New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Demons vs. Devils (Demon IC)

During the conflict known as the Gods War (at least 1000 years ago), the leader of the New Gods, Daren Philisar, attempted to make deals with both the demons and the devils to support the new gods in this struggle. His contact among the demons was the demoness queen Nocticula, who had managed to topple Malcanthet as the Queen of the Succubi and among the devils; he went to the top, Asmodeus. No one knows why the alliances fell as they did, but the demons allied with the New Gods and the devils allied with the Old Gods. Noticula was able to forge an unlikely alliance between herself, Demo-Gorgon, Grazzt and several other minor demon lords (with herself at the top of the alliance, of course) and as the battle progressed, the New Gods emerged victorious.
    The repercussions on the Blood War were severe. The balance of power, at least in the Daystor universe, swung greatly in favour of the demons, to the point where the Hells became almost encircled. Devil worship, never really tolerated in the Prime was even more rigorously prosecuted, and at least two devil sponsored empires fell, while the demonic influence gained traction that it had never had before. It is often conjectured that this shift was what caused the promotion of Glaysa to Queen of her own layer of Hell, replacing the Hag Countess, and there is no question that Nocticula used the events to become the most powerful demon in the Abyss. The demons even managed to establish two outposts on the first layer of Hell, and although they were never able to expand beyond these two outposts (one in the Basalt Citadel); the devils were never able to dislodge them.

This all changed about a year ago. The actions of heretofore unknown pit fiend, Askaretha were the impetus. Askaretha was unusual in that she was the first known female pit fiend, and from her machinations, she became the first ever female member of the Dark Eight. Under her leadership, things changed quickly. Both demon outposts were completely overrun, and rumours began to swirl on the Prime that an old, previously considered unworkable mine was now in operation and it was funnelling gold and gems to Askaretha, funds that she was using to corrupt mortals to her service. And now, there is news in realms of Hell and the Abyss that a new artifact gem has been conclusively determined to exist and that with it, a demon or devil could swing the balance of power even more in their favour.

The devils are determined to retrieve this gem, long scorned in Daystor politics; they seek to become a force again. Lead by the forward thinking of Askaretha, they are ready for this quest. The demons, under Grazzt (with the tacit support of Nocticula) are just as determined that their thousand years of gains are not about to be unmade by some upstart pit fiend, who isnt even a lord of a layer in her own right.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2017-11-01 at 08:39 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Demons vs. Devils (Demon IC)

The meeting hall of Graz'zt is the one part of his palace where chaos does not reign, where some semblance of normalcy (or at least what mortals would call normalcy) prevails. You are seated around a table, surrounded by others of Graz'zt's court, awaiting your lord....who arrives with a boom.

For centuries, we demons have been winning the Blood War, slowly pushing the devils back. For hundreds of years, we have never lost a battle to them. Except for the past year. A new pit fiend, one calling herself Askaretha has mounted convincing counter attacks against us. She even reclaimed the Basalt Citadel that our forces had occupied for years, driving us out in humiliating fashion. We cannot allow this to continue.
    The Sirrus Gem, long believed to be only a myth or legend, has been confirmed to exist, whats more its travels through the multiverse in its pocket dimension have brought it into contact with the Daystor universe. The devils of Askaretha are going to make a play for this gem, we cannot allow it to fall into their hands. You will travel to this dimension and secure the gem for us, remembering to bath it in the ichor of our foes. Not only will we secure great power for ourselves, we will show this upstart Askaretha who truly holds the upper hand in the Blood War.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Kokabiel simmered with barely controlled rage. Which was the usual for such a being as he.

Especially surrounded by incompetent fools as these.

He kept the snarl to himself, but his anger was visible to all, nonetheless, it fit in amongst this crowd, which both disturbed him, and soothed him at once.

There was a time he would revel in tearing all present apart with righteous holy indignation, still, he would still enjoy to do so, but without the holy part. He was no longer Holy, hadn't been for a while now, and it seemed like a strange thought for him. Strange thoughts, for strange times. He frowned, standing on the hot rock of the counsel room, and awaited their master. He bristled at the thought of it, at least Graz'zt was smart enough...he couldn't say that about some of the others.

Listening, he waited for the Demon Lord to finish, evenstill, his hatred for all things, and anger, he knew his place.

"Surely you have more information for us, Great Graz'zt." he said, emphasizing the t, effecting his speech like a serpent. "Or are we to be dropped off like babes into a pit of vipers? Ready for us to slay all who approach?" He shrugs slightly at his own metaphor, and a sick smile splays across his face slowly.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-11-08 at 12:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Graz'zt smiles as he responds to the question. Our information is somewhat limited but this we do know. The gem seems to generate its own demiplane, however it does not appear to be sentient, its route and the associated legends of its existence do not follow a discernible pattern. It does however sweep up much of what it passes, as if it were a broom, and inside that plane, I would guess the strong devour the weak. So you wont be opposing any orcs or goblins...Hundred-Handed ones are a different matter. You will be dropped in what humans would term a dungeon, you must find your way out of it, navigate the plane, and retrieve the gem. My spies in Askaretha's court tell me she is preparing a force as well, which is both bad and good. Bad in that you will have competitors, good in that the gem must be bathed in the ichor of our enemies to fully activate it He produces a scroll with two spells inscribed. This scroll has two Plane Shifts on it, one is specially modified to target that plane, the other a standard to bring you back here. The faster you accomplish the dungeon, the more time you will have to set an ambush at the gem site....you will not be able to leave until you have defeated them.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

My'skka did not sit, her serpentine body making it far too cumbersome to attempt to mount any sort of chair, but instead reclined into her own coils and thus reducing her height to that of those who were. Each of her six arms were folded neatly across her chest and her face blank of all expression: her kind were the generals of the lesser demon kind and to her kind often came the blame during major strategic failures and losses. However equally in their failure came demotion and opportunities for promotion; those that had failed were no longer sat around Graz'zt's table and My'skka now had an opportunity to succeed where they had failed and earn their lost favor.

She gave a concerned look to the raging turncoat: she was not xenophobic in anyway but she did slightly worry that one capable of turning sides once was equally capable of doing so again.
    "More information would be of use--however--I believe introductions are in order first."

She raised herself a little upon her coils.
    "I am Mistress My'skkas--Heir to the throne of the Marilith and known as the Mistress of Slaughter within the blood circuits."

She raises the tip of her serpentine tail above the rim of the table behind her.
    "My counter-part raises a good question but I must protest at his choice of words: I do not wish to be compared to a baby nor my enemies eluded to being more viperous than I."
    Last edited by Jyssika; 2017-11-08 at 02:05 PM.
    Don't mind me; I am just a child that urinates petrol having a wee on this [Insert Country] Flag.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Kokabiel suddenly soothes, put at ease by the sudden intelligent conference.

He smiles, nodding to the large Marilith, even though his own size matched hers equally, he enjoyed verbal sparring, but checked himself, now was not the time, not in front of Graz'zt.

"Indeed my dear." all manner of his outrage turned ethereal "It was but a metaphor." he said simply, leaving the rest implied-but-unsaid Perhaps if you were not to stupid to realize this, you would have heard it for what it was.

His smile was disarming, almost genuine, definitely beautiful, if not for the blackened scar that ran across it in the shape of a divine brand. He nodded to the introduction, if anyone here, didn't know the others, they were as dumb as they looked. he thought to himself, but kept on smiling, and introduced himself "I am Kokabiel, Servant of our Lord Graz'zt."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Mezel, the Lilitu stood with the rest of the group, as a rather odd one. First was of course she looked human, gleaming metal armor marked with bright designs and images all over. Everything was neat, trim, proper and groomed. A slight aura of goodness wafted around her, for all intensive purposes she appeared to be one of the goodie little two-shoes paladins who would cavort around with angels and unicorns, using the power of friendship and blah blah.. bleh.

Of course her appearance was fake as anyone who could see past her illusions could see the smirking demon beneath the ghostly image of her paladin form.

"Ah, the devils of course. Once again they show their heads and faces,
    thinking they are the tricksters. But I shall show them I'm not one to be trifled with."
    she curses silently under her breath, wishing that she would have been more inclined to keeping the little treasures that the humans carried to kill devils and demons when she sacrificed them to the demon lords.

turning to the others around her, "I am Mazel, the holy radiant paladin of Poodoohead." A charming wordsmith she was, though more likely filters beyond the control of demons were enacted upon the perceived words, for they were not very kind ones for a god of Light and Goodness. Enough to make even a skeleton blush. Mazel bursts out laughing. "Nah, I Can't even say that I work for him with a straight face here. Not with your faces looking at me. But I can say making that church of Pelor slowly start burning their friends and family all in the name of light and goodness was well worth the trouble."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

The turncoat seemed unable to appreciate her joke. Perhaps good humor and mild jest was banned within the hallowed halls of angels--maybe after a few more centuries within her company she might be able to teach him some of the finer qualities of the less lawful. Or perhaps she had simply given a far too stone-faced delivery: it always was difficult to work out when several tons of blank faced warrior princess made them in a deadpan tone and she made a mental note to use more expression in future. Introductions over she addressed her patron.
    "Have any of your sources been to this plane before My Lord? Or will we be the first?"
    Last edited by Jyssika; 2017-11-08 at 06:33 PM.
    Don't mind me; I am just a child that urinates petrol having a wee on this [Insert Country] Flag.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Being of the common archer type, Ultinic will keep his mouth shut sitting around with his lord and betters, knowing that they could end him at their whim.

Ultinic looks like a bald human with some elvish features, the most distinguishing fact is the second set of arms that he has.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

No one who works for me has ever been to this plane. In fact, as far as I can tell, no one connected even remotely to Daystor has ever been to this plane. Or if they have, they have kept really quiet about it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then we shall go and find those who did go there, and persuade them to talk. Even if we have to get the information while we are there."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

You will find it hard to persuade someone to talk when you dont even know who you are trying to persuade
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

"I've got my ways, my lord. Besides, even if they don't know It'll be fun to make them sing like a canary." Taking a moment to look at her companions, she frowns a little. "Come! hurry, we've got people to slaughter, plans to make, and an ambush to plot."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

(Everyone else ready to go?)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Kokabiel stands silently, waiting to go.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

My'skkas nods affirmative--also ready to go.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The room seems to darken as if a shadow is falling over it The plane approaches, stand ready to cast. Ultinic unfurls the scroll, holding hands with the other demons, and works the strange magic. The group feels like they are being plunged into a tunnel, a kaleidoscope of colors flashing by them, and then without warning, they are spit out into a room.
    The walls of the room are featureless, except for a door on the far side of the room. However in the middle of the room, there is a raised dais (about 1 foot high) and on the dais is a bronze idol. The idol is sitting cross legged and in his lap is a large offertory bowl, with a flame burning inside of it. The idol is about 5 feet tall, if it were standing, it would be an impressive height. As the party orients themselves, the statue raises its head, smiling in greeting, and then in a very childlike voice says...I WANT GOLD.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"Well, this is interesting, though the planar shift was kind of rough. What shall we do?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

"No doubt it will be offended if we give it too little and yet it is unspecific as to exactly how much gold it wants."

The Marlith looks annoyed but clearly is thinking over in her mind of a way to better judge just how much gold to give it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is there some for of Knowledge test I can make? :P

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

not really...there isnt a charity knowledge and even if there was, demons wouldnt qualify
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"It says it wants gold. " Says the tricky demon, "Well its got to ask properly. I'm certainly not about to give money to some creature demanding I give it anything unless it uses the proper words." she glances about thinking to herself. "We could break it. I don't think anyone around here would mind."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

You could try...but it wont work
    I WANT GOLD
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"Ah well that seems easy enough, how much gold do you want, just a little (holding up a single coin)
    or more?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I WANT GOLDchanges needed
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Mazel ughs, rolling her eyes, before reaching into her pouch and throwing some gold coins into the fire pit."There. Whatever this stupid thing is. " Looking around again she realizes there was a door there the whole time. "Lets just go, we don't have time to spend with this thing." she remarks heading closer to the door.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The fire flares a bit higher as the gold lands in the pot, and the coins appear to melt and disappear

I WANT GOLD
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Kokabiel reels at the 'gleeful' experience, or what he thought a mortal might find as one. It soured him, and he instantly steeled himself when it all passed over.

He raised an eyebrow at the declaration of gold, but instantly found it wanting for something ....more. And so he thought it must be something to do with this place.

Curiosity peeked, he fetched for a gold piece.

"Well, I expect we should feed him some gold." he said simply.

Spoiler
    Show

If no one posts, or replies, he will give the gold (1 gp to be exact)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

As it did for Mazel, the fire flares up when the gold coin lands in the bowl, and then settles back to its previous level

I WANT GOLD
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Intrigued, Kokabiel holds a hand up to Mazel. "Perhaps there is something to this?" he drops another coin, and then another and another, seeing what happens.

Spoiler
    Show

I have lots of gold, so he'll see what happens
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-11-24 at 04:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Each time a coin is dropped, the flame flares and then resettles, and each time the statue repeats his request

I WANT GOLD

How many times do you repeat?
    #GoreMutualarejerks