New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Wasteland Wailers

"Aw, thanks Love," Happy says, very pleased by the compliment, "You're so nice." She giggles. "Enjoy the pancakes! I've still got work to do. Rose still needs to eat."

"We will," Star assures her, "Oh we will."

-----

Powder Keg swallows the last chunk of pancake and wipes her mouth. "Ah! That hit the spot. Heh, to be honest, I think your MREs would still be a step up from roast cockroach and some other foods they serve around here."

Powder Keg goes a little pale. "She's a News? Um, okay. Well! That changes things. News are ponies who go from place to place and trade, well, news for food, supplies, etc. No one messes with them because, if you get a reputation for killing or roughing them up, they don't come to you anymore. And then, you're kinda bucked."

--------

"So," Angel Wings says after a bit of silence, "Where did you grow up, Lt. Scope?"
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2017-12-23 at 12:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Powder Keg goes a little pale. "She's a News? Um, okay. Well! That changes things. News are ponies who go from place to place and trade, well, news for food, supplies, etc. No one messes with them because, if you get a reputation for killing or roughing them up, they don't come to you anymore. And then, you're kinda bucked."
    Rose looks over at Brazen and the prisoner, then back to Powder. "Hmm, so she's like a... mailmare or herald? Brings info between towns?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-12-23 at 12:36 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"So," Angel Wings says after a bit of silence, "Where did you grow up, Lt. Scope?"
    "Nowhere too exotic. I grew up in the south side of Cloudsdale and relocated to Canterlot during my teenage years. No its about for you?"

Given the fact that conversation seemed to have run its course, Sniper decided that it might be time to break out some word association games soon.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

"That explain why she was alone then." Brazen rubs his forehead. "Would it have killed her to lead off with that? Could have taken negotiations right from the start in ah different direction since it sounds like she'll be key in our operations round here."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Love smiles at Happy. "Aww. Are we two sweet peas in a pod?" She chuckles. "Thank you for the pancakes! Good luck with work! Keep Rose well fed!"

Love lowers the volume of the music. "One second, honey."

Love runs into the Thunderbird out of breath and breathing hard. She rests a hoof on the wall before trotting over to the LoveBot. The feather in its mane is plucked and placed into Love's mane. The bot moves out of her way and she takes its seat next to Star. Love gives the hardworking Star a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes! Sweet delicious pancakes. I've had a lot of pancakes lately. I need to cut back, or my flank will grow a size."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-23 at 04:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516

Happy pops back in. "Who's a mailmare? I'm a mailmare. Is there another one around here?"

Powder chuckles. "Yes, Happy. She's a mailmare. We just treat ours better out here in the Wastes."

Wildcat enters, empty plate levitating beside him. "Thank you Happy, those were delicious," he says, "Lt. Brazen, how's the situation with the prisoner?"

-----------

"Cloudsdale," Angel Wings says, "East side, though. One of the expansions they tacked onto it. 12th Eastern Mooring." A 'Mooring' was a large cloud attached to the main city when the original foundation for Cloudsdale proved inadequate to support the growing population.

"Way out West. Little town you've never heard of," Corby says, "And is a secret to non-batponies."

-----------

"Aw," Star says, "It's be bad for your health, yes, but cute."

7. - Top - End - #517

Happy pops back in. "Who's a mailmare? I'm a mailmare. Is there another one around here?"

Powder chuckles. "Yes, Happy. She's a mailmare. We just treat ours better out here in the Wastes."
    Rose will load two plates with more pancakes. "Here, another delivery for the troops."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Wildcat enters, empty plate levitating beside him. "Thank you Happy, those were delicious," he says, "Lt. Brazen, how's the situation with the prisoner?"
    "All in all she's not particularly helpful and seems to prefer dodgin the issue than be forthcomin. That said she's the Waste's equivalent of a mailmare which means we don't want to get on her bad side since they got more clout out here..." He turns back to Powder Keg. "So wacha think the best way of gettin her to help then? Let her loose with a buncha supplies? Or mayhaps you can talk to her a bit so we get the right information bein spread about? She might be keen on the word of somepony from the Wastes that's been with us fer awhile."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

She chuckles while looking looking her way. "I can't deny that." A piece of the cake comes off in her hoof and goes into her mouth. "Dessert for dinner. What do you thin-"

She mutes her outgoing comm and motions toward Star's device. "My guardian angel is here. Well, I don't need two. The other operation isn't as nice as you." She pouts. She really did prefer to be open about everything, but the Commander is here so she has to behave better (for his sake).

"What do you think of the new squad? Pine knows how to handle a gun. I'm glad to have another gamer aboard the crew. Corby is a ninja! Angel seems like a sweetheart."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Uh, where is the mail mare? Any pony dedicated to guarding her?

"Cloudsdale," Angel Wings says, "East side, though. One of the expansions they tacked onto it. 12th Eastern Mooring." A 'Mooring' was a large cloud attached to the main city when the original foundation for Cloudsdale proved inadequate to support the growing population.
    "I know of the place, although I'm not too familiar with it. Always seemed decent." Sniper replied. "I haven't had occasion to go back to Cloudsdale in a decade. Has it changed much?"

"Way out West. Little town you've never heard of," Corby says, "And is a secret to non-batponies."
    "Word of advice: don't mention anything being secret around Love / Partial Charge. Love can't stand not knowing secrets or having things hidden from her and she'll make your life miserable until she finds out the truth."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-12-23 at 07:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521

Those plates get delivered to the Wonderbolts.

"We're not going to announce our presence to the Wasteland just yet," Wildcat says with a wry grin, "We don't want to make promises we can't keep. At the same time, we already have a prisoner and I don't want to make that a habit."

"Gee. You make a mare feel so welcome," Powder Keg mutters.

"We'll hold her for a day or two. See if she'll trade info for supplies. Then, once we have a better grasp of the situation, we'll let her go," Wildcat rules.

------------

"I like them well enough," Star says, "Green Pine would scare me if I met him in a dark alley, but Card Ace is..." She clears her throat. "Charming. Perfectly charming, m'dear." She giggles. "I'm sure we'll get to know them over the course of the mission."

------------

"Eh. Some buildings built. Others demolished," Angel Wings says, "A bit taller of a skyline, but not that different."

"Thank you for the advice," Corby says.

In a few hours, Star tests the Thunderbird's systems and declares that it is ready to go. Loading the ship is a more haphazard affair, since they're just bundling everything in and hopping it over the Goodhope. Powder Keg gets to ride in the main compartment this time, as does the News mare. By the time they set down in a little gully behind the town, everypony is feeling fatigued.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Love walks out of the ship on two legs, her top half hanging over in defeat. What a terrible day she thinks to herself. She was doing mechanic work all day! Work! all day! She hasn't worked this hard since the commander trained the squad.

She drops to all fours and starts setting up the BotNet in the new area. The new area would need to be mapped too. The defense line here wasn't going to be as great unless Scope & Brazen set all the grenades. It seems they weren't needed the first time anyway. The ChromeBots can unload things while people sleep if the Commander has them setting up base here. The cars can be reassembled now that the bird can hop and limp.

Love has been staring off toward Goodhope. She wants to pay it a visit.

Instead, the News pony will have to do. Love makes her way over to her and introduces herself. "Hey. Name's Love. What's your name?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-23 at 08:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523

Rose, still strapped to her seat, finished eating the remaining pancakes. "So here we are, four star accommodations and don perion for everyone."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper unfastened his restraints, worked his shoulders around to loosen them, and then stretched out his spine.

"I think you need to stop trusting those online review sites." Sniper said to Rose. He tilted his head at the two Wastelanders. "Have you checked them over for magical influence?"

He tapped the base of his neck to communicate that he was thinking of Geas casting microchips. That done, he began moving toward the back door.

"I'm going to get an airborne look at the lay of the land; make sure we can defend the 'bird if needed."

It would be a quick flight: out, up, study and report back.

Spoiler: OoC Roll
    Show
    Tactics
    (3d6)[1][2][3](6) VS 15 (13 Skill + 2 Software)

15. - Top - End - #525

"No... I wasn't asked to check anyone for any magical effects." Rose unbuckles herself and gets up. "Commander, were all our guests checked for magical effects?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #526

The News mare is having a grand old time. This really is a vacation for her. She looks Love up and down. "Two Bit," she says, "So, Love, what's your role in all this? Fancy ride ya got here, mate. Thinkin' of startin' somethin'?"

---------

Card Ace winks at Rose. "Oh indeed. Though I wish we'd sprung for five star service so we could get mints on our pillows tonight."

"Powder Keg's clear," Commander Wildcat says, "And Card Ace says the Newsmare is too."

--------

The current location is a better hiding spot than a defensive spot. However, it does mean the Thunderbird is protected from most attacks. With aerial cover and guards posted on either side of the gully, it will be easy to spot approaching enemies. Furthermore, with a little camo netting, the entire camp could be hidden, even from the air.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Love smiles big. "I'm happy to meet you, Two Bit!" She rubs her left hoof over her transparent armor. "Don't let the armor fool you. I'm a lover at heart, not a fighter."

"Me? I control the robots." She reaches into her saddlebag and pauses progress on the BotNet to start commanding her ScoutBot. Presented, It flies out of her hoof and around Love's head while doing a barrel roll. She holds her saddlebag open, and it flies back inside. "I also spent the day fixing up our ship. The one that drew you to us." She resumes setting up the BotNet while she talks.

Love smirks. "Would you like to watch a movie? Oh! We're going to be best friends. I have so much to share with you! I use to live in the wastes! I've been living in Equestria for a while now. I know all the right stuff to tell you!"

Show
    I probably don't use my social skills as often as I should. I've rolled!

Diplomacy 3 vs 15
    Body Language 16 vs 13
    Detect Lies 12 vs 11
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-24 at 01:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Once they've all landed at the new site Brazen helps unload whatever supplies are needed for the moment. Holding off on laying any new defensive lines for the moment at least. "How long we stayin here? Gonna stick to keepin watch or should ah see about layin ah new field?"

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"We're tucked away nice and tight; Star found us a good hiding place. A guard at each end would give us plenty of reaction time." Sniper said to Brazen. He looked to the Commander. "With a little work, nobody would know we're here. Not even an airborne search would find us."

20. - Top - End - #530

Card Ace winks at Rose. "Oh indeed. Though I wish we'd sprung for five star service so we could get mints on our pillows tonight."
    "At least the food has been good," Rose replies.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-12-24 at 10:28 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #531

"With a name like Love? I'd be surprised if you weren't," Two-Bit says.

At the end of Love's speech, the mare smirks. "Heh. You'r alright, Love. Heard of movies before. Never seen one though."

---------

Meanwhile, Commander Wildcat takes charge of the situation. "Alright, ponies," he says, "Been a long day, but I think we've got the beginnings of a plan worked out. We're going to make camp right here for the time being and find some way to get Goodhope to accept Equestrian protection. From there, we'll spread the message of hope and freedom across the Wasteland. Our enemies made it nice and easy for us when they decided to play mustache-twirling villains. They've kidnapping foals and loved ones, among other such acts. So long as we show a strong, united front, they should flock to our side. Then we can batter down Dr. Hyper Thought's door before he knows what hit him."

"To that end! A few ground rules. No disagreeing with each other in public. Strong. United. Front, ponies. Make friends if you can, but from what we've seen, practical assurances go farther here than good intentions. So help. Use the wonders of Equestria to dazzle these ponies."

"Now, for tonight, we've all been working hard, but we can't sit on our flanks and let somepony sneak up on us. Lt. Love! Your bots are to set things up for us. Sniper Scope, Corby, get the camo netting over us. Even if it's not done well, it'll do for tonight. The Wonderbolts will take second watch. Do we have any volunteers for the first watch?"

22. - Top - End - #532

Rose raises a hood because she had no pressing matters at the moment. "I'll volunteer, sir."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes, Sir." Sniper affirmed his orders.

"I'll volunteer as well."

He was no stranger to working nights. Further, he had a feeling that the other two thirds of the squadron were going to be preoccupied with, er, 'personal matters'. Best remove himself from potentially entering into any embarrassment there.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Love laughs at Bit's non-surprise. "Not many take my name seriously. I'll set you up with some entertainment after we settle in a bit, alright?" She pats Bit's shoulder and gives her a reassuring smile.

Love salutes continually throughout the Commander's formal orders. She dots the end to it with a, "Yes, Sir!" and puts her hoof down.

When the back and forth dies down Love private comms Red Tape, "Captain, Sir. As you know, the radio needs set up half a dozen miles back. Do I need to prepare to leave tonight or will I be staying 'home'?"

Show
    The team should have a connection to Equestria (10,000 mile range). We simply don't have a high speed connection (1,000 mile range).
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-24 at 04:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535

Wildcat nods to Sniper and Rose. "Very well! I trust you can arrange who watches what side between the two of you. As for the rest of you." His eyes fall directly on Love, Star, Brazen, and Seafire. "If you're not on watch, you're sleeping. Not 'sleeping with', sleeping. Do I make myself clear? I need you to be well-rested."

--------

Red Tape thinks for a moment. "Let's leave it till tomorrow. When you can go with an escort."

26. - Top - End - #536

Not 'sleeping with', sleeping
    Rose internally giggles. That had to have been aimed at Love. Poor girl, her job is really cutting into her sex life.

She turns to Sniper. "Alright, which side you want? I'll take the opposite and we can switch off every half hour so we don't get bored out of our skulls."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Sounds good. I'll already be airborne putting on camo netting so I'll go forward." He caught himself a half second before phrasing a comment poorly and leaving himself open to an unintentional innuendo. "You can have the opposite side to start."

It looked like he wasn't the only one concerned about midnight rendezvous. Sniper suppressed a smell. There are infrequent advantages to being celibate.

28. - Top - End - #538

"Alrighty-o then." Rose heads out and patrols the back-side of the camp/shop/whatever. She puts on her goggles, as the extra vision modes will be useful to her.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen makes as if to play innocent but he breaks down chuckling in fairly short order. Commander had him pinned. "Aye sir, loud and clear." As such he bids everypony else goodnight, giving Seafire a quick nuzzle, before heading off to his tent to sleep.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Love turns her head at the odd orders and raises an eyebrow at Brazen's chuckling. "Aye, sir!" she replied, confused.

---

Love will set up the BotNet, then find a nice sheltered, dark place she can set up Bit's holophone movie. She throws a foreleg over the pony. "What type of stories make you cry or spring with joy? There is going to be a metal pony around that'll assist you with anything you need. Do you have any questions? I can answer you a few before I head to bed."

---

She replies to Red Tape, "Yes, Captain."