New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Impact Ares: Shadows of Prometheus

Aaron thinks for a moment, looking surprised but not particularly pained. Then he kicks the other man hard in the stomach.

"Good plan. Catch your breath and we'll go."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Winded, Shane bends over in the middle and tries to catch his breath.

"Huff....huff....huh...fair....huff...enough.. .," he gasps out, a sardonic twist to his mouth.
    Three things to remember about D&D:
    1. Always go right. It's right, after all.
    2. If it's not a party member, it's just XP.
    3. D&D is the only game where you really can kill first and ask questions later.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Nose bleeding slowly over the front of his outfit, Aaron turns toward the door out of the room.

"Miss, please catch my blood. I may need it later. Sir, lead on. I am ready to dissemble." He puts on an exaggerated grimace of pain and anger, as a brutalized prisoner might have.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

I hold the bucket up and down in front of him to catch his blood. Thank goodness I'm not cuffed.

5. - Top - End - #35

AssassinGuy

When Shane has caught his breath, he motions towards the door with the pistol.

"None of you remember how we got in here?"
    he asks plaintively as they get ready to go through it and face the dangers posed by the soldiers in the common area.

OOC: Surely someone would remember the way out, having been awake when they were brought in, DM?
    3. D&D is the only game where you really can kill first and ask questions later.

6. - Top - End - #36

Psychoawareness roll for prison: (3d6+5)[18]
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-23 at 01:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Between your fragmented recollections and Voiree's psychic ability you're pretty sure that the exit is reached through the door opposite to you, on the other side of the courtyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

8. - Top - End - #38

AssassinGuy

"Alright, let's try this on for size," says Shane.....and then the light bulb goes on.

"Wait, wait...what if we strangled one of those guys out there, like he was choking? He drops to the floor, they resuscitate him...Wouldn't they run him over to the med station? Wouldn't that take, like, four of them, at least?" he looks at the others.

"It might cut the odds, before we risk our lives," he says, glad he thought of it before charging through the door.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Seems repetitive," observes Aaron. "Also, you broke my nose already. It'd be a shame to waste it."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

"If anything happens we could telegrab their weapons and have them fire at each other. Also, I wouldn't pull anything, it'd heighten their alert."

"Stay cool." she directs Shane. "Alternatively, finding out where their hospital is may be beneficial for a prolonged escape but time would lag out and increase the risk in total. Either we go now or we launch an all-out psychic attack starting with confusion among their ranks with the same effect as the aformentioned. Personally I say we remain vigilant and get the drop on them at the last moment should something happen or to gain exit. Perhaps you walk us to the end of the other door and then we choke one amongst their number to cause distraction."

"They will wonder why you do not direct him to the infirmary so it will be necessary to take radical action towards the end phase."

"And I have a communicator." Misallo adds. "You should be carrying it." she hands it to Shane.

"Let's go." she touches him as if to comfort but her sharp look remaining. "Time is wasting."

"You have precognition, Shane?" Voiree reminds him in the form of a question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming the two of us know each others name as we both have great Telepathy

"Remember to use telepathy to adjust our plan in res and to rebound the information to each other, in particular any passwords or names of authority figures that we can gather."

Precognition Roll [which of the plans will end the best]: (3d6+3)[11]

1) Direct Escape.
    2) Direct Escape with distraction at end.
    3) Direct Escape with distraction at start.
    4) Infirmary.
    5) Other

5/6) Deliberate

Add-on parts

X) Friendly fire as distraction.
    Y) Choking as distraction.
    Z) Both doubled up or split as distraction.
    A) All out psychic assault.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-23 at 11:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Telepathy, attempting to read the surface thoughts of the dozen guards and also attempting to ascertain what tactic they will be most susceptible too: (3d6+5)[14]

VM will keep ahead and hold the bucket in front of the weirdo (IC) at a comfortable angle and keep up the visual with the guards so she can continue to read their minds and rebound the information to Shane.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-24 at 04:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

((OOC:

Quote Originally Posted by Moechi_Vill View Post
    Precognition Roll [which of the plans will end the best]: [roll0]

1) Direct Escape.
    2) Direct Escape with distraction at end.
    3) Direct Escape with distraction at start.
    4) Infirmary.
    5) Other

5/6) Deliberate

Add-on parts

X) Friendly fire as distraction.
    Y) Choking as distraction.
    Z) Both doubled up or split as distraction.
    A) All out psychic assault.
    Precognition does not work that way. It is passive, not active. If you recieve a vision I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moechi_Vill View Post
    I'll run an attempt to use telekinesis to make a few of them want to pee or poop as well if I can reach within their bodies.
    No. First of all, you don't have that much power. Secondly, that's extremely vulgar and not appropriate for this game. Please don't use 'f*cker' again either.

/OOC))

Voiree sifts through the jumble of thoughts floating around in the courtyard. A lot of it is of no use to you at all, but you do pick up one interesting thread; apparently the soldiers have all been ordered to use non-lethal fire today. The reason, however, remains a mystery.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

13. - Top - End - #43

AssassinGuy

OOC: I think he meant he wanted to try and get them to want to go to the bathroom. So as to ge tthem out of the room.

Shane nods and gestures to the door.

"Let's roll the dice," he says aloud. "Head for the exit. Slowly,"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Aaron heads out into the room and for the exit. Slowly. He arranges his face into an angry scowl while simultaneously looking cross-eyed at his own nose, figuring that's pretty close to how anyone would look in his apparent situation. Meanwhile, he's calculating exactly how he'd have to contort to jump and move his hands in front of him in one motion, in case he gets to do violence.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

<I smell a setup. Let's not head for the resistance before we can trace every possibility, mental and physical, of being followed.>
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-24 at 03:59 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

((OOC: I'm British, not American. The edit's not important, since telekinesis can't do that; for future reference, you can't influence bodily functions like that.))

17. - Top - End - #47

AssassinGuy

<Look, sometimes, you've just got to go, and hope for the best. We can't wait any longer!> Shane thinks at the others carefully.

He points at the door.

18. - Top - End - #48

((OOC: Moechi, in order not to derail the thread any further I've put my reply in the OOC thread.))

From outside your cell you hear the chiming of the noon bell, a daily occurence that signifies the middle of the day. Which, coincidentally, is when executions traditionally take place....

Time, as they say, is running out.

19. - Top - End - #49

<he's not a telepath> comes a sardonic thought back.

Misallo hurries up along Aaron who is already leaving,
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC thread statement?
    and does her incarnate best in holding the bucket out under his face to catch any drops of the prisoners lifeblood.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-25 at 12:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

The group's progress across the courtyard is brought to an abrupt halt when a soldier calls out to them "Hey, you! What do you think you're doing?"

21. - Top - End - #51

AssassinGuy

"Oh good," says Shane. "I'm glad you're here, as I need a volunteer to help me get this guy to the medical wing and get him cleaned up,"

"Seems he got a little desperate as the hour approached, and I had to crack him one. The simple fact is, he can't be executed looking like that - It's supposed to be some sort of propaganda coup, I was told, and if we do it with him looking like this, it'll just look like we're abusing our prisoners,"

Shane looks at the inquisitive soldier and his companions.

"You guys don't look like you're very busy, maybe one of you can help me out. I'll have to keep him covered, so you'll be the one doing the cleaning, mind. Any volunteers?"

(3d6+1)[15]
    (Influencing people check - keeping in mind that his goal is to get them to go away.)
    Last edited by ravenkith; 2007-08-25 at 12:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

The soldier glares at Shane as his companions suddenly remember prior appointments and slip away behind him.

"The execution is in ten minutes, soldier. If there's a delay because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself then there will be hell to pay, you mark my words. Now get going, and be quick about it!"

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

"Oh crap," says Shane. "In that case, I'm going to take him outside to hose him off first, then over to the med bay to get him treated. I just want to get the worst of the blood off, and make it look like he's been getting decent treatment. Wouldn't want to delay anything!"

with that, he kicks the big guy in the back to get him moving again, this time, towards the door.

"Move it out, scum," he says, for the benefit of the audience. "...and no funny stuff, or I'll just shoot you this time,"

24. - Top - End - #54

<you're good at this> Voiree thinks with some admiration while using her girly little frame to appear innocent and scared as she struggles to keep in throw with the leafy prisoner.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-26 at 12:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Two gangers walk into a bar. Ouch. See? Not funny at all," Aaron deadpans, and continues marching solemnly toward the exit.

If you can hear me thinking, Hopes, tell me when we break for it.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2007-08-26 at 02:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

AssassinGuy

<Outside again.> Shane fairly rumbles with mental pleasure as the warm wind hits him. <Listen, we'll probably be in some kind of fortress,> he thinks to the others. <Play it cool for the moment, we're 'looking for a hose'; what we're really looking for is a way out. Most likely the sewers will provide our exit. But we've got to find one fast, because someone's going to go looking for us in our cells soon, and then it's curtains.>

Shane turns the radio on, but extremely low, so that only he ought to be able to hear it, when the balloon goes up.

What does the exterior look like, Tamer bill?

27. - Top - End - #57

Voiree gives a miniscule nod to the big guy to ascertain something while extending a tender caring hand to brush a little of his matted hair aside.

``feel the same, to break the line to hold... and when I'm far far away from thee but beside you when I think of you so always in my life``
    <roger - Shane

maybe we can battle versus some rats down there>

Psychoawareness for sewer tunnels...
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-08-27 at 03:43 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

(attempt, version 4.5)

(3d6+5)[2][3][5](15)

29. - Top - End - #59

The view outside is hardly what one would call stimulating. The ground is hard desert earth, and the compound is surrounded on all sides by a giant barbed-wire fence, with sentry posts keeping guard at appropriate intervals along the barrier. You can see no obvious sewer entrances, but on the other hand you don't see any soldiers either.
    Last edited by TamerBill; 2007-08-26 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Hand, not sand. Though there's plenty of that too.

30. - Top - End - #60

AssassinGuy

<Well I got us outside.> Shane thinks at the other two. <But without sewers, I'll be damned if I can imagine how we're going to get out of the compound. Maybe an aircraft or the motor pool?> he asks.

Shane looks around with an eye for a hose or a hangar, basically any bloody way off the base.

"Around the back, you two!" he snaps, gesturing with the pistol for the benefit of any on-lookers, for the 'prisoners' to travel down the side of the building away from the fence, hoping to get a better look at the layout of the rest of the camp.
    Last edited by ravenkith; 2007-08-26 at 04:24 PM.