New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,506 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VIII: Another Thread Needs Your Help General

The Capital Wasteland being an unusually devastated area has been the case since at least New Vegas, if not before. The Mojave, despite being a desert, is significantly more fertile, and the Boston area has significant amounts of ongoing farming, in with some farms recovered to the point that the are multi-generation concerns. 76 merely confirms that DC was unusually devastated.

Probably the high level of bombardment the DC area received led to a much greater level of groundwater contamination than in other areas, enough to reach a threshold that, rather than triggering a massive FEV-enhanced evolutionary response to develop a new ecosystem as seen elsewhere, everything just died off instead.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, one of the main plot points of FO3 was the attempt to clean up the Potomac River because there was so little potable water in the Capital Wasteland...not that you'd ever have realised that from any other part of the plot, mind.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ogre in the Playground

I doubt that such considerations ever flitted across Todd Howard's mind, to be honest. F3 was an engaging-enough game, but the MQ was pretty terrible in every direction.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

I mean DC being the capital meant it was a primary target, and was thus more heavily bombarded. It was mentioned, though only in interviews I believe.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestion View Post
    I doubt that such considerations ever flitted across Todd Howard's mind, to be honest. F3 was an engaging-enough game, but the MQ was pretty terrible in every direction.
    I assume they picked the area which was most heavily bombed to explain why the map is quite empty (they made Cyrodiil in Oblivion pretty hilly to cover the poor draw distance). So they didn't pick Washington and THEN decided it was bombed heavily. They thought about where the new game would make most sense.

Besides a single person does not decide something so big on his own. Not in an ongoing franchise.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: That's how this thread ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.