New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Aegir

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Tessanna preparing for the upcomming revenge, finishes her prepared "herb Jar" ritual, casting bless herself, Lucien and Thorak. (+1d4 to att, save for 10rounds)

And after that she move behind the others, she is tired of being a pincushion
    I kinda went already (Dash), and I don't want to burn a spell yet.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    I kinda went already (Dash), and I don't want to burn a spell yet.
    Tessanna has edited her action.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

3. - Top - End - #513

You all splash through the mud and puddles to catch the Hsa. The land is low here, all black mud and small scattered puddles on which nothing but a few reeds grow. It's a wretched place, but dotted with small hammocks: areas of slightly higher, dry ground, like little mounds, on which various plants and trees vigorously compete to grow. You begin to see remnants of an old community. It seems like some long ago people tried to drain or divert the wetlands here, for an ancient practice called "farming." You all are now running through this boot sucking mud and odd man made wooden structures to catch the hated archer.

Mangar is in the lead. He crashes into the thick brush of the hammock looking for his prey. But The archer pops out just a few feet away ready to attack, seemingly unhindered by the dog. The archer aims his bow, but Tessania unleashes a readied spell. He screams as the fire bolts hit him. "Damn you, bitch!"

He recovers, and shoots Thorak twice, one going right to the thigh. 12 damage. Thoraks thigh begins to feel like it's freezing. The sensation spreads through his body, like the chill of a winter night relentlessly spreading, slowing him down. Slowing Poison!

Kord guards his faithful from such villainy, granting Thorak a high save. Thorak simply metabolizes the poison and converts it into more chest hair.

The archer ducks back into the brush, out of LOS. Running through the mud, Thorak, Tessania, Zorg, Enuro, and lastly the old Ior make it onto the thickly wooded hammock where the archer was hiding.

Mangar is caught in a trap. There is no sign of the archer, until the keen eyed Enuro spots him running away across the mud flats behind the hammock. He is fast! Already an unbelievable 120 feet away, tearing across the mud.

A high pitched wail is heard from the south. The Keening! Murk appears nearby - too near- and closes in rapidly towards you. You're on dry ground, no water to protect you from the Murk, and Mangar is tangled up in a net-like trap. Murk will arrive in less than 20 seconds. There's no way you can outrun it back to shore at this point, and the shallow puddles on the mud flats aren't substantial enough to stop the Murk. Around you are some trees, the ruins of a hut, and some of those old man made wooden structures all around out on the mud.

Actions!
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-21 at 07:59 AM.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

4. - Top - End - #514

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    You all splash through the mud and puddles to catch the Hsa. The land is low here, all black mud and small scattered puddles on which nothing but a few reeds grow. It's a wretched place, but dotted with small hammocks: areas of slightly higher, dry ground, like little mounds, on which various plants and trees vigorously compete to grow. You begin to see remnants of an old community. It seems like some long ago people tried to drain or divert the wetlands here, for an ancient practice called "farming." You all are now running through this boot sucking mud and odd man made wooden structures to catch the hated archer.

Mangar is in the lead. He crashes into the thick brush of the hammock looking for his prey. But The archer pops out just a few feet away ready to attack, seemingly unhindered by the dog. The archer aims his bow, but Tessania unleashes a readied spell. He screams as the fire bolts hit him. "Damn you, bitch!"

He recovers, and shoots Thorak twice, one going right to the thigh. 12 damage. Thoraks thigh begins to feel like it's freezing. The sensation spreads through his body, like the chill of a winter night relentlessly spreading, slowing him down. Slowing Poison!

Kord guards his faithful from such villainy, granting Thorak a high save. Thorak simply metabolizes the poison and converts it into more chest hair.

The archer ducks back into the brush, out of LOS. Running through the mud, Thorak, Tessania, Zorg, Enuro, and lastly the old Ior make it onto the thickly wooded hammock where the archer was hiding.

Mangar is caught in a trap. There is no sign of the archer, until the keen eyed Enuro spots him running away across the mud flats behind the hammock. He is fast! Already an unbelievable 120 feet away, tearing across the mud.

A high pitched wail is heard from the south. The Keening! Murk appears nearby - too near- and closes in rapidly towards you. You're on dry ground, no water to protect you from the Murk, and Mangar is tangled up in a net-like trap. Murk will arrive in less than 20 seconds. There's no way you can outrun it back to shore at this point, and the shallow puddles on the mud flats aren't substantial enough to stop the Murk. Around you are some trees, the ruins of a hut, and some of those old man made wooden structures all around out on the mud.

Actions!
    Where is lucien?
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515

Where is lucien?
    I have no idea. I guess back at the boat.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-21 at 04:44 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Actions!
    I will not leave Mangar behind, but direct everyone away from the Murk.

The Murk! Run! (pointing off into the opposite direction)

I use my action to free Manger and then use whatever move I have to keep pace with the group. Bonus Action for Healing word on myself for 4 HP. That 12 hurt.

I am a little off on the description. The Murk is coming from the south, but which direction is the archer in? Do we have to cease pursuit, or is he in the same direction that we would head in escaping the Murk?

If possible, I try to keep us in pursuit, but not if it means endangering anyone. How high is the Murk? Can we climb a tree or structure and let it pass under us, or is it too high?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

7. - Top - End - #517

I will not leave Mangar behind, but direct everyone away from the Murk.

The Murk! Run! (pointing off into the opposite direction)

I use my action to free Manger and then use whatever move I have to keep pace with the group. Bonus Action for Healing word on myself for 4 HP. That 12 hurt.

I am a little off on the description. The Murk is coming from the south, but which direction is the archer in? Do we have to cease pursuit, or is he in the same direction that we would head in escaping the Murk?

If possible, I try to keep us in pursuit, but not if it means endangering anyone. How high is the Murk? Can we climb a tree or structure and let it pass under us, or is it too high?
    Good questions. The archer is running eastward. The Murk approaches from the south, and at a speed which you can delay but can't ultimately outrun. The Murk can reach even the tallest trees. Imagine a tsunami.

Round 1

You hack at Mangar's bonds but the net is so convoluted and tangled, and Mangar thrashing in a state of agitation, that it's proving difficult. He's still not free.

"Sliver! Follow. Man." Enuro points at the archer as Sliver flies off his shoulder, high into the air. "Sliver will track him for us, let's free Mangar."

Tessania still has an action
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

8. - Top - End - #518

SolithKnightGuy

Good questions. The archer is running eastward. The Murk approaches from the south, and at a speed which you can delay but can't ultimately outrun. The Murk can reach even the tallest trees. Imagine a tsunami.

Round 1

You hack at Mangar's bonds but the net is so convoluted and tangled, and Mangar thrashing in a state of agitation, that it's proving difficult. He's still not free.

"Sliver! Follow. Man." Enuro points at the archer as Sliver flies off his shoulder, high into the air. "Sliver will track him for us, let's free Mangar."

Tessania still has an action
    Tessanna bless herself, Thorak and one of the others.

"we need to buy us as much time as possible."

And then she tries to replicate the sound Siegfried made and tried to teach her. (dunno if I need to make a roll)

While she "whistles" she moves away from the murk as far as she can.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-05-22 at 05:08 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519

Tessanna bless herself, Thorak and one of the others.

"we need to buy us as much time as possible."

And then she tries to replicate the sound Siegfried made and tried to teach her. (dunno if I need to make a roll)

While she "whistles" she moves away from the murk as far as she can.
    You try to replicate the sound, it wasn't so much a whistle as several frequencies simultaneously: a superhuman feat from a master of tones. You make a very similar sound, but it lacks the depth.

However, as you run out on the mud flats you get a change in perspective of the landscape. There is a purpose to these old structures, but you cant yet figure it out.

Round 2 (Murk arrives at the end of round 3).

Ior gently approaches Thorak. "I've worked with nets my whole life. The more this beast thrashes the worst he will get. I can remove the bonds, but someone has to calm him down."
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

10. - Top - End - #520

SolithKnightGuy

You try to replicate the sound, it wasn't so much a whistle as several frequencies simultaneously: a superhuman feat from a master of tones. You make a very similar sound, but it lacks the depth.

However, as you run out on the mud flats you get a change in perspective of the landscape. There is a purpose to these old structures, but you cant yet figure it out.

Ior gently approaches Thorak. "I've worked with nets my whole life. The more this beast thrashes the worst he will get. I can remove the bonds, but someone has to calm him down."
    Tessanna tries despite the rush to get a grasp of what those old structures.
    Intelligence roll plus mettle: 17+1 (int)+2 (mettle) = 20 if theres arcane or investigation its +2
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521

Tessanna tries despite the rush to get a grasp of what those old structures.
    Intelligence roll plus mettle: 17+1 (int)+2 (mettle) = 20 if theres arcane or investigation its +2
    You actually don't have Mettle as you used it to will yourself back to life. But the rolls are good.

You notice that there are channels of deeper water all around here, it's just that they're so full of sediment that they appear like the mud. Furthermore, you realize that the wooden structures obviously serve to hold back the water and divert it for reasons unknown to you. They are little dams, and very old and rotten. You clearly see two of these little dams are situated on the south side of the dry ground where your friends are standing (same direction, south, that the Murk is coming from).

The water held back by the little dikes should be adequate to deter the Murk. There is a channel near you, so you are safe simply by jumping in. But if your friends try to run to a channel, they may not make it in time, especially if they delay in order to free Mangar.

Ooc: if you were Dutch rather than Danish...
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

12. - Top - End - #522

SolithKnightGuy

You actually don't have Mettle as you used it to will yourself back to life. But the rolls are good.

You notice that there are channels of deeper water all around here, it's just that they're so full of sediment that they appear like the mud. Furthermore, you realize that the wooden structures obviously serve to hold back the water and divert it for reasons unknown to you. They are little dams, and very old and rotten. You clearly see two of these little dams are situated on the south side of the dry ground where your friends are standing (same direction, south, that the Murk is coming from).

The water held back by the little dikes should be adequate to deter the Murk. There is a channel near you, so you are safe simply by jumping in. But if your friends try to run to a channel, they may not make it in time, especially if they delay in order to free Mangar.

Ooc: if you were Dutch rather than Danish...
    Tessanna shouts to the others to move within these ditches, and that I believe they are safe zones. And then: You may have to leave Mangar and save your self. The Murk doesn't normally attack animals and lower intelligent creatures, he may be safe and survive, we won't
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thorak nods to Ior.

Understood

With a loud, but calming voice, as best I can, Thorak puts his hands over Manger, utilizing firm pressure to try to soothe him.

Easy! Easy...

12 plus Cha I suppose, so 13 total. If this is a Wis check, add 1 more (14).
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

14. - Top - End - #524

Thorak nods to Ior.

Understood

With a loud, but calming voice, as best I can, Thorak puts his hands over Manger, utilizing firm pressure to try to soothe him.

Easy! Easy...

12 plus Cha I suppose, so 13 total. If this is a Wis check, add 1 more (14).
    The Murk is just a stones throw away, a vast black silence now stretching ever wider as it approaches. Fighting primal fear, you soothe Mangar.

Mangar settles down, but watches Ior, who cautiously approaches with his old gutting knife. As Ior reaches out to cut the bonds, Mangar lunges like a 200 pound viper, and would have removed Ior's hand in that moment if unrestrained. Enuro laughs nervously at Ior, who fell on his ass.

Zorg holds Mangar's head facing you this time as you resettle him. The Murk is too close for these delays! Ior's clouded eyes study the net for a moment, identifying exactly where to cut. You watch his hands, bent with arthritis, cut the bonds as easily as you would cut through a spider web. Mangar is free, showing neither gratitude nor hostility to Ior. Enuro cries out in dismay. "It's here!"

Round 3!
    There are two flimsy dikes on the south side of the dry land, holding back precious water, while dry channels run along either side of the patch of land you're on. If you double move, you can reach the water on the other side of the dykes, but that would mean you have to take the insane, gut wrenching decision to run toward the Murk, contrary to all instinct.

Tessania is too far east to reach the south channels, but there is one close to her, 20 feet further east, she can just jump in and be safe.

Actions!
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

15. - Top - End - #525

SolithKnightGuy

The Murk is just a stones throw away, a vast black silence now stretching ever wider as it approaches. Fighting primal fear, you soothe Mangar.

Mangar settles down, but watches Ior, who cautiously approaches with his old gutting knife. As Ior reaches out to cut the bonds, Mangar lunges like a 200 pound viper, and would have removed Ior's hand in that moment if unrestrained. Enuro laughs nervously at Ior, who fell on his ass.

Zorg holds Mangar's head facing you this time as you resettle him. The Murk is too close for these delays! Ior's clouded eyes study the net for a moment, identifying exactly where to cut. You watch his hands, bent with arthritis, cut the bonds as easily as you would cut through a spider web. Mangar is free, showing neither gratitude nor hostility to Ior. Enuro cries out in dismay. "It's here!"

Round 3!
    There are two flimsy dikes on the south side of the dry land, holding back precious water, while dry channels run along either side of the patch of land you're on. If you double move, you can reach the water on the other side of the dykes, but that would mean you have to take the insane, gut wrenching decision to run toward the Murk, contrary to all instinct.

Tessania is too far east to reach the south channels, but there is one close to her, 20 feet further east, she can just jump in and be safe.

Actions!
    how far apart are we? And I envisioned that Tessanna is standing within the borders of one of those dyke "circles" effectively protecting her from the Murk washing over her. And perhaps that the rest would be able to reach where she is before the murk came... perhaps only if they left Mangar alone. Can Tessanna reach the other dyke?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526

how far apart are we? And I envisioned that Tessanna is standing within the borders of one of those dyke "circles" effectively protecting her from the Murk washing over her. And perhaps that the rest would be able to reach where she is before the murk came... perhaps only if they left Mangar alone. Can Tessanna reach the other dyke?
    The dyke isn't circular, it's more linear. Ooc, for you to get a better picture, This was done for the purposes of irrigation, but your tribe is not familiar with farming.

Theyre closer to the south dike than they are to yours (East dike).

Yes, standing in your dike you should be safe... It's 5 feet deep of water and 10 feet across.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

17. - Top - End - #527

OK cool. Tessania jumps in the east dike. Thorak guides the rest, confidently leading the group towards the Murk, jumping into the south dikes just in time for the Murk to wash past. Tendrils of it lash out at you over the water, but you duck your heads and hold your breath.

It passes, and moves on northwards.

You regroup at the east dike and follow it eastwards, where Sliver can be seen circling overhead about 1/4 mile away. The land steadily rises here, the ground dry and green with shrubs and juniper. You follow a creek to a small but vigorous waterfall at the base of a 30 foot cliff which spreads out to your left and right.

Water erosion has carved small open grottoes along the cliff base, with beams of sun from holes in the ceiling illuminating vines and hardy cold tolerant flowers, teeming with fish and water lilies in the knee deep water. Healthy tall trees in the peak of summer dot the area. It's a beautiful place for ugly work.

Sliver keeps circling this area. Mangar stiffens and growls. The Hsa is around here somewhere, hiding. You are taking cover behind a Boulder, looking at this scene. The Hsa is a master of ambush, so plan accordingly.

Ior: "To catch the most elusive fish, we use their speed against them...Learn their patterns... They trap themselves."

Enuro: "But big, dangerous fish you have to attack directly, with a spear. There's lots of places here for him to hide, forget it."

Ior: "Lots of places here for us to hide, too."

They begin to argue about tactics. Ultimately, the decision lies with one of you. Direct attack or subtle strategy? The Hsa is clever and sneaky. Make a good plan!

Spoiler: ???
    Show

There's no right or wrong way to this encounter... Dont over plan it.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-27 at 07:16 AM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OK cool. Tessania jumps in the east dike. Thorak guides the rest, confidently leading the group towards the Murk, jumping into the south dikes just in time for the Murk to wash past. Tendrils of it lash out at you over the water, but you duck your heads and hold your breath.

It passes, and moves on northwards.

You regroup at the east dike and follow it eastwards, where Sliver can be seen circling overhead about 1/4 mile away. The land steadily rises here, the ground dry and green with shrubs and juniper. You follow a creek to a small but vigorous waterfall at the base of a 30 foot cliff which spreads out to your left and right.

Water erosion has carved small open grottoes along the cliff base, with beams of sun from holes in the ceiling illuminating vines and hardy cold tolerant flowers, teeming with fish and water lilies in the knee deep water. Healthy tall trees in the peak of summer dot the area. It's a beautiful place for ugly work.

Sliver keeps circling this area. Mangar stiffens and growls. The Hsa is around here somewhere, hiding. You are taking cover behind a Boulder, looking at this scene. The Hsa is a master of ambush, so plan accordingly.

Ior: "To catch the most elusive fish, we use their speed against them...Learn their patterns... They trap themselves."

Enuro: "But big, dangerous fish you have to attack directly, with a spear. There's lots of places here for him to hide, forget it."

Ior: "Lots of places here for us to hide, too."

They begin to argue about tactics. Ultimately, the decision lies with one of you. Direct attack or subtle strategy? The Hsa is clever and sneaky. Make a good plan!

Spoiler: ???
    Show

There's no right or wrong way to this encounter... Dont over plan it.
    Why choose when we can attempt both. Mangar and Zorg with me. We meet him head on. Everyone else, get to a better position. He too saw the Murk and does not know which of us is still alive. If he sees us alone, he may conclude that we are the lone survivors. Then you get the jump on him. Let's go.

I advance and have my weapons ready, calling out to the coward.

Nowhere to run now. You are out-manned. We will make your death painless. Come out of hiding and face us!

Ready an action to cast Shield of Faith on anyone he may target with a surprise attack (+2 AC).
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

19. - Top - End - #529

Why choose when we can attempt both. Mangar and Zorg with me. We meet him head on. Everyone else, get to a better position. He too saw the Murk and does not know which of us is still alive. If he sees us alone, he may conclude that we are the lone survivors. Then you get the jump on him. Let's go.

I advance and have my weapons ready, calling out to the coward.

Nowhere to run now. You are out-manned. We will make your death painless. Come out of hiding and face us!

Ready an action to cast Shield of Faith on anyone he may target with a surprise attack (+2 AC).
    (During this round)The HSA's voice comes down from over the cliff above you. "I have no quarrel with you, son of Thrym. Where is the evil child?"
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-27 at 07:09 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(During this round)The HSA's voice comes down from over the cliff above you. "I have no quarrel with you, son of Thrym. Where is the evil child?"
    OOC: Am I son of Thrym? Do I know of an evil child?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

21. - Top - End - #531

OOC: Am I son of Thrym? Do I know of an evil child?
    All news to you. Per your background you likely never knew WHO. IS. THE FATHER!
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-05-29 at 08:28 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

22. - Top - End - #532

SolithKnightGuy

It takes a while before it dawns on Tessanna what the man means with evil child. How rude! She mumbles to herself.

She realise that they are trying to kill each other and both nearly succeeded, so a grudge would be understandable from both parts...

Then with a louder voice as an answer
    This particular situation aside, how do you dare calling me evil? What do you want from me, and if its only my death, care do explain why?

She tries to listen for some precise direction of the voice in order to figure out his position. Tessanna takes great care to keep a full cover from the HSA and if an arrow hits she is readying a shield spell.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-05-30 at 12:15 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533

It takes a while before it dawns on Tessanna what the man means with evil child. How rude! She mumbles to herself.

She realise that they are trying to kill each other and both nearly succeeded, so a grudge would be understandable from both parts...

Then with a louder voice as an answer
    This particular situation aside, how do you dare calling me evil? What do you want from me, and if its only my death, care do explain why?

She tries to listen for some precise direction of the voice in order to figure out his position. Tessanna takes great care to keep a full cover from the HSA and if an arrow hits she is readying a shield spell.
    "Aha! You yet live. The Murk wont steal my vengeance. Come out of hiding. I'll be eager to answer your questions."

You pinpoint his voice behind one of two cover points on the cliff edge:

A. A giant hollow log with holes to shoot from cover.
    B. A Boulder with thick vegetation growing on it.

Note that he will have advantage on attacks from elevation if he sees you.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

24. - Top - End - #534

Enuro whispers, "Tessania, I thought the plan was to make him think Thorak and Zorg were the only survivors. Do you want me to try and sneak around and flank him?"

Ior whispers: "I can set a trap. Ropes and nets are all I've ever known. He won't escape my craft. Though I'm old, don't deny me the honor of taking part in capturing this murderer, Tessania."
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

25. - Top - End - #535

SolithKnightGuy

Enuro whispers, "Tessania, I thought the plan was to make him think Thorak and Zorg were the only survivors. Do you want me to try and sneak around and flank him?"

Ior whispers: "I can set a trap. Ropes and nets are all I've ever known. He won't escape my craft. Though I'm old, don't deny me the honor of taking part in capturing this murderer, Tessania."
    OOG: ups, didnt realise that was the plan, sorry

how far away are those places? (Btw remember I have bless running on me, Thorak and one of the npc's, think its 2 rounds ago I cast it, let me know if we are out of round combat)

"yes you are very welcome to try and capture him. And a flank is a good idea. If by any chance you can get him within 30ft that would be good"

Tessanna make sure to tug herself even further behind her cover now that she realise he has high ground. Perhaps even move a bit to another spot if possible without getting out from behind cover... if she succeeds in moving to a different location she will try and hide a bit. Stealth = 19+4 = 23
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

how far away are those places? (Btw remember I have bless running on me, Thorak and one of the npc's, think its 2 rounds ago I cast it, let me know if we are out of round combat)

"yes you are very welcome to try and capture him. And a flank is a good idea. If by any chance you can get him within 30ft that would be good"

Tessanna make sure to tug herself even further behind her cover now that she realise he has high ground. Perhaps even move a bit to another spot if possible without getting out from behind cover... if she succeeds in moving to a different location she will try and hide a bit. Stealth = 19+4 = 23
    I stick with the plan and proceed cautiously, gesturing for Zorg and Mangar to encircle the area where I think he may be. Continue to ready my action to Dodge.

I know not of what you speak. Both to who my father is... or was... or the evil child. Care to elaborate?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

27. - Top - End - #537

I stick with the plan and proceed cautiously, gesturing for Zorg and Mangar to encircle the area where I think he may be. Continue to ready my action to Dodge.

I know not of what you speak. Both to who my father is... or was... or the evil child. Care to elaborate?

Not so easy. He is above you on a cliff, which stretches a ways to either side of you. Mangar and Zorg would have to go around or over the cliff to flank him. They can do that, but As Zorg is in plain view along with you, the HSA will notice that they're trying to do some maneuver or other.

However, you have kept an eye on your other allies and are aware that Enuro and Ior have sneaked off and are en route to flanking from the left side. Tessania has sneaked along under the cliff, and is holed up in one of the grottoes now.

"I'll elaborate when I see your slave spirit serving me in the halls of eternal feasting and fighting!" He pops out of cover and shoots you for 6, even though your dodge canceled his advantage. You can take cover behind the log (up to 100 % cover), or deliberately stay in the open like a G, giving advantage to the next intimidation check.

If you scan the area more closely, you may notice additional tactical positions and features of this area.

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show

Off to the right, you see some cracks in the cliff wall that would make an easy climb, bypassing having to walk all the way around the cliff to flank the HSA. What's more, thick vines hang down from branches overhead, obscuring line of sight to the HSA in that area.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-06-02 at 01:58 AM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

28. - Top - End - #538

You sneak around the left side (refer to diagram) and into the left Grotto. The noise of the waterfall obscures your sounds, helping you sneak.

The grotto is a pretty place, vines and bromeliads line the walls, vivid green and purple mosses drape the sides. A shallow pool of cool water is in the center, with a tiny little waterfall inside, beaming a sun ray.

You look up, and see that this little waterfall carved a borehole straight through to the surface if the cliff, hence the beam of sunlight. You catch a flash of a cloak and a trail of dust trickles down the hole.

The Hsa is hiding right there! You can hear him shouting down at Thorak. You can't see him from here, but you can tell that if you come out of that hole, you'll be right behind him with a surprise attack.

But that's risky. The hole is tight, youll have to crawl/climb 30 feet, taking you 2 rounds, you'll effectively be restrained while climbing through that tunnel, so if he catches you down there, you're defenseless. This is a high risk/high reward tactic. Alternatively, you can try something else.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

29. - Top - End - #539

SolithKnightGuy

You sneak around the left side (refer to diagram) and into the left Grotto. The noise of the waterfall obscures your sounds, helping you sneak.

The grotto is a pretty place, vines and bromeliads line the walls, vivid green and purple mosses drape the sides. A shallow pool of cool water is in the center, with a tiny little waterfall inside, beaming a sun ray.

You look up, and see that this little waterfall carved a borehole straight through to the surface if the cliff, hence the beam of sunlight. You catch a flash of a cloak and a trail of dust trickles down the hole.

The Hsa is hiding right there! You can hear him shouting down at Thorak. You can't see him from here, but you can tell that if you come out of that hole, you'll be right behind him with a surprise attack.

But that's risky. The hole is tight, youll have to crawl/climb 30 feet, taking you 2 rounds, you'll effectively be restrained while climbing through that tunnel, so if he catches you down there, you're defenseless. This is a high risk/high reward tactic. Alternatively, you can try something else.
    OOG: what benefits will Tessanna have from a surprice like this?

Tessanna feel her inner voices must have guided her to make this particular choice of hiding place, and that this opportunity must be taken. She may wait in hiding at the mouth of the hole untill the others attack the HSA or she may attack when she crawl out. But up the rabbit hole she climbs :)

Climb check (athletics): 12+4(bless) = 16
    Stealth: 14+4 (bless)+4 = 22
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540

OOG: what benefits will Tessanna have from a surprice like this?

Tessanna feel her inner voices must have guided her to make this particular choice of hiding place, and that this opportunity must be taken. She may wait in hiding at the mouth of the hole untill the others attack the HSA or she may attack when she crawl out. But up the rabbit hole she climbs :)

Climb check (athletics): 12+4(bless) = 16
    Stealth: 14+4 (bless)+4 = 22
    You crawl up the wet, claustrophobic tunnel, the voice of the HSA shouting and firing arrows at Thorak grow louder. Thorak is effectively distracting him, making your checks easier.

You peep over the hole. Youre in position. You see Enuro and Ior hiding in the brush, signalling you that a trap is set. Now you're just waiting for Thorak's team...
    Show

-Fort Knox safe