New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: War Of Seasons: The Flower has blossomed

"Wha? Silver...!" Diamond jumps to her hooves, watching as the colt begins waving the fire about in the air like a madstallion. "Is it a pony?!" she suddenly shouts, still clutching the flower-in-hat. She looks out, past the blazing light Silver continues to whip about, unsure about heading back out into the storm.

Instead, she peeks her head out from behind the shelter's wall, even if it means taking a faceful of freezing wind against her already-cold muzzle. "Come to the light! Quickly!" She yells out into the snow-blanketed land, the wind and snow muffling her voice greatly.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I do play hoofball, actually," Lantern mutters, "It is difficult in the snow..." However, the comment is lost to the wind. He sighs and hunkers down in the shelter, tired and worn out. His mind wanders to the events of the day. His eyes feel heavy. Perhaps he should take this time to get a bit of rest. He lets his eyes close and drifts off to sleep.

He dreams of home. For a short time, he is happy, wrapped in the hooves of his family once more.

"Huh?" he awakens with a snort and struggles a bit in his cloak to right himself. "What's going on?" He looks around. "Someone's out there? Are we sure it's a pony?"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver hesitates for a moment. Can he really be sure that it's a pony? Or that it's a friendly pony, for that matter? He can't really say that. However, so long as the possibility exists that someone needs his help, he cannot let his fears get the better of him.

"I-It has to be!" he says with just the tiniest lack of confidence. "They sound like their jaw is all frozen up, too. They can't have much longer in this weather!" Making himself as big and visible as possible, Silver continues shaking about his makeshift torch.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Ooc: More then a week passed since my last update. I do hope that all of you are still here...
    ----
    https://youtu.be/279ycpjclig
    -----

Silver Lining, Diamond Dust, and who join them(Lantern Light?) Feel a wave of chill. Even colder then the air itself,.their words turn into small silvery fogs before dissapearing.
    In the mist which was thick as sinfully forgotten pea porridge, a shillouete of a pony can be vaguly seen.
    "Iiiiiiiire....." it groan in agony.
    "Huuuuuuuugs.....' it begged.
    First you see it's bulging eyes and clenched teeth, which almost shine.
    "Ooooo......" it pant.
    "Oddddd....."
    And now a very few feet away you see the pony waddling

But was it a pony? His coat and skin was rotten and very sagging, it almost looked like he had tentacles around each hoof, piece of his left ear was ripped- no... broken.
    Silver's torch flickered.
    As this pony waddled forward, barely raising his legs, each step sliding forward a bit like a slug.
    The torch died out, and a long thin snake like, smoke have risen up.
    "Nooooooo...." the pony groaned sadly.
    "Huuuuuuuuuugs?' He groaned with an asking tone.
    As he advance it getting colder and colder.
    His nose and cutie mark were blackened from frost bite, and a very few pieces of his mane have remained.
    He walk-slither forward.
    "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs.....' he whined, and his whine echoed into your souls.
    Spoiler: Refrence
    Show

Spoiler: ooc rolls
    Show

Give me body checks. Pass 5
    At fail suffer (1d3)[2](2) endruance damage

Give me mind check. Pass 5
    At failure suffer (1d4)[1](1) will power damage
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver freezes up, the extinguished stick still firmly grasped in his wings. He stares at the bizarre creature that emerges from the darkness, the icy cold being not the only that sends a shiver down his spine.

“That's not a pony...“

Part of him wants to shrivel up and die at this very moment. After all, he's just put everyone in danger with his stupid need to play the hero. But he knows that he can't. This is his mistake, and thus also his responsibility.

“H-Hold on! St-Stay b-back!“ the colt shouts, panic taking the words from him. “The fire, it'll go out! You-...uh....“ Gesticulating wildly at the bonfire, he glances at Diamond and Whispering. Maybe they can wrap his thoughts in better speech?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Will: (2d6)[6][5](11) + 2 = 13
    Fort: (2d6)[3][3](6) + 2 = 8

Talking down the monster:
    (2d6)[6][5](11) + 1 = 12
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-10-27 at 06:12 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Diamond’s suggestion that Whispering Light should stick with the group would be heard, but not responded to. Of course, at this moment in time, in the wilds between civilizations. He would not try and strike out on his own. Not unless the rations were in danger of running out before they found safety. But after they got to safety. After they got to the next town? What did Whispering Light have to contribute to this small group of young ponies, forced to take on a responsibility so heavy and large that even adults might crumble under its weight?

Indeed, Whispering Light would stay silent and to himself as the others set up the shelter and got a fire going. He would stay silent about what they heard outside, and then how Silver got out of the shelter to find the pony and bring them back to shelter... and he would stay silent as this pony came forwards. Shedding an aura of cold, and looking far less alive than it should be from how it moved slowly towards them.

But unlike the other times. This silence was because Whispering Light was recalling his mother’s stories to know what this being was.

“It’s a Froozie.” He said, before realizing he had spoken too softly. Shaking his head, and taking a deep breath, Whispering would push himself up onto his hooves. Trying to convince himself that the shivering of his legs was due to the cold as he spoke. “That’s a Froozie. When a pony is said to be alone and lost, with the cold of the world pressing down on them, and stealing away the warm life within their breasts. It is said that Princess Blizzard Weeps comes to them during their last breath and asks if they wish for life. For eternal life... but those who accept it, find themselves forever frozen. Forever pained. Always seeking warmth, yet unable to feel anything but the deep, unending cold of their soul.”

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

https://youtu.be/LDZ6HlGRqvk

The Frooze moan in agony.
    'Oooo... ooooodddd....' he groaned keep crawl-walking.
    Hearing Wishpering Light's tale, he let out weep of sorrow.
    'Eeeeeeet truuuuuuuuu!' His voice echoed.
    He passed by Silver turning toward the little, FLUFFY and HUGGABLE Wishpering Light.
    'HUUUUUUUUUUUUG!' His eyes bulged even more, and the froozy turned toward the chatty nice pony, who seemed to understand his pain!

The fire in the shelter frickled, The air became painfully cold to those who near the Froozie.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(Those who haven't replied to the previouse update, should still roll.for it)

Body check, pass at 8
    At failure (1d6)[2](2) endurance damage

Heart check pass at 8
    At failure (1d6)[5](5) damage of will power

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #368

Spoiler: Two Checks
    Show
    Body
    (2d6+3)[8]
    (2d6+3)[7]

Mind
    (2d6+1)[6]

Heart
    (2d6+2)[7]

Lantern Light, ahem, freezes for a long moment. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and shivers against the encroaching cold. He stands in front of the fire, thinking to shield it from the...Froozie? Oh dear, that was something right out of the bedtime stories he was told as a littler colt.

Still, that thing is going to put out the fire if they don't drive it away. "And I don't want to join him!" he declares and draws his sword once more, "Stay back! Stay away from him! You had your chance and you chose this."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Though he is still somewhat shaken, Silver moves up next to Lantern, dropping his now extinguished torch and grabbing his carving knife in his mouth instead. With rekindled determination, he glares at the Froozie, moving to block its advance however it may try.

This thing better stay away from Diamond and Whispering.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Diamond stands frozen, staring at the horrid, frozen pony. This is what... this is what Her power of eternal life is? Being... frozen? She could hardly stop her jaw from dropping. She knew the stories, of course - any young pony in Gallopardia knew them. But to see them with her own eyes...

A tear welled up on her cheek, and she did all she could to keep more from coming. It didn't matter. If She had the power to extend life like this, certainly there existed a way to use it to bring someone back without freezing them. She might have use for the flower after all...

But she also wondered what the froozie would do if it got too close. How powerful was the flower's magic? She couldn't risk it destroying it, not while her friends were there and the changing of the world could very well rest on its continued survival.

She had no idea what to do. Their chances of surviving this were already slim... they were worn out from escaping the knights and hardly in any place to face off against this thing.

"Silver! Lantern! Be careful," Diamond yells, concentrating on the snow swirling about them. Just in case... she holds the flower aloft, protected still by the hat. She felt silly, really, holding some flower up, but then maybe a show of hope could help? She'd never believed in such things before, but here a froozie was standing in front of them, and...

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(2d6+2)[6] Mind
    (2d6+1)[9] Body
    (2d6+1)[5] Body
    (2d6+2)[7] Heart
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

At the sight of blades drawn at him, the Froozie slow down.
    It doesn't look scared. It looks... insulted.

He set his gaze on Lantern Light, he raise his neck and yawl in agony toward the sky.
    "...aone. aooooňooooone...." the froozie whine, and turn his back, with his head hanged dowm.
    'Oooooo... oddd.. oooo aooone....' he waddle crawl into the mists.

The unnatural chill he has brought, went away with him.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground

After Whispering Light had told the others what a Froozie was... and after the Froozie agreed that it was a Froozie. He had not expected the Froozie to suddenly lurch forward. Not when he had just said that he sucked all the warmth out from the world around him, which would clearly kill them in this storm... and Whispering hadn’t expected him to yell so loudly!

Badly startled, Whispering Light quickly ducked behind Silver for protection as he stepped forward alongside Lantern Light, ready to fight if he wanted to. The young colt’s heart pounding in his chest as the sudden fright, regretting how he had spoken up to tell the others what it was... he hadn’t meant to become the centre of attention like this! But now... but now they knew what it was, so they could deal with it, right?

And... and the Froozie didn’t seem like a bad pony either. Not coming closer as they made it clear they didn’t want it to. Not pushing forward, seeking warmth at any cost... it was reasonable, despite being so, so desperately cold... and likely aching, deeply lonely. Never having anyone around, always wandering on their own... not even other Froozie’s around to keep it company... how long had it been since it had enjoyed the company of others? How long... how long had it been like this? Cursed to an existence of torment?

“WAIT!” The words burst from Whispering’s lips before he could think. The colt actually startled that such a loud noise had come from his own mouth! But, he couldn’t stop now. Swallowing, he would force his trembling legs to step out around from Silver, as he glanced over to Diamond, before back to the Froozie. “Wait. We might... we might be able to help you. We might be able to save you... just, don’t come too close alright? You might kill it if you do, and then... and then, you’ll never be free. So just, stay there, and we’ll try to help you, okay?”

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver stays crouched low, wings extended ready to pounce on the monstrosity at any moment with righteous fury. He's made a mistake, but he'll be damned if he lets his friends get hurt because of it. Every sense focused, he waits for the Froozie to make its move, not relaxing for one second even as it turns to leave.

And then Whispering speaks up again, voice full of sympathy for a creature that chose this existence, that could have easily killed them and the flower if they hadn't been careful to keep it at bay. Heck, that could still hurt them even now if it got overexcited. It's all way too risky, just for the sake of this monster.

The only thing that prevents him from objecting is the fact that Whispering is set on showing kindness and doing something good for the Froozie. It's a victim of the queen as well, just like all of them. It doesn't change the risks, but it is an impossible to ignore reason.

Slowly, not moving his eyes off the Froozie for one second, he pulls back his head and puts his knife into the grasp of his wings. Once it is securely placed, he whispers to Diamond and Lantern: "Diamond, if this goes south, I'm grabbing Whispering and you have to move the flower out of here. Lantern, you keep it at bay until we can help."

Whether or not Whispering overhears this, the colt will stay silent afterwards, observing the situation carefully.

14. - Top - End - #374

Relief floods Lantern Light as the Froozie turns to leave. That had been close. But they were safe now. The flower was safe, the fire was safe. The situation was still salvageable. They could survive this.

Lantern's eyes go wide. He almost screams out, 'ARE YOU CRAZY?!' You didn't let dark things... He bit back the words that wanted so desperately to come out and quieted his thoughts. No, no, it was alright. Whispering was being kind, but not stupid. Still, he had never heard tell of anyone being saved from the Princess' grasp, once she had them.

He gives Silver a small nod, showing he understands. Holding things off. That was what his family did best. He just had to trust they wouldn't leave him behind.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Diamond Dust
    Show

Diamond Dust can feel vaguely, that the flower is surprised, yet happy hearing what Whispering Light say.

The Froozie has stopped on his tracks. He looked back. He was almost expressionless. But a single tear dropped and frozen to an ice before falling into the snow. It didn't shined like a normal ice. It reminded of the material of the armors of the Ice Knights.
    He stand with his back to you, but his head turned to you.
    Was there an expectation at his frozen eyes?

------
    My previouse Avater