New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan take a seat, and pulling few notebooks and books, trying to help Evensacent.

(How help action go? Or it's creating something?)
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket listen but is mostly concentrated in securing the perimeters and that they arent ambushed.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Roxan's theory that this was the centaur's home seems likely," Mossy offered. "Seems like the sort of creature to deface a pony ruin."

Roxan copied a few of the more interesting constellations into her notebook, as well as some of that unfamiliar script which Nessy had identified. It would be good reference material for later. Perhaps someone else would know more about these.

Rocket kept his eyes and ears open, but didn't detect anything that seemed threatening; just bird-calls and insect buzzing.

Mossy looked over the pit in the center of the ruins.

"Should we see if there's anything down there, maybe down those passages?"

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Sure. Lets wrap the rope and descend. I'll help you guys descent. Roxan, you go last since you could practically dig your way down if needed and cober our flanks. "

Rocket tie the rope and bring it down. he is helping Nessy and Mossy descent back into the tunnel.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Colossus in the Playground

Are you sure? There might not be anything interesting down there. Nessy peered apprehensively into the pit, before carefully setting herself up for the rappel downwards.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Are you sure? There might not be anything interesting down there. Nessy peered apprehensively into the pit, before carefully setting herself up for the rappel downwards.
    Rocket suddenly stop. " Wait... it's true isnt it? I mean we already established there must be a giant creature using the tunnels for its lair. "

He seem conflicted and finally sigh: " We still havent found anything of value and our only Minicore that we found ran away. It was guarding this place too... If we find nothing of interest soon, we will return to the main road. "

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

"I can try to make a sort of a ledder for you guys, if you give me few minutes!"

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"The rope will probably be sufficient," Mossy commented and Rocket flew down the pit.

One by one, you repelled down into the sunken ruins. It was cooler down here though only slightly less humid, the air reminiscent of that in the tunnel system you had explored prior. There were rough hewn masonry blocks under your hooves and making up the lichen-draped walls. The tree growing in the center of the pit actually looked like it had originally been in a large stone planter, though its roots had since shattered the container. Off in a corner you spied a very old standing bell on its side, now covered in a shroud of verdigris. In another was a large pile of moss and leaves which smelled particularly rank.

There were three sagging stone doorways that led out of this ancient courtyard, each wide enough to admit two or three ponies walking side by side.

The doorway to the west seemed to connect immediately to another room. There was another old standing bell in that room as well as some particularly heavy looking doors.

The doorway to the east also seemed to connect to another room. You could make out some shelves and some kind of stone structure in the center.

The doorway to the south seemed to connect to a hallway and you could detect the faintest breeze blowing through it.

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    The centaur's stench covers this whole courtyard. You think there are some other scents here, but they are unfamiliar and partially masked. You would have to do some sniffing to sleuth them out.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan fall on four, and starting to sniff around

Clever
    (4d3)[3][2][1][2](8)-8

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket look around: " How about we start with the east room? Seem like there is something in it we could study..."

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy began looking over the tree growing in the center of the courtyard, then moved over to begin dusting off the standing bell in the courtyard.

Rocket went into the east doorway and found that the walls were lined with stone shelves that now contained nothing but mold, dirt, and spider webs. The rest of the room was far less dusty, as as the stone structure in the center of the room. It seemed to be a large well of some kind, cracked and covered in moss. There was nothing obstructing the well, it was really just a vertical passage delving down into the earth. You noticed that some sort slime was lining the well, reminiscent of the slime that was in the tunnels.

Meanwhile, Roxan began methodically crawling around the courtyard, sniffing deeply.

Show
    It was hard to make anything out. There were a lot scents from the dirt and moss which complicated matters. As best you could tell, there were two unfamiliar smells, one coming from the west doorway and one coming from the east doorway.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

"He had two friends..' Roxan inform and going to the west room

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rosket come back to the main room and follwo Roxan: " Maybe. There was nothing to see in the East room after all except a big closed well that should probably stay closed. "

14. - Top - End - #944

Very weird... Nessy remarked as she followed, keeping an eye on their surroundings for any clues from their surroundings as to anyone else who might be here.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy followed the party into the west chamber.

The room was actually mostly free of dust and spiderwebs. Flanking you were four very heavy looking stone doors, each engraved with a pony sitting peacefully, perhaps meditating. Crude holes had been bored into the center of these doors and this looked liked recent work. One door in particular had a large block of stone braced against it.

Mossy moved over and placed her hooves on the stone barricade.

"Is everyone interested in what the centaur kept locked away?"

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    While the empty doorways were large enough that the centaur or a similarly sized creature could pass through them by ducking, these heavy doors were far too small; they were barely big enough to admit a pony.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket shrug: " Not at all to be honest. But it seem like we need to learn more about Manticore then we thought, if we want to find the one responsable for the ordeal who brought us here. Maybe whoever was locked over by them might have some answer..."

He goes to the heavy doors and peek from the holes in the door...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-10 at 09:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

"I can blow up the door!' Roxan has offered with enthusiasm

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #948

The centaur definitely has not been in here. Nessy points out to the door. He couldn't fit inside if he tried.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"If Rocket's suspicion that this is a prison is correct, we probably want to hold off on the demolition," Mossy replied to Roxan.

"Here, everypony get behind me and push."

The crew formed up on the side of the stone block and, on Rocket's count, heaved. Straining and grunting, you all threw your weight into the stone block. Slowly, the barricade ground away from the door. With the obstruction clear, you pushed the ancient stone door aside.

Beyond was an all but pitch black room. Nothing grew on the walls or floor. It was a cube of shadows and stone.

Something slumped in the center of the room shuddered. You peered closer, and realized the shape was a pony, a dark brown bat pony in a tattered black cloak. Their head was bound in a blindfold and a pair of amulets hung around their neck. Wings drooping, the bat pony looked up at open door.

20. - Top - End - #950

O-oh, oh my goodness! Are you okay? Without thinking, Evanescent rushed over to the batpony, removing the blindfold.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    O-oh, oh my goodness! Are you okay? Without thinking, Evanescent rushed over to the batpony, removing the blindfold.
    Rocket try to stop Eva: «*Questions first. Back down. We don’t know enough for now.*» He turn back to the prisoner: «*Please, tell us your name, what are you doing here and tell us about who locked you here*» Rocket also look around at signs showing about of the pony daily needs as being met. Does it have somewhere to relief himself, is the captive clean. Is the captive look malnourished.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan gasped.
    'Oh, are you okay, PoooOooOny?' She held herself from charging toward the poor bat pony, checking to see if she has any useful crystals for the situation

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

The bat pony didn't look malnourished; there was still plenty of meat on their bones. But, they were clearly very weak with drooping wings and sluggish movements. There was also the smell of urine about them and their fur was quite grimy.

Rocket and Nessy noticed one of the amulets around their neck had a triangular design, identical to the one Morakrut wore.

The bat pony recoiled from Nessy's advance, but she was still able to pull the blindfold away. She was met with the bat pony's eyes, a pair of milky orbs, staring blankly ahead.

The bat pony's ears pricked up when they heard Rocket and Roxan's questions. They pointed to their throat, then began pawing at the ground with their hoof, dragging it along in precise motions.

"Maybe we should take them outside?" Mossy suggested, to which the bat pony nodded vigorously. She easily lifted up the weak little bat and you all returned to the courtyard.

The bat pony felt the dirt under their hooves and once again began drawing in it. Eventually, crude letters emerged spelling out KAZAKAR.

Show
    You couldn't find any crystals that would make communication easier, which currently seemed to be the primary problem.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-10-13 at 09:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket nods: " I understand, we will bring you outside first. "

Once outside, he ask ROxan: " Roxan, please, do you ahve crystal that would help her clean herself? You know, the one I asked you to keep around in case we find ourselves with ponies who dont like the smell of earth? She could definitly use it... "

Thats how Rocket called " dirt " for Roxan, so thats he dont get offended or feel insulted. A little attention he did for her.

(Call me lazy but who is KAZAKAR again? Wasnt it the wizard supposed to introduce the Minicore slowly to the society and ally of the Manticore?)
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-13 at 08:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #955

(Kazakar is the batpony me and Mossy were looking for, but found the minicore, instead.)

This just became a rescue mission. Nessy pointed out. So you are Kazakar, correct? I assume you understand me. What happened?

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod sadly, looking for a perfume, or water crystal

(4d3)[3][2][3][2](10)-8

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Kazakar nodded to Nessy and then began drawing in the dirt some more.

Mossy glanced between Kazakar and back out of the pit.

"I could carry him, but that definitely won't make trekking back out of the jungle easy," she observed.

Roxan rooted through her pack and found a crystal that looked promising. She broke it in two and both halves started emitting jets of water like a kitchen faucet. Training these on the grimy batpony, Roxan began washing off he worst of the firth and smell which had clung to Kazakar. When she was done, the sorcerer was drenched but much closer to clean and at least a little more energetic.

Kazakar finished and waived his hoof around to no one in particular. Scrawled on the ground in crude letters was:

"BETRAYED -> CAPTURED" and

"TOWN DANGER"

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh: " Of course. Ok, if we break your collar, you'll be able to talk again right? "

" As for our way back, we will have to use the tunnel. Its the safest way unless a creature pops up. Roxan, get a crystal to increase our speed, just in case. "

Rocket break the collar on the bat pony neck if it doesnt fight it, if it seem dangerous to do so and that the bat pony seem fine with it.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-14 at 10:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod, and if Rocket suceed take the broken collar.

She looking in her back. Sooner or later she will need to resupply.

---

Creating advantage?
    (4d3)[3][2][2][2](9)-8

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #960

We'll need to confront the minicore about this. Nessy suggested, as she helped Kazakar stand. We need to get back into town, NOW.