New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Yeah I'm back. Can't help it. I have a card game project called Impossible Inventions

I've decided to make a card game where the player is a brilliant scientist and is trying to create various inventions. These inventions should be considered "impossible" for humanity right now. So far I've came up with

-Antimatter Rocket

-Space Elevator

-Fusion Reactor

-Dyson Sphere

-Quantum Computer

-Time Dilation Device

-Wormhole Generator

-Teleporter

-Faster than Light Drive

-Hard Hologram

I have 10 ideas but I'd like to start out with 20. Does anybody have ideas for 10 future inventions that are far beyond human creation. Jetpack and Laser weapon are not good examples because we technically can make them, we just haven't mass produced them yet. I'm looking for 10 truly futuristic ideas that are "impossible"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yeah I'm back. Can't help it. I have a card game project called Impossible Invent

I'm less concerned about you making this thread over and over and over and more concerned that.

1. You want to make a game and can't come up with...you've made...10 threads? 100 items? That's...wow.

2. You didn't just come out and say this in the first place.

3. You've used other excuses to "excuse" hitting this well over and over and over and over.

Here's an invention that's not so impossible Or that futuristic. It's called a notepad. Write the 50+ ideas you've garnered over the last 10 threads and maybe do some of your own legwork.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Yeah I'm back. Can't help it. I have a card game project called Impossible Invent

I notice you haven't created any in bioengineering. A possible suggestion would be to write out what fields of science each of your current ideas fit into, and then explore the space in the fields you haven't approached yet.

Some ideas for bioengineering/biomedical/whatever you want to call it:

Prosthetics/implants that aid in the regrowth of limbs or joints, such that it feels perfectly natural and as if they were never injured in the first place

Implants that go into the brain that let blind people...oh wait, somebody's already working on that.

Organ transplants that use animal...oh, wait. Also working on.

Medical devices that are 100% effective in preventing bacteria growth and transport

early detection of Alzheimer's disease and osteoarthritis...oh, this is near future too. Just found a paper saying that's the next step.

Detection and healing of cancerous cells...before they start becoming cancerous in the first place

Maybe see this site (http://hitconsultant.net/2017/05/16/biomedical-engineering-trends/) for ideas of what is already near-future in biomedical engineering, so you can predict beyond that?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-11-16 at 11:39 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

eek Re: Yeah I'm back. Can't help it. I have a card game project called Impossible Invent

An invention is a unique or novel device, method, composition or process. The invention process is a process within an overall engineering and product development process.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Self aware AI.
    Immortality.
    Nanobot assembly.
    Terraforming Mars.
    Synthetic lifeforms.
    Family targeting killer virus.
    Time travel.
    Living dinosaur reconstruction.
    Artificial star from gas giants.
    Prosthetic gills.

Just steal from sci fi books, films and TV series.
    Matthew Greet
    My purpose in life is to play games.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Reaction-less Drive
    Scrith
    Better Mouse Trap
    General Products No.4 Hull
    Better-er Mouse Trap
    Auto-Doc
    Droud

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

An antacid you only have to take once a week.

Or an antacid pill you only take every six weeks.

Not one for the whole year, though. It would be too big of a pill to swallow.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Still rooting for pill that makes everyone act like they are in a musical.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    An antacid you only have to take once a week.

Or an antacid pill you only take every six weeks.

Not one for the whole year, though. It would be too big of a pill to swallow.
    More people should be this passionate about drug release and delivery solutions. Being in the field I feel very appreciated right now.

But, since this is still a gaming forum, is there anything you can tell us about the mechanics, Max? We might have some good suggestions for those.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-11-22 at 01:55 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    More people should be this passionate about drug release and delivery solutions. Being in the field I feel very appreciated right now.
    When me president, they see... They see.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2