New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Tessanna tries to remember what he mothers books said about magic and animals.
    Arcana roll: 12+4=16

Its odd behaviour for a raven, and even more so to settle this close to battle thats still being fought.
    Ravens are seen as messengers and observers from the spirit world.

As you regard it with interest, it flies away into the mist.

2. - Top - End - #392

Laucien disengages as a bonus action, runs to the stern and plugs the enemy pilot in the eye with an arrow. He dies.

Thorak brushes away a shove attempt by his opponent. His mate attempts to disarm Zorg's dangerous Olafsson steel greataxe. Zorg's limited cognition does not even register the tactical disarm attempt against him, but easily wins the opposed check simply by standing there.

Next round:

Mia comes up to Thorak's opponent from behind and executes some kind of strange wrestling maneuver, flipping him upside down over her hip somehow. He is now prone in front of Thorak. She kicks him in the head for 5, a little extra love.

Laucien and Tessania would have disadvantage to attack this fellow as Zorg, Mangar, and the last remaining fighter obstruct the view.

Out of the mist comes another war boat, with 4 enemies (1 pilot and fighters) , they strafe your position staying about 20 feet away, heading parallel to you. Their pilot STEADIES successfully. The fighters raise bows and start to take aim.

Next:
    Open initiative for the Pc's, then Zorg and Mangar. Mia already went first.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-25 at 06:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Laucien disengages as a bonus action, runs to the stern and plugs the enemy pilot in the eye with an arrow. He dies.

Thorak brushes away a shove attempt by his opponent. His mate attempts to disarm Zorg's dangerous Olafsson steel greataxe. Zorg's limited cognition does not even register the tactical disarm attempt against him, but easily wins the opposed check simply by standing there.

Next round:

Mia comes up to Thorak's opponent from behind and executes some kind of strange wrestling maneuver, flipping him upside down over her hip somehow. He is now prone in front of Thorak. She kicks him in the head for 5, a little extra love.

Laucien and Tessania would have disadvantage to attack this fellow as Zorg, Mangar, and the last remaining fighter obstruct the view.

Out of the mist comes another war boat, with 4 enemies (1 pilot and fighters) , they strafe your position staying about 20 feet away, heading parallel to you. Their pilot STEADIES successfully. The fighters raise bows and start to take aim.

Next:
    Thorak can’t resist an easy blow on a prone opponent. I should get advantage here...

15/15+5=20, 8+3 for 11 damage.

If I can move, I advance as far as I can without leaving myself open for an attack. If possible, I use whatever is available on the ship for cover against the archers, but do not go prone myself.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

4. - Top - End - #394

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Thorak can’t resist an easy blow on a prone opponent. I should get advantage here...

15/15+5=20, 8+3 for 11 damage.

If I can move, I advance as far as I can without leaving myself open for an attack. If possible, I use whatever is available on the ship for cover against the archers, but do not go prone myself.
    You splatter the poor bastards brains all over the deck of their inferior ship. Looking around, you see some mounted kite shields hung on the side of their deck, dashing over, you gain half cover...

5. - Top - End - #395

SolithKnightGuy

Next round:

Next:
    Smoke sparks and embers surrounds Tessanna as she fires a twinned scorching Ray at the archers testing the limits of her power...

1: 3+6=9 4dam
    2:14+6=20 6dam
    3:19+6=25 8dam
    4:13+6=19 11dam
    5:5+6=11 9dam
    6:20+6=26 15dam

Spreading all the attacks across all the archers...
    I’m imagining tessanna just releasing all the attacks nearly loosing control of her magic... just being lucky or something

Tessanna moves behind a shield before the smoke clears and she see the result of her action.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-03-27 at 04:41 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You splatter the poor bastards brains all over the deck of their inferior ship. Looking around, you see some mounted kite shields hung on the side of their deck, dashing over, you gain half cover...
    How many melee combatants remain on the ship with us?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

7. - Top - End - #397

One archer bursts into flames and dies. One is badly burned, the other has minor burns and appears to be Highly Skilled. The enemies are in an uproar:

"It's that Celd witch!"
    "Plague bringer!"
    "Her eyes are cursed. Don't look at them!"
    "Kill her quickly!"

The burned archer shoots at Tessania in half cover, hitting a 15 in disadvantage for 5 damage.

The Highly Skilled archer with war paint active aims a red coral longbow with fetishistic carvings and prays: "Great spirit of the lake, grant me favor to smite the haunted stain that is Tessania!" Such is his skill that taking cover seems not to affect his aim...

18 hit: 9 damage
    16 hit: 6 damage

Thorak, there are two melee fighters remaining on board with you.

8. - Top - End - #398

Zorg and Mangar gang up on a fighter: Zorg grazes him for 6 damage, Mangar gets a light bite in for 3 damage, and the man succeeds against Mangar's knockdown ability.

9. - Top - End - #399

SolithKnightGuy

One archer bursts into flames and dies. One is badly burned, the other has minor burns and appears to be Highly Skilled. The enemies are in an uproar:

"It's that Celd witch!"
    "Plague bringer!"
    "Her eyes are cursed. Don't look at them!"
    "Kill her quickly!"

The burned archer shoots at Tessania in half cover, hitting a 15 in disadvantage for 5 damage.

The Highly Skilled archer with war paint active aims a red coral longbow with fetishistic carvings and prays: "Great spirit of the lake, grant me favor to smite the haunted stain that is Tessania!" Such is his skill that taking cover seems not to affect his aim...

18 hit: 9 damage
    16 hit: 6 damage

Thorak, there are two melee fighters remaining on board with you.
    Oh is it too late to add that I cast shield as a reaction if hit?
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

10. - Top - End - #400

Oh is it too late to add that I cast shield as a reaction if hit?
    Reactive abilities like shield are hard to manage in online play. In this case the enemies signaled their intention to attack you beforehand so you definitely had a chance to mention that, but I can let it slide.

You also won't want to waste a shield on a minor attack by just saying you'll shield the next attack.

Perhaps we can reach a compromise : the player sets a damage threshold in which to invoke shield, this way you don't waste shield on a puny attack yet there is no dispute when you use shield if the damage of the attack exceeds x amount. What do you think?

11. - Top - End - #401

I think Laucien is MIA so ill do his turn: he misses a sneak attack on the fighter closest to him.

The prone fighter stands up and along with his mate, they both take a defensive posture, hoping to survive the onslaught (dodge action, all attacks on them are at disadvantage).

Next:
    Any PC
    Enemy archers and Highly Skilled Archer on the other boat.
    Zorg/Mangar/Mia
    Enemy fighters on your boat (dodge action).

12. - Top - End - #402

SolithKnightGuy

I think Laucien is MIA so ill do his turn: he misses a sneak attack on the fighter closest to him.

The prone fighter stands up and along with his mate, they both take a defensive posture, hoping to survive the onslaught (dodge action, all attacks on them are at disadvantage).

Next:
    Any PC
    Enemy archers and Highly Skilled Archer on the other boat.
    Zorg/Mangar/Mia
    Enemy fighters on your boat (dodge action).
    Tessanna aims another scorching Ray, this time focusing on the skilled archer in order to get her down...
    1: 15+6=21; 7 fire dam
    2: 15+6=21; 12fire dam
    3: 11+6=17; 8fire dam

If the skilled archer goes down she redirect her ray(s) at the other archers
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tessanna aims another scorching Ray, this time focusing on the skilled archer in order to get her down...

Zorg, Mangar, with me! We crush these fools! The rest of you, mind the archers!

We melee types will handle the Tripp’s and then I gesture to take cover if possible. I swing my warhammer around low and then back around a little higher, going for a sideway slam!

9+5=14, 7 damage.

Feel that’s? Yes, Kord is MIGHTY!
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-03-29 at 09:10 PM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

14. - Top - End - #404

The skilled archer takes all your hits and winks at you.

15. - Top - End - #405

Zorg, Mangar, with me! We crush these fools! The rest of you, mind the archers!

We melee types will handle the Tripp’s and then I gesture to take cover if possible. I swing my warhammer around low and then back around a little higher, going for a sideway slam!

9+5=14, 7 damage.

Feel that’s? Yes, Kord is MIGHTY!
    What do you mean the Tripps?

Also, these guys are taking the dodge action. Is that your hit with disadvantage? You can command your allies to make tactical plays.

16. - Top - End - #406

SolithKnightGuy

The skilled archer takes all your hits and winks at you.
    Tessanna looks in shock at the skilled archer.

"Guys we face a dangerous foe. Im fireing everything Ive got, and thats more than I thought I had! And she is likely unphased!"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What do you mean the Tripps?

Also, these guys are taking the dodge action. Is that your hit with disadvantage? You can command your allies to make tactical plays.
    I typed troops, but was somehow auto-spelled into trips. Yes, forward even on disadvantage. If I can wait to see if Mangar can trip, to give advantage instead, I do that.

Second roll for me (use with disadvantage vs. dodge or as advantage if I can attack after Mangar trips, if he trips):

18+7=25
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

18. - Top - End - #408

I typed troops, but was somehow auto-spelled into trips. Yes, forward even on disadvantage. If I can wait to see if Mangar can trip, to give advantage instead, I do that.

Second roll for me (use with disadvantage vs. dodge or as advantage if I can attack after Mangar trips, if he trips):

18+7=25
    You point at your enemy and yell "Get him!"

Mangar bites him for 4 and drags him to the ground, you hear cracking ribs from your hammer blow right in the chest. Blood gushes out from his mouth as he writhes on the deck turning blue, dying a slow terrible death.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You point at your enemy and yell "Get him!"

Mangar bites him for 4 and drags him to the ground, you hear cracking ribs from your hammer blow right in the chest. Blood gushes out from his mouth as he writhes on the deck turning blue, dying a slow terrible death.
    Death on the battlefield is never terrible. Thorak looks over the body and grunts. Then to put him out of his misery, I stomp him in the face and stare down who ever is still standing.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

20. - Top - End - #410

Death on the battlefield is never terrible. Thorak looks over the body and grunts. Then to put him out of his misery, I stomp him in the face and stare down who ever is still standing.
    "Ack! I surrender!" Says the one last man on this side. An arrowhead pops out of his Adam's apple. He looks at you confused for a moment, then falls backward off the boat.

"Coward!" Says the Highly Skilled Archer, drawing another arrow for Tessania..

21. - Top - End - #411

You rejoice knowing you've just added another slave spirit for your ancestor's enjoyment, and you were nice about it too.

"Ack! I surrender!" Says the one last man on this side. An arrowhead pops out of his Adam's apple. He looks at you confused for a moment, then falls backward off the boat.

"Coward!" Says the Highly Skilled Archer, stealing this spirit for himself. He draws another arrow for Tessania.. .

22. - Top - End - #412

Mia: "He's going to pick us off one by one if we don't get moving! Get back to the Waveraven!" Mia quickly undoes the ropes and planks you used to board the enemy boat.

Zorg sees the archer aiming to kill Tessania, and runs in front of her wearing no defense other than a leather kilt and thick belt. "FRIEND FRIEND FRIEND!" He yells, not comprehending the futility of his sacrifice.

The Highly Skilled archer attacks Tessania

15+8+8 precision attack - 5 sharpshooter, 26 hit. 16 damage.
    13 hit. 6 damage.
    Action surge!
    Precision attack 30 hit. 6 damage.
    21 hit. 8 damage.

Bonus action: " Stand up, weakling!" He kicks his injured mate (Rally, +6 hp to the second archer).

The second archer also shoots at Tessania with disadvantage, misses cleanly.

Next, Pc's!
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

23. - Top - End - #413

SolithKnightGuy

Mia: "He's going to pick us off one by one if we don't get moving! Get back to the Waveraven!" Mia quickly undoes the ropes and planks you used to board the enemy boat.

Zorg sees the archer aiming to kill Tessania, and runs in front of her wearing no defense other than a leather kilt and thick belt. "FRIEND FRIEND FRIEND!" He yells, not comprehending the futility of his sacrifice.

The Highly Skilled archer attacks Tessania

15+8+8 precision attack - 5 sharpshooter, 26 hit. 16 damage.
    13 hit. 6 damage.
    Action surge!
    Precision attack 30 hit. 6 damage.
    21 hit. 8 damage.

Bonus action: " Stand up, weakling!" He kicks his injured mate (Rally, +6 hp to the second archer).

The second archer also shoots at Tessania with disadvantage, misses cleanly.

Next, Pc's!
    Tessanna is unsure how many arrows will hit Zorg and what hits her... and I decided she didn’t cast shield on herself last round she is bloodied (15hp left) already...
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-04-02 at 10:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tessanna is unsure how many arrows will hit Zorg and what hits her... and I decided she didn’t cast shield on herself last round she is bloodied (15hp left) already...
    I do as much as I can to get everyone back on board and disconnect the ships so we can close on the enemy vessel.

Bonus Action for Healing Word on Tessanna for 5 HP.

As my action, if I can, I grab any loose loot that is visible, the more precious, the higher the priority.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

25. - Top - End - #415

All the arrows were for you.

Remember that as a Celd warrior, you can use your Mettle to help you stabilize.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

26. - Top - End - #416

SolithKnightGuy

All the arrows were for you.

Remember that as a Celd warrior, you can use your Mettle to help you stabilize.
    Tessanna goes down after the first arrow, if he continues fireing on her she dies
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417

Tessanna goes down after the first arrow, if he continues fireing on her she dies
    Gloating in victory and hatred, the archer keeps putting arrows into Tessannia’s body, bringing her to - 21 hp. But the archer must not have believed what they say about the Celd, for the ancestors of your tribe passed down to all of you their savagery and will.

Zorg looks at himself almost comically, expecting any number of protruding arrows from his person. Seeing Tessania's messy body, he lets out a high pitched squealing sob with half formed words of guilt and failure.

"Zorg, stop howling and pick her up!" shouts Mia, as Laucien takes the rudder

Tessannia's body simply refuses to die. The vessels in her arms and legs constrict, diverting her remaining blood to her vital organs. A small, primitive part of her lower brain now reawakens, and ferociously demands the heart to beat, lungs to expand. Then Thorak's word, empty of meaning but full of power, was like blowing a flame out of an ember. Capillaries seal off bleeding wounds, flow, life return to Tessannia.

Mettle effect: convert death to incapacitated and gain 1 death save (before healing word effect). Tessania now needs to Feast to regain Mettle.

The Waveraven is detached. Everyone takes their seat at the oars, Laucien is at the rudder. Where to?
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-04-02 at 05:40 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

28. - Top - End - #418

SolithKnightGuy

Gloating in victory and hatred, the archer keeps putting arrows into Tessannia’s body, bringing her to - 21 hp. But the archer must not have believed what they say about the Celd, for the ancestors of your tribe passed down to all of you their savagery and will.

Zorg looks at himself almost comically, expecting any number of protruding arrows from his person. Seeing Tessania's messy body, he lets out a high pitched squealing sob with half formed words of guilt and failure.

"Zorg, stop howling and pick her up!" shouts Mia, as Laucien takes the rudder

Tessannia's body simply refuses to die. The vessels in her arms and legs constrict, diverting her remaining blood to her vital organs. A small, primitive part of her lower brain now reawakens, and ferociously demands the heart to beat, lungs to expand. Then Thorak's word, empty of meaning but full of power, was like blowing a flame out of an ember. Capillaries seal off bleeding wounds, flow, life return to Tessannia.

Mettle effect: convert death to incapacitated and gain 1 death save (before healing word effect). Tessania now needs to Feast to regain Mettle.

The Waveraven is detached. Everyone takes their seat at the oars, Laucien is at the rudder. Where to?
    Confused and fascinated by this experience tessanna makes a mental note to write this down in her journal first opportune moment

Regaining composure she picks up an oar awaiting lauciens command, all the while getting as much cover possible from the HIGHLY skilled archer
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419

Tessania is at 1 hp.

You each can trade your move to crew the Waveraven, if you want to move the ship, or do something else.

Initiative :
    -Maneuvers : Laucien=22. Enemy pilot=21
    -All the Pc's can act first. Remember you have a penalty unless Laucien steadies, which he can do.
    -After the Pc's is the enemy vessel and all its occupants.

Thorak, Laucien, or Tessania: make a plan and go. The enemy vessel is 30 feet away, at the edge of the mist.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tessania is at 1 hp.

You each can trade your move to crew the Waveraven, if you want to move the ship, or do something else.

Initiative :
    -Maneuvers : Laucien=22. Enemy pilot=21
    -All the Pc's can act first. Remember you have a penalty unless Laucien steadies, which he can do.
    -After the Pc's is the enemy vessel and all its occupants.

Thorak, Laucien, or Tessania: make a plan and go. The enemy vessel is 30 feet away, at the edge of the mist.
    How many troops on the enemy vessel?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier