New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[KABAL Application]

There is a pause on the other end of the line. "Well now... that sounds something the master herself would like to hear about. Would you like to tell her about this Lord Misery? Just a 'yes' or 'no' will do. She is curious about powerful demons such as the one you serve."

[The Petroldactyl]

Amy gives him a nervous look as she glances between him and the lady, eventually giving him two weak 'thumbs-up'. "Um, yes. That's actually a good idea. But just until the repairs are done."

Tellysandra nods, seemingly satisfied. "Of course, the pay will also be a lot better. You'd be able to afford a butler on your own soon enough." Smiling she gestures at Butler. "So where do you stay exactly, Butler? I have several rooms reserved for servants and guests. Far more comforting than any room this city could offer."

[The Mad Fronts]

The fog seems to be attempting to shrug. "That would depend on the hardware he uses. But simply incapacitating him wouldn't be enough as that often results in the termination of the unit. Yet another safety protocol the collective is using. While I imagine the hardware I'm using is far more durable than theirs, that's actually by design. If there is any suspected tampering with any of the units, the collective will terminate them with extreme prejudice. And they don't stay around like I do either, I'm being maintained by the system as its sometimes necessary for some of my experiments. The ethereal will instead reform within one of the hubs in galespire and be given a new, cheap, unit. That's not to say I couldn't fool the system though, but I will need more data. Perhaps you can arrange a meeting with Jinn and see what you can gather?"

[Street of Slavers]

"What did you think about Roth and her beliefs? Were you able to grasp why a person would believe such things? It was a belief that held up to at least some scrutiny after all." Ambrosia asks as they're wandering back towards one of the many ports in Skyside.

2. - Top - End - #1472

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Thundermarket Food Court

The two nearest orcs head into the building after the intruder, with the intent of finding them. They don't know the building, and they don't have anything that will help them look around except training in attacking buildings- checking each room, etc. They also don't know where the stairs are, or any other way up, so if there's lots of small rooms they might get lost and let the intruder get away- but if it's very open-plan and they can immediately see the intruder, then they can chase after them and take advantage of their strong constitutions to run up the stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Thundermarket Food Court

Jaahlyn picks up her phone without stop playing and presses a button which sends out a automated message to the orcs cellphones saying that someone is breaching the safe zone.

This building is taller than the other one with a fire escape leading to the top floor, which Jaahlyn is currently on. If he's stalking around, he will be able to see her motorcycle parked near the back entrance of the building. He could try to go for the fire escape itself, but then he would need to be able to jump quite far.
    Thundermarket Food Court

Strangly the person entering has a good knowledge about the buildings layout and will go the shortest way up the stairs. He's not running as it seems at least he doesn't make any loud noise. In addition he got no problems with most mechanical locked doors and takes the time to close them behind. Should the buildings layout not stop the Orcs they will be met by the guy pointing his shotgun at them as soon as they are in vision.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Pixie in the Playground

[KABAL Application]

There is a pause on the other end of the line. "Well now... that sounds something the master herself would like to hear about. Would you like to tell her about this Lord Misery? Just a 'yes' or 'no' will do. She is curious about powerful demons such as the one you serve."
    [KABAL Application]

"I know for sure my lord has no interest in being in this realm, otherwise he would not have sent me in his place." Rozpacz simply replies, and it's true, too! Misery won't be appearing onscreen. "So, no."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Petroldactyl]

"My own butler ma'am?" Butler considers that with some hesitation. What would he need his own butler for exactly? He doesn't own any property and if he did, he could butler for himself! Maybe she means like training a butler intern or something. He could probably do that.

"Ah, I usually stay on site, unless the boss prefers otherwise ma'am. I really just got here and haven't actually worked out a place to sleep yet ma'am. We were only part way through the tour ma'am." Butler is sure Amy would have pointed out a room for sleeping in at some point in the tour. Or at least an empty one he could temporarily convert with a cot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

"Kind of felt like justifications, to be honest," Thariza says. "She was explaining why it's okay, but she didn't explain why it's a good idea to begin with."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Orc in the Playground

Thundermarket Food Court

The orcs won't stop just because they're lost, if anything that makes them even more determined to find the human headed upstairs. They leave doors open, once they realise the man they're following isn't doing so. At least that way they won't cover any ground twice, which hopefully helps them from getting lost, even if it does mean they aren't as fast as the man they chase.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Mad Fronts]

Credit must be given. The ethereals do a good job of protecting their secrets. On the one hand, it's something Affy would quite admire in other circumstances, but right now he's on a pretty strict time limit and it'd be reeeally nice to have their bountiful supply of power at his disposal before that time runs out.

"A meeting sounds good. Whatever avenue we take, be it by blackmail or more direct control, we need information." The Prof does not sound particularly enthusiastic about this. In fact he's staring at the floor rather pensively. "I had hoped to contain my influence to Inside. But it sounds like I may need to give myself a presence here too. With a little luck, one meeting may be enough for us to have Jinn under permanent surveillance."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Parks and Reanimation

Blue-hood shakes her head, her eyes glimmering with a strange mix of red and blue as she speaks calmly to Fidelia. "I do not want to purge any ghouls, madame. But I can provide a cure of sort, and I can offer a price you might be able to pay. I have found myself in need of services. It's basic, menial tasks-"

"That's enough. That creature is completely untrustworthy." Horns-for-robes remarks, which is kinda ironic as they both have horns and tails. "Just lead us to the ghouls and don't risk your life and soul with her, we can provide repentance."

"Yup! Can I get a 'Amen'? Since we're about to purge some fools, by which I mean ghouls."

Blue-hood folds her hands, unfazed by the two others interruptions. "How long time of service do you believe what you ask for is worth?"

"That sounds like slavery to me. Don't trust it." Horn-for-robes counters. "We work for free."

Blue-robe shakes her head again. "I never do anything for free, but I can offer you a free advice, never trust those who do."[/COLOR]
    Parks and Reanimation

The woman hesitates once more, shifting her weight uneasily as she considers the blue-hooded figure's words - both in terms of proposal and advice. "I... I'm already in service to another, to some capacity, but I- I believe we can work something out." Fidelia disregards the accusations of slavery. "F-for how long... a couple months, maybe?" She hazards an unsteady guess. It was quite the debt, most likely one worth much longer than that, but Fidelia was as wary of paying too much as she was of paying too little. Provide an offer and gauge the true price from the response, is that not how such things are done?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #1479

[Street of Slavers]

"She explained how she had lived her entire life. She seemed older that she looked and considering that, she must have been so used to it at this point that even considering it would be like tearing down the supporting pillar to a mine. A mine she no longer has the capability of rebuilding, or so she believes at least. I feel that there is never too late for change." She pauses and turns to look at Thariza again. "What about you? Do you believe you can change if it would be the right thing to do? It did seem like she was questioning your way of life as well. How did you take that?"

[The Petroldactyl]

"Of course you are. Don't worry about it though, there will be plenty of time to have a look around both my manor and this base." She holds out his hand for him. "But if you take my hand, I can give you a ride directly to the manor itself. My attendants will be right there after me, don't worry about that. They can find their own way to the manor."

"Uh, good luck?" Amy remarks hesitantly, having been oddly quiet as Tellysandra has been around. The nobles mere presence seem to make her quite nervous. "I really hope everything goes well, Butler."

Parks and Reanimation

Blue-hood nods. "A few months we say then. Perhaps it will be more, perhaps it will be less, depending how much I value your work."
    "Then what about us?" Horns-for-robes remarks in a accusing tone, they still all had weapons...

[The Mad Fronts]

"You can't take on some alias? Perhaps a flesh art enthusiast? Or send one of those creations in your place? I feel like it would be ideal if Jinn didn't know who you are at the very least. The collective might decide to scan his memories if our heist is successful and I believe it might enough to rouse them from their self-imposed pacifistic stance on other beings." Shazhan suggests, he barely manages to finish the sentence before Ishamat suddenly appears in a flash of light.

She quickly turns to Shazhan, offering him a large, but seemingly lightweight, metal container marked with the same color as the Szhan cloud is assuming. "I certainly hope you've been discussing some of my projects, guys. You told him about my avatar project, right? It has real potential, a functioning avatar is already operating in AMEN as we speak."

"One thing at the time..." Shazhan let's out a sigh.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

Thariza growls a bit.

"She didn't have any right to do it. She doesn't know what the life in the Legions is. I... don't know how I feel about my old life anymore. And I've stopped trying to still be a soldier. But she never knew it and it's not her place to criticize it. If I question what I've been taught, it's because I know enough about it to do that."

She seems unaware of her hypocrisy here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-04-11 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.