New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Wasteland Wailers

Sniper took stock of the situation. Information was put to his mental grid in real-time. There was a lot they needed to do and quickly. Sully could be back at any moment.

"Apologies, ponies, I have a lot of questions because we need a lot of data. Go ahead and get everypony back on their hooves, especially the Commander.

"Love, we're going to need some options for travel. If we can get the 'bird back in the air quick, great. If not, could we use the cars for transport?

"Star, when you're able, we'll need to know about communications and if we can contact Command.

"Powder Keg, got any bearings for us?

"Sgt. Corby, if the Wonderbolts aren't back in a few minutes, we're going to make a quick trip skyward to get the lay of the land and check for nearby scavengers."

He ignored the aches and pains. He could rest when he was dead and that wasn't happening any time soon.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Love would leave the medicine to the doctors. She had enough on her plate.

"The cars are loaded to the max with equipment. We'd have to dump everything to transport everypony. We have better odds with our equipment than whatever other situation we could manage to create without it."

Love pulls out her phone and does some quick math on flipping the Thunderbird. "I could use Star's help."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose will see that everyone is awake and standing as best she can get them, including the Commander.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Star wakes up in short order and groans. "Feels like somepony tried to cave my chest in," she says, "Ugh. Give me a minute." Rose's exam does show a rather large bruise spreading across her chest. Fortunately, the Wonderbolts arrive in a few minutes, covered in sand but alive and looking much better than the EDF.

Powder Keg balances on her hind legs (which is difficult to do for a long time without cybernetics) and takes a look around. "Got news. Not good or bad, just news." She points to the horizon. "See that twin-peaked hill? Base of that has a settlement. Built up around an underwater reservoir. There's the nearest civilization."

Once everypony is up and on their hooves at least, Commander Wildcat takes charge. Red Tape takes Hornet Squad and goes to make an inventory of all the supplies that survived the crash. The Wonderbolts take to the air and keep their eyes on the surrounding area, looking for trouble. "Right." Wildcat says to Harrier Squad. "Shot down. But no casualties yet. Love, Star? What's the status on the ship?"

"Before the crash? Engine two was completely destroyed, which caused power fluctuations across the entire system. Don't know what happened after the crash. If power had stayed constant, we could have stayed in the air."

5. - Top - End - #215

Rose sits to recoup her stamina after the spellcasting she performed. She'll keep an eye out for danger until she's given standing orders. On a thought, she also does a little audio diary recording for herself, noting how the mission has unfolded, state of mind on the troops, and current dangers to face (gonna cook in this sun).

Damned Polaris. He must have found Sully and broken him out of prison to get upgraded and sent after us. Probably knew we knew he knew we knew of Hyper's place out here. A dragon wasn't on the radar of known things though. Feh.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper's thoughts were moving down a similar path to Rose's. It would have taken time to upgrade Sulmandeer into Cymander and more time for the dragon to become adept at his newfound enhancements. Which meant that Sulmandeer wasn't in prison and hadn't been for some time.

Further, Sulmandeer knew they were coming, knew what their ship looked like, and was prepared for their tricks. He knew. Which meant some pony had to tell him.

Was there a leak in mission planning?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The BotNet was set up as soon as Love had access to her cars.

Spoiler: BotNet
    Show
    Robot (Robotbug) (Flier) (Living Flesh) (x50) are sent out as an airborne domed camera perimeter around the ship.
    Robot (Robotbug) (Flier) (Living Flesh) (x40) are sent out to find Car2 & sully.
    Robot (Robotbug) (Flier) (Living Flesh) (x3) are sent out to scout Keg's settlement.
    Robot (Robotbug) (Flier) (Living Flesh) (x3) are sent out to scout around Keg's settlement.
    Swarm (Explorer) (Flier) (Solar Cell) (Disguise) (E) (x50) are sent out to map the area around the thunderbird.
    10 yard map, return to dump data, release again.

Love provided two capsules to help the last two ponies wake up and a groom spray use to detach the tape from Star as painlessly as possible.

"Commander, we might be able to get her flying with time. Keg is right to expect scavengers. It might be in our interest to camo up and lay low until we lose some heat. We might be able to get her flying quick enough before we run into trouble, but that's a gamble."

"The downed convey vehicle might be recoverable. We could hide it away too to try to avoid scavengers."

"I can look over the sensor logs, but our dragon friend might be having a spot of bad luck and be on the ground too. It'd be worthwhile to find him injured and remove him from the equation."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-08 at 02:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Rose watches the swarms of robot bugs spread out like an invasion. Considering how Powder Keg reacted to a holo-projector, the settlement's residents ought to freak out thinking a locust swarm has arrived to spell out the End of Days.

Dis gonna be gud, Rose thinks to herself.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

"Dealing with Sully might be the best thing to do but without full radar coverage that seems unlikely." Brazen looks over the ship. "Could we unload the cars and between them, the power suits, and the Wonderbolts get her flipped back over? Personally ah ain't to worried about scavengers since we still got the upper hand in armor and weapons but that's ah load of ammo that don't need to be expended if we can help it.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Love catches the funny look from Rose and slouches her head over in defeat. She'll recall the majority to only leave a few flying robobugs to explore the settlement. She pats her saddlebag. "Another day my pretties."

------

"I'm worried about scavengers. Their bullets may not mean much to the few of us in powered armor, but a stray explosive could farther damage our already damaged craft."

11. - Top - End - #221

Wildcat keeps his eyes on Powder Keg, but listens to the conversation. "First we need information. Then we need a plan."

The first swarm holds position and reinforces the Wonderbolts' perimeter. The second will eventually manage to find the crashed car. The gear is intact, but the vehicle is totaled. Sulmandeer remains elusive.

As for the settlement, it is a small village by Equestrian standards. The sign outside reads, "The Township of Goodhope." The ponies inside are all in a townhall meeting, trying to figure out what to do about the 'crash' out in the desert. They doubt anypony survived, but are debating whether they can take the scrap before the other scavengers find it.

"Let's avoid the fights we can," Wildcat says after a time, "We are here to help after all, not conquer."

12. - Top - End - #222

"Well we got a good perimeter going. They'd have to be invisible to sneak up on us, and few know how to do that who aren't Sully."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Love has a holo map set up in one of the cars (continually being updated by the swarms) to display the area around the Firebird.

She suggests everypony recharge off the radio batteries while the sun is still up.

Love sends an inventory of the downed aircar to the Commander.

"Commander, if we're not looking for a fight, I'd like to suggest we put the camo netting over everything and try to obscure our presence."

"We overshot our radio's relay position by about five miles. Unless we move back to set a radio up our transfer rate is going to be patties. We'll be stuck with slow data and/or voice only."

"I'd like to suggest we go back to the downed convey. The gear preserved inside could be a major hassle if scavengers use it against us. We need to set up a radio that way. The scavengers are more likely to give up the search if they find something, a wrecked car could be that thing. If you don't think it's worth the time to loot, I'd still suggest we blow everything within it up and leave in a hurry."

Spoiler: Car3
    Show
    1Camouflage Net (E) 3
    1Power Cell (F) (100/100) (E) 1
    1Radio Communicator (Very Large) (Rugged) (E) 1
    1Solar Paint (E) 1
    Ammunition (18.5mmPC) (Stick-n-Shock) (E) (TL10) 125
    Ammunition (5.56) (Stick-n-Shock) (E) (TL10) 375
    Ammunition (9mm) (Stick-n-Shock) (E) (TL10) 250
    Chemical, Anti-Tangler Aersol 3750
    Chemical, Firefoam 400
    Chemical, Sleep Gas 3750
    Chemical, Sleep Poison 25
    Cufftape (E) 50
    Drug Patch (Hidden) (E) (TL10) 1
    Grenade (Anti-Tangler) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 13
    Grenade (EMP) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 28
    Grenade (Sleep) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 28
    Grenade (Smoke) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 28
    Grenade (Stun) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 14
    Grenade (Stun) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 28
    Grenade (Tangler) (64mm) (SA) (Smart) (E) 12
    Grooming Spray 20
    Launcher (Anti-Tangler) (40mm) (E) 12
    Launcher (EMP) (40mm) (E) 12
    Launcher (Sleep) (40mm) (E) 13
    Launcher (Smoke) (40mm) (E) 12
    Launcher (Stun) (40mm) (E) 13
    Launcher (Tangler) (SA) (40mm) (E) 12
    Limpet Mine (Shaped Charge Warhead) (64mm) (Smart) (E) 10
    Swarm (Explorer) (Flier) (Solar Cell) (Disguise) (E) 50
    Swarm (Surveillance) (Flier) (Solar Cell) (Disguise) (E) 10
    Swarm (Swarmbot Hive) 1
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-08 at 04:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Commander Wildcat sighs. "We need that equipment. Here's what we'll do. After you've got your little swarm set up overhead and are satisfied it'll keep watch, send the Bolts the location of the crash. Between the three of them and their suits, they should be able to airlift it back. It does have metal in it, right? Something their magnet boots can latch onto?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Love salutes him. "Yes, sir!"

"And, yes, sir, they should be able to grab it."

Love had said her peace. She'll pull out her computer and work right there. Hopefully, the commander decides to go the stealth route, but the choice wasn't hers. And, she stayed because she was curious about what input the others would give to him.

She'll keep updating Star & the commander as new information comes in through the bots.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It was an interesting experience, being rendered useless. Scouting? Covered by Robot Bugs. Air superiority? Covered by the Wonderbolts. Fighting against Sully? Covered by every pony else.

Sniper hated the feeling. He looked to Powder Keg.

"What do you know about the Township?"

17. - Top - End - #227

Rose looks over in Powder's direction.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #228

While Love works away, the Commander wanders off to get a report on what supplies survived the crash. Star sits down next to her, a glum look on her face. "I was too slow," she says with a sigh.

Meanwhile, Powder Keg has taken to sunbathing. Where exactly she got the dark shades, who knows? Maybe Ace loaned her a pair. They do look rather big for her. She pushes them up and looks at Scope. "Goodhope? One of those 'live in peace with one another' places that fell apart real quick. Factions formed. Shot each other up. One emerged victorious and drove out the survivors of their enemies. As groups go, they're not one of the insane ones. They take care of their own, which means not shooting heavily armed enemies that walk into town. Heh. Might even trade with us, once friendly communications were established."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Love is lost in her own world enough that she doesn't notice Star until she speaks. Love touches hoofs with her to let her know she is there for her. The bots can do their own work. Love was only making them more efficient.

"Scope, the commander hasn't said yes or no to the idea of putting the bird under camo. I'd like you to start thinking about the idea in case stealth is favored. The most up-to-date holo map we have of the crash site is being fed into my computer and displayed on a phone in Convey 4. It'd be wise to cover our splash around us. The netting is packed next to the massive radios in each convey. We've got twelve nets total once the wonderbolts get the downed convey."

Love walks a hoof to position herself in front of Star, and her armor turns transparent. "Star, banish the thought. You did wonderful. I can't dodge an invisible dragon shooting laser. I don't know anypony that could do that. You brought us down without a single pony getting seriously injured." She glances down to where the bruise was on Star's chest hopping it was gone. "You did great. You gave me my top, number one most comfortable crash landing." Love chuckles and smiles at her. "We'll fix your, our, baby up."

Love leans in closer to whisper Star her plan to flip the bird back on her hooves and getting her working again."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-09 at 01:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Interesting." Sniper said in response to PK. It might be worth paying the town a visit.

To Love, he said: "Roger that."

He wanted a bird's eye view of the situation... and for some reason, he felt the need to get into the air. A couple wing flaps took him into the sky. Once there, he began studying the lay of the land, the position of the 'bird and how best to blend the two together.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Camouflage
    (3d6)[1][4][4](9) VS 16 (14 Skill + 2 Kit Bonus)
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-12-09 at 01:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Star cracks a smile. "Let's hope I never have to go for number two as well." The plan makes her brighten considerably. She begins examining the area around the ship. "Hmm. It'll be difficult to keep the sand from falling down inside. Could be done."

Fortunately, the ship is already partially camouflaged. Unfortunately, that's because it's also partially buried. A few camo nets should hide it from the air. Of course, very few of the enemies will be approaching from the air.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Meanwhile, Powder Keg has taken to sunbathing. Where exactly she got the dark shades, who knows? Maybe Ace loaned her a pair. They do look rather big for her. She pushes them up and looks at Scope. "Goodhope? One of those 'live in peace with one another' places that fell apart real quick. Factions formed. Shot each other up. One emerged victorious and drove out the survivors of their enemies. As groups go, they're not one of the insane ones. They take care of their own, which means not shooting heavily armed enemies that walk into town. Heh. Might even trade with us, once friendly communications were established."
    "What kind of goods do they have to trade for?" Rose asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Three passes later, Sniper looped back to the ground. He hovered next to Star and Love for a moment longer than strictly necessary before dropping to the ground. His wings are quickly tucked away.

"No good." He shook his head. "I can hide the 'bird from an airborne search. I can't hide it from a foot patrol. If we're going to repair it, then it will have to be done quick."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Star cracks a smile. "Let's hope I never have to go for number two as well." The plan makes her brighten considerably. She begins examining the area around the ship. "Hmm. It'll be difficult to keep the sand from falling down inside. Could be done."
    "I have faith in you." Love winks and chuckles.

"I was thinking we could use tanglers to grab the sand into clumps, or we glass the area with the convy's engines."

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "No good." He shook his head. "I can hide the 'bird from an airborne search. I can't hide it from a foot patrol. If we're going to repair it, then it will have to be done quick."
    Love stands up at the news. "That is not good news. We need to start working immediately."

She sends off all the information she's gathered like the Commander suggested. She'll recall any bots that finish its job.

She 'cleans' her forehoove on her armor and uses it to pass a kiss from her armored lips to Star's cheek.

A moment passes with only Star in her world before Love comms the commander while trotting. "Commander. I'd like permission to strip the conveys' and fix the Firebird. I also suggest that we arm grenades and create a minefield around the perimeter. Sleep, smoke, emp, stun on command. Stealth may not be an option. Scope has some news on that front."

Spoiler: Bird
    Show
    Love could try to drag it out or shake it loose by pulling up on it with some good vibration. Love will do whatever works best!

25. - Top - End - #235

Powder Keg waves a hoof noncommittally. "This and that. Whatever they have on hoof. But always water."

"Permission granted," Wildcat says, "Everypony! Lt. Love is currently in charge. She has a plan and we're going to make it happen."

26. - Top - End - #236

Powder Keg waves a hoof noncommittally. "This and that. Whatever they have on hoof. But always water."
    "Okay, well we have medicines that might be useful to trade with, so if we need to make a friend, I think I can wrangle that."

"Permission granted," Wildcat says, "Everypony! Lt. Love is currently in charge. She has a plan and we're going to make it happen."
    Rose raises an eyebrow, but waits to hear this plan.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Love snaps onto the extra charges. She is used to commanding hundreds of bots to work together. How different could ponies be compared to bots? Love takes stock of everything she knows about the group.

On comms, "Yes, Sir! The plan: We're going to dig the Thunderbrd out, flip her over, and fix her up."

"I want everypony to turn on their TacNet. I'll be giving everypony permissions to the majority of the frequencies for various devices."

"Wonderbolts are retrieving the downed convey car. The bots in that area will provide you with extra vision."

"Brazen and Scope. You are to set a defensive ring of smart grenades around the craft. I've been creating a holo map of the landscape around the bird. Use that in your placement, and make sure the swarm gets an accurate read on the grenades before you bury them. I want everypony to be able to trigger any grenade remotely as needed."

"We need the cars and ship as light as possible. Most of the rest of you will be hauling."

"Red Tape, Sir! I'd like you to supervise the unpacking, and direct the unloading efforts into a base of operations. Direct the unloading process as necessary. Car four has a vapor collector."

"Star, I want you to be the command center like you so often do. I'll plug you into the BotNet so you'll have eyes everywhere."

"I'll be stripping the cars."

"Rose and Angel. Everypony. I want you to be on high alert for exhaustion. If the two of you want to give everyone a primer on the signs, you are welcome to tell everyone about the affects of heat. But, I still want you to help unload when possible. Rose you'll be helping unpack the ship. Angel, you'll be helping unpack the cars. The cars themselves will have air conditioning up until they point they no longer have a skin."

"I've got three ChromeBots and a single MuleBot. Use them as much as possible to help transition everything."

"Keg will help unload the Ship."

"Green Pines. I want you to unload the cars."

"Ace and Corey. I want you to unload the ship."

"Everypony, Does anyone have any practice on working on cars? If so, I'll need you to help me strip the cars."

"If any pony has any input, private comm me now."

Spoiler: No input?
    Show
    If Love gets no input or doesn't need to change any orders at least, she'll part on a couple words, "We've trained. We've traveled half the continent. Green Pines has barely gotten to play with his gun! We have a mission to do! Let's do it!"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I think everyone has stuff to do. Let's see how that turns out! Yes, I know that Love didn't tell the Commander to do anything. She figures he'll, well, command.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-09 at 02:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

"Roger!" "Yes ma'am!" and other cries of affirmation follow Love's imperious declaration. (Oh look, I'm a zebra now.)

Powder Keg takes off her sunglasses and sits up. "Say what now?" Wildcat gives her a glare and she ducks her head.

Green messages Love. "My dad was a mechanic. Grew up around cars. Don't know much about these newer models, but I can help."

Spoiler
    Show
    Love will make the mechanic check for stripping down the cars with the bonus for a skilled assistant.

Brazen and Scope? I will need a tactics roll or strategy roll for choosing a good placement and demolitions for setting them correctly.

Rose? Medical checks. Make three and call it a day.

And Love? I need a command check to make sure everypony stays coordinated.

I'll roll for the NPCS.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen nods. "Layin out the welcome mat, got it." Love's plan sounds along the lines of what he'd been thinking for the Bird but now it was properly thought out. Not to mention she was far more familiar with the vehicles than he was anyway. First things first. Brazen heads for the cars with said explosives in them and begins to unload those first, they had alot of ground to cover and only so much to do it with.
    Last edited by userpay; 2017-12-09 at 03:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

(3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[9](3d6)[8]

Rose starts unpacking gear from the ship, stopping to check on the team for heat stroke.
    Digo Dragon - Artist