New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Oxybe blunders through... TwitchTV! Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild & more to come!

I've been testing my Black Friday grand prize of a new Elgado for the last little bit and I think I have a decent stream setup finally figured out. I might whip out the SNES and play old classics like Megaman X or SMW, but I'll largely be playing newerish stuff on PC and Switch, then trying to figure out how to back that up onto youtube. I was wondering if it's against any forum rules to post my planned stream schedule in case anyone wants to check out the games I'll be playing.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-12-12 at 03:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Default Oxybe blunders through... TwitchTV! Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild & more

Since no one seemed to advise that it's against any particular rules,,,

https://www.twitch.tv/oxybe

Currently on my Schedule for play is:

6PM Atlantic Standard Time, probably going until 9-10PM, maybe later.

TUESDAY - Super Mario Odyssey

THURSDAY - Super Mario Odyssey

SATURDAY - Super Mario Odyssey OR Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Super Mario Odyssey: Picked up the game alongside the Elgado and I've been itching to play, but I figured I should get the streamer setup just right first. I was kinda torn between SMO and Xenoblade, but since Bestbuy was out of Xeno when I picked up the Elgado (my luck with stuff being delivered to my apartment is... iffy, thanks to a doorbell that works once in a blue moon & my work/sleep schedules, so I just had BB keep it), my choice was made for me. Zero regrets though, as the SMO gameplay i've seen has the game look like a dream and the controls look really tight. Plus: lots of collectables! Oh, and that whole Super Mario charm.

Saturday will either be more Mario or some Breath of the Wild sidequest type stuff wrapping up (largely going out and hunting the last dozen or so Hinox & Talos I haven't finished off yet for Kilton) before I go out and get the season pass. Or Korok seed hunting. I've only found 250 of the darned 900 things. Maybe a bit of laid back stargazing towards the end, hoping to get those last two Star Fragments I need to upgrade all the non-amiibo armours in the base game.

Alternatively, I may also stream a bit of Dauntless: a Monster Hunter-like that I managed to get a beta key for. I've played a little bit and it's still rough around a few edges, but that's probably a mix of the learning curve telling me I'm getting old and general "still in beta" tweaking needed. Once beta is over and it's released early '18, it'll be the free to play, making it the Paladins (before they thought "let's mimic EA's lootbox progression monetization!" was a good thing) to MH's Overwatch. I am still boggled how the Paladins devs think going through with the current planned patch is a good thing.

Eventually I'll probably be picking up:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 around or after Christmas (hooray christmas bonuses+extra shifts due to people going on vacation!). I've been looking for a nice long JRPG to chill to for a while now and this looks to fix that itch. The UK dubbing gives it a nice charm too. Between Mario, Xeno & Zelda I'll have 3 games to stream weekly.

I've got my eye on Dragon Quest Builders (Dragon Quest take on minecraft) as a candidate as I've been looking to get back into minecraft but without a proper goal or peeps to play with i'm not that motivated, so this might give me that fix in spring.

I'll very much be getting Monster Hunter World on PC. I just saw Pat from 2 Best Friends livestream the PS4 beta, try out the various weapons and the game looks fantastic. I'm rather new to the series but wow it looks sick. I don't have a PS4 so I'll have to wait for the PC release.

Indivisible (I might stream the latest backer build) is obviously on my list. An RPG with metroidvania style platforming made by the Skullgirls team, the combat relies heavily on doing combos with the 4 party members (picked from a wide cast of original & guest characters) and managing your combined super/guard meter. Even the preview build shows a surprising amount of tech.

Bayonetta. Just a whole bunch of Bayo... like... 3 Bayos. I played quite a bit of Bayo 1 back in the day, and I'm not adverse to playing more of it, as it seems to be bundled with Bayo 2. Then Bayo 3 was announced... Yeah, I'm get a lot of Bayo on my gaming sandwich. I like me some character action games.

So if someone's interested in taking a look, I'll be streaming starting tonight.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-12-12 at 03:13 PM.