New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Xavouir looks to his left and right.

The abomination is exactly twenty point seven two five feet away from my current position. Sending a purple blast of flame to surprise the creature, I would hop over the bar seeking cover, whilst drawing the blade. Holy light would pierce the room, blinding all abominations and their like for a second. In that second I would dash seven point three seven two feet to the left, hiding in sight. I would dash up once the abomination would be in five point five feet away from my new position. I would stab it in the gullet, and upward to pierce the cranium. The abomination may live, or befoul my plans in some way. If so, this shell would perish, almost certainly. I heard of this one's feats of good, how it killed the multiplaner lich. I would've killed it myself if the creature did not have the courage and tenacity of a snake. Nevertheless, when this shell would die, I would return to Golarian, awaiting a new holder. If I succeed, and purge the abomination, then the creature's soul would be sent to Pharasma's realm to be judged.
    Grace blinks a few times. Then tilts her head at Kitty.

"That . . . huh. That is an awful lot of assumptions.
    But you won't.
    She hasn't made any threats towards you, and you haven't attacked her yet, even though you've obviously known about her. This is just you trying to get info out of me."
    With that, Grace stands, the last of her mango juice gone. "Besides. You obviously like Xavouir. You wouldn't risk losing him over something as foolish as 'what am I'."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace blinks a few times. Then tilts her head at Kitty.

"That . . . huh. That is an awful lot of assumptions.
    But you won't.
    She hasn't made any threats towards you, and you haven't attacked her yet, even though you've obviously known about her. This is just you trying to get info out of me."
    With that, Grace stands, the last of her mango juice gone. "Besides. You obviously like Xavouir. You wouldn't risk losing him over something as foolish as 'what am I'."
    Well done, you've seen through my easy ruse, Mystery. I respect for such. If you gave the information, I would be disappointed. You are also correct in my assumption of Xavouir. I lo- I respect the man, foolish though he may be. He has held me the longest in my history of wielders.

Xavouir stands, though the movement seems wrong. More like a marionette than an actual person.

Until we meet again, Mystery.

Xavouir staggers, then says in a delirious voice Did lemmings attack? Could've sworn lemmings attacked...
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #333

Well done, you've seen through my easy ruse, Mystery. I respect for such. If you gave the information, I would be disappointed. You are also correct in my assumption of Xavouir. I lo- I respect the man, foolish though he may be. He has held me the longest in my history of wielders.

Xavouir stands, though the movement seems wrong. More like a marionette than an actual person.

Until we meet again, Mystery.

Xavouir staggers, then says in a delirious voice Did lemmings attack? Could've sworn lemmings attacked...
    "Peace." Grace says in parting, shugging on her lightweight windbreaker.

"Yeah, they all left though. It's a shame you missed it. Anyway. Enjoy your lemonade. I need to be heading out."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

"Peace." Grace says in parting, shugging on her lightweight windbreaker.

"Yeah, they all left though. It's a shame you missed it. Anyway. Enjoy your lemonade. I need to be heading out."
    Kay! See ya later!

Leave for outside, Xavouir. There is a man there we need to see. He is short, nearly three feet in height. His face is painted to that of a skull, and his cards tell the truth. We won't see him for his parlor tricks, we need his services in combat for our next target...

Xavouir shakes his head, smiles, and waves at Grace.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

5. - Top - End - #335

Kay! See ya later!

Leave for outside, Xavouir. There is a man there we need to see. He is short, nearly three feet in height. His face is painted to that of a skull, and his cards tell the truth. We won't see him for his parlor tricks, we need his services in combat for our next target...

Xavouir shakes his head, smiles, and waves at Grace.
    And off Grace goes! Whoooooosh!
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It's been more than a week since Cute Earth has posted, so I'm going to be moving on. Just dropping this here to remind everyone of what I said Oliver would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver claps his hands together and says, "All righty then!" He then heads out of the inn.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    It's been more than a week since Cute Earth has posted, so I'm going to be moving on. Just dropping this here to remind everyone of what I said Oliver would do.
    Naku just shrugs, and follows along, while her player apologizes for forgetting to actually post this post.

Sorry.

EDITING THIS IN WOOOOOOOOO

Kin's also here! She's at the bar, drinking heavily from something tasty but not-alcoholic.
    Being a lamia, she's also got a whole lot of legs-instead-of-tail that she kinda just left behind her, leaving a speedbump most of the way over to the front door entirely.
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-03-01 at 10:58 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

Kin might feel someone tripping over the back part of her tail. The person who did so bounces on one foot as she tries to regain her balance.

"What the - gods-damned-" Ashley, a very powerful wizard, just nearly fell flat on her face on her way to get disgustingly drunk. She looks up the tail, slowly making her way up to Kin. "Hey, snakelady! Watch where you leave that thing!"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-03-02 at 12:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Kin might feel someone tripping over the back part of her tail. The person who did so bounces on one foot as she tries to regain her balance.

"What the - gods-damned-" Ashley, a very powerful wizard, just nearly fell flat on her face on her way to get disgustingly drunk. She looks up the tail, slowly making her way up to Kin. "Hey, snakelady! Watch where you leave that thing!"
    Kin blinks a few times. What was that. She definitely has feeling through her tail, just that whatever that impact was hadn't been terribly hard, and to be perfectly honest, she has a lot of mass in that tail, so it really didn't move much when it was hit.
    She rotates around mostly in place due to her snakey nature, and blinks at Ash with her one good eye. "Oh. I-I am quite sorry. I was careless and forgot." Even as she speaks, she draws her tail up more underneath herself, its scales catching the light and shining quite nicely. "Are you okay?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

"How do you forget about someth- never mind. I'm fine." Ashley waves away any concern. "Sorry I yelled, just been on edge." She walks over to the bar, to her usual spot, which is a couple of seats away from Kin.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-03-04 at 04:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341

"How do you forget about someth- never mind. I'm fine." Ashley waves away any concern. "Sorry I yelled, just been on edge." She walks over to the bar, to her usual spot, which is a couple of seats away from Kin.
    Kin blushes slightly at Ash's first statement, her cheeks turning ever so slightly blue as she's chastised. "No no, it- it's fine." Then she fumbles for the rest of a topic, and just asks "Do youuu want to talk about it? It's the least I could do for almost breaking your foot is offer an ear, if you'd like?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342

She shakes her head. "Thanks for offering, but it's not something I wanna talk about. I just come here to drink after days of conjuring." Speaking of, Ashley is quick to order a beer.

13. - Top - End - #343

She shakes her head. "Thanks for offering, but it's not something I wanna talk about. I just come here to drink after days of conjuring." Speaking of, Ashley is quick to order a beer.
    "Sure. No pressure at all." Kin says, falling silent, and sipping at her own drink, noooot entirely sure what to say.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344

"It's jus- I deserve better, damnit! I'm a wizard! I should be striking fear into the hearts and minds of demons and despots, not squatting in a warehouse." Despite not being drunk, Ashley seems to have already forgotten that she said she didn't want to talk.

15. - Top - End - #345

"It's jus- I deserve better, damnit! I'm a wizard! I should be striking fear into the hearts and minds of demons and despots, not squatting in a warehouse." Despite not being drunk, Ashley seems to have already forgotten that she said she didn't want to talk.
    Kin blinks a few more times. Hadn't Ashley just said she didn't want to talk?
    But that's okay.

Kin, having no idea what to do, just kind of reaches over and pats Ash a few times on the shoulders. "I'm really sorry to hear that. So you're a . . . wizard? I dunno that I've met a wizard before."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Ashley rolls her eyes and snorts. "Haven't been in the Nexus long, have you? Can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a wizard. Time wizards, black mages, all that crap."

17. - Top - End - #347

Ashley rolls her eyes and snorts. "Haven't been in the Nexus long, have you? Can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a wizard. Time wizards, black mages, all that crap."
    Kin shakes her head a few times.
    "I have not, actually. I was here for about half a day a year or so ago, and then was back out into the desert. Just got back."

~~~~

Other Scene for Cute Earth

And Kin is here too!
    From her hips up, she's just a regular lady. Though with mostly electric blue hair, save for the highlights that are a darker red, and a single purple patch above one eye.
    From her hips down though, instead of legs, she's a quite colorful snake lady!

She's just 'sitting' at the bar, atop a coil of her own tail, sipping at some sort of beer.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

]Other Scene for Cute Earth

And Kin is here too!
    From her hips up, she's just a regular lady. Though with mostly electric blue hair, save for the highlights that are a darker red, and a single purple patch above one eye.
    From her hips down though, instead of legs, she's a quite colorful snake lady!

She's just 'sitting' at the bar, atop a coil of her own tail, sipping at some sort of beer.
    Lynton approaches the bar, unabashedly admiring her markings and colors.

19. - Top - End - #349

"You actually willingly came back after finding your way home?" Ash snorts. "You and I are a rare breed. Most non-natives I've met are either desperate to go home, gave up, or are on the run."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Anastasia smiles at the compliment. "Thank you." She frowns a little though and looks down at her clothes. "I have had these since the night we ran away. Perhaps it is time for some new ones. Yes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    An unattached shadow walks along and passes over the cloak, leaving a few coins behind. Well, more than a few coins. A lot of coins. Hundreds of coins, and not small ones.
    People who toss the performers a little bit of money find they have a lot to give. The cloak soon becomes laden with a veritable heap of treasure, so much that one would have trouble picking it up again.
    Candace blinks at the shadow, before bowing towards it politely. She waves to a waitress as well, inquiring about some bread and cheese, still looking with half an eye at the pile of coins.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gods above!" Anastasia exclaims, looking as the coins seems to magically appear. "What sorcery is this?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the shadow were a stickler for accuracy (and able to speak), it might point out that this is a work of grammarie, completely distinct from sorcery. But it doesn't. Instead it gives Candace a bow before settling in with the other shadows that the fireplace casts on the far wall.

It is magic that so many appeared. These coins are only about 90% real. If someone hoards them without spending for 85 consecutive days, they cease to exist. Otherwise they are normal money to any test you could apply. Someone put more work into this than just making motes of dust briefly appear to be money.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton approaches the bar, unabashedly admiring her markings and colors.
    Kin is well aware of just how bright and colorful she is, and is remarkably used to getting looks -- well also in part because of the snake tail but shhhh --, so instead of getting upset or anything, she just kind of turns slightly, letting the light glint off of her scales.
    "Hello! I'm Kin!" She says with a happy smile, offering Lynton a friendly hand. She also pronounces her name as Keen, like the sharpness of a blade, rather than kin, like someone you're related to.

"You actually willingly came back after finding your way home?" Ash snorts. "You and I are a rare breed. Most non-natives I've met are either desperate to go home, gave up, or are on the run."
    "Sure did!" Kin says, slamming down another drink. "It's far better than living on a large metal base in the middle of an ocean, and going and living off in the desert entirely on your own for weeks on end on a mission."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Off in a corner

Candace quietly retrieves an item from her pack - a small carved figurine of a bird. After saying a command word, it turns into a live pigeon. She writes something on a scrap of paper, and then puts the paper and one of the coins into a pouch on the pigeon and sends it off flying out the door.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

25. - Top - End - #355

"Huh." Ash takes a long pull of her beer. "Guess when you put it like that, anything wouldbe better."

26. - Top - End - #356

"Huh." Ash takes a long pull of her beer. "Guess when you put it like that, anything wouldbe better."
    Kin nods a few times. "Fooooor sure. So how'a, how'about you? What bring-" Wait she already asked that.
    QUICK.
    EVASIVE MANEUVERS.
    "-wiiith you? Yes. You mentioned a warehouse? And a wizard?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-03-19 at 03:55 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

Kin is well aware of just how bright and colorful she is, and is remarkably used to getting looks -- well also in part because of the snake tail but shhhh --, so instead of getting upset or anything, she just kind of turns slightly, letting the light glint off of her scales.
    "Hello! I'm Kin!" She says with a happy smile, offering Lynton a friendly hand. She also pronounces her name as Keen, like the sharpness of a blade, rather than kin, like someone you're related to.
    Lynton accepts her hand graciously.
    "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lynton. Your colors are stunning."
    He says, attempting to get conversation going.

28. - Top - End - #358

Ashley raises an eyebrow at Kin. That was definitely a sentence structure, that much was certain. "Yeah, a wizard. That's me. I guess if you want to be specific, I'm a spirit conjurer. As for the warehouse..." she sighs. "It's where I live. I do what I can to make it homely, but you can't really escape the steel walls."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Off in a corner

Candace quietly retrieves an item from her pack - a small carved figurine of a bird. After saying a command word, it turns into a live pigeon. She writes something on a scrap of paper, and then puts the paper and one of the coins into a pouch on the pigeon and sends it off flying out the door.
    [Off In a Corner]

Anastasia's eyes go wide. "You do magic too?" She asks, amazed.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton accepts her hand graciously.
    "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lynton. Your colors are stunning."
    He says, attempting to get conversation going.
    "Hello, Lynton!" Kin's hand is kind of cool. Definitely not cold, but a bit below normal human body temperature. Probably having to due with her being cold-blooded.
    "Thank you very much!" She says, her face blushing blue just a bit. "I- Uh-" Though, with her moment of embarrassment powering her stammering, how does she even reply to that? She didn't exactly pick out her colors. "I try to make sure to keep them clean so they stay all shiny."

Ashley raises an eyebrow at Kin. That was definitely a sentence structure, that much was certain. "Yeah, a wizard. That's me. I guess if you want to be specific, I'm a spirit conjurer. As for the warehouse..." she sighs. "It's where I live. I do what I can to make it homely, but you can't really escape the steel walls."
    "What does a spirit conjurer do?" Kin asks, honestly bemused, her one eye blinking several times.
    "Though having a full blown warehouse I could see having some perks, at least. Nice and spacious, if nothing else."
    Show