New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Marvel's Avengers Infinity War - Teaser Trailer

I'm thinking Vision won't "die" but in losing his Gem will be transformed in some respect to reduce his overall strength for straightforward narrative reasons and facilitate a character arc where he now has to deal with a sense of vulnerability in a diminished form. This would lead into some interesting interactions with Scarlet Witch in particularly.

Just killing him would be rather uninteresting given Vision hasn't had much time to develop in the first place, and the Russo's thought processes for the next two movies are mostly aimed towards how they can further the various arcs which they started in Civil War, and Vision was clearly at the beginning of his story there.

This would also deal with the fact that Vision's probably too strong for these movies, and power-set wise he kind of steps on the toes of the upcoming Captain Marvel as a flying brick with laser beams. While plot-wise he could still be pretty useful for the writers in the eventual defeat of Thanos, by having knowledge attained from his mind being directly tied to one of the all-important McGuffins he can provide valuable insight for whatever resolution you want to the conflict.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I'm thinking Vision won't "die" but in losing his Gem will be transformed in some respect to reduce his overall strength for straightforward narrative reasons and
    Well... it looks like they have scenes out of order in the trailer, because he looks fully human at first, and unless that's an illusion or shape-shifting power, that scene should come after the one where Thanos tries to rip the stone out of his head (in the first scene, while human, the stone is still clearly in his forehead btw). We don't see him actually succeed btw. The scene cut to after that is Thanos adding a PURPLE stone (Ronan's stone) (edit) blue stone, probably after Loki just hands it over, to his glove, not the yellow one. He might not actually manage to steal the yellow one at all.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-11-30 at 02:34 PM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought the guy with the gem in his head was Adam Warlock.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    I thought the guy with the gem in his head was Adam Warlock.
    Warlock has the soul gem in his head in the comics, vision also has a gem that is not an infinity stone.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

5. - Top - End - #65

In the interest of full disclosure, the comics have a dump truck full of 'magic rocks' that give you powers or plot.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks really really "full".

Unless the Movie takes 3+ hours (which we all know it wont) I see a lot of potential wasted due to this.

Still gonna see it, but ...well....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    *Finally*?!?

The first team up movie has been such a success it traumatized the studios so deeply they are trying desperately to catch lightning in a bottle a second time for the past 5 years and crashing.
    Both Avengers movies I find pretty meh. Specially compared with the movies that consolidated the MCU before them. I don't like "team-up" movies because they try to compress everything into a single story that truly doesn't involve the team, making the reason for teaming up narratively pointless. In fact, I'm gonna be the Heathen here and declare that I enjoyed Justice League more than I enjoyed either Avengers movie. I also liked it more than Civil War (another Team-up movie). At least JL is comparatively better than the sum of its parts

On a scale, I'd give Avengers 1 a 6.5/10 (it's a scale just for heroes movies, mind you) and JL a straight 7/10 (in my school system, 7 is a "pass" in highschool )

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    The Avengers is maximally dumb and indulgent and nobody in it talks like a human being they all talk in 100% Whedonisms.

It doesn't necessarily matter because it was riding on the back of some good movies which established at least who the main characters were and what they wanted in the public consciousness, but it really is the ultimate dumb popcorn movie and perfectly enjoyable on those terms.

Age of Ultron was ehhhhhh.
    Precisely. I don't mean Avengers was a waste of time; but if I had to rewatch any hero flick, those wouldn't be on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Mattys View Post
    Where does the gautlet come from? Did Thanos build it in order to conveniently and simultaneously convey the power of the six stones? Is it a pre-existing artifact? Are the six stones meant to be together (if not in the hands of a ruthless galactic overlord)?
    IIRC, Thanos made the glove to properly wield them, because even for a "god", it's extremely difficult to handle all 6 at the same time. And the stones aren't "supposed" to be wield together by the same entity for balance reasons. Long story short: only a VERY special being can actually hold them together and avoid Multiverse destruction or completely messing up reality.
    Spoiler: Spoiler Spoiler
    Show
    He is certainly not the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I suggest we make Worf a part of the Marvel Universe, maybe as a new member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. THen, Thanos can defeat him to show how cool he is.
    You mean, like the guy that "lost his head" in Suicide Squad? At least it was a mindblowing moment

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I found his CGI a bit clunky. But then AngryJo said "he looks better than SteppenWolf", is he right?!
    Let me put it this way: Steppenwolf looks like a character from the cinematics in Age of Mythology. Thanos is at least rendered with PS4 pro.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    That said he does need his hat.
    Everyone looks better with a hat
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Looks really really "full".

Unless the Movie takes 3+ hours (which we all know it wont) I see a lot of potential wasted due to this.

Still gonna see it, but ...well....
    It's the problem both Avengers had before. They felt rushed and underdeveloped; specially on the villain aspect. I just hope they don't waste too much time on one liners (like the others) and we spend more time learning who is Thanos and why we should care.
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

And theys only had to integrate people already present in previous movies. This one though.....well.....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

See, I had no problem with the pacing or "fullness" of either Avengers.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So in universe she has gone from a Brunette, to a Red, to a Blonde, all to the magical properties of Hair Dye?

Is the different hair color supposed to represent where they are in the Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and 4 whatever sequence with the Avengers movie being the transition piece?
    Er... she's a spy. If her appearance changes, I just assume it's to do with work.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Soul hasn't been mentioned yet, almost certainly in Wakanda.
    So they're putting the Soul gem in the african nation. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, this trailer's giving me a boner.

Or maybe it's just Scarlett Johanson. Again.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."