New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Looking for stacking DR sources - 3pp included

Got a gestalt game in the works atm, so thinking ahead to what I want to play, and DR is nice in abundance, but its so very hard to stack for obvious reasons. Here is what I have so far tho, please post any others you know of.

Barbarian Rage Power - +1, can be taken up to 3 times.

Dragon Totem rage power chain - as worded, boosts your DR by 2 for each dragon totem - total 6. Works only with Barbarian DR tho. (does bloodrager count as a barbarian for this since its one of its parent classes?)

Stalwart and imp. stalwart feats - changes dodge bonus for DR bonus, works with any dr to a max of +10. Feat intensive to get tho...

Crimson Totem Veil (Daevic only) the bind grants dr/blunt equal to essence invested, stacking with other sources of dr/blunt. Since no magic item can boost a blood slot, you are looking at a max of 6 (7 with a feat)
    // I dont see dr/bludgeoning very often, are there any decent sources of it?

Kineticist Earth Element Defense Wild Talent (Dr/addy up to current level)
    //Other then stalwart, I would like to go this route. Is there any other stacking dr/addy sources?

Invulnerable Rager (Dr= 1/2 level)
    // this will be my secondary option if I cant make Kineticist work the way I want. D12 hit die, high bab, and insane DR on top of whatever my second class is is always a winning option.

Anyone know of any other sources, even smaller ones, that stack?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for stacking DR sources - 3pp included

I found this threat (Challenge: Highest amount of DR possible) on reddit. Seems both Barbarian and Kineticist seems to be able to get around 30 DR, mostly using options your already named.

A couple of things you didn't mention I saw there are:
    Hero’s Hauberk - Always stacking DR 1/-

Steelskin Channel - Always stacking DR 2/-, they use it with VMC which is 5 feats for 2 DR.
    (And if you go VMC Cleric, you can also take Earth Subdomain Petrification to gain up to 12 hardness, which is kinda like DR.)

Deific Obedience Lamashtu - Which is only accessible with the sentinel prestige class, meaning 9 levels for DR 5/-

And there is the Armor Master Fighter route which is 15 DR/- for 19 levels (including adamantine armor), but the class ability has a "doesn't stack with anything except adamantine." Although a lot of people seem to assume it does stack when the other source says it stack (like Stalwart defender calling out class abilities.).
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for stacking DR sources - 3pp included

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    I found this threat (Challenge: Highest amount of DR possible) on reddit. Seems both Barbarian and Kineticist seems to be able to get around 30 DR, mostly using options your already named.

A couple of things you didn't mention I saw there are:
    Hero’s Hauberk - Always stacking DR 1/-

Steelskin Channel - Always stacking DR 2/-, they use it with VMC which is 5 feats for 2 DR.
    (And if you go VMC Cleric, you can also take Earth Subdomain Petrification to gain up to 12 hardness, which is kinda like DR.)

Deific Obedience Lamashtu - Which is only accessible with the sentinel prestige class, meaning 9 levels for DR 5/-

And there is the Armor Master Fighter route which is 15 DR/- for 19 levels (including adamantine armor), but the class ability has a "doesn't stack with anything except adamantine." Although a lot of people seem to assume it does stack when the other source says it stack (like Stalwart defender calling out class abilities.).

Ohh! Thanks for those!

Ya... its looking like I am reaching the limit of what I can do. Gestalt opens up a lot of options, so time to crunch some numbers to see what I can come up with with all this :p

Thanks!