New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Tellysandra's Manse - Night Time]

"I-I think so," Tina manages to do so, wobbling. Her wings fold behind her back defensively as she clutches at herself, still extremely confused about the whole situation. She looks at Kirk and seems to wince. "Kirk... why are you so-- so mad? You look like you did when you caught up to me the first time... after I stole from you... remember?" Tina makes a hiccuping, sheepish laugh. Her eyes are very large, dull red and burning, like two stars nearing the ends of their lives. "You're really scary. It's gotta be bad if you're like this. It's making me really scared."

She reaches back and pulls at one of her metallic wings. "I'm scared and I don't... I don't know what these are! I can't make wings Kirk. I can't make wings." She stares at them, as if noticing for the first time. "Tried. I can't."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The alarm goes on, but no more guards arrive at least. The other prisoners are pounding on their cells yet they make no sound. Seems their cells are sound proof.

"Listen, Fettina." Kirk says firmly but not harshly. "We're getting out of here first. Everything else can wait." He touches her cheek and holds her gaze. "Okay?"

If that can keep her from panicking for now, he'll focus on just how they're going to do that. They need Dena first, of course. He doesn't want to leave the gorgon on her own any longer either. "Fettina, stand against the wall there." He tells her. If she does, he'll go to each and other cell one by one and open them up. Chaos is going to work in their favour, so here comes another rogue element.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Halfling in the Playground

Tina shivers and wraps her arms around herself. "Okay," she agrees, seemingly soothed by his familiar gaze and the touch of his hand. She grimaces and shrinks those wings as close to her as possible, backing toward the wall when she's bidden. She'll wait there for further instructions, and hurry along with him as best she can when they need to leave.

The neon girl tries not to look at the corpses on the floor, or consider the implications. Kirk had killed for her? She'd killed those mercenaries a few weeks ago, she had barely processed it at the time... She hadn't know how to feel. Was this different? Worse?

Seeing all the blood was certainly worse...

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"It sounds to me like you enjoy the force of it. The blood. You could always have set up in another city, you know," Maiel points out. "But I suppose this is your home, as well."

"...I couldn't live my life in the air. I can't take it for too long. You know I can feel it? Every ounce of dirt on this floating clod. The weight in every stone. For me it's... unbearable being disconnected from proper earth. I require frequent distraction."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse - Meeting]

"That sounds very reasonable. I'm sure our lawyers can work out the details of the deal between them. I will of course make sure no one finds out about our partnership. We have more partners who prefer discretion, we know how to handle it." Tellysandra replies as she hands over the rose to one of the guards. "But I don't suppose you have anything vehicle related too? And please don't saying flying cars, that never works out." The warlock smiles.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods slowly here, raising a brow. "Interestingly enough, vhe do. You see, one of our more influential s-sponsors made a request some time ago f-for a curious aerial assault vehicle. Vhile one of z-zhese devices vhas successfully constructed and deployed, his untimely death resulted in zhe termination of zhe project."

"I believe vhe have it's successor in storage."

5. - Top - End - #545

"Aerial assault? So we're not talking about personal vehicles then." Tellysandra muses. "I'd take a look though, not that I'm sure I'd entrust most people to a flying car. Even in skyside driving around one of those is frowned upon, particularly when you happen to crash into their apartment. It has happened too many times by now. Some mad scientist deciding that a regular car just isn't good enough."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

The gray-coated man nods, pressing the tips of his fingers against one another. "No, vhe are not." He chuckles somewhat before continuing, gesturing towards the direction of his own vehicle. "If... personal vehicles are m-more to your liking, however, vhe do have options on zhe table."

"Mind if I ask for specifics on vhat you vhould seek?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-08-10 at 11:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547

"That's actually the problem. What does the consumer want? In Skyside security and sturdiness is a big draw yet in Inside the market is different. Vehicles should be easy to use, in a city where a lot of people haven't even seen a car you need something you don't need any experience to drive around with. Self-driving cars is an option, but that scares them for other reasons. Not to mention that the technology has hardly been perfected yet. I mean, I have my own but that is a special case." Tellysandra attempts to explain as she gives his vehicle a look. "Yours would probably be too difficult, or scary, for them to deal with. That is of course not including the people who find cars horribly primitive."

8. - Top - End - #548

Tina shivers and wraps her arms around herself. "Okay," she agrees, seemingly soothed by his familiar gaze and the touch of his hand. She grimaces and shrinks those wings as close to her as possible, backing toward the wall when she's bidden. She'll wait there for further instructions, and hurry along with him as best she can when they need to leave.

The neon girl tries not to look at the corpses on the floor, or consider the implications. Kirk had killed for her? She'd killed those mercenaries a few weeks ago, she had barely processed it at the time... She hadn't know how to feel. Was this different? Worse?

Seeing all the blood was certainly worse...

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"It sounds to me like you enjoy the force of it. The blood. You could always have set up in another city, you know," Maiel points out. "But I suppose this is your home, as well."

"...I couldn't live my life in the air. I can't take it for too long. You know I can feel it? Every ounce of dirt on this floating clod. The weight in every stone. For me it's... unbearable being disconnected from proper earth. I require frequent distraction."

They can hear what sounds like gunfire nearby, so loud that it even cuts through the alarm.
    But the people that Kirk is releasing don't care, they're going for their chance of freedom regardless of the circumstances. Most just mumble a quick thank you before going on their way, seemingly having a better idea than they do about the layout of this place.

However, not even these guards seemed to have had the keys of all the cells. There are three that appear especially sturdy which Kirk can open no matter which key he tries.
    One has a corpse-like woman in a white robe meditating and another what appear to be a pit fiend, the third one a gnoll that bares his teeth as Kirk approach. It looks like Kirk has to leave them to their fate unless he can figure out some other way to open their cages.

Or he can simply get the hell out of here, Dena should be nearby right?

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Really? I did live on the ground once but it can't the beauty that can be found up here. Few below see it that way though, they all focus on the ugliness here in skyside. I hope you won't make the same mistake, even if you prefer the ground you must see that people here can live their lives to their full extent without having anyone else controlling them."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk doesn't waste any additional time with the cages. The ones he freed will be distraction enough (and like hell he was letting that demon out either way). He doesn't even acknowledge the ones he's leaving behind, and instead turns to Fettina.

"Follow me. If I say to take cover, get behind something. No messing around. We're getting out of hear as cleanly as possible." Provided he gets her agreement, he'll move toward the door the other prisoners surely just left through and takes a look out to take stock of the immediate situation.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Road Trip

Nora's shield is a dome that'll trap the kids inside as well as keep the mutants out. At the very least it ought to serve them up with a ringside seat to a scene that'll scar them psychologically for the rest of their lives. When the mutants don't seem too bothered by being filled with holes or being knocked away, the woman sighs and takes a moment to take her high heels off. "Someone mind putting these up for me?" She asks over her shoulder, dangling her expensive shoes from one hand before tossing them at the vehicle. Hopefully someone would catch them.

When she's done, she simply begins walking towards the closest mutant with a balled fist. Right. So. Super tough. Super big. Possible regeneration to holes. Fine. But what about massive amounts of blunt trauma? By all that's Light I hate this spell... The KABAL goons, kids, and mutants all will see Nora radiate soft white light for a moment before her already formidable muscles grow and bulge. Her muscle mass almost doubles as she closes within arm's reach of a mutant and delivers a hard punch right at its chest. The punch should be more than powerful enough to pulverize bone and send the mutant flying off across the street or into a building.

11. - Top - End - #551

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Attack, Street of Slavers- West

He's not quite undead- Fallout-style radiation ghoul, not a DnD-style flesh-feasting undead monster- but it's an easy mistake to make. He still tries to crawl away, at least as far as the barricade to give him a little cover. The Allomancer continues firing her pistols at the mutant, though I doubt it's wearing anything made of metal she could Push on to try and force it away (although that would rely on it weighing less than her, since she'd be Pushing her weight against the mutant's... And where she hangs in the air isn't exactly well-anchored for such a Pushing match).

The Altmer copies her wind of ice spell again, following it up with a barrage of magically-launched icicles at the area around the edges of the icy wind. The Faunus is still waiting.

Attack, Street of Slavers- East

Since that didn't seem as effective, the Houndoom switches back to Flamethrower. The Dunmer stops his lightning bolts to drink a potion to replenish his magic supplies, and instead gestures with his bone staff, sending a blast of concentrated sound at the mutant. The sound is the exact frequency to shatter bone, though I'm not sure how effective that would be against this creature.

Whilst the Thug with the axe continues smashing away at any piece of the mutant large enough for him to hit, the cleric puts her whip away and starts chanting a prayer to her sadistic deity. The half-elf's voice is high and clear, and she starts to glow with holy light.

Attack, Street of Slavers- West

No mettal at all. the creature seems to be naked and just using natural weapons. The blind shots result in no hit this time, but as the second wave is out the sound of ssomething hitting flesh can be heared as some icicles pierce the unknown creatures body. It shouts out in pain and seems to realize that this end is a dead one. it soon tries to retreat to the other side. the gas following up if nothing keeps it from going. Thought the ice has slowed it down and the fire burnt away the gas befor so the gas cloud is remarkable smaller. A trace of cblood can be found where the creature was and the gas is gone.

Attack, Street of Slavers- East

The fire is more effektiv again since it melts the creature down again, but without the lightning schoking it it continues to come closer. Thought it's at least shrunk by 1/4 of his original size.
    The sound shockwave is not so effekctiv. The goo body reacts to it like jelly and just wobbels in waves making it a bit harder for the flames to burn away tthe goo. On the other hand it also stops it's movements again since the woobling body can't make straight steps forward.

The mutant is just going to reform, but much slower then it got sliced to peaces. That means the cleric is not in danger of getting attacked unless she accidently eats up the goo.

Tellysandra nods as her invisible eyes focus on the gun again. "And here comes to part where I ask what you want in exchange for all this. Just how can I and KABAL help you?"

Road Trip

"Seriously?!" Therese grunts as the laser seems to have done very little. She holds the rifle up to let it cool down a bit, these things easily overheated.

"Stupid kids..." Nimix doesn't seem too happy about it either. "But I'll show them, just need to type in the coordinates here.." He starts pressing buttons on his wrist computer.

"Um..." The gnoll decides to press the backpedal when the mutants starts approaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Road Trip

Nora's shield is a dome that'll trap the kids inside as well as keep the mutants out. At the very least it ought to serve them up with a ringside seat to a scene that'll scar them psychologically for the rest of their lives. When the mutants don't seem too bothered by being filled with holes or being knocked away, the woman sighs and takes a moment to take her high heels off. "Someone mind putting these up for me?" She asks over her shoulder, dangling her expensive shoes from one hand before tossing them at the vehicle. Hopefully someone would catch them.

When she's done, she simply begins walking towards the closest mutant with a balled fist. Right. So. Super tough. Super big. Possible regeneration to holes. Fine. But what about massive amounts of blunt trauma? By all that's Light I hate this spell... The KABAL goons, kids, and mutants all will see Nora radiate soft white light for a moment before her already formidable muscles grow and bulge. Her muscle mass almost doubles as she closes within arm's reach of a mutant and delivers a hard punch right at its chest. The punch should be more than powerful enough to pulverize bone and send the mutant flying off across the street or into a building.
    Road Trip

In that case the kids are traped and hit against the barrier when they realize they are trapped. They don't know what is up now. have they been the prey of two parties and will be slaves for the newcomeer? They don't know and just beginn to panic.
    The mutants are slow so some just passed the kids at best. thought driving back gives youmore time.
    Nora can come close to the mutant without even causing an reaction. they are slow in movement as well as in thinking. She got enougth time to make her hit but something appears off. as it connects it feels like any other body she migth have hit but instead of reaching bones to crush there appears to be only a jelly like substanz that gives in easily. The result is quiet impressiv as her hit makes a big hole into the mutants chest. Looking at the hole reveals that there is nothing but goo. Green goo. No bones, no organs,, no veins, nothing. These things are really nasty. And now it tries to swing back with his normal looking arm. It's an ordanary hit with the strength of a normal human. With her muscles alone she should be able to just ignore it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #552
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Attack - Cloudtops]

The Nai tries shooting the thing again, half-heartedly, then settles on the edge of the roof to watch the goings-on.
    It's a pretty tenacious opponent, this monster-mist.

((Feel free to skip me from here on. ))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-08-14 at 10:55 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's actually the problem. What does the consumer want? In Skyside security and sturdiness is a big draw yet in Inside the market is different. Vehicles should be easy to use, in a city where a lot of people haven't even seen a car you need something you don't need any experience to drive around with. Self-driving cars is an option, but that scares them for other reasons. Not to mention that the technology has hardly been perfected yet. I mean, I have my own but that is a special case." Tellysandra attempts to explain as she gives his vehicle a look. "Yours would probably be too difficult, or scary, for them to deal with. That is of course not including the people who find cars horribly primitive."
    Kramolagh furrows his brow here, thinking over the situation.

"Vhe... have considered implementing a large scale autonomous netvhork for... some time."
    "A netvhork vich self-driving vehicles could easily operate upon."

"It could be a valuable test."

--

Street of Slavers: [Not Attack]

A sleek, black vehicle parks itself in front of one of the primary hubs, still running as several individuals clad in dark, vaguely modern uniforms step out. Once these grim men have evacuated the vehicle, a final figure exits, his appearance quite different than all the rest. Tidy locks of well-groomed, wheat-colored hair fall over his unhealthily pale forehead, peppered and lined with streaks of gray, while almond-shaped eyes of cold and calculating gray peer out at the world from behind ornate circular spectacles of silvery siccatite and brilliant onyx gemstone. His unhealthily pale skin is perfect and unblemished, however, many late nights spent without suitable rest have caused dark circles to manifest beneath the figure's prying, bird-like eyes. In addition to his sunken and uncomfortably focused gray eyes, the man possesses a large, hooked nose and dark lips permanently set to smirk.

Although the man's physical appearance is relatively unremarkable, his equipment and garb stand out. The man is clad in an extravagant gray greatcoat, lined with thick fur. The well-worn coat is decorated with lines of faded silver and gold, wrapped tightly to his frame and fastened by glittering golden buttons. Beneath his enormous coat, the man wears dark-colored military dress, decorated with crimson clasps and ornamentations which all depict the same somewhat ominous-looking symbol.

After a moment, he steps into the area, followed by his men. He smiles, somewhat charmingly, towards the nearest individual who appears to function as staff.

"Excuse me, I s-seek an audience vhith zhe owner of zhis establishment."

Spoiler: Art:
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-08-14 at 11:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554

Default Re: [Attack - Cloudtops]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The Nai tries shooting the thing again, half-heartedly, then settles on the edge of the roof to watch the goings-on.
    It's a pretty tenacious opponent, this monster-mist.

((Feel free to skip me from here on. ))
    [Attack - Cloudtops]

The cloud moves on, a shout appears as one of the shoot seem to have hit it. it remains in it's position for a while like it looks for the source of the pain, but since the woman is out of range is closes up to the mutants to cover them.
    Exactly at that point a troup of armed man appear around the corner and start shooting the mutants down. It is not very efektiv , but it keeps the monser distracted.

[Arkant's Office]

Arkant suddendly rises up in his chair . He has used his min controll power to move his pawns into place. His hand wanders to his forhead sloly massagethe pain away. Those stubborn people are a real pain. controlling them is much more exhausting then having seom people with a higher intelligence. Well, it has allways been the stuborn one who beat the evil mindccontroller in the films. Why should Arkant have a better time then them? He looks up to see his body guard. Wouldn't he wear the gas mask, Arkant would look in a worried face. A lucky thing he can read the minds of nearby people without much problems.

"Don't worry." Arkant says. "Nothing unexpected happened so far. Now go out to the location i give you and do some 'hero stuff'"

"But Sir, can I leave you alone?" the man asks.

"You doubt my decission? I thought I have told you many times. I'm not that week or can I die. Now go out and do your work." he says and befor the amn can speak up. "GO!" The word carries more then a bit of anger. An order is includes only a few can withstand.

Arkant steps to the window looking down at his minions walk around. "We will see. maybe I got a Visitor." With that he turns away preparing some minor traps with his magic. Just in case.

[Skyside -Mutant attacks]

Evrywhere the mutants are and non of the locals have taken place small groups of armed people appear. They are armed like a small military troup, bullet prove wests, machineguns, Shields and so on. All those equipments wear the logo of the Arkant Company. They will start fighting those creatures of by using their shileds and guns to pin them in one place.
    On a few of those battlefields one soldier with a strange flamethrower appears. They wait for the mutants to be in one place befor they shoot out blue flames. The blue flames are very hot and even seem to melt the stones away. This kind of fire appears super effektiv against the goo monster since they melt in an instant and the soldiers cheer as the first fall.

On the Location where the dwarf woman felt appears the body guard. he tells the other Arkant soldiers to stay away as he goes into the poison cloud. Just befor he enters he takes his mask off and disapears into the cloud...
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #555

"Not exactly in a messing-around kind of mood," Tina croaks, crossing her arms around herself again and ducking her head as she follows after him.

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"It's merely the height. I've seen very little up here that is ugly. Especially in this place," Maiel rumbles. He finishes his whiskey and sets it down with a tiny tink of glass on glass. "And freedom is certainly a luxury I couldn't afford to relinquish."

"...You should let me show you the underground, Tellysandra. I promise there's as much beauty in the deep earth as there is up here," he smiles, very slightly. "Though the inhabitants are not usually quite so charming or so soothing to the eyes."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Attack- Street of Slavers- West

The defenders will let the monster retreat, so long as it's retreating away from the Guild's property. The ghoul will take off his flame-thrower and hand it to one of the guards, as he heads to the shops. He's injured, and needs to find a cleric or doctor for healing. The guard with the flamethrower isn't as effective with it as the ghoul was, but knows how to use it, and does so to burn off any more of that weird mist the monster was hiding in.

Attack- Street of Slavers- East

Not much chance of the cleric eating the goo- she's wearing a leather mask over her face, looking less like armour and more like kinky bedroom wear. But it can't accidentally splash into her face, which is probably the only way she'd eat it.

The Houndoom continues to use Flamethrower, as the Dunmer's magical energies are now replenished and he can return to using lightning instead of sound.

The Thug continues to hack at the largest pieces of the mutant, as the cleric finishes her prayer. Iron manacles on spectral chains erupt from the ground beneath the gooey beast, which will try to fasten about its limbs. If they succeed, the chains will retract and try to drag the monster with them, on an express trip to the deepest oubliette in Loviatar's Garden of Pain. Any chunks severed completely will likely still be around, but with the largest piece in a dimension of endless pain and torture, they might not be able to reform properly.

Not Attack, Street of Slavers- GIRLS

The shop is filled with cages, containing a collection of girls and young women wearing no more than their underwear. The merchandise range from thirteen to thirty, but most are between fifteen and twenty five. Jasper, the young man behind the shop's counter, looks at Kramolagh. "If your relative has been taken as a slave, I'm afraid you have to buy them back like anyone else. Unless they've already been sold, or chosen to be exported to another world. If that's the case, you'll have to bribe me to look at our warehouse and if she's there, buy her from the warehouse manager. If a slave you bought from us has died, I'm afraid once they leave this establishment we accept no responsibility for them, although we do try to keep them as healthy as we can, there's no guarantee they will survive. Or is this about something else?" Jasper's a redheaded young man wearing a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt with 'SSG' written on it letters that look like chains.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #557

As they two approach the door the majority of the prisoners have already gone through, they can hear anguished screams on the other side, some that are cut short all too quickly. If they look outside, well, Dena is there, apparently having just rounded the corner. As she is completely without any kind of sunglasses or other ways to cover her eyes, the corridor is now a gallery of terrified jade statues, only a few have managed to escape this fate, yet Dena seems barely fazed by it. Only now thinking to cover up her eyes.

She appears unharmed, but is still clearly under the influence of the spirit her snakes are shooting out from her, looking ready to bite anyone that comes close. Dena herself too looks ready to bite as her long tongue is sticking out of her mouth and her fangs out on display. She also have a almost dance-like quality to her movement, walking with an exaggerated sway.

"You found her." She observes, not saying anything else. No emotion in her voice.

((Will post for the other scenes, and Riverside for the hospital... tomorrow.))

18. - Top - End - #558

[Road Trip]

"Holy ganzongas!" Nimiz exclaims as he turns to look at Nora.
    "Focus! Shoot the monsters instead!" Therese shouts yet does not fire herself as Nora is apparently entering melee. Damn it, how was punching supposed to be better than shooting? Fists couldn't beat a laser-blast!
    "I'm doing calibrations! These things are not made for flesh brains you know!"

The gnoll, meanwhile, catches Nora's shoes and tucks them safely into the car. At least this would be entertaining to watch...

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"The underground? It'd feel like I'd relinquish the freedom of the skies if I got myself down there. Not to see the open sky, eternal darkness... you would really have to do a lot of convincing for me to go down there. Not that I doubt there is beauty to be found even there." She gestures at the room, or more accurately at the projection on the walls around them. "Even darkness can be beautiful, even if I prefer the light."

"To test? Sounds like a lot of effort for a simple test. I like the idea though, self-driving cars are the way of the future. I just hope ones would-be customers see it that way. People can be superstitious about things they do not understand, as you probably know."

19. - Top - End - #559

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"It would only be a temporary thing," Maiel assures her, smiling just a bit again, as hard as it is to tell in the dark. His fingers tap against his empty glass. "I hope you give me a chance to do some of that convincing."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

The gray-coated man responds swiftly, smiling softly. "Zhe success of a more... mundane autonomous network vhould provide invaluable information zhat vhe are simply unable to acquire via charts and graphs. I vhould zhink of i-it as field testing, as it vhere."

"I'm sure zhe populace vhould think quite vhell of zhe organization which provided zhem reliable transit, as vhell."

--

[Not Attack, Street of Slavers- GIRLS]

Kramolagh stares forward blankly, his expression inscrutable beneath his mirrored onyx spectacles.

"I vish to speak vith y-your supervisor."

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Road Trip

When Nora's fist practically sinks in, she pauses for a moment to shudder visibly. "Oh...oh Light...they're gooey!" She squeals, put off by the thought of it. That meant this entire thing was going to turn messy in ways she didn't want. And she'd have to buy new clothes after she incinerated this set. Thankfully, the others shouting snaps her out of her disgust. "You can stare at my Ganzongas later! Just...use something with cutting power!" She advises, assuming that the remark was about her. She turns her head when the mutant hits her back a couple steps, since while she didn't feel pain from it she really wasn't used to fighting.

"Oh Light this is going to get messy...your boss owes me new clothes after this!"
    Nora shouts over her shoulder before stepping back towards the mutant. Instead of punching this time, she tries to sink her fingers into neck and shoulder of the mutant before pulling. It was time to Rip and Tear, and hopefully she could just literally rip the mutants apart.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Orc in the Playground

Not-Attack, GIRLS

"My supervisor? Um, sure." Jasper rings a bell. Shortly afterwards, a ten-year-old girl with blue eyes and black hair opens a door concealed behind a rack of collars. "Callirhoe, could you fetch Alecto or your father, please?" The child nods, looks at Kramolagh briefly, and then closes the door and disappears.

"It, uh, won't be long. Feel free to peruse our selection whilst you wait, we've got all sorts. As you can see." Jasper motions to the cages, slightly disconcerted by Kramolagh's unfaltering stare. Since I don't think Kramolagh's going to look at the girls, it'll be a minute before the hidden door opens once more, and three people enter. The first is the ten-year-old girl again, leading a man with a horrifically burnt face under a pair of dark glasses. The newcomer is slightly obese, and is wearing a pair of jeans and a plain black t-shirt. After comes a young girl, about seventeen, human, wearing an iron collar and a simple white dress. The man will speak. "Yes? Can I help you? I own this store, and am a Master in the Guild."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #563

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"If you finish your assigned task, then of course." Telly replies, smiling back at the giant of a man. "I do leave the city from time to time, I don't need massive amounts of security everywhere I go. Comes with the magic." A puff of smoke appear in her hand and strikes her hand with miniature lighting, she doesn't even seem to feel it. "I'm sure you feel the same way. Power is nice after all."

The lady nods. "My thoughts exactly. The question is if you want to share the spotlight? This would likely take months, if not years, to implement and since you are starting to come out of the shadows now considering that you are reaching out to me like this, I wonder what sort of position you will be by then. You sound to be a quite progressive organization after all."

24. - Top - End - #564

[Tempest Row - Seeking Sorrow (Closed)]

Neon signs flashed, laughter filled the air, and the energetic beats of club music poured enticingly through velvet-roped entrances as a very uncomfortable-looking woman shouldered her way through the mildly crowded street, looking extremely out of place in her red-accented silver power armor. Sister Janissara tried her best not to make eye contact or let her gaze linger too long at the various xenos and heretics around her as she scanned those around her; she didn’t want to start any unnecessary fights, and even if she wanted to purge them then and there, there were far too many. Besides, she already had her quarry.

She could not **** this mission up.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - Seeking Sorrow

It doesn't take the woman long to find her quarry. About a city block ahead, through the crowds, she'll find the heavily armored form of Sorrow shouldering her way through the crowds. The large armored shoulders and jetpack were unmistakably Sororitas in origin, and there hadn't been rumors of any others in the area. She moves on fairly quickly, forcing the woman tracking her to rush to keep up, and after several twists and turns she's easily found. Of course, she's found so easily because she's seated at a cafe staring right at the corner that the woman following her will come out of if she doesn't take to the sky or try to sneak around. Her helm is on for now, but it appears she's ordered tea for two as a waiter comes over to set a pair of tea cups down.

It was an open invitation, and though a distinctive chainsword rests against Sorrow's leg, it was a peaceful one. For now.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not exactly in a messing-around kind of mood," Tina croaks, crossing her arms around herself again and ducking her head as she follows after him.

As they two approach the door the majority of the prisoners have already gone through, they can hear anguished screams on the other side, some that are cut short all too quickly. If they look outside, well, Dena is there, apparently having just rounded the corner. As she is completely without any kind of sunglasses or other ways to cover her eyes, the corridor is now a gallery of terrified jade statues, only a few have managed to escape this fate, yet Dena seems barely fazed by it. Only now thinking to cover up her eyes.

She appears unharmed, but is still clearly under the influence of the spirit her snakes are shooting out from her, looking ready to bite anyone that comes close. Dena herself too looks ready to bite as her long tongue is sticking out of her mouth and her fangs out on display. She also have a almost dance-like quality to her movement, walking with an exaggerated sway.

"You found her." She observes, not saying anything else. No emotion in her voice.

Kirk stops suddenly and looks pointedly at Dena's feet. "Face to the ground, Tina." He warns in a low voice. He hopes she'll take him seriously.

"Dena, yes. We're ready to get out of here now." He can't risk a look upward, so he can't read the situation. "Are you okay? Sounds like a real ****show out here."

27. - Top - End - #567

It doesn't take the woman long to find her quarry. About a city block ahead, through the crowds, she'll find the heavily armored form of Sorrow shouldering her way through the crowds. The large armored shoulders and jetpack were unmistakably Sororitas in origin, and there hadn't been rumors of any others in the area. She moves on fairly quickly, forcing the woman tracking her to rush to keep up, and after several twists and turns she's easily found. Of course, she's found so easily because she's seated at a cafe staring right at the corner that the woman following her will come out of if she doesn't take to the sky or try to sneak around. Her helm is on for now, but it appears she's ordered tea for two as a waiter comes over to set a pair of tea cups down.

It was an open invitation, and though a distinctive chainsword rests against Sorrow's leg, it was a peaceful one. For now.
    [Tempest Row - Sorrow Sought]

Janissara’s cerulean eyes brighten as she catches sight of the unmistakable figure ahead, and she can’t help but let a small smile spread across her somewhat angular face. Of course she would be here, of all locales! A heretic such as her would naturally be attracted to such a hive of villainy and debauchery. But that smile doesn’t last long, as the weight of her task returns. Janissara wasn’t eager to kill a former sister, even if she was a heretic. Alas, it had to be done, for the good of the Imperium.
    But then, Sorrow picked up the pace, and Jani started after her. Pushing her way through the crowd, the vaguely Arabic woman ran after her, any pretense of stealth discarded entirely. Pursuing her quarry through the unplanned twists and sudden turns of Skyside’s streets, her boots striking the pavement in a full sprint... it took the dark-haired Sororitas a moment to stop herself as she went around the final bend, pausing to stare at the scene before her.
    This had to be a trap, right?
    Warily, Janissara closed the gap, a cautious hand resting on the strap suspending her boltgun from her shoulder. ”...What are you doing?” The Sororitas hadn’t quite understood the invitation, standing by the other seat and staring down at her foe with befuddlement.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

"You really don't want to do that here."
    Sorrow warns, looking down at the gun. "You've no guarantee you can take me down in one shot and there are too many bystanders around. Besides. Good luck replenishing your bolt ammo once you're done. None is sold here." She explains, reaching down to grab two empty magazines from her ammo pouch to show that they're empty before putting them back down. "So, sit down and have a drink. I'm not going anywhere." She admits, finally reaching up to remove her helmet.

While Sorrow's armor seemed unblemished and unmarred by Chaos, Sorrow's face certainly was. A haze of warmth radiates from her head, and while she has the typical Sororitas symbols tattooed upon her cheeks, the symbol of Khorne has been carved next to the one on her right side. Likely most disturbing however was just how pale she looked and how red her eyes were. They looked like pools of blood instead, lacking pupils and irises entirely. "I'm not going to run, but if I'm to face Judgment, I'm having a cup of tea first." She explains, dropping a couple cubes of sugar into her tea.

29. - Top - End - #569

"You really don't want to do that here."
    Sorrow warns, looking down at the gun. "You've no guarantee you can take me down in one shot and there are too many bystanders around. Besides. Good luck replenishing your bolt ammo once you're done. None is sold here." She explains, reaching down to grab two empty magazines from her ammo pouch to show that they're empty before putting them back down. "So, sit down and have a drink. I'm not going anywhere." She admits, finally reaching up to remove her helmet.

While Sorrow's armor seemed unblemished and unmarred by Chaos, Sorrow's face certainly was. A haze of warmth radiates from her head, and while she has the typical Sororitas symbols tattooed upon her cheeks, the symbol of Khorne has been carved next to the one on her right side. Likely most disturbing however was just how pale she looked and how red her eyes were. They looked like pools of blood instead, lacking pupils and irises entirely. "I'm not going to run, but if I'm to face Judgment, I'm having a cup of tea first." She explains, dropping a couple cubes of sugar into her tea.
    [Tempest Row - Seeking Sorrow]

The Sororitas hesitated for a moment, her grip wavering before her hand returned to her side. Her pistol was still fairly within reach - an inferno pistol, at that - but she wasn’t tense or ready to unholster and open fire. Inwardly, she frowned. How did this woman know she wouldn’t want to rack up innocent or civilian casualties? Silently cursing herself for being so soft-hearted, Janissara took a seat. She moved to take a sip of her own cup and then frowned, studying its contents, but such actions didn’t last long as her gaze was brought back to Sorrow’s own countenance. She was... certainly not the worst looking victim of Chaos that Jani had laid eyes upon. A little sinister-looking, but still somewhat attractive.
    ”I... appreciate the gesture, but I’m not sure it’ll help. I have to do my job, I’m afraid.” Her voice was soft, gentle, and entirely ill-fitting considering her occupation. She seemed to pause a little before each sentence, as if putting a fair amount of thought into what she would say next each time.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest Row - Sorrow Found

"The job assigned to you by the Ecclesiarchy or your duty to our God-Emperor?"
    Sorrow asks, a frown evident on her face as she takes a sip of her tea. "Tell me, why do you hunt down a single woman like me? Did I bring such shame and failure to our Sisters that it can no longer be atoned for upon the field of battle? I still fight for them, you know." She wonders as she reaches up to her neck and rips off her dog tags to slide across the table. "I won't raise a blade against my sisters, but I will defend myself. Though I do wonder why they've sent just one after me. Either you are particularly deadly...or you're a nuisance and expendable. which is it?" Should she look at the dogtags, she'll find that they are indeed Sorrow's. Rather, they belong to the person Sorrow had been. Seraphim Beatrix Long, Sister Superior.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2018-08-21 at 12:19 PM.