New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "I believe so, unless they have you detained," Mallory said, "After all, recording devices are an integral part of undercover sting operations."
    Then all those laws shows are a lie? Jen pipes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Then all those laws shows are a lie? Jen pipes up.
    "If you are referring to the commonly held misconception that a police officer has to tell you they are a cop if asked, then yes," Mallory said, "If a cop wasn't allowed to lie, they would be far less effective at taking down more intricate criminal rings."

3. - Top - End - #123

"If you are referring to the commonly held misconception that a police officer has to tell you they are a cop if asked, then yes," Mallory said, "If a cop wasn't allowed to lie, they would be far less effective at taking down more intricate criminal rings."
    But lying is bad... Jen says clearing teasing.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124

Episode 21 Scene 7

And now you're outside the door to Ms.Stormsong's new classroom.

Any final preparations you need or want to make

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d4 Looking your best. +1 VP with Jen.

Skill =d8 Google Nymph culture really quickly. +3 VP with Jen.

Conflict =d6 Sparta kick the door. +2 VP with Jen.

Luck =d5 Have something fortuitous happen. +1 VP with Luna.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Taika simply straightens her posture and brushes off any wrinkles or dirt on her dress before entering the room. She also makes sure to turn on the record function of her phone before stepping in, whispering her consent to record into the speaker before slipping it back into her pocket.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

A Thousand Faces (Natural 1)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

P'ro'shi, in keeping with her earlier words, does not go to confront the teacher, instead merely staking out in the nearby hall, trying to cooperate between respecting and being there if help if needed.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Weak Luck.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lauca, running late to the "intervention", hurried her way through the halls towards the art room, running her hands through her hair and trying to look her best for the new teacher!

Spoiler: Luck
    Show
    Neutral Luck = +0

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mallory came into the classroom, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible. Taking the lead, she tells the teacher, "Pardon us Ms. Stormsong, but we need to talk about your behavior. Some of the other students are uncomfortable with the way you act around them, and it needs to change immediately."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), Connections (+2), +4 total.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Kristi nodded along with what Mallory was saying. She wasn't really feeling like having arguments like this, but it was important for the others so she lent her support...and her cookies. Unknown to Kristi, word was starting to get around about the amazing cookies she'd baked...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Last scene for Thaw Out, and triggered Temptation in the previous scene, so that's +3.

The idea here is that word of the awesome cookies get a bunch of students to show up wanting cookies, and end up making it look like there's more to this intervention than just our group. Maybe even a teacher will show up to lend our cause a bit more credibility.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, Faustian Pact on Mallory.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya frowned a bit at her girlfriend's aggressive way of opening things. "Uh, what Scout means is, we just wanted to talk. Nothin's gotta change - we just kinda think there's some stuff you should be aware of."

Well, no, Mallory had meant exactly what she'd said, and was probably right that if Ms. Stormsong didn't change, it could be trouble. But still, no need to come off so scary with it right out of the gate.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face + 2 = +4 total.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    P'ro'shi, in keeping with her earlier words, does not go to confront the teacher, instead merely staking out in the nearby hall, trying to cooperate between respecting and being there if help if needed.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Weak Luck.
    Unfortunately, only Agatha seems to notice P'ro'shi's presence. "P'ro'shi, is something wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    Lauca, running late to the "intervention", hurried her way through the halls towards the art room, running her hands through her hair and trying to look her best for the new teacher!

Spoiler: Luck
    Show
    Neutral Luck = +0
    But no one was there.... You could have sworn... Where are you?

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Taika simply straightens her posture and brushes off any wrinkles or dirt on her dress before entering the room. She also makes sure to turn on the record function of her phone before stepping in, whispering her consent to record into the speaker before slipping it back into her pocket.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

A Thousand Faces (Natural 1)
    You look nice, Taika! Jen says brightly.

Mallory came into the classroom, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible. Taking the lead, she tells the teacher, "Pardon us Ms. Stormsong, but we need to talk about your behavior. Some of the other students are uncomfortable with the way you act around them, and it needs to change immediately."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), Connections (+2), +4 total.
    "Look if this is the hunting, I told the last group, I'm not willing to kill myself to appease your how you say senses.... sensibilities...." Ms.Stormsong starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Tanya frowned a bit at her girlfriend's aggressive way of opening things. "Uh, what Scout means is, we just wanted to talk. Nothin's gotta change - we just kinda think there's some stuff you should be aware of."

Well, no, Mallory had meant exactly what she'd said, and was probably right that if Ms. Stormsong didn't change, it could be trouble. But still, no need to come off so scary with it right out of the gate.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face + 2 = +4 total.
    "Oh okay, yeah, but I was already aware of people being upset. Thank you for um... informing me.... For if I didn't know." Ms.Stormsong replied.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Kristi nodded along with what Mallory was saying. She wasn't really feeling like having arguments like this, but it was important for the others so she lent her support...and her cookies. Unknown to Kristi, word was starting to get around about the amazing cookies she'd baked...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Luck. Last scene for Thaw Out, and triggered Temptation in the previous scene, so that's +3.

The idea here is that word of the awesome cookies get a bunch of students to show up wanting cookies, and end up making it look like there's more to this intervention than just our group. Maybe even a teacher will show up to lend our cause a bit more credibility.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, Faustian Pact on Mallory.
    Kristi sees a metaphorical line of cute guys and girls waiting for cookies.

"Why didn't you tell me, you could bake!" Effie remarks.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

”Thank you,” Taika whispers to Jen.

“Hunting? Killing yourself? No, we just came to voice concerns about the amount of contact between you and the other students. While some of us such as myself are not too concerned, others seem to take more offense, and might read further into it,” Taika says calmly. “All we are requesting is that you be a little less... close, for lack of a better word, to your students. We already have enough wild rumors flying around the school. The last thing that we need is more hearsay. Does that make sense?”

Show

13. - Top - End - #133

”Thank you,” Taika whispers to Jen.

“Hunting? Killing yourself? No, we just came to voice concerns about the amount of contact between you and the other students. While some of us such as myself are not too concerned, others seem to take more offense, and might read further into it,” Taika says calmly. “All we are requesting is that you be a little less... close, for lack of a better word, to your students. We already have enough wild rumors flying around the school. The last thing that we need is more hearsay. Does that make sense?”
    "Is that a problem?" Ms.Stormsong says immediately relaxing upon hearing that it isn't a compliant of her hunting.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"Is that a problem?" Ms.Stormsong says immediately relaxing upon hearing that it isn't a compliant of her hunting.
    ”For the humans, yes. Their cultures tend to be more reserved than ours about physical contact and intimacy... What’s this about hunting? Who is after you about that?”

Show

15. - Top - End - #135

”For the humans, yes. Their cultures tend to be more reserved than ours about physical contact and intimacy... What’s this about hunting? Who is after you about that?”
    "Some vegetarians who seem to not know or care that I am a carnivore." Ms.Stormsong replied.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lauca looked up and down the halls for signs of her friends, or anyone for that matter. She was sure they had said to wait and meetup around here...

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"This is more serious than some anti-hunting enthusiasts jumping down your throat over your personal hobbies," Mallory pointed out, "You being so touchy-feely with your students, while possibly acceptable in your culture, would be confusing to a developing teenage mind. More importantly however, it would raise suspicions of your intentions among parents and other authority figures."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

”I cite Mal as a textbook example of that different attitude. Before we chase that hunting question any further, are we clear about how you should be acting around students?”

Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    Lauca looked up and down the halls for signs of her friends, or anyone for that matter. She was sure they had said to wait and meetup around here...
    Make a skill check DC 6]

"This is more serious than some anti-hunting enthusiasts jumping down your throat over your personal hobbies," Mallory pointed out, "You being so touchy-feely with your students, while possibly acceptable in your culture, would be confusing to a developing teenage mind. More importantly however, it would raise suspicions of your intentions among parents and other authority figures."
    See below post.

”I cite Mal as a textbook example of that different attitude. Before we chase that hunting question any further, are we clear about how you should be acting around students?”
    "I don't understand, confusing how?" Ms.Stormsong replied.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh okay, yeah, but I was already aware of people being upset. Thank you for um... informing me.... For if I didn't know." Ms.Stormsong replied.
    "Uh, don't think you do, actually," Tanya remarks as the conversation about hunting plays out.

"I don't understand, confusing how?" Ms.Stormsong replied.
    "Uh, what she means is it ain't normal in human schools for teachers to go around huggin' students much. Comes off weird and makes some people uncomfortable, since it's, uh... gettin' physically closer to someone than you usually do except with really close friends or loved ones," Tanya said, trying to get across the idea without outright bringing it up. "And there's definitely some of our classmates who've said they're uncomfortable with it, so, yeah, be a good idea not to."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

”Like I said, different values. I’ve found it easiest to just learn what they don’t like and avoid those things. The justifications don’t always make sense.”

Show

22. - Top - End - #142

"Uh, don't think you do, actually," Tanya remarks as the conversation about hunting plays out.

"Uh, what she means is it ain't normal in human schools for teachers to go around huggin' students much. Comes off weird and makes some people uncomfortable, since it's, uh... gettin' physically closer to someone than you usually do except with really close friends or loved ones," Tanya said, trying to get across the idea without outright bringing it up. "And there's definitely some of our classmates who've said they're uncomfortable with it, so, yeah, be a good idea not to."
    "You only hug close friends and loved ones?" Ms.Stormsong replies very confused.

”Like I said, different values. I’ve found it easiest to just learn what they don’t like and avoid those things. The justifications don’t always make sense.”
    "Yeah, I'm curious as to the justification for this...." Ms.Stormsong replies.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"You only hug close friends and loved ones?" Ms.Stormsong replies very confused.
    "Most of us, yeah," Tanya nodded. "It definitely ain't the sort of thing anyone expects out of a teacher around here, that's for sure."

24. - Top - End - #144

"Most of us, yeah," Tanya nodded. "It definitely ain't the sort of thing anyone expects out of a teacher around here, that's for sure."
    "I feel so bad for you!" Ms.Stormsong says immediately.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

”It’s... complicated? Yeah. Like how some gesture are considered crass and other aren’t? Adults touching children is seen as weird and potentially offensive to them. Like making fires near a nymph’s tree or stealing a witch’s hat. Seems harmless to an outsider, but it isn’t seen as such to us. Just... I want to be on your side on this. Help us help you, please?”

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"I feel so bad for you!" Ms.Stormsong says immediately.
    Tanya blinked a moment in surprise. "Uh, think you're missin' somethin' there. Point's supposed to be that people feel kinda uncomfortable with it and you really should like, stop doin' it so casually, 'cause it could end up bein' trouble if you don't."

27. - Top - End - #147

”It’s... complicated? Yeah. Like how some gesture are considered crass and other aren’t? Adults touching children is seen as weird and potentially offensive to them. Like making fires near a nymph’s tree or stealing a witch’s hat. Seems harmless to an outsider, but it isn’t seen as such to us. Just... I want to be on your side on this. Help us help you, please?”
    "People might die! I didn't know humans were that frail...." She remarks clearly concerned.

Tanya blinked a moment in surprise. "Uh, think you're missin' somethin' there. Point's supposed to be that people feel kinda uncomfortable with it and you really should like, stop doin' it so casually, 'cause it could end up bein' trouble if you don't."
    "Well yeah, I'll stop right away if people are in danger."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

”Near, not on, but yes, some people treat it that seriously,” Taika says, trying to clarify. “Like I said, it’s complicated and their own weird, cultural thing. It has its reasons, even if we can’t relate to them directly. Can we just get your word that you’ll cut down on the physical contact?”

Show

29. - Top - End - #149

”Near, not on, but yes, some people treat it that seriously,” Taika says, trying to clarify. “Like I said, it’s complicated and their own weird, cultural thing. It has its reasons, even if we can’t relate to them directly. Can we just get your word that you’ll cut down on the physical contact?”
    "Yeah, sure... Please tell me that I can still eat meat, right?" Ms.Stormsong replies.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Of course you can," Mallory said, relieved that the nymph finally seems to understand, "That's not something that will get you in serious trouble. The students who brought it up to you are simply overreacting."