Spoiler: picture
    Show

Spoiler: statistics
    Show
    ac:15
    Hp: 18
    Effects: none
    Passive perception:14
    Any other useful statistics I should provide?

"Sure I don't see why not but please consider my suggestions. I really hate being ignored and have to tell you I told you so."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Wildrun: Growing Turmoil

Rurik

Rurik shrugged at the suggestion to visit the manor. "I'm fine with whatever we do, just as long as I do not have to feed goats or something silly like that." He said with a gruff chuckle.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Turning to Blastigar Steph shies away.

Yeah um.... After visiting the manor. We should see about talking to her sweetheart. Stephanie replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The group deciding on a course of action, pulls out the map Sara provided them and begins the walk from the square to the Manor. Finding the most direct path, they walk southward and pass Oshawan's Moon Inn to the east. It is a large building with a marble cut entranceway, and a sprawling 5 stories of floors. It looks to be the kind of Inn you would find in Hara Pa'ene in one of the middle-class areas, but here in Iron's Deep, it looks like a diamond in the rough compared to most of what you have seen so far. All the other buildings around it are 2 stories on average, 3 at most. Even the Guild of Life manor is only 2 stories by comparison. It is a beautiful establishment.

Taking the road directly south, you pass by many townsfolk busy about their day. Women busily shopping at the farmers markets, and men carrying tools of their craft. Occasionally you see a beggar sitting on the side of the road, almost mindlessly pleading for coin. The guards you see seem pre-occupied with actual patrolling to care much for beggars, and you do not know how they are seen in this town anyways.
    Spoiler: Retconning
    Show
    If you want to talk to any of the people you pass, let me know and I will retcon the conversation.

The road takes you further east at a slight southern clip, and you pass dress shops, and buetiques of all sorts. The further east you head, the nicer the buildings become. Wood gives way to brick, which eventually gives way to marble and hewn rock in decorative patterns. Occasionally you see a stucco pattern on the walls. Shingled roofs give way to terracotta and slate, and there are more chimneys on the homes.

As you get to the fork in the road, the roads head both north and south very decidedly. To the north is one of the shops Sara highlighted for you. It is a General store called the Dusted Trunk. The emblem is of a man dusting a fine treasure chest made of gold. You can see a variety of wares on the porch of this hewn stone 2 story structure, and within the windows, a smattering of various items.

To the south end of the road is another building Sara highlighted. The Silk Moon Pub is a fine eatery and bar. It is made from Stucco and Terracotta with stone tresses at the entrance. It is a 3 story building and it has the feel of a "multi-purpose" building for "entertainment" as well, though it is done in such a high-class manner, it does not seem out of place.
    Spoiler: Retconning again
    Show
    If you want to talk to any of the people or go into the shops, let me know and I will retcon the conversation.

heading southward, all of the homes here have gates surrounding a decent chunk of land. The homes are all of a size with the Guild of Life manor, and each has the runes surrounding them. Instead of the sand and weak shrubs you have seen thus far that the smattered throughout the town large runes provides, these homes have lush grass that is hemmed in by the small runestones.

Walking further south, you can see another building marked by Sara, called "Waiting Angels". It is a shop of sorts where healing and medicine is practiced, though not associated with the Guild of Life. They seem to sell their services, and also manufacture various potions that function with enhancing and healing the body. It is a pristine white marble 2 story building and would fit in with even the wealthier areas of Hara Pa'ene.

From where you stand at the crossroads, you can see the guard barracks nestled just outside of a large fenced in area. To the east of the barracks, you can see Mordenfell Manor. It is the largest building you have seen thus far, and has easily walled off 5 acres of land around it. The fenced in area is made of brick up to about a height of 3 feet, and has black rod Iron posts that are spaced 6 inches apart, and held together with decorative metal at top and bottom. Each post has a spear like spike at the top of it and goes up to about 10 feet. Every 10 feet there is a brick pillar that the fence it tethered to, and magical sconces are lit even in the day on each pillar. Behind the pillars you can see 2 rows of the 3 foot tall rune stones, and every 10 feet, behind the brick pillars, you can see one of the 6 foot tall runes.

The manor is made from a dark green veined marble, and seems to have some dark brown mahogany wood where the marble is not. The manor is MASSIVE, 3 stories, and sprawling. You can see the road leading toward the manor, and in the center of the fenced in area, you can see a large 2 door style metal gate. You can also see a number of guards patrolling both the street, and within the grounds.

What would you like to do? Including any Retcons.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rurik

Upon reaching that big gate, Rurik looked to this companions as he unslung his hammer. "Think I should knock?" he said with a wide smirk. It was clear he was only joking... or rather it was clear everyone would HOPE he was only joking... cuz, you never know with Rurik.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306

AssassinGuy

As the party reaches the large and immaculate looking black iron gates wide enough to fit 2 horse carriages through, the opulence of the brick-layed driveway strikes them, even after seeing the home. Along the road into the house, multiple well manicured topiaries of various birds and wild-life can be seen, and a fountain is in the center of the lawn, easily 10 feet in length, with a statue of an unknown man holding a broadsword into the sky.

Beside the large gate to the west end of the gate, is a smaller gate situated between the grand columns of brick that support the gates. "I would not do that if I were you friend Dwarf." a man in the same colored uniform armor you have seen walking around town says. The only difference, is an Ivory pin with a crest on it, holding a shoulder length black cape off of 1 shoulder. The crest is the same crest that is in every brick pillar, and on the center of the large black gates.

"I would move on if I were you, before you end up regretting it." The 30 something looking male with beady, firey blue eyes, and a military crew cut style hair that has the hints of red in the brown coloration. "Lord Mordenfell wont take kindly to what you seem to be suggesting, and I may end up getting some gold out of the deal. To much work though, so shove off."

7. - Top - End - #307

We merely want to talk to him. Stephanie pipes up from the middle of the group an adorable squeak starting her off.

I mean he has to have the most information out of everyone, right? He runs the town.

Spoiler
    Show

Persuasion (1d20+7)[11]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Chapel steps forward, falling easily back into his old soldier stance and mannerisms.

"We are here on official business, representing both the guilds and the townsfolk. If it would not behoove Lord Mordenfell to palaver with us, mayhaps we can speak with you, or with his head steward, at least to start."

He eyes flick down to the guard's ivory pin, then returns to his eyes, unblinking and cold.

"Surely the Lord would not wish it to be known he was not giving his utmost support in an active murder investigation."

Spoiler: Intimidate Roll, OR, Insignia of Rank flash
    Show
    Intimidation: (1d20+4)[11]

Failing that, I was an officer in the army, and I still carry my insignia of rank.
    Last edited by ChapelCanaan; 2017-12-11 at 11:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309

AssassinGuy

Leering openly at Stephanie he scoffs. “The Lord has no time for your kind here. He reports to the queen, not the guilds. Now be off with you. I have things to be about.”

In response to Chappel, “he steps back for a brief moment is concern before he seems to remember he is behind a fence, and a guard. “I have no time for you!”he shouts. “Now be off with you I say before I have you all arrested.” His face turning red, it only highlights his reddish hair.

“What seems to be going on here?” A calm, more elderly voice says from behind the wall. You can see an older gentleman is guard ps attire walk up from behind the brick pillar, and open the side man door gate.

The anger still remaining in the eyes, the red headed guards color flushes somewhat. “These folks were talking about smashing the gate sir. I was about to have them arrested!”

The older man shakes his head. “Arrest Guild members for standing outside the gate. Surely they have a reason for soing so. And smashing down the gate? Have you no knowledge of history and lore Luetenent Curtis? The dwarf carries an honor Hammer... at least that’s what we called it back in the day. Go about your business luetenent. I will handle this.”

“But sir!” The luetenent says, and stops suddenly as the man turns a steely gaze on the fellow. He steps back involuntarily and salutes, before taking off at a near run.

“Now... how can I help you fine Guild members today? I can’t have you causing a scene, but at the same time, I think seeing Guild members in action would do this town some good. I am the sub-captain here in Irons Deep. My name is Raynald. How can I be of assistance?”

10. - Top - End - #310

Stephanie who had crossed her arms in front of her chest as the lower guard openly leered, judiciously lowered them as his replacement started talking

Really. Any information you have would be helpful. Stephanie implores the man. We're new eyes.
    So while we can have different ways of thinking, we don't know this town.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Blastigar Kaboom

Show

Show

Blastigar holds his chin in contemplation on just what sort of information would be useful and just what information would be available of this man. He begins slowly.
    "There was a murder of a woman in the employ if Marisha. We are told there have been multiple murders. We know the hours in which they murders generally happen. We know it's either the mark or more likely a copy cat either framing or a fan. We also know the murder doesn't happen at the site the body is found. What I think would be useful is if we knew who is heading the investigation if any and what your thoughts on this man or woman are. We could also hear or have something to look over from previous murders. Lastly maybe you have some thoughts on this case like where to go next or something you found unusual."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rurik

Rurik hadn't even intended to explain he had merely been joking about smashing the gate in... and in all fairness he had only asked if he should knock using his hammer.

Luckily, a more able-minded captain came by and took over the talk, so that solved itself. "Bloody Idiot, cannot take a joke. I think ya should pull that stick out of his arse before he hurt himself." Rurik voiced out, loud enough to be heard but not with a specific person in mind to hear it.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

AssassinGuy

Giving a gruff chuckle, Raenald opens the man door beside the gate to join the group. "Yes friend Dwarf. He is an uptight one and as rotten as they come. If I were running this regiment... well, its not so its not my place to say. A job needs doing and broken tools will be used if new ones are not available."

Looking over the group once he locks the gate door behind him, he turns to the group and looks them over. He seems to have the kind of eye that can size up the caliber of a person with a good hard study. "An interesting group of adventurers I would say, and Guild members no less! Well, its been far to long since we have had more of you in town. Sara and Jarroff are the best kind of people you could ask for, but they are only 2 souls. How about some names to go along with the faces?"

Introductions are made (I would assume), and he gives a firm forearm shake to each, along with a salute. Lieutenant Harnen told me about the murder before dawn was out. He went to talk to the poor girls lover. Its a shame when a young couple like that is torn away from one another. Such senselessness.

To Blastigar's comment about the Mark, The mark you say? well that is a name I did not expect to hear. Especially when I comes to Iron's Deep. Watch yourself if that is the case, though I highly doubt it. The murders hold no rhyme or reason. It is always so random. Every family we interviewed was from the poor district, and had no enemies that could afford such a contract, even if they wanted to. Murders have been man, woman, and every race. Sara has been looking into it and she didn't come up with that either. Why do you think the Mark?

Looking back to Stephanie Information? Well, I would say talk to the bigger shop owners. They always seem to have the gossip. Its only gossip, but it usually has a grain of truth. You can also talk to people in general on the street. Beggars are out at night and may have seen something, but I don't know how truthful they will be. For coin, they will tell you what they think you want to hear. He stops and rubs his chin for a moment, and then leans in closer, talking in a whispered tone.
    Your new here, so you may be able to get away with it. Sara and Jarroff have been to busy, and its just a hunch, but I was instructed by Lord Mordenfell to leave off questioning this individual. He seems to have a liking for the boy for some reason. Once of the guards named Aram Loral is as rotten as they come. He is typically finishing up his shifts at night in the Iron Willow Inn, where his uncle runs the establishment. You didn't hear it from me though.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Devonkm View Post
    Giving a gruff chuckle, Raenald opens the man door beside the gate to join the group. "Yes friend Dwarf. He is an uptight one and as rotten as they come. If I were running this regiment... well, its not so its not my place to say. A job needs doing and broken tools will be used if new ones are not available."
    Rurik

To that, Rurik just made a loud singular-laugh noise. "That's Bullcrap. Use broken tools and you ruin what you work on.
    Can't make jewelry with broken tools. I know from experience. Same goes with giving a man a broken spear or a barmaiden cracked glasses to pour beer in. Final result is a waste of resources. If it's broken fix it. if it cannot be fixed, scrap it and get new tools. It simple. I dun understand why so many seem to think that it be a waste to replace something broken or non-functional.
    " Rurik said with a sad shake of the head and a huff of irritation.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315

Stephanie smiles at this tidbit.

Spoiler
    Show

Insight (1d20+2)[9] Is he being truthful, or giving us a red herring.

Besides rotten what's Aram like? She asks.

16. - Top - End - #316

AssassinGuy

It must be nice to live a world so black and white. Raynald says with a sad shake of his head. but with that hammer of yours, I think you can effect more change than an old man like myself. I would love to see this town flourish, but I am only 1 of a few, and with higher powers then myself to answer to.

He looks at the rest of the party. I pray you can make the changes that I cannot. Hopefully with the information I provided you can.

Looking to Stephanie he says A drunken layout looking to get paid an honest days wage and more while doing nothing to earn it. If I could, I would lock him up just for the stuff that I know about I would, but... ya know, and gestures back behind him with his thumb at the manor. "I would make sure you go armed, and keep the women behind ya. he ahs a motley crew he runs with and is.... handsy. If you go out alone at night, I would also say be armed, not as ya are. I hope you came to this town with more then those clothes? Where is your armor and weapons by the way? Or are you of the arcane veriety?

Shaking his head sadly, he unlocks the gate again, and closes it behind him. His hand rests on the bars, and says under his breath I pray that they can. and walks away.
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2017-12-12 at 04:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

I. Stephanie remarks gesturing to herself, before suddenly crossing her arms over her chest defensively. Am a bard. She continues seeming to have to force herself to answer that. I know. I seem unusual,
    but a bard all the same.
    She continues as she looks at the ground shyly.

She turns to the team as she considers the guards words.

I'd... really really prefer to go get my armor before we talk to him. She adds emphatically. Maybe he'd be more cooperative if I'm out of my armor, but I won't be comfortable in the slightest. She adds.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Blastigar Kaboom

Show

Show

To ruriks remark
    "hehehe yes Rurik please do maybe teach him that hammer is much better used against someone's head then a gate. I have to agree with our friend here however things are not so black and white. Though I do agree with you about tools fully. Let me give you an example. Goblins despite popular belief are not evil. They only have evil masters. They are forced to obey or die. Yes they could openly revolt but thier odds of survival are then reduced so in order to survive they do evils bidding. Much of what a goblin does is a matter of survival. Imagine if someone good came along and made goblins obey."

To Stephanie
    "So your a bard? Thought you were some wizard of some sort. Aren't bards artistic and weave magic through art? What do you do?

To anyone
    Wait so no one here clothes are armored? And you say I'm strange or paranoid but look at who is already prepared though I don't look foward to meeting a potential murderer.
    Not in much mood to become a statistic.

19. - Top - End - #319

Stephanie rubs the back of her head awkwardly.

Well... I mean... I can't really sing... But I like to believe I can weave magic through stories. She says shyly.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Blastigar Kaboom

Show

Show

"Well it gets results so however you do it please keep doing it cause I'd prefer to remain amoung the living and you seem one capable of that. Who am I to say what is or isn't something else. I am a goblin who has made things as devastating as some spells ask someone else and I'm a monster that stole equipment."

21. - Top - End - #321

AssassinGuy

Making your way back through the town, using Blastigar's innate senses of towns to navigate quickly, you continue to pass various townsfolk going about their day. You hear in hushed tones talking about how the "night stalker" struck again, and how they are simply to afraid to venture out overnight.

As you pass threw the town square, by the Apple Tavern, there seems to be a memorial of sorts. You can see Marisha on the porch to her establishment, face puffy with past tears shed, but all business now. She is asking them to leave and comfort one another, and help Lucy's family in this time of hardship.

Coming to the Guild house, you can see a line of people 10 deep waiting outside of the Guild of Life. They are all in various degrees of illness, race, and ages. As you approach the door, a poor looking mother opens the door, towing along a child of 4 or 5, bags under the eyes and weary looking, but not ill. The mother has tears in her eyes, but does not look currently distraught, more then relieved. A pretty young half-elf girl, maybe 15 in age comes behind the mother and child, and looks to see you standing in the door. "I'm sorry good sirs... mistresses... but you will have to wait your turn if you are looking for the free services. If I may say, it does not look like you need anything urgent. The Waiting angels on the southeast side of town will be able to help with your lesser issues at a cost."

Sara comes to the door, looking tired, but happy. You can all see that helping people recover from illness is something that truly makes her happy, and she is in her element. "Don't worry Genevieve, they are Guild members. They are most welcome here. If you would please, get the next patient into the room and start your preliminary work. I will come check on you once I speak with them."

"Are you sure?" Genevieve asks uncertainly. "I don't know if I can."

"I have faith in you. You have a gift that even I would wish for. Though our magics are different, they come from the same origin. Start by checking for illness, and I will be with you in 20 minutes or so."

Genevieve smiles from the words of confidence and takes a sick looking older human male into the manor, and into the office at the entrance. Sara waves for you to follow her, and leads you through the home, past the entry way and back towards the basement. Passing the basement doors, she takes you to the kitchen, where she starts making a pot of tea.

"Your insights into the wound were quite on point Chappel." She says without looking in the groups direction. "Everything else you all said was in my notes, as was the look of the wounds, but I did not piece that together until you said that. Of the 2 dozen or so cases, only 6 have a clean looking wound. The rest all look like what you saw. I don't know what that means for certain, but it looks like we may have more then 1 killer. Are they working together, or apart? How many are there? Why are they killing to begin with? With the targets being as they are, it would not make sense for a contract to be out on them. They are all to poor. Hopefully you found out some more information?"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rurik

Rurik smiled at the pretty half-elf girl. "Nay lassie, what be ailing me cannot be healed by simple magics!" He expressed with a torrent of chuckles. He could be referring to a lot of things, but to those that read minds, he was actually referring to the fact he was dying from an oath taken, and not out of illness. So might think he was hinting and rather untoward things, others may just think he had a think for pretty half-breeds.
    But no, Pretty as she was that Genevieve, Rurik really only preferred the fair'n'stocky build of dwarven girls (NO BEARD!!) with a soft mane of hair tied lustrously into a bun, or pulled up into an elaborate sort of pony-tail.
    Thus he had no leer in his eye or made any sort of lewd gesture. He just swung his hammer around to plant the head against the ground underneath him and lean on the grip, intent on listening in a comfortable pose to the pretty (and small) Halfling Sara who had also just exited that guild house.
    "Oy it sara everyone!" He exclaimed in a cheery tone as he earned the title of Captain Obvious, since he was already quite sure they had all spotted her already. Halfling or no, she wasn't too hard to overlook.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

Stephanie smiled and nodded somewhat awkwardly as the mother and child passed her by.

Oh wow. She's going to be stunning in a couple of years. Stephanie thought to herself as she saw the pretty half-elf.

Stephanie shook her head mutely at Guinevere's suggestion about them needing free services, and in fact even gestures to someone with injures.

He... Heal. She calls out. As the person heals (1d4+3)[6]

As Sara starts. Stephanie starts speaking more normally. We got a lead, we came to get my armor... I feel so exposed in this. She says gesturing to her shirt.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Blastigar Kaboom

Show

Show

Hiding behind chapels leg remembering his last encounter. Using chapel to hold himself up for he feels faint and weak in the knees
    "Y y yeah It s s seems like a g g gaurd favored by the m m mayor."
    Trying to swallow back the fear of the female no bigger then he
    The guards aren't supposed to ask him anything about this matter. That seems suspicious. We are going to ask him a few questions. Can the guilds protect m-us? If we can't figure out anything we might do some snooping.
    Do you know where he lives? He seems to be a slime so at worst we would have dirt on him or another lead. We are told he might be a bit violent so what can we do legally if he gets violent? I don't think the girls here will go for a bit of flirtation with him but that could be a route.

25. - Top - End - #325

AssassinGuy

Sara looks to Stephanie, giving her a knowing womanly smile. "I understand lass. I too feel exposed out in these streets in times like these. I do wish Jarroff were here more often. I miss his..." she says musing for a moment, and then blushes fiercely. "presence."

Turning away from the group, she continues to stir the tea. After a moment, she pours the tea into 6 cups, and hands it to each member, other then Blastigar. (She tries, but sees him cowering behind Chappel and sighs.) "I am sorry if I frightened you. It has been a long few weeks... well years really, but still... I apologize for frightening you." She set the tea down near Chappels feet for Blastigar.

(The tea is warm and yet cooling. It has a minty flavor to it.)

After listening to Blastigar's 1st comment she responds in a matre of fact vocal gait. "Many things since the Lord Mordenfell came to office have seemed to go from bad to worse. This is just one more thing. Unfortunately, without proof that he is breaking the law of Wildrun, we cannot act against him in any way. We are just as much bound to the law as he is."

"The Guild affords you certain protections. You are the equivalent of an officer of the law, with decent rank as a Guild member, but if you go breaking the law, then there is only so much we can do. As to this guard you speak of, if he is off duty, he is considered a civilian, and can be treated as such. One of the perks of being a Guild member, is we are always on duty... You get my drift?"

Spoiler: Reaction to heals
    Show

(I thought you did that after she led the next person inside so I did not know your intent). With a gracious smile, and a look of something akin to jealousy washes over the pretty nurse's face. (You could insight for the reasoning behind it if you wish, or let it go.) The man you gave healing words to stands up straighter, and the vicious looking gash on his forearm he was cradling seals up magically.
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2017-12-14 at 01:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With a reassuring (though weighty) pat to Blastigar's head, Chapel takes his seat and his tea, mulling and listening.

"Hrrrrrrm. Corruption, especially in those sworn to protect and defend, is a worm that gnaws at the roots of civilization."

His eyes harden, seeming to glint with a chill light of their own.

"That is a thing that I can not abide. He can help us, and maybe find some small mote of redemption... Or he and his can be pulled out, root and stem, and made to atone through other ways."

At that, he closes his eyes for a second and seems to collect himself, before with a polite nod he takes his leave to don his armor upstairs. He pauses at the door, looking back at Sara with a somber kindness that belies the cold fire so recently passed.

"I also have some small skill at healing. These people... Well, if I can help, do not hesitate."

With that he is gone, the vacuum left by his bulk a resounding absence.
    Last edited by ChapelCanaan; 2017-12-14 at 02:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

Stephanie's frown that had appeared as Guinevere became clearly jealous, turned into an amused and coy smile at Sara's little slip.

However business was not really on Stephanie's mind as she drained her minty tea greedily.

Why was she so jealous? She asked Sara looking down sadly.

28. - Top - End - #328

AssassinGuy

Sara nods graciously in thanks to his offer to assist in healing. "During a time that is less hectic, I would take you up on that offer. My energies are more then enough to handle the sick. I provide it 3 times a week to all of those in need, and take whatever payment they can provide. This tea we are drinking was payment from a mother with a sick infant. I don't require any payment at all truthfully, though many have a need to pay what they can to not feel as beggars. Any coin they do pay, I give the Geni. She has been saving for the past 3 years... every copper to get out of this horrid place, and I will do everything in my power to help her get to the Guild of Life academy. She has a good heart that one."

Looking over the rest of the group, "I will be leaning on you to take care of this investigation from now on if that is alright. As you can see between my duties to this town, and the larger missions I go on with Jarroff to remove blights from this land, I am quite busy. Chapel is not wrong either. It is like a cancer in this town, and I am 1 soldier in the fight against what feels like everyone."

Getting up from the table, she goes to a writing desk and returns with a sealed letter. She drops it in front of the group on the table. "This came to the Guild Hall only 20 minutes ago. An invitation it seems, for our new heroes. Word travels fast when you come into town assisting me with such a splash. From the Hurst family. They run the local bank here and the family likes to show off guests as much as acquisitions. It would not be bad to introduce yourselves to the more affluent in the area, but be careful to not be wrapped up in their schemes."

Sara looks to Caeleth. "You still look unwell. You wished to talk to me about an interaction with a Runestone? If you have some time, we can discuss it while the rest of the party gets ready to go talk with this guard (we can retcon the conversation later.)

TO STEPHANIE: "Geni is completely devoted to learning her craft. She is a very unique child. I have been in this town for all of that girls life now, and she is truly gifted. I do not know her father's lineage, but I was their for her birth. She almost died... I was inexperienced then, like Geni is now, and my magics could not heal her." Sara says with a musing, distant look. "It was then that the room grew brighter, and a Planatar came into being in the room. I was so shocked. I thought it was a massager for me, being a cleric an all, but it was not there for me. Without saying a word, the Planatar touched the child, and she was instantly healed. Since then, I have been training her to harness her powers. You see, she is not a cleric like me, but a Divine Sorcerer."

Looking back to Stephanie from her tea, she smiled. "She is very competitive you see. The fact that you waved your hand, said a few words and healed someone, while she struggles with the more basic uses... That would be my guess. Or it could be that she is used to being the prettiest young thing around, and then you come along. Either way... take it as a compliment."
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2017-12-14 at 02:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

Sorceress. Stephanie corrects gently. And yeah, that's not surprising at all. She adds looking down and suppressing a shiver.

And well... I mean, it's just I want.... Stephanie replies before blushing and locking her lips.

How good is she at magical healing? Or has she not mastered that power yet?

30. - Top - End - #330

AssassinGuy

Sara gives a knowing smile. "Ah! I see. Well, as to that... I would ask that you let her mature a bit first, and not try to impede her studies. Her dream has been to go to Hara Pa'ene to study at the Academy. I am sure in a few years, she will have grown up a bit, and become a full fledged member of one of our fine Guilds. After that... who knows!" Sara says with a smile, and a bit of pleading to listen to her request.

"Geni is quite talented. She learns at remarkable speeds. It has been a long time coming in my training that has gotten her to the point of being able to control her wild magics without harming herself or others. Now that she has, her progression has been astounding. She still has a long way to go before she is ready to handle what you would however."