New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default AD&D 2e Fairy PC suggestions

Hey there!

Been thinking about how to make Fairies a viable 2e player race. My Google-Fu is weak, and I haven't found anything preexisting. So, how'd one go ahead and make a Fairy PC? Or if those already exist: In which book do I find them?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: AD&D 2e Fairy PC suggestions

The Complete Book of Humanoids has Pixies, I believe. I'm not certain I'd want PCs that can turn invisible at will, though. Certainly a good starting point.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Which kind of fairy, too? IIRC, there's a ton of them in some of the Annuals.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    The Complete Book of Humanoids has Pixies, I believe. I'm not certain I'd want PCs that can turn invisible at will, though. Certainly a good starting point.
    In a severe case of "Dude, where's my brain?" I completely forgot to google for "Pixies"... They'd require a lot of refluffing, though (which I'm OK with if there's not another readily made option). And if I play a Pixie, I'll definitely remove Polymorph and Invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Which kind of fairy, too? IIRC, there's a ton of them in some of the Annuals.
    I'm looking for something akin to the Windlings from Earthdawn. So you bog-standard small humanoid with dragonfly wings, but personalitywise less "Kender without kleptomania". Not an evil being, and not too mischieveous, so no compulsive prank player.

Basically, I'm looking at a gnome/human/halfling hybrid from a personality angle. Lil dude is going to be a bard.

I'll check the Annuals and see what I can come up with.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

The Hackmaster supplement “The Adventurer's Guide to Pixie Fairies” has AD&D 2e compatible rules for all sorts of Fairy PCs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grumm View Post
    The Hackmaster supplement “The Adventurer's Guide to Pixie Fairies” has AD&D 2e compatible rules for all sorts of Fairy PCs.
    Yes, though keep in mind that quite a bit of it will have to be taken out simply to keep balance with the rest of AD&D 2e. Some of Hackmaster doesn't play well with AD&D.
    It doesn't matter what game you're playing as long as you're having fun.