New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Using rolemaster skills with D&D

Overall I like the skill system in Rolemaster I prefer it over the skill system for 3.x/pathfinder. I know there are tables to convert D&d stats to Rolemaster and I am curious has anyone tried using those tables and used the skills from Rolemaster and how much work was involved

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Using rolemaster skills with D&D

See if you can't track down the old MERP role-playing game. The 2nd edition of MERP had official conversion rules in the back, and MERP was Rolemaster-lite.

Broadly, take the MERP stat and divide by 5. You have a rough approximation of the D&D stat.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Using rolemaster skills with D&D

Quote Originally Posted by huginn View Post
    Overall I like the skill system in Rolemaster I prefer it over the skill system for 3.x/pathfinder. I know there are tables to convert D&d stats to Rolemaster and I am curious has anyone tried using those tables and used the skills from Rolemaster and how much work was involved
    I haven't, but provided that you avoid skills useful in combat and magic it should be a pretty easy conversion. You're basically just adding a skill system to a game that essentially doesn't have one, and instead of building a skill system you're just taking one. Bridge the gap with the attributes and you're set.