New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2017- An Intersection of Holidays

Santa's Throne

Xun thinks for a minute. I suppose I probably should ask for something more useful, but I'm not much for ideas like that.
    In any case, I'm sure we can come up with some wolf treats.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Tree]

"I've met some people from my homeworld, but none from Moran-Ir," Fayyaad says. "So I likewise haven't heard my mother tongue in a while... though it may also be similar to yours. It's not so bad, though. The people of the Nexus are full of surprises. This keeps my politically-motivated extended vacation interesting."

[Santa's Throne]

Wenomir reaches into the bag and takes out a bottle of Cat Nap... then a big bag of what definitely looks like bones.

"Well, look at that. Seems even cats and dogs get some gifts."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    It's probably not too late to erase Rachel from history but Leah better hurry. Time in the Nexus is a formidable opponent. "You can not tell anyone," Leah requests. "That's the only thing I can think of at the moment."
    Well, maybe she can get to it after Thanksmas day. Wouldn't want to spoil the celebration.
    "Alright. Merry Thanksmas."
    She tosses a small-to-medium-sized box towards the other Leah. One moment, her hands were empty, the next, they were still empty, but a gift-wrapped box was moving as if it had just left them. If unwrapped, it will be found to contain a potted catmint plant, whose leaves blink and flash like Thanksmas lights.

Leah immediately informs everyone she can contact without speaking aloud, and resolves to tell the time police about the catgirls at the first opportunity. That done, she turns back the way she came. Mist seems to have gotten lost somewhere.

[Meanwhile...]

An apparently young (thirteen in human years) elven girl with a large picnic basket in her hand and a pair of ioun stones orbiting her head makes her way towards Santa's throne, skipping through the mall concourse, humming 'Magtok Claus is coming to town', quietly to herself. You might imagine she'd be dressed as a Thanksmas elf. That's presumptuous. She's just wearing a puffy winter sweater over one of her normal fluffy dresses.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Snowball Fight

"I don't think so. Not outside stories. I lived on a farm before I moved to GLoG, but my favourite bedtime story was about the Silver-Tongued Prince and the Invisible Castle. He was gnome, and he owned the Castle, but... When I asked Dad about it, he always said the Castle didn't really exist and the Prince made it up to fool the gullible human bandits. I've never seen a real castle, either." Although that does sort of depend on the location of the Invisible Castle, if it actually exists. Gnomes are good at illusions and trickery, so it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[Snowball Fight]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"One of my best friends is a magical princess, a goddess gave me her gift once and I've seen an elf lady become a welfen. So I'm not sure if there can't be an invisible castle somewhere."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Snowball Fight

"Yeah, but how would you find it?" It's a little tricky, but I guess 'being lucky enough to walk into the curtain wall' is probably the only method Cheasadh has at the moment.

Hmm. Is it actually invisible, or is it cloaked in illusion to make it appear as though it's not there, instead being flat, structure-less land? If the former, there's a massive pit where the foundations and dungeons sit. If the latter, you could fall into the moat by walking over what seems like a farmer's field.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

By the Tree

"You are quite right. I have made acquaintances here that I never thought to exist, let alone hold a conversation with. Why, a server I speak with on occasion is a vampire." Iamar tilts her head. "A politically-motivated vacation? Forgive me for the assumption, but I see something of a contradiction there."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Snowball Fight]

Brinika's ears dip down as she considers it.

"Do castles have a smell? Because if they do, maybe someone with a good nose, like a Wolfen or Tuskfang, could find it."

[By the Tree]

Fayyaad grins.

"Vacation is just a euphemism I use. What really did happen is that I ruffled some feathers by engaging in resistance against our occupants. So I had to disappear from sight for a while."

9. - Top - End - #99

By the Tree

Iamar blinks again. Occupants? That sounded oddly familiar too... "We have had similar troubles in my home, with those who would seek to take our lands for their own. I helped to fight against them, before I ended up here."

"Did your effort bear fruit, at least?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Tree]

Fayyaad's tail flicks.

"I like to think they did. I inspired people, at least. I'll return someday, when the time is ripe for stronger action. What about you? How did your fight go?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Food Court]

"All the usual things you'd expect. Getting my home cleaned up and refurbished, meeting up with old friends, hunting, and going to costume parties." Well one costume party unless Thanksmas counts as well. "What about you two? I mean besides the reconciliation of course."
    [Food Court]

"Oh I've just been going to school, and working at the Needle and Thread when mom needs the help." Tori answers. "Been trying to keep Joel happy too. My boyfriend." She explains. "He doesn't like visiting Inside, because his dad lives here."

Raril sighs. "I'm sure that old elf doesn't approve of the company her keeps. Or the guitar playing." The drow chuckles. "Probably my fault. As for myself, I haven't been doing much, just trying to keep my head down and run the bar."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #102

By the Tree

Iamar closes her eyes for a moment. "When I was taken here by god-knows-what, the war was still raging. We have been able to drive back the invaders so far, but who is to say of what happens in the future?"

She shakes her head and opens her eyes once more. "Perhaps one day I will find a way back, but I have not found one yet. In the meantime, I have tried to acclimate to life around here. It has been an experience."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Santa's Throne]

The Santa is gone, long live the Santa!

This new one, taking over after Wenomir, is tall, purple, and clad in green rather than red but otherwise nearly identical to the traditional Santa outfit. The only other change is rather than a hat, she is wearing a crown made of holly.

Reaching into the thankmas bag, she gives herself a thankmas present which turns out to be a megaphone that she shouts into.
    "HELLO! EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO GET PRESENT'S FROM ME, GRANDLADY WINTER!"

What a loud santa.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-12 at 09:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Ah. Boyfriends are a lot of work." Well other people in general really. Caring for anyone is a lot of effort. But it fits the Thanksmas spirit. Speaking of which, she can hear Santa's call even from way over here.

"Oh that's right. I still need to visit Santa and get my Thanksmas gift. Have you gotten yours yet?" Ilpholin hopes she hasn't missed the chance to sit in Wenomir's lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, maybe she can get to it after Thanksmas day. Wouldn't want to spoil the celebration.
    "Alright. Merry Thanksmas."
    She tosses a small-to-medium-sized box towards the other Leah. One moment, her hands were empty, the next, they were still empty, but a gift-wrapped box was moving as if it had just left them. If unwrapped, it will be found to contain a potted catmint plant, whose leaves blink and flash like Thanksmas lights.

Leah immediately informs everyone she can contact without speaking aloud, and resolves to tell the time police about the catgirls at the first opportunity. That done, she turns back the way she came. Mist seems to have gotten lost somewhere.
    Leah eeps and nearly spills her hot cocoa catching it. Somehow she manages though, using her arms more than her hands. After the surprise fades, she gives a reserved smile back to Leah. "Why thank you. Merry Thanksmas to you was well," the catgirl says with a warm tone as Leah exits stage right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By the Tree

"I'm glad you like it. And the feathers, too. My own, of course. Jaxl's a nice name." Jack smiles. "Where are we going for a meal? Or do you have something else planned? I've not had a date before, so I'm not sure on the etiquette." She's quite young, and the Clattering does things slightly differently to humans.
    By the Tree

Jaxl appears a bit embrased.
    "I thougth we can take a look around and look out for a booth we like."he says. "Until then we can also get something warm to drink. I'm sure they got some punch around here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Snowball Fight

"I don't know. I've never seen a real castle either, remember. I'd guess it does; everything has a smell. Stone, maybe. Water, of the moat. Stagnant, I'd guess, unless it's got a flow, but that'd mean an invisible river. Which would be dangerous. Um... Knights, and princesses. They live in castles. That'd be... The smell of the people, oiled metal for the knights, silk for the princesses. Blood, perhaps, if the knights do much fighting. Probably other stuff. Like horses, for the knights to ride. They're really smelly." Gnomes have a better-than-human sense of smell. Not as good as Tuskfang's, or a Wolfen's, but better than Brinika's, most likely. That's just what Cheasadh's come up with off the top of her head, all things she could smell. Not track, not by scent, but she can figure out where she is with her nose.

By the Tree

"That seems a good idea." Jack will attempt to loop her arm around Jaxl's and head off to the booths. Jack's still a little wobbly, as she's wearing high heels for the first time and still isn't used to them. She's also not feeling particularly cold; yes, it's chilly, but they're indoors and most of the snow is fake, but she spends a lot of her time on rooftops, where there's lots of wind and far less insulation.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Tree]

"I see. I came here willingly, but I understand not everyone does." He smiles. "If you need any help acclimatizing to Thanksmas, I'll gladly lend a hand. Someone did it for me when I was in your position once."

18. - Top - End - #108

Default [Santa's Throne]

Alni heads up to the throne, awkwardly covering her ears in case of more megaphoning.
    Last time they, met, Santa was throwing curses and sunbeams at her. But surely they can put aside KABAL and VIGIL's disagreements in the spirit of the holidays.
    "Merry Thanksmas, Grandlady Winter!"
    Does she have the appropriate fake beard?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #109

By the Tree

Iamar lets out a humorless chuckle. "My thanks. I suppose it is a confusing festival. I am used to rather more quiet celebration."

20. - Top - End - #110

[Santa's Throne]

No fake beards here, just fake bears. Oh, and gigantic ears.

'Santa' puts away the megaphone and looks down at the little kid. Had they met before? She felt familiar somehow. "Ho, ho, ho! Merry thankmas little girl!" She replies, unsure if its really appropiate to have children sit down in her lap. Like, then adults might get ideas too!

She leans down to be closer to the girls face. "So why don't you tell Greatlady winter your name little one?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-13 at 08:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

[Snowball Fight]

"Oh, right. Gnomes can smell things pretty well too, right?" Brinika looks over to the other forts, then at their own wall. "Looks like the walls are done. Get ready, Cheasadh. The rules are... well, there are no rules, really. Whoever's wall is still standing at the end, wins."

[By the Tree]

"There's not that much to understand," Fayyaad says. "It's a holiday of charity, gift-giving and merriment. A way to be thankful for whatever good happened to us in a year, or hope the next one will be better. Everyone is entitled to a gift from 'Santa', who seems to be the... season's spirit."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Snowball Fight

"Tuskfang's better. I forget mine's better than most." Cheasadh doesn't want to sound mean, because she doesn't mean it mean. "You hear that, Pookie? Stop working on the wall, and start making snowballs." She grins, and so does the little bear. This is the best bit, and they're ready.

Cheasadh will build a few balls before she starts peeking around her crenellation, assessing the other walls to see if any of them are particularly weak-looking, or unusual. Did anyone copy her idea? She'll throw her ball at whomever she sees peeking around another wall, especially if it's one of the twins she spotted earlier. Unless they're on her team, anyway.

Pookie's just building balls and handing them to whomever looks like they need one. Keeps him busy, and it means that some of their opponents may get surprised by throwing at somebody they thought ball-less.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Meanwhile..........

Felandria finishes her cocoa, and sees that another Santa has taken over.

She's still waiting to Santa, and Hopkins there are still people left to give gifts to.

But until then, she has to find something to do.

Then she spots the

Snowball Fight

And gets wistful.

Her childhood, well, it sucked.

Her mom didn't much care for her and she didn't really have any friends as a kid.

And these kids looked like they were having the time of their lives.

But no, she shouldn't.

Let the kids have their fun, she's too old and too big to get into a snowball fight with children.

So she decides to just go get another cocoa andWHAP!

Fel get smacked in the face by a stray snowball from who knows where.

Alright, screw it.

And within a few moments, Felandria is a kid again, literally, she's about 5 or 6 and cute as a little button.

Go time.

And she merrily skips into the breach, as it were.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #114

By the Tree

"Charity and gift giving... it sounds like our own traditions, albeit without all the color and... 'Santa?'" Iamar knits her eyebrows together. "Is that the man in red I passed by when I first came here?
    There were a few children nearby."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Tree]

"Yes... though it seems different people take the role at different times," Fayyaad says. "They sit down on that chair and don the costume. Right now... it's actually a woman. With purple skin and long ears."

[Snowball Fight]

The little goblins open with a chaotic barrage of snowballs, whatever plans and tactics they may have made gone when they start throwing. The sudden appearance of a red-headed girl sows some confusion, and some of the goblins decide to throw snowballs at her on general principle. Brinika peers at her between the snow battlements.

"Do you know her?" she asks Cheasadh. "She kind of looks like someone I've seen around GLoG, but way smaller. Maybe it's her daughter."

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Santa's Throne]

No fake beards here, just fake bears. Oh, and gigantic ears.

'Santa' puts away the megaphone and looks down at the little kid. Had they met before? She felt familiar somehow. "Ho, ho, ho! Merry thankmas little girl!" She replies, unsure if its really appropriate to have children sit down in her lap. Like, then adults might get ideas too!

She leans down to be closer to the girls face. "So why don't you tell Greatlady Winter your name, little one?"
    "I'm Alni.", the girl says calmly. It's true! Any more names got lost, out in the desert.
    She puts her hands together, looking up politely but twisting back and forth a little out of nervousness.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #117

By the Tree

"I suppose at least the role is not limited by gender," Iamar says. "And she is wearing green as well? I suppose there isn't a set look either."

28. - Top - End - #118

[Santa's Throne]

Alni, she mentally cursed, that name sounded so familiar, yet she couldn't place it. Ah, no matter gotta stick to the part.
    "Alni, that's a very beautiful name. But tell me then, Alni. What can Grandlady Winter give you for thankmas? She have a very heavy bag, so she would very much enjoy giving away some of her loot to the old and young of this world."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Tree]

Fayyaad looks Anika over again.

"Indeed not, though this is the first Santa I see who's wearing green. What say you? It's traditional for someone to get a present, at least on their first visit."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Santa's Throne, Earlier]

Faye will 'port onto Koshal's lap as soon as a bone leaves the bag to snap it up. Then both of them lean gently onto Santa-Wen in a polite not-hug.
    "Thank you, Santa." says Koshal, with Faye making a dog noise in a similar tone.

[Concourse]

Lost? Mist? Never. In fact, Mist was standing behind Leah this whole time!
    Totally. She clearly just didn't look down for such a small animal.
    But then he is himself again.
    "Alright Leah, where to next?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]