New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I always look at the entire sortie for the day before I decide whether to bother. A lot of the assassination missions are more trouble than they're worth; the exceptions are Vor, Nef Anyo, Alad (*NOT* Mutalist. **** that noise), Hyena Pack, and Phorid. (Kela de Thaym is unpleasant enough in normal mode.)
    I'd add The Sergeant and Jackal to the list of acceptable assassinations, but I agree with you in pretty much everything else (what's the Nef Anyo fight though?). Assassination Raptor is a pain in the arse if you don't take the right build (you're looking at a Rage/Deft Wukong build as nothing else is tanky enough) but thankfully is self correcting on incompetent squadmates - a Synoid Simulor Mirage who doesn't pop her vortexes (which gathers the explosive you need to drop) is only an issue until she runs out revives.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Vor, Ambulas, Hyena pack, Jackal, Raptors, and the Sergeant all die fairly quickly to Mesa and her Regulators.
    Ruk I just tank with Oberon while I wait for his weak spots to open. It's been a while since I've done a sortie Alad V, but I don't think he fairs well against Mesa either. Mutalist Alad V doesn't seem to bad, I've just gone Rhino and waited him to become vulnerable, then introduce him to my Tigris. Lephantis usually just takes some patience.

Kela actually dies pretty quickly to Oberon's Smite*, and Hallowed Ground prevents staggers from the rollers.

Never actually done a sortie Tyl Regor.

I refuse to touch Vay Hek and Lech Kril sortie assassinations. Half the time I don't know if Lech Kril has bugged out and won't do his slam attach, or if he's just taking his sweet time as usual.

* Unless it's an elemental damage sortie, in which case Smite does bupkis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I actively enjoy the Lephantis fights. It takes more time than most people want out of a sortie, and often if you go with a PUG then you're in for a bad time as it seems that 90% of players got taxi's through it once and never went back.... But it's lots of fun if you know what you're doing.

Lech Kril is fine so long as you have a sufficiently forma'd weapon; I made the mistake of trying to kill him with a mid-levelled something-or-other that could barely fit Serration on it and I was destroyed. Came back 10 minutes later with my 5-forma Vaykor Hek and it was a hilariously different story.

Screw Tyl Regor, though. I ground out Equinox the old fashioned way, some 60+ runs before I got all the pieces, and his phases and vulnerabilities still make absolutely no sense to me.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

PC ID: Lethal_Logic
    Clan: Eidolon Memorial (just me tbh)

Vay Hek was absolutely miserable the first time I beat him, and he'd be even more miserable in a sortie. I'll try anything else once. Tyl Regor felt pretty straightforward to me, though - bust his ass until he runs away, kill some manics, repeat. I had to farm polymer bundle for clan research (still do), so grinding out Equinox was okay.

I find Onslaught to be great farm in general, because I can go back and forth between it and rad relic runs indefinitely (+ radshares when I get a good one or hit 100 traces). Can even level MR fodder in an off-duty slot. Haven't done it enough for Khora, but don't mind grinding it when I'd probably grind it anyway.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2018-07-09 at 03:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    ... and often if you go with a PUG then you're in for a bad time as it seems that 90% of players got taxi's through it once and never went back....
    Sounds like Raptor/Kela/any boss with any mechanics more complicated than point and shoot. Never underestimate the incompetence of pubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I find Onslaught to be great farm in general, because I can go back and forth between it and rad relic runs indefinitely (+ radshares when I get a good one or hit 100 traces). Can even level MR fodder in an off-duty slot. Haven't done it enough for Khora, but don't mind grinding it when I'd probably grind it anyway.
    Only problem I have is that Khora is only available in regular Onslaught, whereas all the decent drops are in Elite Onslaught and I'm fed up of farming for traces in fissures.

On a separate note, new glyph code: GUARDIANCON2018

Spoiler: GuardianCon2018
    Show
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-07-09 at 07:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I'd add The Sergeant and Jackal to the list of acceptable assassinations, but I agree with you in pretty much everything else (what's the Nef Anyo fight though?). Assassination Raptor is a pain in the arse if you don't take the right build (you're looking at a Rage/Deft Wukong build as nothing else is tanky enough) but thankfully is self correcting on incompetent squadmates - a Synoid Simulor Mirage who doesn't pop her vortexes (which gathers the explosive you need to drop) is only an issue until she runs out revives.
    Nef Anyo is The Sergeant. Or at least, assassinate Nef Anyo sortie missions are the same fight.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Hello again. I reinstalled Warframe because I saw the free Ash Prime event then forgot about it when I got around to the day of the event.
    I'm pretty sure everyone will be interested in seeing this:

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Extremes
    What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
    b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
    c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one!

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

SCRIPT IS DONE! 
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw and it made me happy. Recieved the frame but I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe I will find some unranked weapons and use him for Saya's Vigil.

Also I found out you can duel wield a pistol and a glaive. Neat. Doesn't seem to work with other weapons.

Edit: Also. one question about the Prime Vault. I know some things rotate in and out of the pool. But are some items permanently available from void relics. I just noticed that Braton Prime and Burston Prime were still available so it made me wonder.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2018-07-09 at 05:52 PM.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

9. - Top - End - #489

No, we have been waiting a long time now for Pistol/All other 1hand melee now
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Also. one question about the Prime Vault. I know some things rotate in and out of the pool. But are some items permanently available from void relics. I just noticed that Braton Prime and Burston Prime were still available so it made me wonder.
    There are indeed some 'eternal' primes, not sure offhand what all is on that list.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Also I found out you can duel wield a pistol and a glaive. Neat. Doesn't seem to work with other weapons.
    Any one-handed secondary and any thrown melee weapon. For I while I was running with Vaykor Marelok and Orvius. Dunno if it was the best combo, but it was a lot of fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    There are indeed some 'eternal' primes, not sure offhand what all is on that list.
    From the wiki:

Akbronco Prime
    Braton Prime
    Bronco Prime
    Burston Prime
    Fang Prime
    Lex Prime
    Orthos Prime
    Paris Prime

The Aklex Prime is an oddity that is Baro only, so not technically vaulted. The salt trader also has brought previously vaulted relics for Volt Prime and Odonata Prime, so some other things may be coming back through that.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-07-10 at 02:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493

Griffon

You have to hand it to DE for their generosity. My Ash Prime dropped perfectly smoothly and the in-game chat at the time showed an overwhelming majority of people for whom it had worked, too. I'd put the handful of complainers down to people who hadn't linked their account properly, or otherwise were only at 28 minutes of the 30 minute wait, or something.

For DE just to shrug it off and go "Oh well, our bad; free Warframe for everyone!" is a move that I have never seen from another developer, except possibly Cyanide (and their promotion was months in the making, not just a Twitch promo).

On unrelated news, I've fallen in love with the Arco Plasmor all over again. On a whim I took it onto Onslaught at level 4, and it was still going damn strong 8 waves later when the group finally fell apart. I've since added a Catalyst and buffed it a little; 8,500 Radiation damage is just a joy to see on something that still has 3 empty mod slots.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Very generous of them indeed, though I'm a little annoyed that the extra Ash Prime set I've been holding on to is now worthless. Just like the extra Trinity Prime set, and the extra Frost Prime set.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Funnily enough the weapons offered by the Perrin Sequence are the same as the ones I used while leveling Nyx. The Penta, the Lecta and a regular Cestra. Shame they hate my guts.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

For those that haven't gotten tired of listening to We All Lift Together yet, DE has given us a version without those Tennocon noises.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent. I played through Saya's Vigil and in a surprisingly short time (only four bounties) farmed the blueprints for Gara. To continue I need earn bunches of money, mine tons of resources and learn how to fish. In addition I need to get two Argon Crystals, one Tellerium and a bunch of Plastids in order to craft her signature weapons which is half the reason why I went through the effort to farm Gara. On the side I'll probably attempt the Silver Grove quest, finish exploring Luna so I can hopefully set up an extractor, keep trying to reach the far side of Pluto and as always pray that the extractor on Earth provides Neurodes.

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    For those that haven't gotten tired of listening to We All Lift Together yet, DE has given us a version without those Tennocon noises.
    Woo. That's good of them
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

On the unlocking Gara front. I have successfully crafted all of her weapons and fished up a bunch of charc eels. Next I need to mine a bunch of stuff. And make a bunch of money. Then I can use the cool glass weapons and the warframe that thematically matches them.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Got a Cassowar riven out of today's raid, anyone know pricing on them? All I know is that I want at least two warframe slots worth of plat out of it :)
    Spoiler: Cassowar Exibo
    Show
    Unranked:
    +17.1% Finisher Damage
    +20.6% Channeling Damage
    -5.2% Status Duration

Fully Ranked:
    +154.2% Finisher Damage
    +185.5% Channeling Damage
    -46.7% Status Duration
    Long-form Sig

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

I haven't figured out how to check prices for rivens on warframe.market yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

That's because warframe.market can't really handle rivens. Far as I can tell, everyone posts 30-plat (or whatever the current number is) offers for veiled rivens and then negotiates in dojo based on the specific riven. That or they go on warframe.market's discord, which...IDK if that's any better than in-game trade chat.

There are alternatives, though. Riven.market has a list of Cassowar riven mods for trade. So does WFTrader. Based on that, I'd say the riven with no useful stats is probably worth ~30-40p, but with some rerolls that could easily go up by a few multiples. I haven't actually bought or sold any rivens myself, though, so take that with RDV of salt.

23. - Top - End - #503

Finally hit MR 25, without even leaving my clan for one that has the Hema. Thank Baro for bringing in some Prisma weapon this weekend (PS4).

I love that the test is basically "do you have Zephyr". I screwed up 6 times that I noticed, and my performance was less than exceptional the rest of the time. I still finished with 50% more time on the countdown than when I started.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Zalabim on PC. Apparently my first time posting in the thread. I just wanted to say I bring Loki Prime to nearly every Sortie (so yes I am that guy) and I haven't met a Sortie I couldn't happily solo. Except that one Bow Only Ambulas Assassination. I definitely did not have a powerful enough Dread on that day. I also have two comments about the Europa Raptor Assassination. I do not bring Loki there anymore, and I apparently suck at picking up and dropping bombs. I don't know how. I've played every Bomberman game (probably not literally true).

Happy hunting.

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    (so yes I am that guy)
    Hopefully you do them solo so your not wasting a slot in a squad with a crap frame. Leading frame i have to pick up in sorties are bloody useless lokis
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #506

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hopefully you do them solo so your not wasting a slot in a squad with a crap frame.
    Meh- any frame can be useful in 90% percent of situations, if you know how to use it. People who switch to Loki for a spy sortie are usually trouble, but it's fast and has decent crowd control.

Invisibility is a nice damage buff, if nothing else.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hopefully you do them solo so your not wasting a slot in a squad with a crap frame. Leading frame i have to pick up in sorties are bloody useless lokis
    While a good Loki is a bonus to the team, far too many Lokis I meet on Sorties just stealth and leech. I can count maybe 2 or 3 times that a pubbie Sortie Loki hasn't got 0% damage and 0 kills.

28. - Top - End - #508

NecromancerGuy

When I see a loki in my squad I'm always split between anticipation and annoyance. A well played Loki is a top tier frame with remarkable cc and utility abilities (and damage if they have a good gun/sword). A poorly played Loki is a minor annoyance as any random pug that doesn't know how to help the team is. A troll Loki is about on par with how I felt about Limbo when that first came out.
    Long-form Sig

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I decided to start playing Loki today. Mostly because I randomly felt like leveling up Hate and Dread so it seemed to be the most thematically appropriate unleveled Warframe. All of my loadout slots are becoming dominated by low level stuff. Actually I might stick Hate and Dread onto my Ash Prime and change him from an Orange vaguely Naruto color pallete to a stereotypical Black and Red Stalker theme.

Also I've started crafting Gara, it took long enough. In all, I am currently crafting Gara, Snipetron Vandal, Hek, Hind, Ankyros and Dark Dagger. Dark Dagger and Ankyros for achievments (Ankyros builds into another fist weapon). Snipetron because I got the last part after an annoyingly long wait. Hind because I liked Burston but the thing is a tad lackluster. And Hek because Hek. Also I picked up the fourth level in Steel Meridian and picked the Hek mod over the Sobek Mod. I'll probably grab the Sobek as well because I like it, though it would be hard to fit in without a potato, which I have been stingy with.

Last, I await the day I unlock 5th level Steel Meridian because I plan to buy the weapons, stick them on my mostly unranked Oberon and run around yelling JUSTICE.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    People who switch to Loki for a spy sortie are usually trouble, but it's fast and has decent crowd control.
    I solo spy sorties with Ivara. Too many fails in pugs for me to bother trying with a group for those any more.
    Spoiler
    Show