New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: King Asgore's Court [IC]

You basically have three options as I see it. You either get superior reach, like my polearm. Or you use a shield. Or the third most dangerous option is a twohanded weapon without any defenses. I do not recommend that. And I admire your mom for choosing that. Brad clumsily squashes Michael's bizeps and moves his arm around to get a feeling for his reach. Middle 'o the road type are you, right? Strong enough, dexterous but not exceling in a particular area. I'd say sword and a shield would do nicely. Have a crossbow as a backup. If you want to focus on quicker maneuvers, take a shorter sword. Brad thinks again. I got it. Shield and Spear! You can throw the thing, you do not have to get all touchy-feely with your target, and you can use your strength to maximum effect. Our captain uses one too. But she is insane. That's why she does not use a shield.

Mike walks a short distance in silence, looking around. He sees the the human's tendencies to couple up often. They are extremely social. As are monsters but monsters are all individual. Maybe some are made for each other. Or so Brad hopes, thinking about Justin again. Kind, and strong, and collected. A little bit of smoke billows out of Brad's nostrils.

So what about your mate? the dragon bursts out. Or is family and duty enough for you?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "Uh. It kind of depends on the food. But the general idea is to get rid of most of the physical matter. Which doesn't digest efficiently. Here. I'll show you."

Parker picks up a few ingredients and grabs a human cooking pan not altogether different from the quasi-weapon they confiscated. There's not a single bucket of snails or spiders in the place, but there are plenty of veggies and ice and sugar. Parker can make this work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Granted, there's a fine line between Monster Food and healing potions, which Parker decidedly shouldn't know how to make. Unless healing food is a thing in 5e for some reason? That would be weird.

Anyway, artisan's tools go! We're going to show these humans how it's done!

[roll0] +2(int) +3(proficiency) +???(circumstance) = Profit!
    Parker begins his cooking process. The head chef looks on intently, and soon enough, so are some of the other kitchen workers. The head chef absent-mindedly tells them to get back to work, and they do, but he seems engrossed in Parker's techniques. Once Parker is done, he's made an excellent chilled salad, garnished with strawberries and sugar.

"Alright, it looks normal... So how do your people eat it?" the head chef asks.

Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    "A few generations ago..." Justin's words echoed as he struggled with the significance. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was some detail that was missing. Something had to have happened where they were promoted to the elite. He changes his line of questioning instead, asking "Who was the first elite Ancip? It would have been Mr. Ancip's..." He pauses, counting a few generations back on his fingers. "Great-great Grandfather? Someone around there?"
    "I think so, yes," Mrs. Ancip replies. "Genealogy is not my strong suit."

As you two talk, three people round the corner and start walking past. They're dressed in long cloaks which covers most of their body.

Spoiler: Perception DC 8
    Show
    You spot, underneath the cloaks, pale white skin. Clearly not natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    You basically have three options as I see it. You either get superior reach, like my polearm. Or you use a shield. Or the third most dangerous option is a twohanded weapon without any defenses. I do not recommend that. And I admire your mom for choosing that. Brad clumsily squashes Michael's bizeps and moves his arm around to get a feeling for his reach. Middle 'o the road type are you, right? Strong enough, dexterous but not exceling in a particular area. I'd say sword and a shield would do nicely. Have a crossbow as a backup. If you want to focus on quicker maneuvers, take a shorter sword. Brad thinks again. I got it. Shield and Spear! You can throw the thing, you do not have to get all touchy-feely with your target, and you can use your strength to maximum effect. Our captain uses one too. But she is insane. That's why she does not use a shield.

Mike walks a short distance in silence, looking around. He sees the the human's tendencies to couple up often. They are extremely social. As are monsters but monsters are all individual. Maybe some are made for each other. Or so Brad hopes, thinking about Justin again. Kind, and strong, and collected. A little bit of smoke billows out of Brad's nostrils.

So what about your mate? the dragon bursts out. Or is family and duty enough for you?
    In response to the weaponry analysis, Michael nods, listening intently. "That's some good advice. I'll give it a try," he says, then grows silent for a few moments. "Oh! Thank you," he adds, realizing just a beat late that that would be appropriate.

Michael blushes when relationships are brought up, and stammers out "Um... Well, uh... You see..."

If Brad presses, Michael says "I'm just... Really, really nervous around women. Like, I get along with men really well! I'm not too introverted or anything, and we laugh, and have a good time, but when I'm dealing with a lady? I just clam up and make a fool of myself."

Spoiler: Perception DC 7
    Show
    In the spot you're currently at in Indos, you see a few young, pretty women about. There's three groups of them-one group of four, who seem to be together, and two groups of one, one of whom is talking to a merchant in a stall and the other of which is sitting on a bench, head buried in a book.

Spoiler: OOC Note For All
    Show
    You may use Passive Perception if you wish, on checks like these.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

I am just happy that monster genders are less....restricting. But I take it you are interested in females? Brad looks around and sees the two single women. He then pulls Michael towards the lady next to the merchant. Hail you good people of Indos. My friend here is looking for a weapon's merchant that would sell quality wares for his job as royal guard. Do you know where we can find those? Brad slightly pushes Michael forward, standing next to him as if the monster was a lower ranking guard. A bit off to the side, just close enough to intervene and secure the location. Enough to give the kid some privacy.

He then engages the merchant in a discussion about the general economy of the land.

Spoiler
    Show
    Passive Perception is indeed my preferred choice for everything perception for me since my character isn't meant to excel at seeing things anyhow.

4. - Top - End - #154

The merchant complains excessively about the taxes, the economy, the tariffs and tolls, and everything else under the sun. It seems mostly a salesman's bluster, though, meant to give the impression of a poor, hardworking man (who you should totally buy lots of things from to support).

Michael, meanwhile, waves hello to the woman, saying "Um... Hi."

The woman looks him dead in the eye, but says nothing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20)[1]

1-the worst possible choice. She's not a fan of the guard, and will make it known.
    20-the best possible choice. She loves the military of Indos, and is ecstatic to see a guard!

Edit: I am so sorry, Michael. :P
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-12-28 at 05:21 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

"How do we."

Parker suddenly becomes acutely aware of how much space their tongue takes up in their cute little mouth. Eating is one of those things that's hard to do when someone draws attention to it, especially when your charisma is 8. It only gets easier when Parker realizes that this is probably Chef's polite way of making sure it wasn't poisoned somehow.

"I mean. I don't think that part's different. You just. Uh."

The spider grabs a handful of Iceberg Salad out of the bowl and shoves it in their mouth. As is tradition. Apparently.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "I see, I see. Have you any proof of this?" he asks.

I came with but a small group of guards, simply enough to keep myself safe. We have helped your royal guards in their hunt for the Bullette, and have disarmed ourselves as per their requests while in your city. In addition, you have my word that we have dealt with you all fairly and honestly.

The vizier hms and hems, looking suspiciously at you two.
    Eladriel shifts nervously from side to side. "We're also willing to show you anything you'd like of our kingdom. With a bit of magic, I can show you the state of affairs below ground as we left it, if that will help persuade you of our good intentions."
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Brad tries to profusely convince the man that taxes and tolls are necessary to maintain the country since humans do not look like the type to maintain a proper infrastructure from just helping. Brad would buy a small trinket, more as a souvenir rather than a necessity to support the poor merchant though.

He quickly discovers the cold silence next to him, and before he can manage to buy something he sees the necessity to intervene: Did Mike here do something wrong? Why are you so hostile? Brad stands between the two, with his hand ready to intervene the girl clawing out Mike's eyes if she desires.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 should be: "the royal guard threw my parents into jail for tax evasion effectively making me an orphan" type of hostility. So I am wary of an attack. I mean I am a guard, I should see these types of situations coming from a bit away.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by puzzler7 View Post
    Eladriel shifts nervously from side to side. "We're also willing to show you anything you'd like of our kingdom. With a bit of magic, I can show you the state of affairs below ground as we left it, if that will help persuade you of our good intentions."
    "No-no spells," Kazik says. "If you truly wish yo prove your intentions, you're going to have do more than simply aid a few guardsmen."

Brad tries to profusely convince the man that taxes and tolls are necessary to maintain the country since humans do not look like the type to maintain a proper infrastructure from just helping. Brad would buy a small trinket, more as a souvenir rather than a necessity to support the poor merchant though.

He quickly discovers the cold silence next to him, and before he can manage to buy something he sees the necessity to intervene: Did Mike here do something wrong? Why are you so hostile? Brad stands between the two, with his hand ready to intervene the girl clawing out Mike's eyes if she desires.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 should be: "the royal guard threw my parents into jail for tax evasion effectively making me an orphan" type of hostility. So I am wary of an attack. I mean I am a guard, I should see these types of situations coming from a bit away.
    "You're both nothing but piles of scum! People like you are why... Why... Graagh!" she says, throwing her hands up and stalking off.

Michael looks to Brad, and asks "Did I... Did I do something wrong?"

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'll cash in my Passive Perception. But hypothetically, if I were to roll, and roll supremely well, might I have gotten more details about the strangers?

Justin gives the three cloaked strangers a respectful nod as they walk past, unsure of who they are and what exactly they were doing here. He waits for them to round a corner before speaking to Mrs. Anicp again. "Huh, I guess El was right. Humans do come in all kinds of colors and variations. They aren't Indos-" He pauses, brow furrowing as he wonders what the demonym for Indos is. "Indosian? Indosites? ... Indits?" He scratches his head and asks, "What do you call someone who lives here?"

10. - Top - End - #160

As they walk past, one stumbles and trips. Mrs. Ancip bends down to help him up.

Spoiler: Insight DC 14
    Show
    The stumble was on purpose. Something's wrong here...

Show
    Nope! You just got the basics-your Insight here is a chance to learn more.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Eyes narrowing as his fur tingled slightly, he attempts to puzzle together what exactly was unfolding here. His instincts insisted that the stumble seemed very practiced and planned, but he couldn't quite figure it out. He casts his eyes over the three figures, trying to determine if one of them is carrying a weapon or preparing to attack, and then looks back towards the door which was Mrs. Ancip's post. Maybe someone's trying to pull a guard away from their post...

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception; (1d20+4)[18] or Insight; (1d20+1)[14] depending on which you deem more appropriate to trying to find out exactly what exactly is triggering Justin's guard instincts.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, weird. She looked like she would attack you at any second. Is she the one? Should we stop her and investigate? She sounded like our kind wronged her in the past. Brad looks at Mike, then at the huffing girl. Our job is to protect the law. But the written law is only second to the law in the hearts of the people. I would like to correct any mistakes. And I need you for that because I have basically no reach here. The Dragon looks deeply concerned. HALT! he issues the small girl. (DC 14 Wisdom save) What is troubling you with the local guard? We would like to help. Invisible magical waves distort the air.

13. - Top - End - #163

Eladriel's face turns uncharacteristically serious. It's the same face you'd see as she studies spells - one does not become a master of arcane power by joyriding the underground air currents. Well, usually.

"Well, then, how would you have us do that? We could aid you in your duties, but that would require you to trust us first. I can name any number of tasks we could perform to confirm our good faith, and I'm sure you could as well - a relationship between our nations would be very beneficial for both of us, I believe. However, any of these partnerships would first require your trust, and I can think of no simple way to establish that. Honestly, I can think of no greater act of good faith than the very king of the underground appearing before you unarmed and unguarded, seeking diplomacy himself rather than sending an underling. But values in the aboveground are different, it would seem."
    Last edited by puzzler7; 2017-12-29 at 08:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Parker takes a moment to evaluate Chef's skeptical look as the monster-style Iceberg Salad literally melts in their mouth. "Ohf." *glp* "You uh. Try to swallow it before it dissolves completely. Otherwise you get excess energy in your sinuses. Which is like. Not harmful or anything but it feels like you have bugs in your brain."

15. - Top - End - #165

Eyes narrowing as his fur tingled slightly, he attempts to puzzle together what exactly was unfolding here. His instincts insisted that the stumble seemed very practiced and planned, but he couldn't quite figure it out. He casts his eyes over the three figures, trying to determine if one of them is carrying a weapon or preparing to attack, and then looks back towards the door which was Mrs. Ancip's post. Maybe someone's trying to pull a guard away from their post...

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception; (1d20+1)[12] or Insight; [roll1] depending on which you deem more appropriate to trying to find out exactly what exactly is triggering Justin's guard instincts.
    Spoiler: Perception DC 18
    Show
    One of them is in the process of drawing a wickedly sharp, slightly green knife. I'd do something, and fast.

Huh, weird. She looked like she would attack you at any second. Is she the one? Should we stop her and investigate? She sounded like our kind wronged her in the past. Brad looks at Mike, then at the huffing girl. Our job is to protect the law. But the written law is only second to the law in the hearts of the people. I would like to correct any mistakes. And I need you for that because I have basically no reach here. The Dragon looks deeply concerned. HALT! he issues the small girl. (DC 14 Wisdom save) What is troubling you with the local guard? We would like to help. Invisible magical waves distort the air.
    Show
    (1d20+1)[12]

The woman freezes in her steps. Michael looks at Brad, asking "Did you just... Did you just cast a spell on her?"

Eladriel's face turns uncharacteristically serious. It's the same face you'd see as she studies spells - one does not become a master of arcane power by joyriding the underground air currents. Well, usually.

"Well, then, how would you have us do that? We could aid you in your duties, but that would require you to trust us first. I can name any number of tasks we could perform to confirm our good faith, and I'm sure you could as well - a relationship between our nations would be very beneficial for both of us, I believe. However, any of these partnerships would first require your trust, and I can think of no simple way to establish that. Honestly, I can think of no greater act of good faith than the very king of the underground appearing before you unarmed and unguarded, seeking diplomacy himself rather than sending an underling. But values in the aboveground are different, it would seem."
    "I... What proof have you that he is your king?" the vizier snaps.

Asgore sighs quietly, and asks What proof would you believe?

Parker takes a moment to evaluate Chef's skeptical look as the monster-style Iceberg Salad literally melts in their mouth. "Ohf." *glp* "You uh. Try to swallow it before it dissolves completely. Otherwise you get excess energy in your sinuses. Which is like. Not harmful or anything but it feels like you have bugs in your brain."
    "Oh. When you said... Well, erm, nevermind. Here, let me try a little," the chef says, taking a fork from a table and grabbing a bite. He chews, thoughtfully, and swallows, then says "Not bad... Nothing extraordinary, mind you, but very serviceable. I won't be fearing for my job anytime with your cooking, but with some practice, you could really whip up a good dish."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-06 at 04:34 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the shape of the blade being drawn from its scabbard, Justin has only one thought. Stop the attack. He rushes forward, bellowing, PUT THAT KNIFE AWAY!" Determined to pin the attacker to the ground, he charges horns first towards the attacker as he shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shove attempt on the robed figure pulling the knife to knock prone; the higher of (1d20+6)[7] or (1d20+6)[21]

17. - Top - End - #167

Spoiler: Opposed Roll
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13]

Probably gonna fail this. Yay!

The man goes to the ground, knife clattering out of his hands. Mrs. Ancip, stunned momentarily, has her hands dart to her maul as the other two draw knives of their own.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-06 at 05:37 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler: Init
    Show
    Mrs. Ancip: (1d20)[2]
    Assassin 1: (1d20+3)[5]
    Assassin 2: (1d20+3)[20]
    Assassin 3: (1d20+3)[15]

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

It's fine, Mike. I just want a chance to talk to you. We just want to know what your problem with guards is? Brad looks really apologetic. He holds up a claw, counting down the fingers from 4 to zero. If you'd rather like to leave you can do so....now. But I do not think you can run away from unresolved problems like these.

People left and right stop to investigate the sudden usage of magic. Brad's thoughts are racing. If that were the underground where magic forces you into battle, you could take your turn and babble on about a topic while barraging your enemy with fun attacks, heal them or even nothing at all. But these humans are far more resilient. Even this average peasant can shrug off magic in a matter of a few seconds. It's just the border between mundane and magical is far more casual for monsters than humans. Half of him didn't even want to cast a spell. It was just his determination that lashed out on the girl.

Michael is certain Brad is blushing. I'm sorry for the magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion to convince them he is truly sorry for the magic: (1d20+6)[15]
    Deception to hide he is ashamed of his behaviour: (1d20+3)[18]

20. - Top - End - #170

The woman, when the magic loses its grip on her, turns to face you two. "You... You bastard!" she yells, and launches herself at Brad. Michael grabs Brad and pulls him back, causing her first attack to miss.

"We should be gone. Now!" he tells Brad, and, assuming Brad doesn't object, hightails it out of there.

The two assassins who remained on their feet take a moment to look at their prone companion, with one barking out something short in an unfamiliar language. They then launch an assault against Mrs. Ancip with their daggers.

Each land a single blow on the woman, causing her to cry out in pain. The daggers seem magically envenomed, never losing their green pallor.

Show
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d4+3)[6]
    (2d6)[9]

(1d20+5)[20]
    (1d4+3)[4]
    (2d6)[7]

(1d20+5)[24]
    (1d4+3)[4]
    (2d6)[4]

(1d20+5)[10]
    (1d4+3)[7]
    (2d6)[5]

19 damage dealt.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-06 at 06:00 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

You're the law, my friend. But I do not think we should leave this situation unresolved. Brad doesn't budge, and if the woman tries to attack further, he tries to grab her arms to stop the onslaught. Stop it, will you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics to grapple her hands (1d20+6)[16]

22. - Top - End - #172

The woman struggles, but is stopped by Brad. Michael says, though "You're on a mission of diplomacy. I don't think causing a scene in public is a good idea-I'll help you look into this later, I promise, but for now, we should go."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "I... What proof have you that he is your king?" the vizier snaps.

Asgore sighs quietly, and asks What proof would you believe?
    El places a hand on her forehead, apparently muttering a prayer or a curse. She opens her eyes and continues, still serious. A closer look reveals something startling - she's having fun being buried in banter.

"Well, Vizier Kazik. What is it that makes a king? You are a mighty Vizier, are you not? Can you not read the actions and reactions of those around you? Or are you telling me that you yourself could not tell apart the king were he hidden among the rabble? A king is a king is a king - be he a king of men or a king of beasts or a king of monsters. A lion is indisputably king of the jungle, dressed in scraps or robes - would you disagree? And I think that should the king appear here, even in a miner's suit, we would know him as your majesty - a king is a king is a king."

She reaches to pull out a royal insignia.

"We, of course, have such royal identification, should you like to see it. Though I think it should hardly be necessary. I remember little from the surface, but I doubt the kings have become common men."

Show
    Guidance, because spell slots are overrated. Adding (1d4)[2] to my check.

I'm not sure what to roll, although it's obviously Cha based. Persuasion is +7, all else is +4.

Persuasion? (1d20+7)[21]

EDIT: Sorry, should say what I want to do with this. Trying to convince the Vizier that Asgore is king, that we are trustworthy, and that we are not to be brushed off lightly. We aren't threats, but neither are we fools.
    Last edited by puzzler7; 2018-01-07 at 12:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"Glad you like it," Parker replies with no sense of urgency. The commotion outside is impossible to perceive from the kitchen. "It'd be better if we had some spiders to spice it up a bit. But I'm told that the people upstairs try to keep them out for some reason."

This way of asking questions without an upward inflection doesn't always provoke much of a response. Parker tries again. "You guys. Humans I mean. You're not like. Allergic. Are you. To spiders."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Breathing hard as he can only helplessly watch Mrs. Ancip be attacked, he feels his blood start to boil. Embracing his inner rage, he shouts to anyone who might be nearby, "Get some guards, we're being attacked!" He swings his horns at one of the attackers, grateful that even when he surrenders his weapons he is never truly unarmed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action to Rage, no Divine Fury
    Attack one of the assasins twice, for non-lethal damage if relevant
    (1d20+6)[20] for (1d10+5)[14]
    (1d20+6)[12] for (1d10+5)[15]
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-01-07 at 04:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Brad looks her in the fearful eyes. My friend will return here tomorrow. Alone. And then you can deal with your problem. Stay safe. He loosens his grip and follows Michael.

Sorry, Mike. But it is just a scene if you make trouble for no reason. This human clearly has reason to distrust the guard. And it should never be this way. he says while keeping up with the quicker human. Did you do something unpopular recently?

27. - Top - End - #177

El places a hand on her forehead, apparently muttering a prayer or a curse. She opens her eyes and continues, still serious. A closer look reveals something startling - she's having fun being buried in banter.

"Well, Vizier Kazik. What is it that makes a king? You are a mighty Vizier, are you not? Can you not read the actions and reactions of those around you? Or are you telling me that you yourself could not tell apart the king were he hidden among the rabble? A king is a king is a king - be he a king of men or a king of beasts or a king of monsters. A lion is indisputably king of the jungle, dressed in scraps or robes - would you disagree? And I think that should the king appear here, even in a miner's suit, we would know him as your majesty - a king is a king is a king."

She reaches to pull out a royal insignia.

"We, of course, have such royal identification, should you like to see it. Though I think it should hardly be necessary. I remember little from the surface, but I doubt the kings have become common men."

Show
    Guidance, because spell slots are overrated. Adding (1d20+5)[8] to my check.

I'm not sure what to roll, although it's obviously Cha based. Persuasion is +7, all else is +4.

Persuasion? (1d4+3)[4]

EDIT: Sorry, should say what I want to do with this. Trying to convince the Vizier that Asgore is king, that we are trustworthy, and that we are not to be brushed off lightly. We aren't threats, but neither are we fools.
    "Perhaps, perhaps... But monsters are cunning and canny foes. Wait here," he says, and stands to leave the room.

"Glad you like it," Parker replies with no sense of urgency. The commotion outside is impossible to perceive from the kitchen. "It'd be better if we had some spiders to spice it up a bit. But I'm told that the people upstairs try to keep them out for some reason."

This way of asking questions without an upward inflection doesn't always provoke much of a response. Parker tries again. "You guys. Humans I mean. You're not like. Allergic. Are you. To spiders."
    "Spiders can be poisonous, so we tend not to eat them," the chef responds. "But you say they taste good?"

Breathing hard as he can only helplessly watch Mrs. Ancip be attacked, he feels his blood start to boil. Embracing his inner rage, he shouts to anyone who might be nearby, "Get some guards, we're being attacked!" He swings his horns at one of the attackers, grateful that even when he surrenders his weapons he is never truly unarmed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action to Rage, no Divine Fury
    Attack one of the assasins twice, for non-lethal damage if relevant
    (1d20+5)[8] for (1d4+3)[4]
    (2d6)[8] for (1d20+5)[11]
    His first blow, taking the assassin by slight surprise, deals a heft blow. The second one misses, though, as the assassin twists out of the way.

The prone assassin leaps to his feet and swings at Justin, once, twice!

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d4+3)[4]
    (2d6)[8] poison damage

(1d20+5)[11]
    (1d4+3)[6]
    (2d6)[11] poison damage

But Mrs. Ancip, fire in her eyes, swings recklessly at the wounded assassin.

Spoiler: Reckless Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d20+7)[15]
    (3d6+4)[16]

(1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (3d6+4)[8]

(1d20+7)[13]
    (1d20+7)[16]
    (3d6+4)[10]

The wounded assassin looks to be on his last legs.

Show
    48 damage taken.

Brad looks her in the fearful eyes. My friend will return here tomorrow. Alone. And then you can deal with your problem. Stay safe. He loosens his grip and follows Michael.

Sorry, Mike. But it is just a scene if you make trouble for no reason. This human clearly has reason to distrust the guard. And it should never be this way. he says while keeping up with the quicker human. Did you do something unpopular recently?
    "No! All I did recently was hunt the bullette," he says. "And look-once we get to the palace, I'll ask some of the clerics to see if we have any criminal records involving her-maybe some guards failed to rescue her in time or something, I don't know."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-07 at 12:16 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Mrs. Ancip throwing herself into the fray despite her injuries fills Justin with determination. He lowers his head and swings his horns with reckless abandon as well into the fray of the three assassins ahead of him. Once, twice, before giving a mighty headbutt to one of the assassins in hopes to send him stumbling back, giving him and his ally a moment's reprieve to focus on whoever is left standing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Reckless Attacks this round. Here's how I pictured the attacks happening. One swing at the injured assassin, and then another if he's still standing. Otherwise, swing at the second assassin.

Attacks; (1d20+6)[11] or (1d20+6)[22] for (1d10+5)[11]
    (1d20+6)[10] or (1d20+6)[8] for (1d10+5)[12]

Bonus action to use Hammering Horns to shove the third assassin away, regardless of the Attacks' outcomes; (1d20+6)[16] or (1d20+6)[10]

29. - Top - End - #179

The first assailant goes down, but in a flurry of blade, the second one knocks Justin's horns aside.

The third one, though, is knocked back, stumbling slightly.

Show
    (1d20+2)[12]
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-01-07 at 01:28 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. Sorry for making a scene. Not pleased with his experience but still content with his reaction he hurries to leave the area where it happened. Let's see what the others have been up to. I bet Parker has made food already.

He doesn't look the type but he enjoys a hearty meal though Brad is not picky when it comes to eating.