New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[All Around - One LKW]

(Sorry)

The man grabs the tool not wondering even the slightest. A few moments later you can hear the dying sound of the alarm as it got shut down brutally. damn old alarms that don't stop ringing. after that the man throws the tool back behind the seat and closes the truck. With a jawn he goes back to sleep.
    Now the truck seems to be free for Alni.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [All Around - One LKW]

When the man leaves the truck, Alni lets out a sigh of relief. That was close. They might have had quite a lot of commotion to deal with.
    She places the screwdriver back in the basket, waits a minute, and then slips up to the front seat again. Then, out of the basket she retrieves a little round bird from its nest.

With his help, she very quickly sets about stripping the steering column and hotwiring the vehicle. It is an old truck without many modern security features, after all. Should be easy.

With that done, the gas pedal presses itself down (as if by magic) and the truck should roar off down the street.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

The warlock smiles. "Good enough." She repeats. "I hope you two had a time time, not every day you see that." The she offers her hand to Maiel. "But let's shake on our new partnership, shall we?"
    Maiel morphs back into his man-shape, his disguise, and steps closer to Tellysandra warily. One doesn't shake a witch's hand lightly, but... He had not agreed to anything more significant than this partnership. He takes the lady's slender hand and shakes it.

"...I enjoyed myself," he casts a look at Ismodus. The man refocuses on Telly and, after a second of deliberation, tries to lift her hand and kiss her knuckles.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #394

Default Re: [All Around - One LKW]

[All Around - One LKW]

And down the road it goes. the truckis indeed old and so is the security. Only the alarm seemed to be rather unique. So the girl and her psyche pokemon can steal the truck. Hurray!!!
    Not sure how good she is at driving, but if she isn't she soon hears the load flying around in the back.

5. - Top - End - #395

Alni is not a good driver. As we've seen, she can't even reach the pedals without the help of her pokemon, which leads to some dangerous delays.
    She winces at each bump of whatever it is crashing around in the bed of the truck.

Once the stolen vehicle has been absconded with to KABAL territory, she shuts off the engine and goes to open the back of the truck and see what's what.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse] - Night time]

Dena shrugs, though it is barely noticeable for anyone but Kirk. It isn't a protest though, so she is going to allow it.
    "Excellent, excellent." The imp smiles widely as he makes a throwing motion at them, coming out of his hand are three markers that weren't there before. "First, we're going to make the markers. Since you two obviously will work together, and since it is your first game, I'm going to allow you to discuss them together. In addition, you can also pick who is going first. Am I nice or what?" The imp declares as another marker has appeared in his palm. "But first things first, make up three requests you want, then we'll start playing the game. Remember, whoever goes first gets that extra third marker." Limithius points at the third chip that he threw to them.

The other two demons suddenly have their own markers at hand.

"Any questions?"
    [Tellysandra's Manse] - Night time]

"No, just give us a few minutes to discuss." Kirk wil try to pull Dena aside. "I figure we can choose things that we were planning anyway. Either we end up with tokens that don't affect us, or we get some 'help'."

7. - Top - End - #397

[Tellysandra's Manse - Night time]

"Right, right, take your time to plot. That's what makes the game fun." The imp remarks as Kirk pulls Dena aside.
    "Sounds good, though I can't help but to think what happens if you put conditions in these markers, like 'if you are a smelly imp, go to hell'. But being very specific about the help is better in this situation. Like 'Help us save Fettina from her imprisonment', maybe even include that serial number of hers. That will be difficult to turn back at us." She says quietly.

The demons seem far more casual about this, already bickering with one another in the background.

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The archwarlock smiles at his gesture, though it garners an annoyed stare from the winged woman who suddenly looks up from her cellphone.
    Ismodious, who is still in his serpentine form smiles with all his ever-so-sharp teeth showing. "And I'm glad I didn't got killed." He hisses, and then laughs."But really, it had been a while. I'm rusty."

"Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and can stay so polite. Real gentlemen you are."

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Alni is not a good driver. As we've seen, she can't even reach the pedals without the help of her pokemon, which leads to some dangerous delays.
    She winces at each bump of whatever it is crashing around in the bed of the truck.

Once the stolen vehicle has been absconded with to KABAL territory, she shuts off the engine and goes to open the back of the truck and see what's what.

[All Around - One LKW]

Randomly thrown around boxes will fall over Alni as she opens the doors. The packages contain variouse things. mostly something ordered by people here. there seems nothing special in this car. She only might get the feeling that the storage are is smaller then the truck is long. Like there is some space between the sorage and the driver cabin that she can't reach.

[Arkant's Lab]

Arkant isn't aware about the stolen vehicle rigth now, but he will be soon. Still something else bothers him as he looks at the screen of his computer.

"What keeps them up? They should have arrived here some time ago."
    he mumbels and starts walking to the window looking out in search of someone.

9. - Top - End - #399

Junk, junk, this is all junk! Was it a trap? But then why was the guy who investigated so easy to run off?
    Alni peeks outside to verify the length of the truck. Yep, definitely space missing.
    She scans the front wall of the storage space like she did with the truck as a whole, looking for secret doors or latches.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #400

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The archwarlock smiles at his gesture, though it garners an annoyed stare from the winged woman who suddenly looks up from her cellphone.
    Ismodious, who is still in his serpentine form smiles with all his ever-so-sharp teeth showing. "And I'm glad I didn't got killed." He hisses, and then laughs."But really, it had been a while. I'm rusty."

"Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and can stay so polite. Real gentlemen you are."
    Oh, hm. Maiel had been under the impression Ismodus was some kind of demon, and any death he experienced wouldn't exactly stick. He would have been a little more careful otherwise, but he won't mention it now.

"Mmh," Maiel placidly agrees. "So, if we have an accord..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #401

Junk, junk, this is all junk! Was it a trap? But then why was the guy who investigated so easy to run off?
    Alni peeks outside to verify the length of the truck. Yep, definitely space missing.
    She scans the front wall of the storage space like she did with the truck as a whole, looking for secret doors or latches.
    There apears to be some kind of hidden door, but it's very hard to find. With all the packages and letters you would miss it.
    The strange thing is. it seems to be locked from inside and there is no visible outside opener. Also some kind of Magic protects it from watching through. On a first sight it might have been just the material, but now she is sure there is something else.

12. - Top - End - #402

Well, with magic blocking anyone from looking inside, it must not want to be openable.
    "You see this, Pazuzu? A secret compartment, warded by magic."
    "Nya!" chirps the tiny bird.
    "Break it open, won't you?"
    The pokemon's eyes glow blue, and the blue glow should spread to the hidden door's edges as he tries to telekinetically rip it from its hinges.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #403

[All Around - One LKW]

Curse you telekinetically bird pokemon with you ability that wasn't covered up in the protection spells. Unless the bird has some kind of limit (it's after all a steel plate) teh door is ripped open. An ugly smell comes out like somehting lived there for quiet some days, followed by "Uhhhrg" as something climbes out the now open path.

The creatures inside can be count as humanoid people of different races, but they are deformed. Some parts of them like arms feet, breast or hip appear blown up like baloons. Some even miss limbs and one apperantly misses his head. They will try to get out and attack every moving beeing using their deformed limbs like maces. You don't want to get hit by it.

14. - Top - End - #404

It has limits, but a steel door isn't too much to handle.

Alni looks at the monstrous figures coming out of the secret hatch and quickly realizes that this was a mistake when one swings a a giant hand at her. She ducks, takes the bird, and dives outside the truck bed, trying to slam the door shut and keep the monsters stuck inside. But unless they're really slow, she probably won't manage to trap them all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #405

[The One LKW at Kabal]

They are slow, much like Zombies, but they got good reasons. Because of the strange mutations some have big foots or legs which makes it hard to walk with. After alini shuts the truck the monsters inside seem to slam against the trucks wall and with time she might notice how the small metall bends slowly to the monsters attacks.

16. - Top - End - #406

Default [The One LKW at Kabal]

Poor things.

Alni takes a deep breath once she gets out of the trucks.
    Who would do this? A truck with a secret compartment full of mutants/zombies?

Then they start banging on the walls. That's okay, let them-oh no. They'll get out eventually. Um. Um....Should they just flee while the monsters are trapped? Stay and fight them? Hmm. Alni rushes to get back into the cab and restart the truck.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #407

[The One LKW at Kabal]

The truck starts, but the monsters behind continue to throw there arms which makes driving a lot harder since they push things to the side. but it still needs a bit befor they can break the walls or the door open.

18. - Top - End - #408

Alni has a plan. It would, if she stopped to consider it, definitely be recognized as a bad plan. But she's short on time to think and has already started. She hits the gas.

Now, she's not a great driver, but that might work in their favor. The monsters could be tossed around the back of the truck as she goes around corners and swerves to avoid hitting anything. Pazuzu scans the future, finding roads that won't have much (or any) traffic at this time of night and directing her this way or that with a chirp.

They're heading for the edge of the city.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #409

[The One LKW at Kabal]

The creatures inside are at Alni's mercy. They sure try to break free, but unless she takes a sharp cure, where they fall against a wall and trip the truck, they won't manage to do much. Obviously they are just dump meatbags. The question is, does she want to harm people in groundside by throwing the whole truck down?

Until now the truck is not missing, but that won't stay forever. After all soemone has put those in there so he might have an eye on it.

20. - Top - End - #410

I said it was a bad plan.

Alni adjusts how she's situated and grabs the door handle.
    The truck barrels through a small safety railing and off the edge of the flying city.
    She dives out the side of the truck, and with a flash the Natu catches them both in a telekinetic field and lifts them up to be put back on the city proper. Then they watch the truck fall. Oh, is that going to hit something? Whoops.

Well, that was exciting. Taking a deep breath, she sets her basket down and dusts off her hands.
    It's just...didn't she see other similar trucks during the day?
    There's more at work here than one shipment of zombies.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk considers a bit more, and then he seems to make up his mind. Dena is going to be pissed. "You know what. How about we go with plan B?" He gives her a cheeky wink, and turns to avoid her wrath. "So what was it for the starting player again? Two tokens?" He asks conversationally.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-06-25 at 09:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Well, it depends on what you count as 'death'. He wouldn't have died the way humans think of as death. More like a temporary state.

"Ah, yes. Do you want a room in the manor? Since I would be more than happy to offer you one, and even if you prefer a less stationary home you can always stay there whenever you want." The lady offers as the winged being continues quickly moving her finger across the phone. It appears that she is in some kind of chat.

Kirk will feel Dena's fingers bore into his shoulders as soon as he turns around. "Hold on a moment, just one more thing." She declares loudly.
    The imp gives them a suspicious look. "Yeah, two tokens, like I said." He states, the other two already having taken a seat and now waiting impatiently. Indeed, the bird demon is already getting up, as if suspecting foul play.

Regardless if Dena can turn around Kirk or not, she will still whisper to him. "We're not that dessperate yet." She hisses, that drawn out s-sound clearly audible, like whenever she has a heightened emotional state. "It'd be over in twenty minutes tops."

23. - Top - End - #413

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel seems genuinely flattered, even if the indication on his face is small. "...I could use a place to stay here in Skyside. I would be remiss to decline." He inclines his head. "Thank you. Ah... would you show me to these quarters of mine?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, cold feet. Excuse us one more minute." Kirk says to the demons, perfectly amicably. He turns back to Dena and replies in a low voice. "Twenty minutes observed in the belly of the beast. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me."

25. - Top - End - #415

Default Re: [The One LKW at Kabal]

I said it was a bad plan.

Alni adjusts how she's situated and grabs the door handle.
    The truck barrels through a small safety railing and off the edge of the flying city.
    She dives out the side of the truck, and with a flash the Natu catches them both in a telekinetic field and lifts them up to be put back on the city proper. Then they watch the truck fall. Oh, is that going to hit something? Whoops.

Well, that was exciting. Taking a deep breath, she sets her basket down and dusts off her hands.
    It's just...didn't she see other similar trucks during the day?
    There's more at work here than one shipment of zombies.
    The truck falls down, right into the homes of some people living directly under Skyside. The poor family has no chance to escape since it is night and they didn't expect such a heavy rain. The truck sure explodes, not in the hollywood style but enougth to wake up the people in groundtown.

What may be most interesting is that two of the monster seem to survive the fall and they start attacking the citizen.

26. - Top - End - #416

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The winged being finally looks up from her phone as Tellysandra's suggestion actually seem to dawn to her and she looks up at Maiel and frowns, uttering the first words during this entire time. "Are you sure that's wise? We barely know him after all."

Tellysandra dismisses this with a simple gesture. "Don't question me now, 'El. Why don't you help me show him his new quarters instead?"

The angel says nothing, instead there is a shimmer of light across her skin and a heavenly blue dress with a open back for her huge wings is added on-top her bikini top.

"Excellent." Tellysandra gestures for him to follow and then begin to make her way towards the manor with "'El" and Siro close behind her.

They will lead him through Stratocumulusrest manor, the guards they pass by nodding respectfully to the lady as she passes them by.
    Eventually, Maiel will be led up a great staircase that appears to be made completely out of glass. It feels far sturdier than it looks however.
    "By the way, Maiel." Telly suddenly remarks as she walks. "How familiar are you with MERC? As in the mercenary organization."

Dena eyes the demons and then looks back at Kirk. "I assume you have a plan then. How long? Just for this game or am I going to be playing until we get the queen?" She whispers back.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-06-29 at 07:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

"Longer than just this. We'll have to play it by ear, though." Kirk says. "You ready?"

28. - Top - End - #418

There was that ****ty phrase he kept using again, 'play it by the ear'. Essentially like jumping off a unruly horse in the middle of a gallop and hope for the best, only this time they were doing it in front of a freaking cliff.
    How Kirk had managed to survive for this long was beyond her, by her accounts he should have been dead centuries ago. The ancestors must really be watching over him for reasons far beyond her.

"Hey, just what are you two up to?" The imp questions, clearly getting impatient.

Welp, no time to argue anymore. "Idiot." She hisses to Kirk before turning to address the demons. "Just discussing my medication. Don't worry." She reaches into the neck of her armor and pulls out a small vial that has been hanging around her neck. She puts it against her nose and then snorts in the contents.

But worrying is just what the bird demon is doing, it approaches them, talons out. "I've had enough of this trickery." Its going to grab Dena by the throat, and perhaps tear it out while its at it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-06-29 at 07:48 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419

[Tellysandra's Manse - Night Time]

Maiel seems to be a bit cautious about stepping on a glass staircase, but after Telly goes ahead of him he can hardly hesitate. He follows and grunts acknowledgement. "Only passingly. They were one other place I considered offering my services to, but they live on a mountain and I don't think they pay as well."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

ATTACK!

It all starts at night, in Groundtown. A lone triplane flies a loop over the area before returning to wherever it came from. Then, a solitary artillery shell arcs its way up from a mile or so away, bursting amongst the houses in the poor landbound district. The night is quickly filled with the sounds of the artillery barrage. Minutes later, the armor column reaches the edge of the city, a group of old-fashioned tanks rolling into the area and opening fire on any resistance they encounter. Following the tanks is a group of undead soldiers, skeletal creatures dressed in the remnants of the uniforms of dozens of different nations. They take to the streets with flamethrowers and shotguns, wiping out anything the tanks missed. The entire operation is brutally efficient, ruthless in design.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters