New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

"Arg. 150 g hacksilver for the dog. Keep the barding, it's no use for our purposes." Says the merchant, rubbing his hands together.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

2. - Top - End - #482

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    "Arg. 150 g hacksilver for the dog. Keep the barding, it's no use for our purposes." Says the merchant, rubbing his hands together.
    Tessanna smiles. “Naa he will go with us to the top of the shoulder, he is an adventurous dog, and I’m sure if he could speak he would say “I want to be the first dog on the fathers shoulder”

Tessanna kneels and with a bit forced affection: “isn’t that right dog” she start cuddling with the dog.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is this a hike up a trail or a straight up mountain face climb (like princess bride’s cliffs of insanity)? That is, is it possible for the dog to come at all?
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Is this a hike up a trail or a straight up mountain face climb (like princess bride’s cliffs of insanity)? That is, is it possible for the dog to come at all?
    Tessania has spent weeks listening to Siegfrieds descriptions of Father's Shoulder, and at this point has memorized every crevice and cliff. According to her, it is various plateaus and ledges among sheer climbs, interspersed with caves, coral forests, and creeks. To that end, you have prepared accordingly. You have climbing gear and several hundred feet of rope, tents, etc.

However, the nomad's revelation of a back entrance shortcut guarded by sahuagin was apparently unknown to Siegfried.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-04-23 at 03:14 AM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

5. - Top - End - #485

Business concluded, you hang hammocks across the deck of your ship, lash it to the barge,and take a long rest.

As the sun sets, the nomad's barge commune grows quiet, but never truly silent owing to the restless, creative energy inherent in these nomads.
    All night, the silence is interrupted by soft noises of a sleepless society: banter over a card game, lovers quarrels and reconciliations, soft music, the tools in the hands of the shipwright, working, drinking all night as he builds your rudder.

As you each take turns keeping watch, some of their own guards attempt conversation at some point in the night.

Spoiler: First Watch: Thorak
    Show

The older fellow with the harpoon approaches you amicably. "We defend ourselves out of necessity, but to us seems like you northerners actually enjoy fighting, killing, being killed, as if it were sport rather than survival. Why is this?"

Spoiler: Second watch: Laucien
    Show

The fisherman greets you. "Your tribe hunts on land, they say. It's a place we never dare to go. How do you survive there, with the Murk, undead, ogres and fairies!? Seems like it's not worth the risk."

Spoiler: Third watch: Tessanna
    Show

"Though you are young, your eyes tell of unspeakable dread and portent. You are as if an evil omen, with a heart of good."

Show

-Fort Knox safe

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Tessanna smiles. “Naa he will go with us to the top of the shoulder, he is an adventurous dog, and I’m sure if he could speak he would say “I want to be the first dog on the fathers shoulder”

Tessanna kneels and with a bit forced affection: “isn’t that right dog” she start cuddling with the dog.
    Merchant: "You were trying to raise his price, now you're petting him. What is going on here?"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Business concluded, you hang hammocks across the deck of your ship, lash it to the barge,and take a long rest.

As the sun sets, the nomad's barge commune grows quiet, but never truly silent owing to the restless, creative energy inherent in these nomads.
    All night, the silence is interrupted by soft noises of a sleepless society: banter over a card game, lovers quarrels and reconciliations, soft music, the tools in the hands of the shipwright, working, drinking all night as he builds your rudder.

As you each take turns keeping watch, some of their own guards attempt conversation at some point in the night.

Spoiler: First Watch: Thorak
    Show

The older fellow with the harpoon approaches you amicably. "We defend ourselves out of necessity, but to us seems like you northerners actually enjoy fighting, killing, being killed, as if it were sport rather than survival. Why is this?"

Spoiler: Second watch: Laucien
    Show

The fisherman greets you. "Your tribe hunts on land, they say. It's a place we never dare to go. How do you survive there, with the Murk, undead, ogres and fairies!? Seems like it's not worth the risk."

Show

"Though you are young, your eyes tell of unspeakable dread and portent. You are as if an evil omen, with a heart of good."

Spoiler: First Watch
    Show

Always looking for an opportunity to be a bit of a zealot and maybe gain a follower, I satisfy the inquiring mind.

[i]The realm is no easy place. In the wild it is kill or be killed, you can be the wold or the sheep. We seek peace, but the same way you all looked upon us as we approached is how we see others of different clans. The problem is, we are not here to conquer and sometimes they know no other way...

The fighting keeps us ready for whatever is to come... and the gods that we revere will honor that, and the fallen, in the next life. There is glory in felling a foe on the battlefield just as there is no dishonor in falling, so long as you die for what you believe in. To say we kill for sport would be off. We kill because it is either us or them and the gods will favor the strong.

You may or may not worship the same gods we do... or any at all, but they see us and they judge us. Be it the calm seas when a catch is most needed or a heavy rain when the crops are just about to die, they will reward the faithful.

(I take it that they worship Obad-Hai or some version of him, since they seem to be living off the land)

Do you carry faith here? Tell me what your culture is like.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-04-23 at 09:02 PM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

8. - Top - End - #488

SolithKnightGuy

Merchant: "You were trying to raise his price, now you're petting him. What is going on here?"
    Naa, I was trying to explain to you that your appraisal of the dog was way too low. And even though he drools and farts and his breath smell like rotten corpse, he is kinda sweet. "

Spoiler: Tessanna
    Show
    Show

Tessanna has never been asked about this bluntly like this. And is take aback. But the days ordeal may have lowered her guards... She close her book and gently put it away.

"I have been told I see the night sky different than most. I see the stars that emit no light, there is quite few. (Tessanna points, although realising she is the only one seeing it). My mother told me it was an omen that I was born beneath one that unshone particularly dark that night. My mother told me as well that this is why when I close my eyes another reality unfolds behind my eyelids. A more unpleasant reality."

Tessanna shudders and collects her cloak around herself. She smiles, a bit apologetic, knowing whoever may listen, must think her crazy.

"I believe I see this for a reason, and although I dont know its importance yet" "But I know that lately what I see has been slightly less bleak... perhaps this means that Im doing what Im supposed to"

Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-04-24 at 02:06 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489

Spoiler: First Watch
    Show

Always looking for an opportunity to be a bit of a zealot and maybe gain a follower, I satisfy the inquiring mind.

[i]The realm is no easy place. In the wild it is kill or be killed, you can be the wold or the sheep. We seek peace, but the same way you all looked upon us as we approached is how we see others of different clans. The problem is, we are not here to conquer and sometimes they know no other way...

The fighting keeps us ready for whatever is to come... and the gods that we revere will honor that, and the fallen, in the next life. There is glory in felling a foe on the battlefield just as there is no dishonor in falling, so long as you die for what you believe in. To say we kill for sport would be off. We kill because it is either us or them and the gods will favor the strong.

You may or may not worship the same gods we do... or any at all, but they see us and they judge us. Be it the calm seas when a catch is most needed or a heavy rain when the crops are just about to die, they will reward the faithful.

(I take it that they worship Obad-Hai or some version of him, since they seem to be living off the land)

Do you carry faith here? Tell me what your culture is like.
    Spoiler: First Watch - reply
    Show

I see. I begin to understand. Sadly, violence begets violence. But maybe you're not all that bad. You and your friends seem decent.

Here, we recognize many of the gods you do, but to us, they're perhaps less brutal. We pray to Kord for athletics and every day courage, for example.

The God we rely on most is called Farlaghn, of the roads and horizons. He finds the ways. We fear the darkness and the Murk, Pelor's light brings comfort. We toast to Olidamarra during our revelry and drinking. Perhaps a bit too often.

Show

-Fort Knox safe

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Naa, I was trying to explain to you that your appraisal of the dog was way too low. And even though he drools and farts and his breath smell like rotten corpse, he is kinda sweet. "

Spoiler: Tessanna
    Show
    Show

Tessanna has never been asked about this bluntly like this. And is take aback. But the days ordeal may have lowered her guards... She close her book and gently put it away.

"I have been told I see the night sky different than most. I see the stars that emit no light, there is quite few. (Tessanna points, although realising she is the only one seeing it). My mother told me it was an omen that I was born beneath one that unshone particularly dark that night. My mother told me as well that this is why when I close my eyes another reality unfolds behind my eyelids. A more unpleasant reality."

Tessanna shudders and collects her cloak around herself. She smiles, a bit apologetic, knowing whoever may listen, must think her crazy.

"I believe I see this for a reason, and although I dont know its importance yet" "But I know that lately what I see has been slightly less bleak... perhaps this means that Im doing what Im supposed to"

Spoiler: Third watch-reply
    Show

We heard of someone to the south that had this same condition. It was said she could see inside of the Murk, even cause it to avoid her village. But she eventually went mad and killed herself, by calling the Murk unto her. But she made many predictions and could see into the past and future.

Here, take this:

He hands you 3 identical flat glass disks with runes on the sides, hung on a string around your neck.
    Firebolt Foci. When you cast firebolt, you can choose to cast it through the foci. The firebolt's damage cannot be less than 10, and the foci is destroyed when used. (basically guarantees max damage on your first dice).

Show

-Fort Knox safe

11. - Top - End - #491

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: Third watch-reply
    Show

We heard of someone to the south that had this same condition. It was said she could see inside of the Murk, even cause it to avoid her village. But she eventually went mad and killed herself, by calling the Murk unto her. But she made many predictions and could see into the past and future.

Here, take this:

He hands you 3 identical flat glass disks with runes on the sides, hung on a string around your neck.
    Firebolt Foci. When you cast firebolt, you can choose to cast it through the foci. The firebolt's damage cannot be less than 10, and the foci is destroyed when used. (basically guarantees max damage on your first dice).

Tessanna looks thoughtful.
    "Perhaps thats something to look into if I ever get around those parts." "But I would never deprive the world of my humor" She says as a terrible attempt to lighten the mood.

As she receive the foci she inspect it with extreme interest completely forgetting the previous topic. "Thanks a lot, they are beautiful!"
    Tessanna wonder if they somehow can be worked to funcion with her staff, a project for later perhaps.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492

As Tessania nears the end of last watch, just as the sun is coming up, a commotion breaks out on the far end of the little island where the Helvir watchmen were camping out with the ballista. She quickly awakens Zorg, Laucien, and Thorak. Mangar jumps up alertly.

Armed Helvir stream out of the barge commune and leap up onto the island, running in the opposite direction of you. But no sounds of battle are heard.

You eventually clamber onto the island to see a crowd of Helvir in a semicircle. "What's wrong?" You ask.

"Someone just killed one of our guards and took his weapons. Right under our nose!" Says the fisherman.

A terrified guard sits nearby, blabbering: "I turned around and he was dead. I barely saw a hooded figure leap off the cliff and into the water."

An angry Helvir, whom you've never met, rounds on you. "I'm sure it had something to do with these foreign barbarians! They're spies!" A few nomads square up and look hostile, and almost all the rest are suddenly less friendly. Zorg looks confused and guilty. Mangar's hair stands on end as he lowers his massive head, glaring up with white, wolf like eyes at these unfriendly stances.

" Look at that one, he looks guilty!" One says of Zorg.

The situation can easily escalate here.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-04-27 at 06:43 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As Tessania nears the end of last watch, just as the sun is coming up, a commotion breaks out on the far end of the little island where the Helvir watchmen were camping out with the ballista. She quickly awakens Zorg, Laucien, and Thorak. Mangar jumps up alertly.

Armed Helvir stream out of the barge commune and leap up onto the island, running in the opposite direction of you. But no sounds of battle are heard.

You eventually clamber onto the island to see a crowd of Helvir in a semicircle. "What's wrong?" You ask.

"Someone just killed one of our guards and took his weapons. Right under our nose!" Says the fisherman.

A terrified guard sits nearby, blabbering: "I turned around and he was dead. I barely saw a hooded figure leap off the cliff and into the water."

An angry Helvir, whom you've never met, rounds on you. "I'm sure it had something to do with these foreign barbarians! They're spies!" A few nomads square up and look hostile, and almost all the rest are suddenly less friendly. Zorg looks confused and guilty. Mangar's hair stands on end as he lowers his massive head, glaring up with white, wolf like eyes at these unfriendly stances.

" Look at that one, he looks guilty!" One says of Zorg.

The situation can easily escalate here.
    I step forward and address the crowd, with a hand up to stay Zorg and Mangar.

Spies, we are not. We wish only to seek the mysteries of Father's Shoulders. We traded with you, in peace, just yesterday and I even spoke with one of your very own just last night of what common ground we may have, under the gods.

It is not our way to fight a coward's battle and flee, but my words may not be enough to sway you, so I propose that we assist in bringing this assassin to justice. Perhaps as a sign of good faith to your people, that we may carry on, on our way and perhaps strengthen our relations.

I look back to everyone for approval, and give them a nod, and then to whoever seems to be handling the situation.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

14. - Top - End - #494

SolithKnightGuy

I step forward and address the crowd, with a hand up to stay Zorg and Mangar.

Spies, we are not. We wish only to seek the mysteries of Father's Shoulders. We traded with you, in peace, just yesterday and I even spoke with one of your very own just last night of what common ground we may have, under the gods.

It is not our way to fight a coward's battle and flee, but my words may not be enough to sway you, so I propose that we assist in bringing this assassin to justice. Perhaps as a sign of good faith to your people, that we may carry on, on our way and perhaps strengthen our relations.

I look back to everyone for approval, and give them a nod, and then to whoever seems to be handling the situation.
    I take Thorak aside.
    “I feel we may have to help, as I fear we may have brought this assissin to their village. I suspect it’s that archer of very high skill that nearly got me killed, that weak to finish the job”
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

No one person seems to be in charge of the nomad's. However, when the old fisherman speaks, the crowd quiets down and listens.

Fisherman : "Stop picking on Zorg, he is a simpleton with too good a heart. I spoke with Thorak and Tessania myself. They are honorable and sincere. They wish to explore an unknown place, something we ourselves take pride upon. Maybe we have more in common.

"I will go with them to find the assassin. Anyone else wants to join, stop whining and grab some rope."
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No one person seems to be in charge of the nomad's. However, when the old fisherman speaks, the crowd quiets down and listens.

Fisherman : "Stop picking on Zorg, he is a simpleton with too good a heart. I spoke with Thorak and Tessania myself. They are honorable and sincere. They wish to explore an unknown place, something we ourselves take pride upon. Maybe we have more in common.

"I will go with them to find the assassin. Anyone else wants to join, stop whining and grab some rope."
    I give the fisherman a grinning nod and brandish my weapon.

If you consider yourself a warrior, with me!

Not sure if Mangar can track, but he surely does have better senses than us. I take him to where the man was killed and see if he could grab a scent and go off in the general direction of where the man went off.

En route, I grab my equipment, sip some ale/wine (whatever we typically drink), and chew on some hunks of dried meat, offering Mangar a piece, as well as some of the locals (probably off of the same end that I am sharing with Mangar, which I am sure grosses them out).
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-04-28 at 09:08 AM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

17. - Top - End - #497

SolithKnightGuy

I give the fisherman a grinning nod and brandish my weapon.

If you consider yourself a warrior, with me!

Not sure if Mangar can track, but he surely does have better senses than us. I take him to where the man was killed and see if he could grab a scent and go off in the general direction of where the man went off.

En route, I grab my equipment, sip some ale/wine (whatever we typically drink), and chew on some hunks of dried meat, offering Mangar a piece, as well as some of the locals (probably off of the same end that I am sharing with Mangar, which I am sure grosses them out).
    Tessanna grab her Herb Jar and ready some warpaint for herself, Thorak and Lucien. She also say a prayer and smear her staff with goats blood. "Its hunting time"

Tessanna is sure its HSA and she has a score to settle!
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498

The harpooneer, swayed by the conversations with Thorak and Tessania, also volunteers in the hunt. He's about half the age of the old fisherman, but older than you. "My name is Enuro. I've rarely missed even the quickest fish with my harpoon. I reckon I can stick it in the body of this killer! Come, Sliver, up!" He holds his arm out, and a sleek black cormorant runs up his arm and perches on his shoulder. He tosses a small dried fish from a waist pouch, which Sliver snatches up like a snake. Zorg claps and shouts, gaping in wonder at this tame bird.

"Why would you bring Sliver?" asks Ior, the old fisherman. "She's only good for catching fish."

"We are after a very big fish," replies Enuro. "And she's better company than you."

"True," says Ior.

Mangar is led over to the body. The nomads back away in awe at the approach of this stately and formidable animal. Mangar sniffs around... Surely he has the scent, now he just needs the proper command to follow it, rather than the dozens of other smells he no doubt detects.

Someone roll handle animal. Has to be one person, or the dog will be confused. Because Thorak has taken time to bond with him via rp, ill give him advantage, but he shouldn't be seen as Thoraks follower per se. Tessania got the charisma going.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-04-29 at 08:34 AM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The harpooneer, swayed by the conversations with Thorak and Tessania, also volunteers in the hunt. He's about half the age of the old fisherman, but older than you. "My name is Enuro. I've rarely missed even the quickest fish with my harpoon. I reckon I can stick it in the body of this killer! Come, Sliver, up!" He holds his arm out, and a sleek black cormorant runs up his arm and perches on his shoulder. He tosses a small dried fish from a waist pouch, which Sliver snatches up like a snake. Zorg claps and shouts, gaping in wonder at this tame bird.

"Why would you bring Sliver?" asks Ior, the old fisherman. "She's only good for catching fish."

"We are after a very big fish," replies Enuro. "And she's better company than you."

"True," says Ior.

Mangar is led over to the body. The nomads back away in awe at the approach of this stately and formidable animal. Mangar sniffs around... Surely he has the scent, now he just needs the proper command to follow it, rather than the dozens of other smells he no doubt detects.

Someone roll handle animal. Has to be one person, or the dog will be confused. Because Thorak has taken time to bond with him via rp, ill give him advantage, but he shouldn't be seen as Thoraks follower per se. Tessania got the charisma going.
    I'll take the advantage and also use a Favor for +1.

17/11 +1 (Cha) +1 (Favor) for 19.

Mangar, go, we hunt!

Down to 1/2 Favor. Do/did we also have Mettle to use?
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-04-29 at 01:32 PM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

20. - Top - End - #500

I'll take the advantage and also use a Favor for +1.

17/11 +1 (Cha) +1 (Favor) for 19.

Mangar, go, we hunt!

Down to 1/2 Favor. Do/did we also have Mettle to use?
    More than enough.

All have mettle except Tessannia. You need to feast to regain.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

21. - Top - End - #501

Mangar dashes off, then runs back and forth along the very edge of the cliff with canine recklessness.

"That's exactly where the guard said the assassin had jumped," says Enuro.

"Mangar must have the scent then," says Ior. "But he will lose it as soon as we get out on the water."

"That's because he's just a dog. Sliver, search!" The cormorant takes flight and scouts around over the lake, then dives smoothly into the water and disappears.

"Mangar has the land. Sliver has the air and water. Bastard won't stand a chance."

You all head down and board the Waveraven, with its new jade green coral rudder a striking contrast to the black painted hull. Enuro and Ior marvel at the craftsmanship. "Say what you want about the northern tribes," says Ior. "No one builds boats like they do."

"It's so... Smooth! Like it's not even touching water." Says Enuro.

You all follow Sliver to shore. Sure enough, there are footprints in the gravel, soon vanishing in the harder soil above. Enuro and Ior look at each other with trepidation as they step on to continental land for the first time.

"I reckon I've lived about 60 years, and never set foot on land." Says Ior. "To the Helvir, all land not visibly surrounded by water on all sides is unholy."

"Its ironic," says Enuro, "given that we're supposed to be a tribe of travellers."

"Well, the Murk has never taken one of us, and so we remain living... And traveling." Says Ior.

"Have you ever seen the Murk up close? What was it like?" asks Enuro.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-04-30 at 06:48 AM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

22. - Top - End - #502

SolithKnightGuy

Mangar dashes off, then runs back and forth along the very edge of the cliff with canine recklessness.

"That's exactly where the guard said the assassin had jumped," says Enuro.

"Mangar must have the scent then," says Ior. "But he will lose it as soon as we get out on the water."

"That's because he's just a dog. Sliver, search!" The cormorant takes flight and scouts around over the lake, then dives smoothly into the water and disappears.

"Mangar has the land. Sliver has the air and water. Bastard won't stand a chance."

You all head down and board the Waveraven, with its new jade green coral rudder a striking contrast to the black painted hull. Enuro and Ior marvel at the craftsmanship. "Say what you want about the northern tribes," says Ior. "No one builds boats like they do."

"It's so... Smooth! Like it's not even touching water." Says Enuro.

You all follow Sliver to shore. Sure enough, there are footprints in the gravel, soon vanishing in the harder soil above. Enuro and Ior look at each other with trepidation as they step on to continental land for the first time.

"I reckon I've lived about 60 years, and never set foot on land." Says Ior. "To the Helvir, all land not visibly surrounded by water on all sides is unholy."

"Its ironic," says Enuro, "given that we're supposed to be a tribe of travellers."

"Well, the Murk has never taken one of us, and so we remain living... And traveling." Says Ior.

"Have you ever seen the Murk up close? What was it like?" asks Enuro.
    Tessanna describes her experience with the Murk that actually had her in its fearful charm. I was completely surprised by it, and only discovered it when it was towering over me a few feet away. And once I noticed it, it unleashed... a sound it what may describe it best. But it was also a feeling. A feeling of what may be the perfect fear, a fear so complete so perfectly constructed that its beyond the weak normal gut wrenching terror you can normally experience when facing certain horrible death... Tessanna sound excited as she describes the experience... "Keening" is what Im told its called

Tessanna sits a while in silence as if trying to remember recall the experience

The man I was with, an old experienced bard, Siegfried, Im sure you must have met him, he managed to whistle a tone/tune and that sound made the Murk back off, and I managed to get out of my trance. It sorta felt like its hold over me was lifted.

Tessanna tries to replicate the sound, she has practised a lot with Siegfried, but she never completely got it right...

The sound was kinda like this, but not quite, If I ever get surpriced by the Murk again, Ill try and see if it works, but I have little faith in it.

Tessanna looks to see if she still have an audience... if she does

But all of this is nothing, Zorg here, was completely engulfed by it and managed to get out of it with only a few scratches

Tessanna pads Zorg's back approvingly with a huge smile.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-05-03 at 03:52 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503

The two men are entranced by your lengthy tale, and look with awe at Zorg. "He must be made of iron! At first we couldn't figure out why you kept an imbecile in company, much less armed him. It seemed cruel. In our tribe, when someone is born... Like him, we toss the infant overboard. It may seem cruel, but crueler still to raise a child who cannot comprehend our ways or care for himself. Unfair to the tribe, and to the child. "

" But your people have given him a place despite his obvious handicap, and you treat him as an equal. I admit we are terribly wrong in calling the northerners savages. It appears we have much to learn from your people."

Zorg merely grins and nods, agreeably pretending to understand whatever is being said, laughs when everyone else laughs.

Tessania, an arrow grazes you for 5 damage. Everyone jumps to their feet, as a hooded figure ducks out of sight from a bushy rise 100 feet away.

"After him! To arms!"

The assailant is now out of line of sight, over on the far side of the rise.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The two men are entranced by your lengthy tale, and look with awe at Zorg. "He must be made of iron! At first we couldn't figure out why you kept an imbecile in company, much less armed him. It seemed cruel. In our tribe, when someone is born... Like him, we toss the infant overboard. It may seem cruel, but crueler still to raise a child who cannot comprehend our ways or care for himself. Unfair to the tribe, and to the child. "

" But your people have given him a place despite his obvious handicap, and you treat him as an equal. I admit we are terribly wrong in calling the northerners savages. It appears we have much to learn from your people."

Zorg merely grins and nods, agreeably pretending to understand whatever is being said, laughs when everyone else laughs.

Tessania, an arrow grazes you for 5 damage. Everyone jumps to their feet, as a hooded figure ducks out of sight from a bushy rise 100 feet away.

"After him! To arms!"

The assailant is now out of line of sight, over on the far side of the rise.
    I'm giving them a bit of a stink eye as they speak lowly of Zorg. He is a proud and powerful warrior. An honarable ally. I pat his back as he nods along, for encouragement.

When the arrow strikes, I point out for Mangar to chase. Hopefully he still has the scent.

Mangar, tear out his throat!

And then follow as best I can, hammer and shield at the ready.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

25. - Top - End - #505

I'm giving them a bit of a stink eye as they speak lowly of Zorg. He is a proud and powerful warrior. An honarable ally. I pat his back as he nods along, for encouragement.

When the arrow strikes, I point out for Mangar to chase. Hopefully he still has the scent.

Mangar, tear out his throat!

And then follow as best I can, hammer and shield at the ready.
    They catch your eye and seem shaken.

"Please, do not take it the wrong way. We are humbled at how you treat him, and of his own remarkable powers. As I said, we were wrong to look down on him, and your culture."

Then the arrow hits and you all take off.

Tbc
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

26. - Top - End - #506

Mangar bolts off, on command. You give chase, running uphill. When you reach the top of the rise, you see the archer running across ankle deep wetlands, interspersed with hammocks (slightly higher, dry ground) on which grow gnarly, stunted pine trees. Mangar hasn't caught up to the nimble archer: he is a big dog, and weighed down by armor.

The highly skilled archer - there's no doubt it's him now- reaches a hammock and turns. He sees you, and you see him, and you share between you a bond of mutual loathing, and of joy.

For your warlike spirit now soars in the heights of hatred, and the object of your hatred poised before your eyes, close enough to touch, to dominate, to destroy or enslave. So near are you to this, that you feel loss.

These words drift down into your mind insidiously like the Murk, from the raven, Hrafnlyg, perched above you on a branch. He watches you, and his voiceless words continue:

You fear victory, for even then, each one of you will lose something today. For as you destroy the one you hate, you destroy your hatred, your passion. It is passion for hatred which a Celd can simply will him or herself back from death. Without hatred, your Mettle is a hammer without an anvil. You will proceed to Father's Shoulder with bored detachment, the death of the archer a mere memory. Like a seducer, your conquests give fleeting pleasure, yet you are ever thirsty.

Hrafnlyg disappears. The archer is ready. Roll initiative.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-08 at 03:58 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

27. - Top - End - #507

Initiative:

Highly skilled Archer (Hsa)
    Tessania
    Ior (supportive role, offers Help action to whoever wants it).
    Thorak
    Enuro
    Mangar (attacking unless ordered)
    Zorg (needs orders)

The Hsa takes a shot at Tessania from 100 feet away. His arrow hits the edge of Tessania's upper arm and passes clean through, doing 4 damage. The Hsa then leaps back and ducks into the shrubs on the hammock, out of sight. You know where he is, but you don't have line of sight.

Enuro is smart and capable, but as a Helvir he simply doesn't have as much combat experience as any of you Celds. He looks for guidance. "I can't throw my harpoon this far. Should I move in?"

Ior is an old fisherman, wise and toughened, but not a fighter. Though brave, he won't shy from fighting but all he has is his knife : no use at this range. He will lend his elders advice to someone to grant advantage to their attack roll instead.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-09 at 10:44 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Initiative:

Tessania
    Thorak
    Enuro
    Zorg (needs orders)

The Hsa takes a shot at Tessania from 100 feet away. His arrow hits the edge of Tessania's upper arm and passes clean through, doing 4 damage. The Hsa then leaps back and ducks into the shrubs on the hammock, out of sight. You know where he is, but you don't have line of sight.

Enuro is smart and capable, but as a Helvir he simply doesn't have as much combat experience as any of you Celds. He looks for guidance. "I can't throw my harpoon this far. Should I move in?"

Ior is an old fisherman, wise and toughened, but not a fighter. Though brave, he won't shy from fighting but all he has is his knife : no use at this range. He will lend his elders advice to someone to grant advantage to their attack roll instead.
    This coward should not take too long to deal with. Stay back, Ior. Enuro, move in and strike if you see an opening (Ready action to attack when the HSA reveals himself), the rest you know what to do!

I will charge the front. If he is a 100 feet away, I will take the Dash action (closing in 60 feet), but have my Javelin ready if need be. I assume Tessania will blast at a distance. Zorg and Mangar with me.

Is Laucien with us?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

29. - Top - End - #509

Enuro can't reach with his harpoon at this distance, so he advances but will stay in the rear with a readied action. Ior will go with him to support.

Laucien is watching the Waveraven back on shore.

Tessannia go
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

30. - Top - End - #510

SolithKnightGuy

Initiative:

Tessania
    Thorak
    Enuro
    Zorg (needs orders)

Tessanna preparing for the upcomming revenge, finishes her prepared "herb Jar" ritual, casting bless herself, Lucien and Thorak. (+1d4 to att, save for 10rounds)

EDIT: Tessanna shoots a scorching ray at HSA:
    1: 13+7 = 20 ; 8 fire dam
    2: 3+7 = 10 ; 7 fire dam
    3: 17+7 = 24 ; 12 fire dam
    And after that she move behind the others, she is tired of being a pincushion
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-05-16 at 05:46 PM.
    Show