New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Lost Mines of Phandelver IC

"We need to make sure this cave is clear and safe for workers to come in and retrieve the stolen goods. The goblins are always servants to a greater evil. It is my duty as a paladin to eliminate them."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

welp we killed all the rest just kill them
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-12-19 at 12:54 PM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Mutt follow along

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Whoops, meant to post in OOC
    Show
    Well, there's really only one area you haven't been to (the area where the bridge leads to), so I assume you mean to go there. The road below the bridge leads to the entrance.

I'll make a post later this evening.
    Last edited by Majin; 2017-12-20 at 03:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

I mean that im following the group wherever they are going. I can't say anything against any course.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You find the last goblins left huddled together in a smaller cave. There are several dirty and tattered sleeping bags on the floor, and several personal belongings scattered around. Looks like many of the goblins live here.

Five goblins are grouped together, holding their small swords and looking nervous. The escaped archer is talking to another, slightly bigger and meaner looking goblin behind the group. Next to that goblin, is a beaten and bloodied human, barely conscious. Even though his face is rather swollen, you can easily recognize him as Sildar, the man who left Neverwinter with Gundren.

The bigger-than-average goblin gives you all a nasty look when you enter. "Stop! Or human falls down!" the goblin shouts and shakes Sildar by the collar to make a point. Sildar mutters something, but it seems like he's not fully conscious. "You killed Klarg, so Yeemik leads now! We talk now, yes? No need to fight anymore..." Yeemik gives you a nasty, sharp-toothed grin. "I'm sure we can make deal."

Map

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You can change your order if you want to (Mutt can also be on ceiling or wall).
    Last edited by Majin; 2017-12-20 at 05:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

RogueGuy

Nalan doesn't like this situation. His instinct tells him to rush forward and attack the monsters! But his master taught him to protect the defenseless first.

Maybe if he had a chainmal and sword in hand, the prisoner would be a daring warrior, but in this position he is too vulnerable. So the paladin stows away the warhammer and says:

"Very well, Yeemik. You want to talk, we'll talk:

Surrender your prisoner and give back everything you stole. Do that and we'll leave you be. If you defy us, by the might of Torm, you'll die.
    "

8. - Top - End - #158

you know i dont like that archer far to cowardly to be apart of yeemiks tribe.
    Spoiler: persuasion role
    Show
    (d20+2)[9]
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yeemik doesn't seem to like Nalan's suggestion, but seems to be considering it.

Show
    ok.name, please give me either a persuasion or an intimidate check (with additional arguments if you wish).

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    you know i dont like that archer far to cowardly to be apart of yeemiks tribe.
    Spoiler: persuasion role
    Show
    [roll0]
    The archer glares at Sariel. "I survived! I am smart! I warned Yeemik, others just died stupidly."
    Last edited by Majin; 2017-12-22 at 05:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

RogueGuy

"Come on now, Yeemik, you're a smart leader. You know this is your best chance."

Spoiler: persuasion roll
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+5)[19]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Are you paladin, a knight? You swear if we let human go, you leave us, no fighting?" Yeemik glances at the small chest Nalan is carrying. "You already take boss' treasure, that most what we have. Take that and human and go."

Yeemik is clearly loath to part with the treasure, but then again, you've apparently just slaughtered his boss and many of the goblins in the cave. It does seem he really wants you to just leave though.

12. - Top - End - #162

RogueGuy

"You have my word, goblin chieftan. Let the prisoner go and we'll be gone."

Nalan will approach the wounded prisoner and heal him enough so he can walk back with the party.

"Yeemik, this is the sole prisoner you keep? Watch your tongue now, we don't like being lied to."

Spoiler: Lay on Hands
    Show
    Nalan will heal the prisoner for 3HP.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alright human, it's a deal. Osug, if they try something, put arrow through injured prisoner's heart", Yeemik says to the goblin archer. He then drags Sildar to his feet and shoves him towards the party. Sildar groggily walks forward to Nale. After he is healed, some of his wounds close, and he blinks, his consciousness returning.

Sildar's hand goes to his belt, as if to reach for a sword that's not there. "Ah, I see. You must have come to rescue me. Thank you."

Yeemik and the other goblins eye you cautiously, still seeming rather hostile, but seem to be keeping to their word, and not attacking you. Seems like you can leave the cave without a fight.

14. - Top - End - #164

RogueGuy

"Let's go Sildar, let's get you to safety."

Helping the prisoner up, Nalan asks in a soft tone of voice:

"Did they have any more prisoners?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Sildar seems to be stabilized. He responds to Nalan in a hushed tone. "No, I think I was the only one. I know for certain Gundren was taken to somewhere else."

16. - Top - End - #166

Helllo human i am Sariel
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Sildar gives Sariel a nod. "Yes, I do recognize you four. Seems Gundren did make the right call hiring all of you. It was brave thing, venturing into this cave."

Show
    I'm assuming you're moving out of the cave? Or does anyone have anything to say to the goblins?

18. - Top - End - #168

now sildern uh dont be mad when we leave the cave.we uh had "help finding this place and you"
    Air quotes for help
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You make your way out of the cave. The goblins tail you to the entrance, looking hostile, but not attacking.

Sildar seems confused by Sariel's remark. "Well, if you had to expend some resources to get help, I'd be more than happy to compensate..."

You arrive to the tree where you had the goblins Veeg and Lor tied up. The goblins seemed to be struggling, trying to wriggle out of the web, though they immediately stop when they spot you.

Veeg gives you a weak smile. "Hee... You back soon? That, uh, very nice." He spots Sildar. "You got the human back. Great. Now you let Veeg go?"

20. - Top - End - #170

tadaa?! We uh had their help and uhm tada?also spider bait we killed klarg.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

RogueGuy

Nalan whispers to the group:

"Let's just go. Leave the goblins to their fate.. The monsters are not worthy of our mercy."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The group departs for the village of Phandalin, leaving the goblins to their sticky fate. The party finds the wagon secure, with the mountain lion still sitting on top of it. When she spots you, she jumps off the wagon and disappears into the thickets.

During the trip, Sildar tells you more about himself and Gundren's plans'. He also introduces himself as Sildar Hallwinter, leader of the Neverwinter's griffon cavalry.

Sildar had met Gundren in Neverwinter, and agreed to accompany the dwarf to Phandalin. Gundren and his two brothers, Tharden and Nundro, had apparently found a map marking the location of the entrance to the long-lost Wave Echo Cave, a fabled mine near Phandalin. Gundren hadn't shown the map to Sildar, and it had likely been taken by the goblins, likely to the same place as Gundren. Sildar had also some personal business in Phandalin, though he doesn't want to go into it at least yet.

Sildar also promises an extra reward to you for going an extra mile in saving him. He doesn't have any of his equipment or items with him, but the is certain he can secure a loan once they reach the village.

The rest of the trip goes smoothly and uneventfully. You reach the village of Phandalin safe and sound, with the day starting to turn into evening.

Phandalin

The rutted track emerges from a wooded hillside, and you catch your first glimpse of Phandalin. The town consists of forty or fifty simple log buildings, some built on old fieldstone foundations. More old ruins -crumbling stone walls covered in ivy and briars- surround the newer houses and shops, showing how this must have been a much larger town in centuries past. Most of the newer buildings are set on the sides of the cart track, which widens into a muddy main street of sorts as it climbs toward a ruined manor house on a hillside at the east side of town.

As you approach, you see children playing on the town green and townsfolk tending to chores or running errands at shops. Many people look up as you approach, but all return to their business as you go by. A few people give Sariel a weird look, but it seems the appearance of a single drow isn't enough to upset the frontier folk.

Sildar seems to have relaxed much more. "Aah, I wasn't certain I'd ever walk out of that cave alive. Well then, I think I'll go secure lodgings for us. I got very good recommendations for the local inn from a traveler. I believe you were to deliver the wagon to Barthen's Provisions? If you do that, we can meet at the inn later."

You each get 300 exp for saving Sildar and defeating the goblins.
    Last edited by Majin; 2017-12-30 at 02:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

such nice humans didnt try to do anything outright evil to me.indifference beats being murdered in my "sleep". air quotes
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-12-31 at 01:19 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

RogueGuy

Of course he was kind to us, Sariel. We saved him from a terrible fate!

Mr. Hallwinter, we wish the best of luck to you and your griffon cavalry! May we meet again under better circunstances.

Nalan blushes when there’s a talk of reward. As a paladin, it is his duty to fight evil and help people in danger. The idea of this man going into debt to pay the party is absurd to Nalan.

I don’t mean to speak for all of my friends, but we seek no reward for our actions. Your safety and well being is enough for me.

And having said that, the paladin starts hauling the wagons to Barthen’s, his mind already thinking about supper. “I’m really in a mood for stew. I wonder if they’ll have any.

25. - Top - End - #175

i do have a reward in mind.
    Tell people a drow helped you and came to your aid.thats all
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ah, right I suppose I'll meet you in the tavern later Mr Hallwinter, a man like you must have some tales to tell, I always try and help fellas out of a tight spot when I can. Suppose you were just lucky we found you when we did.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Nonsense." Sildar waves his hand dismissively. "You did a brave deed, and deserve a reward. That's that. You may share your part of the reward with your companions, or donate it for a good cause."

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    i do have a reward in mind.
    Tell people a drow helped you and came to your aid.thats all
    "Well, I will tell what happened," Sildar says and gives a weak smile. "Though I'm not certain everyone will believe me."

28. - Top - End - #178

As she walks towards the bar she says one last thing in common."eliminate all that remains and even the most impossible becomes possible"someday they will see the truth we arent all bad.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

RogueGuy

The paladin Nalan hauls the wagon to Barthen's, followed by his allies. He will greet the shopkeeper:

"Hail, fair merchants! I bring thee a wagon, courtesy of the fine dwarf Gundren!" with a roaring stomach, Nalan adds: "Now tell me, what wares have you of the culinary nature?"
    Last edited by ok.name; 2018-01-05 at 12:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

After conversing with Sildar, the party makes it to Barthen's Provisions with the wagon. A lean, balding, human man approximately in his fifties comes outside to inspect the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by ok.name View Post
    The paladin Nalan hauls the wagon to Barthen's, followed by his allies. He will greet the shopkeeper:

"Hail, fair merchants! I bring thee a wagon, courtesy of the fine dwarf Gundren!" with a roaring stomach, Nalan adds: "Now tell me, what wares have you of the culinary nature?"
    "Well met, sir knight", the man says with a smile. He introduces himself as Elmar Barthen. "Yeeh, got some travel rations. Flour and other cooking supplies too, if you're inclined to cook yourself. If you really want a nice meal, I'd recommend trying the Stonehill inn. Toblen knows how to make spiced potatoes, I'll tell ya that."

"Yes, I was expecting Gundren's wagon to arrive soon." Barthen fetches a ledger from inside the shop, and starts inspecting the wagon. "Haven't seen Gundren himself yet though. I expected him to arrive before you. Something happen on the way? Did he get delayed?"