fire my first arrow, Ill make it noticable, and at that moment Lucient fires his arrow.
    "It shouldn't take more than one well placed arrow, and I move quiet enough on my own... Maybe I kill the deer and all four of us scare off the ogre, drag our prize home when he's dealt with?

OOC: How far away is the deer?
    Last edited by Doctor-Dash; 2017-11-06 at 04:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    "It shouldn't take more than one well placed arrow, and I move quiet enough on my own... Maybe I kill the deer and all four of us scare off the ogre, drag our prize home when he's dealt with?

OOC: How far away is the deer?
    Tessanna still want to move in on the deer, perhaps Lucients arrow may be better served in the neck of the ogre, if Tessanna manages to take down the deer
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

The Ogre is just off shore, about 30 feet in. From here he can safely outrun the Murk by jumping into lake Celdmere.

The deer is about 300 feet further in, on a ridge sparsely wooded with large pines. Beware though, the deer has advantage on line of sight while he's on the ridge.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-06 at 04:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

SolithKnightGuy

The Ogre is just off shore, about 30 feet in. From here he can safely outrun the Murk by jumping into lake Celdmere.

The deer is about 300 feet further in, on a ridge sparsely wooded with large pines. Beware though, the deer has advantage on line of sight while he's on the ridge.
    Tessanna feel confident she can take down the deer. especially if there isn't stuff to hide behind. She lets this be known with lucient
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tessanna still want to move in on the deer, perhaps Lucients arrow may be better served in the neck of the ogre, if Tessanna manages to take down the deer
    "Fine, we'll head out first and sneak to the deer. We need to take things slow.

Laucien hops in a boat with Tessanna and silently pushes off the dock, intent to quietly avoid the attention of the ogre, deer, and Murk.