New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

Laucien throws his hands up in the air, completely bewildered. "Aah! Zorg! Great job buddy!" He slaps him on the back and (barely) helps haul him into the boat. We can't bring this deer home like this... but... He draws a dagger and starts cutting off all the charred bits of deer, handing them to Zorg. "Zorg, buddy, you've earned this. Eat up! Crispy skin!"

He sits down and glances between Thorak and Tessana, half hoping nobody speaks.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    Laucien throws his hands up in the air, completely bewildered. "Aah! Zorg! Great job buddy!" He slaps him on the back and (barely) helps haul him into the boat. We can't bring this deer home like this... but... He draws a dagger and starts cutting off all the charred bits of deer, handing them to Zorg. "Zorg, buddy, you've earned this. Eat up! Crispy skin!"

He sits down and glances between Thorak and Tessana, half hoping nobody speaks.
    Automatic success on deception. Gain 1 favor from Syrul, Goddess of lies.

Zorg looks like he's seen a miracle. "CRISPY SKIN NO FIRE HOW BECOME CRISPY I DON'T KNOW BIG SURPRISE HAPPY TIME HAPPY TIME!" He eats the crisps and for all intents and purposes, can die happy on the spot.

I rolled survival for you. You manage to trim the burns off with minimal waste. Now there's a big meaty hole on the deer. Still looks strange, but better than a burnt hole.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 01:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Automatic success on deception. Gain 1 favor from Syrul, Goddess of lies.

Zorg looks like he's seen a miracle. "CRISPY SKIN NO FIRE HOW BECOME CRISPY I DON'T KNOW BIG SURPRISE HAPPY TIME HAPPY TIME!" He eats the crisps and for all intents and purposes, can die happy on the spot.

I rolled survival for you. You manage to trim the burns off with minimal waste. Now there's a big meaty hole on the deer. Still looks strange, but better than a burnt hole.
    Haha excellent😆 yea I wondered if it would become a problem with the charred deer 😁
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

4. - Top - End - #94

SolithKnightGuy

Tessanna: drenched freezing and miserable. A sudden realisation hit her. With a panic look on her face, she grabs her bag and pulls out her book to assess the water damage. Luckily it seems to have taken only minimal water damage
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Tessanna: drenched freezing and miserable. A sudden realisation hit her. With a panic look on her face, she grabs her bag and pulls out her book to assess the water damage. Luckily it seems to have taken only minimal water damage
    The pages are made of leather, paper being a rare luxury. The ink is oil based, making this book water resistant.

6. - Top - End - #96

You're all freezing. Luckily home is a 10 minute boat ride where you can warm up and avoid getting hypothermia.

The healthier clans folk cheer and praise your arrival. The priest paints your faces with victorious symbology.

You are on the docks now. Though thrilled, theyre all wondering about the big hole in the deer. What do you say? Whatever lie you tell is about to be repeated all through the village, so choose words with care.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 03:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"CRISPY SKIN AWRW!" Zorg leaps out of the Murk three seconds after being enveloped, covered in blood, plunging into the lake grinning broadly despite somehow acquiring lacerations and burns all over his body. His face has three rows of horizontal slashes going from nose to ear, the scars which will remain to the end of his days.

You're not sure how he is alive. Perhaps because he was only at the very edge for a moment. Yet in three seconds he acquired all these injuries with no discernible cause.

You haul him up onto the boats. The Murk has grown colossal, hundreds of feet wide, lingering across the entire west shore, seeming to watch you with casual hostility. It is an eerie sight.

You grab the other boat safely. As you're rowing back home, you realize a fatal flaw in your hunt.

From Tessania firebolt, The deer has a charred, tunneled burnt hole in its body from rib to heart. It would be obvious to anyone other than Zorg that it is of unnatural origin...
    Shocked, I do my best to help Zorg aboard.

’Tis a miracle, no doubt! Zorg is not lost!

Many Pats on the back and manly embraces later, I assess the situation.

Zorg, do you remember what you saw in the Murk? What did this to you?

I look at the deer with suspicion.

Foul sorcery is afoot! This deer is most unnatural. I fear this may not be suitable to feast upon. We must inform the shaman at once!

I then address the rest of the group regarding magic. Zorg is exempt here.

I saw what you both did on the island. Fire and lightning spawning from your fingertips! I too hold a secret beyond what I have been blessed with by Kord. We would surely be punished for being emdowed with such abilities. I would ask how you came about such abilities. I also that we form a pact to protect each other’s secret. I have no doubt that the work of the gods is afoot and ‘tis no coincidence that we have crossed paths!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You're all freezing. Luckily home is a 10 minute boat ride where you can warm up and avoid getting hypothermia.

The healthier clans folk cheer and praise your arrival. The priest paints your faces with victorious symbology.

You are on the docks now. Though thrilled, theyre all wondering about the big hole in the deer. What do you say? Whatever lie you tell is about to be repeated all through the village, so choose words with care.
    I would discuss the lie we tell. Though I’d rather not lie if we can help it.

The shaman must know of Zorg’s emvelopment in the Murk... he must be examined... the deer as well. Feasting on such a “prize” may be a deceit most high! We should not put our people in danger.

My demeanor has shifted to being overly worried over mourning. I am highly suspicious of this Murk and what effect it may have on life.

9. - Top - End - #99

"I DON'T KNOW DIDN'T FEEL NOTHING HEARD NOTHING COULDN'T SEE.

CRISPY SKIN CRUNCHY BONES CHEWY FAT WE GET FAT STRONG HAPPY FRIEND TIME BIG."

Either he doesn't feel pain or he's too excited to notice his 3rd degree burns and lacerations. Same goes for the conversation about magic you're having.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 05:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Shocked, I do my best to help Zorg aboard.

’Tis a miracle, no doubt! Zorg is not lost!

Many Pats on the back and manly embraces later, I assess the situation.

Zorg, do you remember what you saw in the Murk? What did this to you?

I look at the deer with suspicion.

Foul sorcery is afoot! This deer is most unnatural. I fear this may not be suitable to feast upon. We must inform the shaman at once!

I then address the rest of the group regarding magic. Zorg is exempt here.

I saw what you both did on the island. Fire and lightning spawning from your fingertips! I too hold a secret beyond what I have been blessed with by Kord. We would surely be punished for being emdowed with such abilities. I would ask how you came about such abilities. I also that we form a pact to protect each other’s secret. I have no doubt that the work of the gods is afoot and ‘tis no coincidence that we have crossed paths!

I have always been able to do this. But never really had to, before today. For a long time I thought it was evil, but Ive come to realise that I decide what I want to use it for!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

SolithKnightGuy

I would discuss the lie we tell. Though I’d rather not lie if we can help it.

The shaman must know of Zorg’s emvelopment in the Murk... he must be examined... the deer as well. Feasting on such a “prize” may be a deceit most high! We should not put our people in danger.

My demeanor has shifted to being overly worried over mourning. I am highly suspicious of this Murk and what effect it may have on life.
    If questioned as to why theres a hole in the deer: Great Hunger of Zorg the Great had to be sated and FAST!
    Deception: 13+3+5= 21
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If questioned as to why theres a hole in the deer: Great Hunger of Zorg the Great had to be sated and FAST!
    Deception: 13+3+5= 21
    Yes, we all must forge our own path. I feel that our paths, howeber, may carry greater sigmificants than any one us had intended.

What of you, elf?

Referring to Tessana’s deception:

I will not willingly deceive our people. I believe that the Murk has tainted this deer. It is not safe to eat. As for Zorg, he needs to be seen by the high priest. That is where I stand. I will not bring ruin to our clan.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-10 at 08:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Hold on, discuss what you're going to say among yourselves beforehand. Once everyone posts at least once and a concensus is made ill proceed with the scene.

Fyi: the hole in the deer is in its rib cage, adjacent to its heart. About 10 inches in diameter, it penetrates uniformly straight into the heart. Half the heart had to be scooped out. This means that almost no edible meat was lost. It still appears like a bizarre injury and not something that can occur from a mere bite.

You already know that although animals panic at the Murk, the Murk never seems to chase animals the way it does people. And there are reports of animals passing unharmed through it.

The priest would definitely be able to tell if the animal is safe to eat or not and would be very interested in Zorg's unprecedented experience. You've known him your whole life and he has never done wrong to anyone.

Spoiler: The Priest
    Show

Priest Frode Bjornsson is one of the oldest Celd alive, overseeing the spiritual matters of three generations of clansmen. Despite his age and being blind in one eye, he is fairly energetic and has not caught the plague, likely because he spends less time in close proximity to others in ministering to the spirit world.

Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 08:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

SolithKnightGuy

Yes, we all must forge our own path. I feel that our paths, howeber, may carry greater sigmificants than any one us had intended.

What of you, elf?

Referring to Tessana’s deception:

I will not willingly deceive our people. I believe that the Murk has tainted this deer. It is not safe to eat. As for Zorg, he needs to be seen by the high priest. That is where I stand. I will not bring ruin to our clan.
    Thats fair enough, lets have someone look him over, I was referring to the hole in the deer, but I honestly doesnt think the murk has tainted the deer, all game we have eaten throughout the years could have been touched by the murk

EDIT: perhaps we should carve up the deer before bringing it into town
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2017-11-10 at 08:54 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thats fair enough, lets have someone look him over, I was referring to the hole in the deer, but I honestly doesnt think the murk has tainted the deer, all game we have eaten throughout the years could have been touched by the murk

EDIT: perhaps we should carve up the deer before bringing it into town
    It has to be in tact for it to be properly inspected.

With or without the rest on board, I approach the high priest, preferably in private:

I have an odd feeling about this meat. This injury looks supernatural in nature and not something that would befall typical game. If it is the case that the Murk cares not for creatures of the wild, so be it, but I fear the worst. If there is to be a feast tonight. I will not partake. I mean no disrespect, but would rather be alone in prayer. I stand watch for any activity from the rival tribe.

16. - Top - End - #106

It has to be in tact for it to be properly inspected.

With or without the rest on board, I approach the high priest, preferably in private:

I have an odd feeling about this meat. This injury looks supernatural in nature and not something that would befall typical game. If it is the case that the Murk cares not for creatures of the wild, so be it, but I fear the worst. If there is to be a feast tonight. I will not partake. I mean no disrespect, but would rather be alone in prayer. I stand watch for any activity from the rival tribe.
    Hold on. So what's it going to be?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien dreads his arrival at home. The shore has the greatest evil he has ever felt, but home will have questions that Laucien has no answers for, and certainly no energy to answer... He wishes he could stay in the boat just a while longer, but he readies his bravest face and deboards the vessel.

"We return, and with dinner thanks to our heroic Zork!"

His initial plan is to slip off quietly with some deer, but if people are asking questions...

"Oh, the hole? Well lemme tell you the whole thing... I snuck around back to get a clean shot on the deer... meanwhile Tessana's on the other side of the ridge, lighting up a flaming arrow! I dunno what she was thinking but it worked! She felled the deer in one shot, but it rolled down the hill. I'm ready to go grab this thing when ten zombies come out of the woods to snatch our meal! Then the dog comes outta nowhere, kills a zombie, and sprints back over the hill with all the zombies following it! I managed to fell a few, Tessa did a great job, all the while Thorak and Zork are just ruining this ogre on the shore... they take it down, and Zork just grabs the deer like it's nothing, hauls it back to the boat! Then the murk showed up... we're all paralyzed with fear, Zork handled it like a true champion! We thought he wasn't gonna make it, after he dumped us in the water he and the deer got swallowed by the murk... pops out a few seconds later, still toting the deer! Gave him a little victory snack on the way home, he's earned it."

He hopes the sheer craziness of the experience will be enough to drown out the one lie about the "arrow." Hopefully nobody saw anything from this distance...

"Lets get this deer on the fire! Crispy skin, yeah! Lets get me near a fire too, I'm freezing! We'll go back and get your axe tomorrow, how bout that?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Laucien dreads his arrival at home. The shore has the greatest evil he has ever felt, but home will have questions that Laucien has no answers for, and certainly no energy to answer... He wishes he could stay in the boat just a while longer, but he readies his bravest face and deboards the vessel.

His initial plan is to slip off quietly with some deer, but if people are asking questions...

"Oh, the hole? Well lemme tell you the whole thing... I snuck around back to get a clean shot on the deer... meanwhile Tessana's on the other side of the ridge, lighting up a flaming arrow! I dunno what she was thinking but it worked! She felled the deer in one shot, but it rolled down the hill. I'm ready to go grab this thing when ten zombies come out of the woods to snatch our meal! Then the dog comes outta nowhere, kills a zombie, and sprints back over the hill with all the zombies following it! I managed to fell a few, Tessa did a great job, all the while Thorak and Zork are just ruining this ogre on the shore... they take it down, and Zork just grabs the deer like it's nothing, hauls it back to the boat! Then the murk showed up... we're all paralyzed with fear, Zork handled it like a true champion! We thought he wasn't gonna make it, after he dumped us in the water he and the deer got swallowed by the murk... pops out a few seconds later, still toting the deer! Gave him a little victory snack on the way home, he's earned it."

He hopes the sheer craziness of the experience will be enough to drown out the one lie about the "arrow." Hopefully nobody saw anything from this distance...

"Lets get this deer on the fire! Crispy skin, yeah! Lets get me near a fire too, I'm freezing! We'll go back and get your axe tomorrow, how bout that?"
    I listen in on the story, nodding along...

I feel pretty crummy about being deceitful. I will not voice my thoughts aloud, but rather speak to the priest in private to address my concerns.

19. - Top - End - #109

SolithKnightGuy

Tessanna is sitting next to the dog, scratching it behind its ear as Lucien tell the tale. When he mentions the dog, and all eyes are on that Tessanna gives it a big hug, confirming Luciens tale.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2017-11-10 at 01:16 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

They furrow their brows doubtfully.

"Why would you go through the bother of cracking through the ribs? You'll ruin your steel."

"So they wouldn't waste the choice cuts on the dimwit, of course. Very wise."

"CRISPY CRUNCHY GOOD!" Zorg confirms. Having thus corroborated the story, the clan accepts this tale.

You visit the priest in his hut. Incense wafts, while you bump into multitudes of trinkets and symbols.

Priest: "This deer is not tainted and is safe to consume. I do detect an odd residue, but it isn't from the Murk. I wonder what it may be?" He glances at Tessania with a half smile. "No one will ever know."

"Let me look at Zorg. So often underestimated. You see, the gods give with one hand. What Zorg lacks he is compensated for. Hopefully, you can stand his company. He is his own worst enemy, and could use wiser heads to keep him out of trouble.

The reason he survived the Murk is because of the Penumbra. Think of the outer layer of the Murk as being diluted or thin. Zorg survived because he was only in the Penumbral region.

What does interest me is how he was un affected by the Keening. I have never seen that before. Animals are unaffected by the Keening, but they panic nonetheless.

However, you all now have a blessing of sorts. If you hear the Keening and live, you will evermore have a degree of resistance to it.

Perhaps Zorg really is too stupid to succumb to it. However, I prefer to think that it's because he is gifted in some way. I will place ointments on his wounds. On your way Zorg, enjoy your feast. "

" FEAST BIG HAPPY TIME! "

" Yes. Perhaps we should all be as cheerful. Goodbye. "

(continued next post)
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 07:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

A feast begins, in the longhouse, much less lively than usual because of the state of the clan. Coughs and groans often interrupt the merriments. Nonetheless, the hardy Celd rally at the sacred tradition, and after enough hokvannen (seaweed and shellfish liquor *1) and nourishment from fresh meat they forget their aching bodies and lift their spirits.

Friendly trash talking matches ensue. There is no fighting and very little fornication as no one has the energy. A few younger, unmarried clans folk eye you lasciviously, as heroes of the evening, perhaps you have your way with them at some point.

Chief Hagar the half giant rises weakly, his wild red head reaching almost halfway up the 20 foot ceiling. Even so sick his aura is imposing. The wild clan falls silent. Goosebumps rise on your skin.

"My shame at my Ill and useless state is now outmatched by pride, for a clan that raises fierce cubs will live on strong.

The meat from this deer will give many of us strength to last into summer, where food is bountiful. The clan will survive, because of four cubs who made war on the dead, an ogre, The Murk, and even the Keening." The clan whispers in awe at this.

" We will award the cubs suitable arms to continue their wars and decimate their enemies, and cause their kin to grieve for many seasons. For it is said that to the spirits of our ancestors, the sound of sobbing families of our dead enemies is like sweet, soothing music 2*.

To Laucien we give a
    Spoiler: Celd War Bow
    Show
    Treat a 1 as a 2 on first damage dice.

To Tessania, a
    Spoiler: Runic Bone Staff
    Show
    Made for you by the priest. Treat 1 as a 2 on first damage die of cantrips.

To Thorak, a
    Spoiler: Runic Bone Warhammer
    Show
    Made by the priest for you, treat a 1 as 2 on defense and buff cantrips and first die of Cure spells

Zorg, though he has half your wits, is double your strength and courage. He is as much Celd as any of you, and more than some. He will be respected and held in high esteem, and serve as an example to us all. He deserves a weapon befitting his status. We give him a greataxe forged by Sigurd Olafsson.

Feast, earn favor, gain mettle, embrace war, seek peace."

Gain 1 mettle. Advance to level 2.

If you don't like your reward I can edit it for something equivalent.

Spoiler: 1* Fun Fact
    Show

There is no farmland to grow barley, grapes, or hops. Liquor is made from choice seaweed and select shellfish and mollusks. It probably tastes exactly like you think it does.

Spoiler: 2* Fun Fact
    Show

Your clan is not very nice.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-10 at 07:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A feast begins, in the longhouse, much less lively than usual because of the state of the clan. Coughs and groans often interrupt the merriments. Nonetheless, the hardy Celd rally at the sacred tradition, and after enough hokvannen (seaweed and shellfish liquor *1) and nourishment from fresh meat they forget their aching bodies and lift their spirits.

Friendly trash talking matches ensue. There is no fighting and very little fornication as no one has the energy. A few younger, unmarried clans folk eye you lasciviously, as heroes of the evening, perhaps you have your way with them at some point.

Chief Hagar the half giant rises weakly, his wild red head reaching almost halfway up the 20 foot ceiling. Even so sick his aura is imposing. The wild clan falls silent. Goosebumps rise on your skin.

"My shame at my Ill and useless state is now outmatched by pride, for a clan that raises fierce cubs will live on strong.

The meat from this deer will give many of us strength to last into summer, where food is bountiful. The clan will survive, because of four cubs who made war on the dead, an ogre, The Murk, and even the Keening." The clan whispers in awe at this.

" We will award the cubs suitable arms to continue their wars and decimate their enemies, and cause their kin to grieve for many seasons. For it is said that to the spirits of our ancestors, the sound of sobbing families of our dead enemies is like sweet, soothing music 2*.

To Laucien we give a
    Spoiler: Celd War Bow
    Show
    Treat a 1 as a 2 on first damage dice.

To Tessania, a
    Spoiler: Runic Bone Staff
    Show
    Made for you by the priest. Treat 1 as a 2 on first damage die of cantrips.

To Thorak, a
    Spoiler: Runic Bone Warhammer
    Show
    Made by the priest for you, treat a 1 as 2 on defense and buff cantrips and first die of Cure spells

Zorg, though he has half your wits, is double your strength and courage. He is as much Celd as any of you, and more than some. He will be respected and held in high esteem, and serve as an example to us all. He deserves a weapon befitting his status. We give him a greataxe forged by Sigurd Olafsson.

Feast, earn favor, gain mettle, embrace war, seek peace."

Gain 1 mettle. Advance to level 2.

If you don't like your reward I can edit it for something equivalent.

Spoiler: 1* Fun Fact
    Show

There is no farmland to grow barley, grapes, or hops. Liquor is made from choice seaweed and select shellfish and mollusks. It probably tastes exactly like you think it does.

Spoiler: 2* Fun Fact
    Show

Your clan is not very nice.
    I join the feast with the rest of the clan. My suspicions on how the deer was damage has now shifted. I gracefully accept the hammer.

You honor us again, now with relics truly befitting of a Celd. With this weapons we will bring ruin to our enemies and return glory to our people. Rawrwr!

Not sure what the 1 as 2 for defense means.

Never mind, it applies to Cantrips. Got it.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-10 at 09:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

You all arise refreshed the next morning, perhaps with a partner or two from the evening. Though adultery is punishable, the clan is permissive about relations among the unmarried.

Clearing your head with lotus tea or seaweed liquor, you emerge to find a commotion at the north end of town.

If you investigate, you see that another clan has anchored their boats and are casting their fishing nets in your waters, well within your boundary totems that mark your domains.

This is a tremendous disrespect!

If your clan doesn't drive them away or kill them, it loses status among men and gods. Peaceful resolution is acceptable, but only if the trespassers offer it first, and it doesn't give as much status as killing them.

Also, there is still the matter of the faerie or witch causing the plague from the islands to the east.

The villagers look to you even more now to resolve the issues. There are four trespassers half a mile away to the north, two each in one boat with shields mounted on the sides for cover, hauling up fat salmon as we speak.

Spoiler: Dialogue
    Show

Chief Hagar emerges, bags under his eyes and floorboards groaning under his feet. He narrows his eyes at the trespassers, but says nothing.

Villager : "Chief Hagar! We must retaliate! Send a war party!

Hagar: "Silence."

Villager: "But we can't tolerate this disrespect!"

Hagar: "We can, and will. We are too few to and too weak. Spring approaches, there will be many fish here soon, if Obad Hai wills."

Villager: "We will lose face. The other tribes will no longer fear us. More will come, then there will be no fish. Send the cubs! They can take those fools!"

Hagar: "No. If the chief sends the clan to war, he must be in front. That's the way. Leave the cubs in peace. They've done enough for now."

Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-11 at 03:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You all arise refreshed the next morning, perhaps with a partner or two from the evening. Though adultery is punishable, the clan is permissive about relations among the unmarried.

Clearing your head with lotus tea or seaweed liquor, you emerge to find a commotion at the north end of town.

If you investigate, you see that another clan has anchored their boats and are casting their fishing nets in your waters, well within your boundary totems that mark your domains.

This is a tremendous disrespect!

If your clan doesn't drive them away or kill them, it loses status among men and gods. Peaceful resolution is acceptable, but only if the trespassers offer it first, and it doesn't give as much status as killing them.

Also, there is still the matter of the faerie or witch causing the plague from the islands to the east.

The villagers look to you even more now to resolve the issues. There are four trespassers half a mile away to the north, two each in one boat with shields mounted on the sides for cover, hauling up fat salmon as we speak.

Spoiler: Dialogue
    Show

Chief Hagar emerges, bags under his eyes and floorboards groaning under his feet. He narrows his eyes at the trespassers, but says nothing.

Villager : "Chief Hagar! We must retaliate! Send a war party!

Hagar: "Silence."

Villager: "But we can't tolerate this disrespect!"

Hagar: "We can, and will. We are too few to and too weak. Spring approaches, there will be many fish here soon, if Obad Hai wills."

Villager: "We will lose face. The other tribes will no longer fear us. More will come, then there will be no fish. Send the cubs! They can take those fools!"

Hagar: "No. If the chief sends the clan to war, he must be in front. That's the way. Leave the cubs in peace. They've done enough for now."

I ready my arms and then address the chief.

I understand your concern, but if we are to honor the gods, we should not sit idle and await their favor. Kord will teach us to confront and defeat our enemies. Obad Hai knows that only the fittest will survive. If we are to be prey, these other clans will be the predators. Allow me to speak with this tresspassers. If they do not yield, the will regret it!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I ready my arms and then address the chief.

I understand your concern, but if we are to honor the gods, we should not sit idle and await their favor. Kord will teach us to confront and defeat our enemies. Obad Hai knows that only the fittest will survive. If we are to be prey, these other clans will be the predators. Allow me to speak with this tresspassers. If they do not yield, the will regret it!
    I also seek out Zorg for him to accompany me.

26. - Top - End - #116

SolithKnightGuy

I also seek out Zorg for him to accompany me.
    Tessanna see Thorak picking up his weapons to move out.

Lets swing by the priest for a blessing and guidance first, but then lets chase these trespassers away
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucian hears the words of the Chief and Thorak, shaking his head in disagreement. "This won't be war, this is no predator... these are gulls, snapping at our fish. Let us shoo them away."

He takes up his bow and heads for the ships. "Where is Tessana? I would have her ride with us as well."

28. - Top - End - #118

SolithKnightGuy

Laucian hears the words of the Chief and Thorak, shaking his head in disagreement. "This won't be war, this is no predator... these are gulls, snapping at our fish. Let us shoo them away."

He takes up his bow and heads for the ships. "Where is Tessana? I would have her ride with us as well."
    We all move ahead if the chief allow us. Tessanna as a female, will stand in the background and let the boys to the talking. I presume gender bias is common in this patriarchal part of the world
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

The clan cheers. "Priest, ready the cubs for war!" says Hagar."

You all should have max favor (2), so the priest gives you extended duration Bless with the war paint. In addition, he hands Laucien two
    Spoiler: Splinterfang arrows
    Show

Designed for war, the arrowheads contain numerous sharp fangs of fish in a hollow space that break apart and spread inside the wound doing +1 damage.

30. - Top - End - #120

We all move ahead if the chief allow us. Tessanna as a female, will stand in the background and let the boys to the talking. I presume gender bias is common in this patriarchal part of the world
    In the contrary. Your merit is entirely based on your ability to produce food and or murder people.

Spoiler: Fun Fact
    Show
    Did I mention your clan is not very nice?
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-11 at 04:42 PM.