New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Legacy of Fire SoP/PoW/SoM Edition II: Electric Boogaloo

Lark's expression changed from worry to frustrated anger. "Do you see a bow here?" She gestures with her empty hands. "Not all of us fight up close, you know. Besides, you know damn well we fight best with me as ranged support on overwatch. How am I supposed to do that here? Do you expect me to fire through solid stone?" She points an accusing finger at Goma "I'm trying to help you, you @#$%ing moron. Or do you think I'm here so we can @#$% behind the stairs?"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash keeps his face impassive. "Play later, questions now. How did you get a message from the carrion king?"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

"And as you are the messenger, are you here on his behalf?" asks Khwaja Malak.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Lark runs her hand across her hair in consternation "Kinda?" She turn to Goma "Listen. He knows we're a thing and that you've come from Kelmarane to stop him. You can't; he's too powerful. We're pretty much just waiting for the final troops to get here. In five days, they begin the march to Kelmarane and they will take the city back and make an example to anyone they find there. He's got powers from some horrible god-thing. You don't understand how strong he is; his ferocity knows no bounds. He'll crush you." She lays a hand on Goma's face, caressing it tenderly.

"Come with me, Sweetmeat. We'll head far away from here. I hear there's good hunting to the northeast. We'll find a place, eat good food, @#$% every night and maybe raise some cubs. It'll be amazing. Just you and me. Your friends can come too if they want. I don't care. Just walk away." She says the last bit in an especially pleading tone.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-04-17 at 02:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Goma looks pale, which is hard to do through fur. He thinks for a moment about what his life could be like raising fat cubs. Then he thinks about everyone elses fates.

"Lark, you know I can't stop now. We would never be safe. You can help me kill this bully or wait for me to return, but don't stand in the way."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone make a DC 27 perception check. Let's just say that PSinger will get to use his bonus.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

The sheer economic damage the gnoll's describing is enough to get Alssariq on board.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+12)[22]

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling a little uneasy about a half-feline lycanthrope and an anthropomorphic canine talking about children, Rafe starts looking around uneasily.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Perception (1d20+9)[17], +1 if Danger of Ambush, +2 if Trap nearby
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

As Lark poured her heart out to Goma, the rest of the party gather closer as to not risk separating them. While the rest of the party was either distracted by Lark and/or avoiding paying attention to Lark, Malak notices movement from the corner of his eye, as there are shimmering disturbances in the air, coming from the north and they're closing fast. What will you do?

Spoiler: The Map
    Show

Spoiler: The Map for Malak
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370

"6-Man Ambush from north; danger close!" shouts Khwaja Malak as he steps back a few feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    He immediately casts aura of serendipity. Spend 1 SP to have it running
    Perform (oratory) (1d20+14)[18]
    Take 5' step SW.

I only took a single action, since this is likely a "surprise round."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-04-18 at 08:02 PM. Reason: GM-Allowed Edit
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Lark nodded tersely, but looked at Goma resolutely. "Then get ready because they-"

She got no further before Malak gave warning and hastily put up his field of fortune. Three pairs of invisible claws struck, two at 'Riq and one at Rafiq (They must really hate the letter 'q'. Anyway...). Rafiq didn't hear them in the slightest, so he got a double helping of pain, as the claws did 14 damage and 2 bleed damage. The Water Prince on the other hand, heard a stone moving just fast enough to dip out of the way.

It's now your turn. How will you fight what you can't see?

Note that not enough has changed on the standard map for a new one, but I will update the map for those who have pierced their invisibility (which is only currently Malak)

Spoiler: Map for Malak
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan
    HP 40/40
    AC 19

Startled by Malak's cry, Rowan let's off curses as he makes a break south, bobbing and weaving as he goes, praying that no enemies have closed in on him yet. Once he is reasonably reassured that he is safe, he casts a spell on his northernmost allies to protect them from attacks. "Malak if one gets close to me, please feel free to call it out!" Rowan calls after releasing his spell.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Action: Acrobatics to dodge any AOOs as Rowan moves 20ft south (40ft move speed so with the 1/2 from acrobatics I can do it in a move action) (1d20+9)[18]
    Standard Action: Casting my new shiny spell! After Image without concentration using Ranged Time and Group Time cast on Malak, Akaash, and Riq. 3/5 Time SP remaining.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2018-04-18 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Had a period after an !. =P

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

"This conversation isn't over. We're having a serious relationship chat after this!" Goma calls out as he moves back toward his party.

Spoiler: combat
    Show
    Swift action: Tactical Rush 10ft north.
    Full Round Action: Defensive Focus to increase threatened range to 15ft.
    AOO's: Use an AOO if an ally is attacked for Active Defense (+3 AC). Using the rest to smack anything that provokes.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Unable to see the attackers, Akaash calls for guidance. "Malak! 20 foot radius, maximum entrapment, keep us out. Where do you want it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    will use energy wall when he has a location to center it

15. - Top - End - #375

"Akaash, 25' directly in front of my position as of now .... Mark!" As soon as Khawja Malak finishes calling off the mark, he then seeks to help his beleaguered friends by thinning the herd. He steps back a little and then looks at the three eastern stragglers. In Gnoll he says, "Quick, a legion from Kelmarane has been sent ahead to attack this stronghold in the name of Lamashtu. They're coming up the river. Go down river until you just see them, count their number, and return to me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free/ Non-Action: Vocals. Step 1 square SW.
    SA:
    Cast group charm (1 SP) with Greater Charm on it (1 SP). I can get three targets total. So, the two gnolls to the south that are really close to the east, as well as the gnoll that's farthest north in line from Malak's original square. Perform (oratory) (1d20+15)[28]
    * Will DC 17 negates, but remember that the closer gnolls get a total -3 to their saves (-1 for aura, -2 greater charm). The north gnoll isn't affected by the aura, so only -2 penalty.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-04-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Alssariq springs backwards, cursing vilely in about a dozen different trader's tongues as he tries to get away from the enemy he can't see.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Taking a Withdraw action to get out of Akaash's spell without provoking.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash gathers a roiling ball of air, then sends it forth, the line turning until it comes into itself, forming a wall of air and entrained debris.
    Spoiler
    Show
    anything that crosses the energy wall takes (5d6)[15] damage and get bullrushed back with a CMB check of (1d20+11)[31] (unless you rather roll each individually)

2 SP

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Rafe trusts in the more observant and magical of the group to help him out, so he wastes the time of whomever his attacking him or would attack him by setting up a dodging and parrying sequence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total defense, so AC is now 29 ... and Uncanny Dodge works against invisible opps.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

The group does its best to reposition from the invisible threat, both Rowan and Riq scooting back, though Rowan's hand twist in arcane motions as he does so. With Malak's sharp eyes guiding him, Akaash sets forth a hemisphere of swirling air which sends two gnolls outwards; one must have masking the other under a veil of invisibility, but the shock of being thrown back so violently made him lose the spell. Malak then tries his mental magics on the gnolls; trying to convince them that danger was coming from afar. The far gnoll then turns tail and runs, though if it is to comply with the demand or simple cowardice, you know not. Meanwhile, the Water Prince tenses for a strike that never comes. And Lark runs around the back of the stairs, though if she is searching for something or simply trying to get a safe distance away is unknown at this time.

The gnolls strike back, or least they try to. The ither gnoll didn't realize that it was no longer invisible and went for an arching strike that Malak easily dodged. Goma finds that keeping an eye out for danger is really difficult when your foe is invisible and gets blasted for 11 damage by an unseen foe. Akaash heard a shifting stone just in time to dodge an invisible gnoll, but turned just in time to get a blast of deadly force square in the face, snapping his head backwards...

...Or so it seemed. For you see, what the gnoll blaster didn't know was that the real Akaash had already stepped back into position and the gnoll had simply hit the after image that Rowan's magic had provided.

A note about invisibility: Remember, since we're using SoP invisibility rather than the standard Vancian, it's simply a bonus to Stealth rather than "it is impossible for you to see them". Anyone who wants to spend a move action can attempt to beat their stealth. People with nonstandard senses can use them for their rolls and will get a bonus as the invisibility doesn't hide it from all things.

Spoiler: Visible map
    Show

Direct link
    Note that I didn't put up Malak's aura, as everyone you can see is either obviously in it or obviously out of it.

Spoiler: Invisible map; only Malak sees it currently
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380

Khwaja Malak steps away from his current attacker. He points out the five he can see to his teammates, to at least give a rough idea. "One ran off."

He focuses on the three to his northwest and says in Gnoll, "The one that ran off needs your help or he'll be overrun by Lamashtu's confederates!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    FA: 5' step SW. Vocals/ pointing.
    SA: Once again, let's get some (powerful) group charm going (2 SPs). Perform (oratory) (1d20+15)[25] (includes aura).
    * Targeting the three nearer ones to his NW.
    * Will DC 17 negates, but the two closer ones suffer a -3 penalty, and the one farther NW suffers a -2 penalty. (My 5' step put him out of my aura.)

As always, please remember my aura for heroes and allies alike.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash spins around, throwing an axe kick at the visible gnoll to get it off of Malak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    energy blade [roll]1d20+11[/roll[ (includes aura) rolled 30 in Dicsord chat
    damage (1d6+6)[8] + (5d6)[22] nonlethal
    trip (1d20+15)[33]
    Last edited by stack; 2018-04-24 at 12:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan
    HP 40/40
    AC 19

Focusing closely on the surroundings, Rowan tries to pick out an invisible gnoll and should he succeed, he sends a gout of flame at them.

Show
    Move Action: Perception against gnolls: (1d20+1)[14]
    If I find an Invisible Gnoll that isn't in melee, Searing Blast: (1d20+7)[19] Damage: (6d8+6)[36]

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Goma takes a few deep breaths in through his nose and scans the area. Regardless of his findings he roars to aid his allies.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+10)[14]

Show
    If he sees any gnolls he'll 5ft step toward them and either attack (If in reach) or point them out to his allies.

Swift action: Encouraging Roar.
    Theoretical attack with Tower Shield: (1d20+11)[17], (3d6+8)[22]

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Even more unsure of where bad guys are than before, despite Mal's help, Rafe steps into where the Nethys priest was and continues a defensive posture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to fill in where Malak was standing. Continue to use total defense.
    Current Games

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Alssariq swings wide around the visible gnoll, trapping it between him and Malak while his long knife sought the creature's spleen.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Moving to flank.

Perception - (1d20+13)[33] This is for anti-invisibility.

Scout - (1d20+13)[31] If this beats DC 10 + the Gnoll's CR, they take a -2 to AC and I gain a +2 to AC vs its attacks.
    Counter Punch if the gnoll tries to attack.
    Counter Punch - (1d20+13)[30] Damage - (5d6+13)[28] and if it hits the target takes a -2 to attacks with one arm (pick one, I don't care)
    As per usual, +1 AC and if they miss Alssariq gets an attack.
    Shoulder Roll Attack - (1d20+13)[24] Damage - (1d6+5)[10]
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2018-04-25 at 05:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Malak once again uses his honeyed words to try and trick the gnolls into retreating, though if he was successful you can't tell. Goma tries to detect the hidden gnolls, but can't pick them out of the ambient scents. Rowan's attempts to find the wayward gnolls fares no better. The Water Prince maintains his defensive stance. Akaash slams hit foot into the visible gnoll's face, the impact spinning the gnoll around until it lands face-down on the floor. Riq squints until he sees the telltale shivering of the air, seeing the closest gnoll so he adjust his position accordingly. Meanwhile, Lark continues to head west.

The gnoll was clearly counting on his invisibility as his technique was sloppy and got taken apart by the Riq; First he tried to swing a clawed fist that just missed his face, but Riq parries his arm and smashes his forearm into the gnoll's head. When the gnoll tried to escape, he slammed his heel into the back of the gnoll's knee, hobbling him for a moment as he makes his escape. The invisible blaster continues their assault, blasting Goma for 13 damage.

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show

Spoiler: Invisible map
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash moves towards the source of the blast, then tries to pinpoint the caster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move to the place the blast came from (45 ft move available, get as close as possible), perception (1d20+6)[22]

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Rafe continues as before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    MA: Perception (1d20+10)[14]
    SA: Total defense, AC = 28
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Goma sniffs again and looks for a target. Finding none he takes a breath and centers himself

Show
    Move action: Perception check (rolled in Discord): 16.
    Standard action: Recover Encouraging Roar.
    Swift action: Switch stance to Silver Crane Waltz.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan
    HP 40/40
    AC 19

Failing to see a gnoll, Rowan doesn't give up and tries to pick out an invisible gnoll and should he succeed, he sends a gout of flame at them.

Show
    Move Action: Perception against gnolls: (1d20+1)[18]
    If I find an Invisible Gnoll that isn't in melee, Searing Blast: (1d20+7)[10] Damage: (6d8+6)[35]