New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default XGtE random character creator

I'm going to make a random character with the book because it looks cool.

I was born at home to human parents. I have 3 older brothers and sisters and one younger. We were raised by a single mother. We lived a modest life in a Mansion. I had a few close friends and lived an ordinary childhood. I became an Outlander because from a young age I couldn't abide the stink of cities and preferred to spend my time in nature. I became a fighter because I could always pick up just about any weapon and know how to use it. I am 23 years old. I had a supernatural experience, I saw a portal that I believe leads to another plane of existence. A friendship ended bitterly, and the other person is now hostile to me.

that was fun. If anyone else wants to make a character the same way post it here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: XGtE random character creator

I made a character with this system! I ended up with a son of a high elf and a drow that was the second youngest of twelve siblings. Rolled randomly for which of my siblings were drow or high elves and it ended up that every drow in the family (except the PC) were in trouble for a crime they didn't commit. Or at least, the youngest was about to be. Since I rolled that my PC had run away to join a military company, I decided that he fled with the blame for what his sister was accused of.

He ended up with a wife, an enemy that was a human monk, and an event where he was affected by a magical potion. I originally made up this story about how my PC, made to fall in love by the potion, stole a relic from a monastery and that was why the enemy was made. Then I rolled Friendly on disposition, and I got a wonderful idea. I made the enemy Monk the PC's wife, who refuses to come home until the relic is recovered. The PC then decides to head out into the world to fix his failure.

Ended up being a drow Warlock of the Unicorn. I am keeping the character on a rear burner for use later on...
    Quote Originally Posted by krugaan
    All it takes is once:

"Grandpa, tells us that story about the Ricalison the Great again!"

Hours later...

"... and that, kids, is how he conquered the world with dancing lights."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I want to make another one.

I am a half-elf. One parent was human and the other was a half-elf. I was born at the home of a family friend. I have a twin sibling and two older siblings. My life was comfortable. I was raised in a temple in the wilderness because my parents disappeared to an unknown fate. Others saw me as being different or strange, and so I had few companions. I became a guild artisan because I learned the essentials for my craft from a mentor but had to join the guild to finish my training. I became a rogue because I've always been nimble and quick of wit, so I decided to use those talents to help me make my way int the world. I am 44 years old. I am married. I made an enemy of an adventurer, I am to blame. I spent time working in a guild job and as an academic so I have some money. I met an important sailor, he is a friend. I once performed a service for a local temple. The next time I visit the temple I can receive healing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ok, let's see..

I am a human.

I know both my parents. I was born in the home of a healer or midwife. I have 6 siblings, four older and two younger.

1: Friendly. Alive and quite successful. Works as an explorer. NG
    2: Indifferent. Alive and well. Day laborer. N
    3: Friendly. Missing. Worked as an explorer. NG
    4: Friendly. Alive and well. Farm hand. N
    Me. I'm here in the order of siblings.
    5: Friendly. Alive and quiet successful. Guild Artisan. NE.
    6: Friendly. Alive but doing poorly. Criminal. NE

I currently have a single father. My mother disappeared to an unknown fate.

We grew up poor. We lived on the streets. Others saw me as being strange, and so I had few companions.

In my life, I suffered a tragedy. I lost all my possessions in a disaster and had to rebuild my life.

Who am I? I am a N Fighter, who works as a Farm Hand (I presume this selects the Folk Hero background for me). I became a Folk Hero because... I have always stood up for those weaker than I am. I became a fighter because... I joined the army and learned how to fight as part of a group.

====================

I grew up poor and on the streets with six brothers and sisters, and just pa. Ma went missin' some time back and they ain't never found out what happened to her. My two older brothers went out to find her. One of them has gone missin' himself, and the other is still out there looking for both. He still writes back on occasion. My oldest sister got a job at the sewing factory. My other older brother works down at Johnson's Farm, where he got me a job, too. Of the two younger kids, one hooked up with the merchants guild and is doing quiet well. Shame he don't share none of that bounty. I don't much care for myself, but at least he could get pa off the streets. The youngest fell into a rough crowd and is constantly in and out of jail.

I was a funny kid. Never had too many friend. Late bloomer, I guess, because folks down at the farm loved me. I guess it's because I knew what it was like to be bullied, and I ain't never put up with that **** on the farm. Kinda had a 'these are my people, and you better back off' kind of thing going on.

I worked the farm for 'bout five years, and had got enough saved up to get pa a better place to live. But just last summer, I lost it all. Everything. It's all gone. I was so dejected, I didn't know what to do. I heard that joining the army can get some good pay quicker than working the farm, so I signed up late winter, and here I am.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

This is fun! Let's do it some more.

I am a halfling. I'm in my 20s. I've had three life events.

I worked as a trapper, and I'm a sorcerer.

I became a trapper because... My family moved away from civilization and I had to adapt.

I became a sorcerer because... I suffered a terrible emotional or physical strain, which brought forth my latent power. I have fought to control it ever since.

Life events.

1: You fell in love or got married.
    2: You suffered a tragedy. Roll on tragedy table.
    --> A current romantic partner died. Roll on cause of death table.
    --> Cause of Death: Unknown.
    3: You became friends with an adventurer.
    --> Human Ranger

Could you ask for more perfect set of rolls? Lol!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    This is fun! Let's do it some more.
    It is really fun. I created two characters that I never would have come up with. I plane to post more soon.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ill throw my main three up here using this later
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am the daughter of a full drow and half drow.while adventuring making sure my dear old bard of a dad stayed out of trouble my mother gave birth to me in a village of halflings says she never ate better in her entire pregnancy. Later my mother and father had six children.my sisters ecfein,clallee,meriele and my brothers Adran,Aelar,Arannis.we had a comfortable lifestyle after mom and dad stopped adventuring dad opened an inn and mom in the back ran a scroll shop.we lived in the inn worked their,helped mom and dad.i unlike my brothers and sisters had a easy time making friends and loved the attention.my father seeing i had a easy time making friends started to teach me how to perform. I was a prodigy who demonstarted the art of performance and magic a wandering blade singer came and wished to teach me my mother and father agreed.im 31 young for a elf.i fell in love with a bard of the blades i guess im much like my mother i have a type.damn tiefling handsome bastard.im pregnant and am going to have a child or two the cleric hasnt told me. I hope we can get to a friendly village or at least find a safe place.damn you lucien you beautiful handsome bastard.
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-11-18 at 06:39 PM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I'm a 23 year old female aasimar divine soul sorcerer.
    I (weirdly) know both my parents. My dad was human and my mom was some sort of love or beauty celestial, I was born a strange celestial plane of unnatural peace and beauty.

I have one older sister and two younger siblings.

I decided my dad was married happily as a relatively wealthy merchant with a chlid and then transported to a weird plane and returned after a year with a kid, then remarried, and had two more kids, who I grew up with in a happy, friend filled childhood.

My only sister is a neutral evil warlock who is in different to me, but I assume would hate my dad for leaving her mom. I bet most people didn't buy his story.

My younger siblings are just kids. The nine yearly boy is indifferent towards me, but the 14 year old girl likes me just fine.

As a teen, my powers manifested during puberty, during the emotional intensity of my first kiss, which I've struggled to contain and understand ever since. I endeavored to find my mother and learn more of my powers and purpose. On my journeys I met a friendly alchemist who gifted me a healing potion, became friends with a warlock(maybe she knows my sister?), felt divine presence at a holy site-maybe a sign from my mom, and was the victim of an evil cult trying to sacrifice me for nefarious purposes-maybe to extract my power for their ends. I think they are related to the warlocks I keep meeting, seems important.

So basically I am Disney's Hercules looking for my god-like mom by way of x-men, and the hellfire club wants to kill me and take my powers or something. Neat!