New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Impact Ares: Shadows of Prometheus

I think I may have made a miscalculation somewhere...

Let's see...square root of...ah, of course. It comes out to 4pi, not 16pi.

Now, what to do about that hatch.

Lacking any better ideas, Aaron continues his abuse of the vagueness of the acrobatics stat monkey-like clambering down the front of the PT and politely knocks twice on the cockpit hatch.

Or maybe falls to his death.

Who's writing the descriptive text here, schizo?

Monkey-like clambering - (3d6+3)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

((It'll be nice to have another person in a Mecha. Good luck ally. Try not to damage Ace too badly please. I think both Shane and me want to use it.))
    ((Here is a nice semi/-quasi-relevant comic: http://www.vgcats.com/anime/))
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-16 at 04:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213

Scaling the front of a vertical machine is never an easy task, especially when it's moving. Aaron just has time to knock on the front of the cockpit before his monkey-like clambering becomes stone-like falling, as his grip slips on the smooth metal of the frame. Fortunately a monkey-like splattering on the floor below is averted as the PT catchs the rogue in one of its massive hands, and lifts him up to its eyes for inspection.

((OOC: Gurren Lagann is, like, the polar opposite of the style we're going for here. Nobody will be piercing the heavens in Neo-Corsen any time soon, and anyone shouting 'gattai' is just asking for trouble))
    Last edited by TamerBill; 2007-11-15 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Aaron smiles sheepishly, like a kid caught stealing cookies, and waves.

"Hail, seizer," he says, without a whole lot of enthusiasm. "I think my place has wandered off without me. Have you seen it?"
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215

The machine stares at the little man in its hand for what seems to Aaron to be a very long time. Eventually it gives an approximation of a shrug, closes its fingers around the captive rogue and boosts out of the hangar, followed closely by Ace's red Tempelritter. Outside, Misallo has managed to gun down all of the defence turrets with her stupidly-destructive G-Impact Cannon, but has taken considerable damage in the process. On the plus side, however, her energy reserves are as infinite as always, and the gun is still in good shape. Ace fires a couple of warning shots in her direction as his PT gets closer, before issuing a transmission through his machine's speakers.

"Attention, unknown PT! We have your associate captive! Co-operate and he will not be harmed!"
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

6. - Top - End - #216

Voiree Misallo

At the sight of two new enemies Voiree immediately turns the Dunkelgeist around and boost away into the desert as fast as she can.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-12-20 at 12:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Oh, sure, just ignore the captured pawn," Aaron comments sarcastically. "This guy's already stared at me for 62 seconds, he's probably ready to crush me by now."

Aaron sighs, not able to do much of anything. Guess I'll wait until I have the chance to jump somebody not 4 stories tall.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218

As the 'Geist turns tail and flees Aaron feels the PT's grip on him lessen slightly.

"Isn't friendship a wonderful thing, ganger? Well, your life's safe for the moment anyway. Yun, take our new friend here for interrogation; I'm going after the guy with the loose screw and the new machine.

Aaron hears the rush of Ace's engines as his red Tempelritter leaves the scene, leaving Jun's Hexenmeister the only PT around. This isn't too much of a comfort to Aaron as he's carried back into the base in a giant robot's hand, but it's a start. Think positive.

9. - Top - End - #219

Voiree Misallo continues to flee as fast as she can, deeming her chances in close combat against an upgraded Tempelritter to be dim. If she knows of any ganger or even better, her resistance comrades from the past, then she'll flee towards them.

Tactics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting them would have been suicide likely, surrendering too. Taking a shot at its hand or cockpit to free you would likely have gotten you killed. There aren't any base defenses though, so if Shane managed to take the last tempelritter or I find reinforcements we'll be ok. Lastly, if I have to and manage to take this one out I do not believe mine will be of much use. I'll try to track down resistance, gangers, other special interest groups or etc., or best of all - the old man and try to help you.

1) Shane 1.2) Other Escape Plans
    2) Reinforcements (old man, gangers, other resistance groups)
    3) Other ideas
    4) (If all else fails) Try selling out to the government.
    [I was actually quite keen on this earlier, but they seem intent on executing us, thus this is a last resort. Even if they say they'll take us they will quite likely kill us.]

I think we were supposed to sneak into the base quietly.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-02-04 at 12:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Okay. What have I got...

1) Busted nose that's not set properly.
    2) Bandaged hand.
    3) Prisoner's outfit.
    4) Useless, useless friends.
    5) Caught.

Hmm...if I had a katana and the Power of the Human Spirit, I maybe could hijack this thing. As it is, though, I guess I have to wait until I find an unoccupied one again.

Aaron relaxes and reclines calmly in the Hexenmeister's hand as he plans out ways to beat up Jun in the event he leaves the machine when not covered with machinegun fire. He also looks carefully over the machine for anything he can potentially damage on its exterior: sensors, antipersonnel weapons, hydraulics, anything.

(3d6+4)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

Aaron desperatly scans the surface of the machine for something to damage, but between the nagging sensation in the back of his head and the fact that it's a twenty-meter armoured titan he doesn't get very far at all. When he pays attention to the nagging sensation in the back of his head, however, he realises that the machine is calling to him, in a very real and not-insane-I-swear way. The cockpit opens, seemingly of its own volition, while Jun is still trying to steer it into the base.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Voiree is boosting the heck away from the base, the plan now quite definately in ruins as she flees the ire of the red Ace. Crackling static on her in-cockpit communicator eventually coalesces into the face of a decidedly livid masked man.

"What the hell were you doing out there? You call this a slick operation!? You weren't supposed to be seen! I tell you, this is the last time I involve mentally-unstable convicts in my plans...."

The Vox Ego continues to rant against Voiree's complete lack of subtlety as she runs further and further from her companion.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"...Huh. Thank you, friend. I'll be with you in a second."

Aaron summons all his remaining adrenaline to run up the PT's arm to the point where he can leap/fall into the cockpit, and attempts to sneak attack Jun.

"Shining BOOTTOTHEHEEEEAD!"

Acrobatics - (3d6+3)[10]
    Kung Fu - (3d6)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    Aaron desperatly scans the surface of the machine for something to damage, but between the nagging sensation in the back of his head and the fact that it's a twenty-meter armoured titan he doesn't get very far at all. When he pays attention to the nagging sensation in the back of his head, however, he realises that the machine is calling to him, in a very real and not-insane-I-swear way. The cockpit opens, seemingly of its own volition, while Jun is still trying to steer it into the base.

~~~~

Meanwhile, Voiree is boosting the heck away from the base, the plan now quite definately in ruins as she flees the ire of the red Ace. Crackling static on her in-cockpit communicator eventually coalesces into the face of a decidedly livid masked man.

"What the hell were you doing out there? You call this a slick operation!? You weren't supposed to be seen! I tell you, this is the last time I involve mentally-unstable convicts in my plans...."

The Vox Ego continues to rant against Voiree's complete lack of subtlety as she runs further and further from her companion.
    "I was not in command old man. I elected to trust the one who saved my life earlier and his plan went poorly. It has not yet even failed. Two of our operatives remain free. Next time try furnishing us with directions beforehand instead of simply naming the goal and shutting off communication so we can not field further questions. And appoint a leader! Preferably me. Directions for this mech? It is durable, powerful, quick and it has endless stamina but a dangerous powerplant. It has destroyed half a base and half its mobile forces. Right now it needs rest."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-02-04 at 01:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Leaping from a PT's hand to its cockpit is a crazy idea, but Aaron proves himself the man for the task. As Jun stands up to check why the door opened on its own he recieves far more than his recommended daily allowance of boot to the head, but the military lifestyle breeds them tough and he quickly retaliates with a right hook that leaves Aaron sprawled dangerously close to the edge of the cockpit.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Silent for once, Aaron kips up and delivers a quick feint with his right, followed by an open palm to Jun's chin and a kick to the torso designed to knock him back.

Not a real kung fu style mind you - (3d6)[9]
    Use in case of counterattack - (3d6+3)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show