New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Me. I need to reply. I was gonna reply last night, but things got in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

So, here's an idea. It's been said that the anti-god powers are unique to Universe 13. What if it's not, and they existed in universes 13-18, and that's why they were destroyed? Could yield some pretty interesting plot point way way waaaay down the line.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    So, here's an idea. It's been said that the anti-god powers are unique to Universe 13. What if it's not, and they existed in universes 13-18, and that's why they were destroyed? Could yield some pretty interesting plot point way way waaaay down the line.
    Maybe.

Though considering who Zen-Oh is, I doubt he thought about it that far. Mostly because is a child so innocent he doesn't comprehend/understand that other peoples lives have value. To him its all entertainment or offense, and its implied that he destroyed them for trivial reasons. When you can make anyone or anything no matter how large or small disappear with a thought, all of reality starts to look like a toy to someone like that. He can't even count to ten, so why expect him to understand the implications of something like anti-god power?

though the Grand Priest could've probably manipulated him into doing it. I could see him doing that if we're going with evil Grand Priest theory, or just the Grand Priest being an alien utilitarian godlike being whose morality is so far different from mortals that it makes little difference. Makai has its own reasons for opposing the gods, and ironically they're the exact opposite of Trombone's goal. I mention Makai because it is related as there has be some reason the makai demons are kai's enemies, and I think have a pretty good headcanon about that. Would like me to explain or keep it mysterious and surprise for now?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Patturo
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 0.9 M
    Weight:25 K'g
    Species: Shapeshifter Fox
    Station:Heroic Shapeshifting Student. Self claimed chosen one

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

In his original form, cute chubby fox, with star shaped scar on his forehead, and big round glasses. (Both akwardly stay in all of his forms).

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Harru, believe he is the chosen one, and act self rightiouse and enjoy to whine "why me?". Though, he is brave and ALWAYS recklessly risking himself to do 'the right thing"
    It probably no surprise he doesn't have friends right now.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shippu, the greatest shapeshifter in history, took subtle part at the battle.for Earth. Earth changed a lot- books about ki trainings started to spread, King Fenrir at some point turned into the King Of Earth, bringing age of peace. And there were also Max-City.

Shippu transfered his school to the Max City, beliving the Shapeabifting powers were given to them, to study other races, and act as bridge between diffrent cultures and people in general.

But many Shapeshifters were enraged- the tradition was to stay hidden, and survive and get advantage using the ignorance of the "Oneformfolk".
    Of course most of this tradition, started because they were hunted down..

One of them, with the help of the Black Sultan, has untapped new dark secret of the Shapeshifters- by eating hearts, he can obtain their power and abilities. Much shorter way, than Shippu's long and careful study

Lord Vordemorph, has led cult of an evil shapeshifters, called The Heart Eaters. They have terrorized shapeshifters and Oneformfolks alike, collecting power and true forms.

Shippu challenged him to a dual. This was the greatest Shapeshifter battle in history, but he lost. Vordemorph has obtained knowledge of a prophecy.

He understood the prophecy in certain way, and attacked Patturu's family, because they had one of the dragon balls. (The prophecy said something about the "Star Orbs")
    Miraclously, Patturu clinged to the dragon ball, and exactly then, one of Earth Protectors gotten there- Vordemorph escaped, and Patturu somehow got hit in the head by the dragon ball.

Since then, he believed he is The Chosen One. He was protected with adoptive family at Max City, but still felt paranoid. When he joined the Shapeshifting Academy, he has shown legendary talent. Was he really the chosen one? Or was it his believe? One way or another, he turned out to be powerful heroic trouble maker, who mostly fight Heart Eaters.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Power Level- Basic- a little

Materialization Magic.

Ki blasts

Flight

Fire Manipulatiom

Puppy Eyes

Guilt Manipulation

Spoiler: Natural Abilities
    Show

Shapeshifting
    Spoiler
    Show

In general, there three levels of shapeshifting-

"Extarnel Shift'- like Oolong and Puar at the show- the body change, but without adding power or abilities, beyond very basic ones. )turning into scissors give you the ability to cut)

True Shift- with genetic or mystic symbolic part of the target, the shapeshifter can gain the generic natural abilities of the form he sampled. Turning into Sayian, will give him acces to the Oozaru mode. But it won't enhance his PL,on it's own. Though, he could train in the form, as he was original member of the specie or the object.

Copy Shape- When knowing someone specific deeply enough, he can change into him, with everything- power level, techniques and even personality. Naturally it's very hard to gain such form. Outside mythology, only Shippu were known to have more than one or two copy shapes.
    The Heart Eaters, cheat it, by eating the hearts of their victims.

Enhanced Senses

Other information:I thought it could be fun to add him to Masala's group.
    Spoiler
    Show

[/spoiler][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, something that occurred to me now: Max could have provided the Refera's with some books from his database before they went off on their galactic tour. Things along the lines of "Majin and Me, a parenting guide to raising your adopted majin child." and "I was a Teenage Cyborg" a biography of and guide to living with warfare level cybernetic modifications. I figure books like that would have existed in Max's timeline, if only because there would have been people around to have written them, and adding them to the Earth Culture Database would have fit with the idea behind it: to help inform other civilizations of Earth's culture.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, sure. Why not? Sounds like good things to help them. Though I'll have to figure out the specific ways that those books help them unless you have any ideas?

Also speaking of future databases, the Referas still have that Age 1000 database, that maybe they can exchange back so he can get useful stuff from that?

(I'll say that they don't get equivalent books from the age 1000 database simply because there is so much information that its hard to find anything in there and that Max is simply better scholar than them so he'd be able to retrieve those books from his timeline's database much easier, in case one questions why they simply didn't get those books from their own.)

7. - Top - End - #277

RedWizardGuy

Well, the first one would have helped with any unique parenting challenges that trying to raise a majin might incur (from what I've seen, most majin are characterized as being rather childish, even when fully grown). So having a book to help explain concepts that might otherwise fly over that childish mindset's head would be handy (Though, seems like masala doesn't suffer from that). Other things, like 'this is how a majin body works and matures' and 'this is how majin reproduce' would probably be covered in the book.

The second book would probably be helpful in just...calming down. Even just knowing that there are other people who lead entire lives while having military grade cybernetics would probably help with some of the anxiety that might otherwise arise from the unknowns involved. And there would probably be useful tips for little things that come up and people don't necessarily think about before hand, like 'if I get older and shrink, how do I make sure my legs still fit?' etc for people with prosthetics, or 'making sure my nanites get debugged regularly' for others. Oh, and the inevitable 'how much cancer can I expect to have to deal with, what with having materials foreign to a human body in me?' and the follow up 'how to deal with said cancers'.

As for stuff from the Age 1000 database, Max probably would have wanted any book written by himself from their own timeline, and whatever their most up to date archive for the tv shows he had been following when he left his timeline they have.

And while Max isn't going to be spreading around and handing out his original cultural awareness and welcome package, I figure he's had the time to whip one up for the current U13 Earth and it's cultures, done as a few documentaries that would probably be freely available at the courtesy stations that he littered around outside the defense network, and including the fake backstory Max made for himself inserted into an actual historical account of Earth's past, with a little fuzzyness on the exact tech level of the 'before our little apocalyptic war' time period.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I don't think I'm very good at roleplaying that part of Majin behavior. best not to try and instead make Masala a character of her own stripe.

as for majin reproduction....unlikely. Masala's pretty much the only majin around, so unless we decided to free and redeem Buu, or Masala decides to start splitting herself in a way that would somehow produce a majin with different personality than her own like Buu did then do the usual method which is basically throwing parts of each other into a third majin, she is the only one that is here. I mean it is possible for her to do since if the original Buu could do that, why not another? But its a question of whether she wants to. Its definitely something she would have to think over.

I have no idea what Max would've written in any timeline, so I assume you would, but yeah doable.

9. - Top - End - #279

RedWizardGuy

Masala's also from a timeline where multiple generations of Majins have been born, so it might be something that gradually breeds out of them as their parents get more sophisticated.

I figure if the timeline was peaceful around that period, than the Max Banders of that timeline would have done a few little things with regards to advancing medical and ki-tech. Like whipping up a device for converting the holder's ki into electricity, a modified version of that same hand held for converting ki into a healing waves wavelength of energy, followed by a more sophisticated outgrowth of that in the form of a bed-like device for scanning, diagnosing, and healing people with waves of ki, while the device itself would be powered by mundane means (takes an electrical input). And probably goggles for getting a visual on ki wavelengths, with an upgraded version that uses ki wavelength outputs to provide displays at a smaller than microscopic scale.

So, you know, nerd stuff. Very useful over a lifetime of work, but none of it directly applicable for combat. A peaceful timeline Max Banders would probably cap out at an all time high of a few thousand in power level, mostly from mind over matter/touch telekinesis rather than raw physical power. Meanwhile, I expect dedicated Earthling martial artists would probably regularly be hitting higher than that, for reference.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Colossus in the Playground

Hmm, so Artic can return without trouble. I haven't thought about what he would be up to for the next 10 years but I think its pretty self-explanatory. He'd probably travel into space, and free to return to Imperial space, used his knowledge of Age 1000 technology to improve not only his now Katchin armor (which, barring being knocked around in it, would make him invincible ) but start a career as a project lead in mega-engineering and was probably personally involved in the Planet Hailing project (however, he bombarded Vodkana constantly with requests to change the planet name, not wanting him to be remembered at all.)

@Igor I did like what you did with that, well, let's say unruly customer. Though I was alarmed that Vodkana actually did destroy the world only to recreate it. It's to punish him, clearly, but some sensory hallucinations induced by Nightmare Magic (tm) would achieve the same effect.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Ing- Ki Blasts and roses's nag.
    Also.. remember that Katchin is terribly heavy. Elder Kaioshin trained Gohan simy by making him lift Katchin.

About Vodkana's morale- yes. She grew.. more grey. She isn't even trying to be a goody shoes- she mostly tried it to please her friends.
    She grew to think BIG.
    Of course she can handle petty criminals with ease- simply by staring at them...
    But this is VERY local soluation. She believe, that the role of GoD, is more than demolation company- it's to be.. the universe's Batman. Be the fear. Though, she doesn't want to kill, if she doesn't has to- so she use the Nightmare Magic 'to eat the cake and leave it whole'- bring cosmic terror from wronging her, and wronging in general.
    Just to make things clear- she can't actually create, especialy what not have been destroyed. She just mind nyaing- because threats sometimes, need to be fulfilled, or people might question if it is an actuall threat.
    Of course 'Greater Good' justification is always a dangerouse one. But do notice she spared the underaged from this exprience. The confusion and wierdness would make it even scarier.

Tarasaj might disagree with the route she take, but they both believe gods should be more active in mortals' life.
    Would be fun having Arctic in her crew.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2018-02-01 at 07:58 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Ing- Ki Blasts and roses's nag.
    Also.. remember that Katchin is terribly heavy. Elder Kaioshin trained Gohan simy by making him lift Katchin.
    You might be mistaken, Supreme Kai trained Gohan by having him use the Z-sword, which was made of an unknown but apparently extremely heavy material that's weaker than Katchin. There is ground to it being quite heavy, as base Goku apparently had trouble lifting a large block of it. I couldn't say how strong base Buu-saga Goku is, but it's at least in the tens of millions in PL.

Of course, Artic's power armor isn't nearly as massive as that solid block of Katchin, but it would be heavy. That said, I did establish that he wears power armor, so by definition it has to be able to support its own weight.

13. - Top - End - #283

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    You might be mistaken, Supreme Kai trained Gohan by having him use the Z-sword, which was made of an unknown but apparently extremely heavy material that's weaker than Katchin. There is ground to it being quite heavy, as base Goku apparently had trouble lifting a large block of it. I couldn't say how strong base Buu-saga Goku is, but it's at least in the tens of millions in PL.

Of course, Artic's power armor isn't nearly as massive as that solid block of Katchin, but it would be heavy. That said, I did establish that he wears power armor, so by definition it has to be able to support its own weight.
    Well, we've seen a character with thin katchin layering before, and they still got cooked to death. Ultimately, even if his armor is more or less impervious to damage, the user inside could still be killed. It's just much harder. He'd probably have a hard time getting out of the suit if it's un-powered though. Not sure what Artic's power systems are relying on.

Spoiler: The power systems I can recall off hand as having been established so far in this RP include:
    Show
    whatever microgenerators gero puts into people using nanites to create limitless energy cyborgs
    whatever the drainer upgrades that are in 22 and 23 are.
    a ki based 'human energy power core' that came with Max as one of the trophies from his time back in his home timeline.
    the fusion based looping power generator that Max had on his initial ship.
    some kind of drawing power from other dimensions limitless energy generator thing that Ye-Olde-Gero made for his robomen.
    the dimensional massage generator that Max built to power his city, based on the same physics principles as the Quantum Kaioken technique that he stopped being able to use for lack of reaching the requisite power level for ignition, where the generator creates extra dimensional space, fills that space with energy, then proceeds to manipulate the dimensions of that space to 'massage' the energy into action and cause it to put out more power than is being used to run the process.
    Whatever Arcosian ships use to power themselves. I assume some kind of fusion or nuclear reactor.

That said, if Artic had gotten in contact with him, Max would have been happy to help him tool up some of his suit tech. Like upgrading it with starship class shields powered by a capacitor refueled by a much lower yield limitless energy generator (dedicated to that purpose). Given the information he's gotten from his alternate reality self, he might be able to work in a self healing 'resurrection' system to the suit, assuming that whatever kills the user doesn't blow away the system and so much of the user that it would have nothing left to work with (so more, 'you technically died for a few minutes there' and not so much 'disintigrated down to a single cell')

Of course, working with Max comes with a downside: he's currently in a stage of technology non-proliferation. So anything he might share would come with a caveat of 'don't share it out with others yet'.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I finally replied to the Super Forms thread, despite Ing not posting. This thing has been going on for far too long, and I want to get to the climax as quickly as possible.

Also, I've been thinking. It doesn't make sense that Universe 13 came into being from Universe 7 splitting into two timelines, and one of them becoming U13.

Spoiler: Super Spoilers (Goku Black Arc)
    Show
    When a timeline splits, it's not just localized to one universe. All of the universes are duplicated, as shown in the Goku Black arc when Goku Black and Zamasu went on a killing spree, killing everything in most if not all of the universes, including their supreme kais, and as a result their gods of destruction and angels. So we know that the other universes have to be duplicated as well.

Non-spoiler version, when a timeline splits, it duplicates all of the universes, not just one.

Plus, there's the issue of the anti-god ki (and thus the white Namekians, Trombone, and the divinity-stealing techniques) being something not seen in any other universe, including U7, as well as U13 having many orders of magnitude more inhabited planets (I think U7 is stated to have only 28 in total, unless the supreme kai was supremely ignorant of his own universe (pun totally intended)). So, how do we fix this?

I have an idea. First off, universes 13-18 weren't completely destroyed. There was still fragments of them left, and when another timeline decided to use the former U13 as its new home, it assimilated these remaining bits of U13. Maybe some of these surviving bits, namely the anti-god stuff, is what caused Zeno to wipe them out in the first place, at the Grand Priest's suggestion. There could even be a bit of backstory about how Trombone, or perhaps someone different, attempted to wipe out the gods like the guys in the spoiler did, but failed due to being significantly weaker than them ... but they still managed to wipe out the deities of universes 13-18? Just a thought.

But this doesn't answer how twelve universes (plus the remaining fragments of the destroyed ones) fit into the space of one. I have two options here. One, the entire 12 universes got compressed down into one, the new U13, and merged with the remaining fragments of the old U13, creating a universe that's basically a conglomeration of all 12 universes combined, and this has elements from all of them. Two, maybe only a single pair got merged with each of the twelve dead universes. The other is basically the same thing, but each universe merged with only elements from a specific pair of twinned universes -- U13 with U7 and U6, for example.

What do you guys think of this idea?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-02-01 at 11:54 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

1. I had this discussion with Frozen Feet a while back publicly, the conclusion reached was "Champa and Goku Black Arc onward didn't happen in this RP and its staying that way."

2. We also already had the discussion concerning the idiotically small amount of planets with Frozen AND Ing publicly in a thread. The conclusion reached was "Toriyama is a bad sci-fi writer and we should ignore whatever he writes concerning sci-fi and scale entirely, since its completely freaking idiotic."

3. I think I don't understand this idea because its overly complicated, and I don't really care about it, because we already this discussion with the far more reasonable conclusion of "lets cut out the stupider parts of Super entirely because we're not idiots and don't have time to write around the weird stupider parts of it that it puts out."

So given all these I don't really care, because the conclusion is ALREADY "we're not doing that" to that version of time travel, ALREADY "we're not doing that number of planets" and ALREADY "those arcs are not happening". because it makes everything simpler.

16. - Top - End - #286

Basically, we're picking-and-choosing what we like and don't like, plus adding a lot of (semi) realistic sci-fi elements because Toriyama is NOT a sci-fi writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Well, we've seen a character with thin katchin layering before, and they still got cooked to death. Ultimately, even if his armor is more or less impervious to damage, the user inside could still be killed. It's just much harder. He'd probably have a hard time getting out of the suit if it's un-powered though. Not sure what Artic's power systems are relying on.
    The first one you mentioned in spoilers. Basically, reverse-engineered Gero limitless energy generators, used for 17 and 18 (and 16?)

I imagine direct attacks won't be very effective, at all, piercing and slashing, he's all but immune, but Artic is still vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, as he can be knocked around inside of it, and most importantly, attacks will still send him flying.

That said, if Artic had gotten in contact with him, Max would have been happy to help him tool up some of his suit tech. Like upgrading it with starship class shields powered by a capacitor refueled by a much lower yield limitless energy generator (dedicated to that purpose). Given the information he's gotten from his alternate reality self, he might be able to work in a self healing 'resurrection' system to the suit, assuming that whatever kills the user doesn't blow away the system and so much of the user that it would have nothing left to work with (so more, 'you technically died for a few minutes there' and not so much 'disintigrated down to a single cell')

Of course, working with Max comes with a downside: he's currently in a stage of technology non-proliferation. So anything he might share would come with a caveat of 'don't share it out with others yet'.
    That might be interesting. Of course he can keep secret tech secret.

edit: Broken quote codes
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-02-02 at 03:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Oho. I guess I have opened pandora box with the katchin lol.
    Dkd Arcitf harvested it from Tsarbone's remains?

About multiverse lore..
    First.. we can't always adjust our lore by the cannon's.
    For example; I have created Vodkana, assuming Destruction God is a race.
    But it's actually a role and Vodkana shouldn't have gotten any genetic benefits.

So.. yeah.. honestly I don't see, what will we gain from out.

Also 28 ihabited planets? It's impossible. Just wiki how much races there are.
    There were companies who hired people like Vegeta and Nappa to genocide whole planets and clear then for selling.

It means it something they did a lot.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #288

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Ing's post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Basically, we're picking-and-choosing what we like and don't like, plus adding a lot of (semi) realistic sci-fi elements because Toriyama is NOT a sci-fi writer.

The first one you mentioned in spoilers. Basically, reverse-engineered Gero limitless energy generators, used for 17 and 18 (and 16?)

I imagine direct attacks won't be very effective, at all, piercing and slashing, he's all but immune, but Artic is still vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, as he can be knocked around inside of it, and most importantly, attacks will still send him flying.

Of course, working with Max comes with a downside: he's currently in a stage of technology non-proliferation. So anything he might share would come with a caveat of 'don't share it out with others yet'.[/QUOTE]

That might be interesting. Of course he can keep secret tech secret.[/QUOTE]

Right, so, I think it would be safe to assume that Max has worked with him at some point (and that he would thus be recognized by the defense grid Max set up around Earth to keep people from just randomly going to Earth and landing there). In that vein, the kind of shielding tech Max would have helped install would be capable of withstanding a planet buster attack at full charge, Or at least a small one. It wouldn't stop someone from sending him flying with a Ki attack, but I figure the shield could at least stop one big attack in a fight, or multiple smaller ones.

As for the healing system, that would operate on the suit's normal power reserves and work to rebuild the wearer's body when he's still enough to not be healed wrong. After all, if having broken ribs is bad, having ribs that have healed over the wrong way is probably somewhat worse. And again, while it can handle extensive damage or losses, it's not going to regenerate him from negligible amounts of matter.

Max could probably also have helped him with the power output and design of the laser. Which would mean Max would have insisted on giving it multiple firing modes (a dial for power output, an adjustable lens for intensity, and a switch for pulse mode or stream).

And, of course, it would mean he's actually got an apartment or home to call his own in The Shining City. Including an adjustable atmosphere and gravity settings, and some basic furnishings tough enough to withstand those variables.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

So.. yeah.. honestly I don't see, what will we gain from out.
    For now, mostly expanded character and plot options. We can pick and choose from everything in the multiverse, as opposed to just U7. And I have some ideas for later down the line....

And, of course, it would mean he's actually got an apartment or home to call his own in The Shining City. Including an adjustable atmosphere and gravity settings, and some basic furnishings tough enough to withstand those variables.
    Hmmm, do you think the entire RA got summer homes in The Shining City?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

For now, mostly expanded character and plot options. We can pick and choose from everything in the multiverse, as opposed to just U7. And I have some ideas for later down the line....
    Simpler way of achieving that:
    -Canon Timeline
    -Trunks Timeline
    -Our timeline

are all completely different timelines. Our U7 is not Canon U7, and Our Universe Set is not the same one that goes with canon tournament of power or goku Black or whatever. We don't need to worry about that, because they all happened somewhere else. U13 is still concerned about its own internal issues, it'll be awhile before we're concerned about multiversal ones.

21. - Top - End - #291

Dkd Arcitf harvested it from Tsarbone's remains?
    Read Raz's christmas special

Also 28 ihabited planets? It's impossible. Just wiki how much races there are.
    There were companies who hired people like Vegeta and Nappa to genocide whole planets and clear then for selling.

It means it something they did a lot.
    I think it's safe to assume the 28 planets are only the planets explicitly mentioned, there very well may be many more. In our game, I think only a dozen or so planets have been mentioned, though it's been explicitly established that there are billions.

Also, IIRC, Vegeta's group worked for Frieza, who was the 'company' as it were. I have some ideas about how that worked.

Spoiler: The World Trade Organization
    Show

Cold would become the last Emperor of the Arcosian Empire, dissolving it into its component Segmentums, Sectors, and even individual planetary sovereignties, much like Apfel is doing presently. The difference is that Emperor Cold had come to a realization that he can actually have MORE power and influence in the universe, and become even WEALTHIER by taking a more background role in intergalactic affairs. Rather than be its emperor, he will be it's primary power-broker. The supreme leader of a band of raiders and slavers who work for the highest bidder. He would call it the World Trade Organization. Though interplanetary governments of all kinds did have political power, it was Cold who ruled, dictating the terms of contracts, and setting up protection rackets on an intergalactic scale.

Governments everywhere would call upon Cold, and later Frieza and Cooler, to attack and clear out worlds for colonization, or even use them as mercenaries on battlefields. When Frieza and Cooler were old enough to establish themselves, they took over the day-to-day operations of the WTO from Cold, who remained in a nominally superior, yet more advisory role, essentially semi-retired. The operational strategies of Frieza and Cooler diverged wildly. Frieza was intent on conquering as many worlds and territory as quickly as possible, devouring contracts left and right, as well as taking hundreds of thousands of planets for his own, well beyond the need to accomodate his sprawling organization. Cooler took a different approach. His organization was substantially smaller than his brother Frieza's but far, far more elite. Even his most basic grunts were amongst the most powerful fighters in the universe. His Armored Squadron in particular was outright stronger than some of Frieza's suppressed forms. He conquered comparably fewer planets, but which ones he did, governments would bankrupt themselves, literally, to acquire them, as their defense forces were simply too powerful for either them or local Frieza forces to be worth handling.

In a nutshell, Frieza and family are the Space Mob.

Right, so, I think it would be safe to assume that Max has worked with him at some point (and that he would thus be recognized by the defense grid Max set up around Earth to keep people from just randomly going to Earth and landing there). In that vein, the kind of shielding tech Max would have helped install would be capable of withstanding a planet buster attack at full charge, Or at least a small one. It wouldn't stop someone from sending him flying with a Ki attack, but I figure the shield could at least stop one big attack in a fight, or multiple smaller ones.

As for the healing system, that would operate on the suit's normal power reserves and work to rebuild the wearer's body when he's still enough to not be healed wrong. After all, if having broken ribs is bad, having ribs that have healed over the wrong way is probably somewhat worse. And again, while it can handle extensive damage or losses, it's not going to regenerate him from negligible amounts of matter.

Max could probably also have helped him with the power output and design of the laser. Which would mean Max would have insisted on giving it multiple firing modes (a dial for power output, an adjustable lens for intensity, and a switch for pulse mode or stream).

Well at his power level, he should be able to withstand planet-busters by default, as should his armor. Rather, such shielding should absorb and dissipate kinetic energy, essentially kinetic shielding. Given that everyone at this point can bench planets and fire energy balls with the energy yield of suns, the barrier will be able to be knocked down after repeated attacks.

Healing system could work, nanites that repair damaged tissues at the cellular level.

As for onboard weaponry, I imagine Artic will have found a way to integrate it into his own ki-attacks, allowing his power supply to give a boost to his ki attacks, essentially making him his own weaponry, with more than a few designs should his own ki begin to diminish for what ever reason. Classic laser weapons and probably some hard-light projectile and blade weaponry would make the most sense.

As for an apartment, well, he'll probably be rarely using it as he's in space, building structures the porportions of which are measured in AUs, so it's unlikely it will be occupied all that often...

22. - Top - End - #292

RedWizardGuy

Max built a city, it's not like he's lacking for apartments. Even 10 years on, it's probably nowhere near full. Part of that would be being picky with who can be a citizen there, and part of it would just be the designed capacity of the place.

I was figuring on low-balling the shield's capacity, but when you mentioned that the power source for Artic's armor is reverse engineered limitless energy generators, then it makes sense for the shield to effectively work the same as Android 17 and 18's energy barriers. Just tied directly into his suit's main power systems instead of running off it's own individual power supply.

As for medical nanites...if Artic can do the nano-scale engineering, then Max could help him design healing wave emitters at that scale. But if they're built to operate in a person's blood stream, powering them would be an issue. So, personal ki to power them, or maybe picking up low level wireless energy being broadcast from the suit into the person. But that would possibly cause cancer issues for the suit's operator, which the nanites would then have to fix...What I had been figuring on was more like small emitters built into the suit and aimed at the wearer.

Oh, also, just to point it out in case it becomes relevant later: Max has designed some battlesuits for emergency use. They do not operate on ki based power sources or principles. Which is why their power rating is in the 'low' area of being roughly equivalent to 50k power level. Similarly, the battleship he hid on the moon operates on the same principles (though at a much higher equivalent power rating). Why? Max likes contingency plans. He also figures that, worst case scenario, he'll forget about it and an Earth based space program will get to the moon and find it.

Oh, and Raziere: Are the saiyans showing up going to happen later, and we're just getting some build up for them now, or are they going to be showing up in time for everyone to greet them? I just want to know when they're going to get close enough to ping on the sensors for the Earth Defense Grid.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, and Raziere: Are the saiyans showing up going to happen later, and we're just getting some build up for them now, or are they going to be showing up in time for everyone to greet them? I just want to know when they're going to get close enough to ping on the sensors for the Earth Defense Grid.
    Well the saiyans are kind of early part of the arc? like they're supposed to be the thing that happening at the same time as Heaven being attacked as some sort of unintentional distraction- well, maybe, it might intentional simply because Kurumo knows the same martial art as Shanakan but with the eastern instead of western zodiac, and thus is manipulating fate for it to happen at the same time as Solitus's attack on heaven so that they don't notice?

like the saiyans are honestly supposed to ease us in while also providing a reason why the people don't somehow respond immediately, because half the point is showing how things would be like if Solitus was in charge even for a short period of time?

and I also have to somehow sync this up with the coming of an Ork fleet so that the saiyans and Orks meet up, but I'm not sure how to do that yet, because of your blockade complicating Mekrashin's arrival meaning he will have to teleport from the ship he gets near Earth on before its shot down? its complicated.

but yeah a lot of this is set up? honestly I'm half waiting on Frozen and Hawkflight for some of this, because she controls Katnep who is a saiyan and therefore part of that, and Frozen who controls Yenma, Yama, North Kaiio and Trombone Jr two of those are spirit world people so its like "how do we get that worked out."

So I don't really know the answer to your question, because its technically later but less latter than other stuff that is more later, because they're the first thing thats supposed to happen and technically both the saiyans and the orks are the comic relief parts of this. Deglargo Industries and Solitus forces themselves are when it gets more serious. Deglargo Industries is definitely later-later, though I should put some set up into them.

24. - Top - End - #294

RedWizardGuy

So on the sliding scale of soon to later...

Soon, Soonish,In a Bit, Laterish, Later

So we're looking at a Soonish timing, depending on many factors. Okay, just give me a heads up when I should add detecting the saiyans incoming to my post. And yes, teleport would be the way to get around the defense net.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-02-05 at 11:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Then there's my plans for the Empire of Cassius who are making their move across the universe with militarized anti-ki technology. Given they're a few galaxies away, it'll be a bit before they're an immediate threat to North Galaxy.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the Saiyan kids will be on the ship with the rest of the Saiyans, right Igor?

Also, general reminder, Instant Transmission is not a commonly known technique yet.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Also, general reminder, Instant Transmission is not a commonly known technique yet.
    Orks have teleporter tech without needing that. its unreliable and prone to exploding or sending you somewhere random like any other piece of Ork tech, but it is something they CAN build.

28. - Top - End - #298

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Orks have teleporter tech without needing that. its unreliable and prone to exploding or sending you somewhere random like any other piece of Ork tech, but it is something they CAN build.
    Ork tech operates almost entirely because Orks believe it works. Trashcan + paint + WAAGH = rocket launcher, or laser cannon, etc. It basically just has to look like a functional piece of technology on the outside, and if it's painted red, it goes faster.

This, among other factions, were things that the npc space defense force would regularly keep busy/away from Earth/keep them from invading Earth outright in the background of the forum he was from. Oh, and Capsule Corp was being run by an evil genius who orchestrated an invasion of another planet from Earth via teleporters. If I stop to remember it, Max was kind of from an evil high-tech focused Earth, lol.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Sage. Orkish tech does indeed work like that This has been stating facts theater.

....ok I think I have a plan for how to finish setting up, so I'll get that out of the way then PM Hawkflight and Frozen about responding so that they can get their characters in and I think I know how I want to kick things off, but for now I just want some relaxation before we dive right into the next plot.

30. - Top - End - #300

RedWizardGuy

Would taking a bow be too much? I figured a reminder on how Ork stuff works might help, since it's been a while since it was brought up.